PDA

View Full Version : They chose the hard way

texanfan2100
05-01-2006, 09:50 AM
The Texans could have made this so easy. If they took Bush, fans would have accepted 6 or 7 wins next year as long as the team showed improvement. Having Bush would have gotten the fans excited about the team again.

With that being said, they took Williams. They now almost have to win 9 or 10 games next year. If not, Reliant will be half full by November, if not sooner. The environment will be similar to what it was at the end of last season. It seems like they could have avoided this, but they chose the difficult path. Being a fan, I hope it works. I just hope we're not in the same position (No. 1 pick) next year. This was the longest 3 1/2 months of my life.

:hide: :hide: :hide: :hide:

Grid
05-01-2006, 11:43 AM
So they arent looking for a player that was flashy enough to save them from another losing season? Instead took the player they thought would keep them from having a losing season..

I think i can live with that :P

Double Barrel
05-01-2006, 11:47 AM
Texans fans have to realize that we picked need over greed.

Need, because it's obvious our d-line was one of our most glaring weaknesses.

Greed, because we don't need another RB in Kubiak's system, and it would have been all about the 'sexy' pick and selling jerseys.

nflnutswife
05-01-2006, 12:34 PM
[QUOTE=texanfan2100]The Texans could have made this so easy. If they took Bush, fans would have accepted 6 or 7 wins next year as long as the team showed improvement. Having Bush would have gotten the fans excited about the team again.

With that being said, they took Williams. They now almost have to win 9 or 10 games next year. If not, Reliant will be half full by November, if not sooner. The environment will be similar to what it was at the end of last season. It seems like they could have avoided this, but they chose the difficult path. Being a fan, I hope it works. I just hope we're not in the same position (No. 1 pick) next year. This was the longest 3 1/2 months of my life.

I'll be happy with either!!!!!!!!!!!:ok:

donnyc_24m
05-01-2006, 12:42 PM
If they picked for need, it would of been some o-line.

Kaiser Toro
05-01-2006, 12:43 PM
If they picked for need, it would of been some o-line.

I would reference pick #65 & #66 in the 2006 NFL draft.

donnyc_24m
05-01-2006, 12:48 PM
I would reference pick #65 & #66 in the 2006 NFL draft.
Should of used their #1 pick for a stud OT. Thats where I was going with that. Can't wait for the titans to come to town.

Kaiser Toro
05-01-2006, 12:51 PM
Should of used their #1 pick for a stud OT. Thats where I was going with that. Can't wait for the titans to come to town.

I like the fact that we got the stud DE and two of the top 10 OL out of college rather than just the stud OT.

dalemurphy
05-01-2006, 12:58 PM

picking a player first doesn't make the player a stud. they didn't like ferguson or justice. they like spencer and winston. Orlando Pace and Walter Jones weren't available in the draft.

Texas_Thrill
05-01-2006, 12:58 PM
I like the fact that we got the stud DE and two of the top 10 OL out of college rather than just the stud OT.

exxxxactly. I just hope Winston doesn't turn into Bosseli from that injury.

SuperMario
05-01-2006, 01:37 PM
exxxxactly. I just hope Winston doesn't turn into Bosseli from that injury.
He did play all of his games in the 05 season, so I'm not worried much about his injury.

SuperMario
05-01-2006, 01:38 PM
Exactly!!:yahoo:

texans_fan06
05-01-2006, 01:54 PM
How Do Yall Think Kubiak Will Feel If Mario Lets Them Down

SuperMario
05-01-2006, 01:59 PM
:brickwall

Kaiser Toro
05-01-2006, 02:03 PM

He will feel liking putting a foot in his buttocks.