PDA

View Full Version : Any FS options come June 1st?

TheRealJoker
04-30-2006, 05:24 PM
Who is out there that we might be able to sign in fa to play fs for us? Im thinking the FO either decided that there will be someone on June 1st for us or that CC and Earl can man both spots with success behind the strength of our improved pass rush.

kiwitexansfan
04-30-2006, 05:30 PM
I've been wondering about this too.

I know kubiak likes P-Buc so I think our only possible need is a true FS. Although even in saying that I think that they might be happy with Brown there.

Is it too early to know who is likely to be a June 1st victim??

The other question is are there any undrafted rookies that are interesting.

Sarg01
04-30-2006, 08:11 PM
I keep hearing that New Orleans is trying to ship their starting FS, Dwight Smith. He'd be a definate upgrade. Nothing against Earl and Brown - they're just both strong safeties.

TheRealJoker
04-30-2006, 08:17 PM
Babin or Peek for Dwight Smith then!!! I remember him when he was with the Bucs, especially in the Superbowl. He kicked butt!!! :redtowel:

12Gage
04-30-2006, 09:45 PM
Babin or Peek for Dwight Smith then!!! I remember him when he was with the Bucs, especially in the Superbowl. He kicked butt!!! :redtowel:
Heck yeah. I love Dwight Smith. I would go crazy if Houston traded for him. He had 2 INTs returned for TDs in the Super Bowl. He was the real SB MVP, and a complete fan favorite when he was in Tampa. Almost more of a CB than a FS though, at 5-10.
He comes with some backage, but he is worth the risk.

mexican_texan
04-30-2006, 09:46 PM
Heck yeah. I love Dwight Smith. I would go crazy if Houston traded for him. He returned 3 INTs for TDs in the Super Bowl. He was the real SB MVP, and a complete fan favorite when he was in Tampa. Almost more of a CB than a FS though, at 5-10.
He comes with some backage, but he is worth the risk.
Isn't that Dexter Jackson?

Snapple
04-30-2006, 09:48 PM
I'm all for getting Dwight Smith. Anyone is better than what we have now. I know we're not built to win this year, but come on, we can't field a team and expect to play a football game with no FS.

12Gage
04-30-2006, 09:52 PM
Isn't that Dexter Jackson?
My bad, he returned 2 for TDs not 3, but yeah that was Dwight Smith. Dexter Jackson had two picks but no TDs, that is why I say Dwight Smith was the real SB MVP.

Smokedawg
04-30-2006, 11:09 PM
Could we trade someone for Ko Simpson?

Texas
04-30-2006, 11:17 PM
We shoulda handled this in the FA before the draft...I "quote" said these problems would arise...

TheRealJoker
04-30-2006, 11:19 PM
We did pursue Chris Hope....

samomin
04-30-2006, 11:34 PM
Are we even going to have the same kind of June 1st cuts now that teams have option of releasing players early without taking a cap hit? I don't think June 1st will have that many players.