Fiddy
08-29-2004, 11:59 AM
Read these stats:

527 yards passing (1st in preseason)
66.7% rate
8.4 yards/attempt
6 TDs/2 INTs
111.0 QB Rating

Saturdays game: Outperformed last years #1 overall pick, Carson Palmer, by going 14-20 for 214 and 3 TDs compared to Palmer's 12-26 for 171 yards and 1 INT and 1 fumble lost. And Schaub played agianst the Bengals starters because Vick was held out again...

Two straight games with 3 TD passes and hasnt had a INT since the opening game against the Ravens...

I feel bad that he is going to have to sit on the bench most of the season, but he will get some playing time....

Huge
08-29-2004, 12:44 PM
He'll get playing time if/when Vick gets hurt. He MIGHT get into blow-out games late but that would be just to hand the ball off.

Fiddy
08-29-2004, 01:33 PM
Yawn.. idonno:Just wanted to give Schaub some credit for playing really well even though he has no chance to be a starter in Atlanta and has to wait until he becomes a FA....

texasguy346
08-29-2004, 06:11 PM
I was impressed by Schaub. When I saw him in college I really didn't think much of him, and I couldn't understand all the hype surrounding him at the draft. You don't often see a rookie QB look very good even in the preseason against 2nd stringers.

jgl35
08-29-2004, 11:03 PM
This will not mean much to you guys, but he is from my home town of West Chester, Pa. Hope he gets a chance someplace.

Ihategeeks
08-30-2004, 02:14 AM
NFL regular season defense will stump the Schaub.

TheOgre
08-30-2004, 11:53 AM
It seems like Ray Lucas had a fantastic preseason a couple of years ago. When he was finally thrown into starting duties, when Fiedler went down, he looked like a drowning puppy on the field.

Hervoyel
08-30-2004, 01:45 PM
Could go either way. He could be the best thing since sliced bread or just another guy having a great preseason who'll never amount to anything. That's the beauty of preseason. Nothing definitive can be learned from it for the most part.

The nice thing though is that we will be seeing him during the regular season sooner or later. Vick's going to get broken again, it's only a matter of time. Then we can find out if these numbers were a glimpse of things to come or, as Ogre pointed out, just another case of "Ray Lucas Syndrome"

RTP2110
08-30-2004, 05:57 PM
Just wanted to give Schaub some credit for playing really well even though he has no chance to be a starter in Atlanta and has to wait until he becomes a FA....

Not so fast Fiddy......

From Profootballtalk.com (http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm)

MORA GETTING SICK OF VICK?

Word around the league is that new Falcons coach Jim Mora quickly is tiring of quarterback Michael Vick's "I'm hurt/I'm not hurt" routine.

In fact, it's getting to the point that some league insiders are openly wondering whether the Falcons will turn the team over in due time to rookie Matt Schaub, one of the most highly regarded college quarterbacks entering the 2003 NCAA season. Injuries marred a potential Heisman run and dropped him into the third round of the draft.

As one scout told us, "Vick is a talent but has a low pain threshold. I don't think the Falcons will move him, but if the aches continue and Schaub shows he can get it done, down the line you never know."

Vick was a late scratch from the Falcons' most recent preseason game due to tightness in his right hamstring. He has thrown a total of nine passes in his first preseason working with the West Coast offense.

Just for fun, we made a short list of potential destinations for Vick, if the Falcons decide within the next year or so to make a move. As of now, we could envision the Dolphins, the Browns, the Cowboys, the Lions, the Packers, the Saints, and the Cardinals as having an interest in acquiring Vick's services.

Ihategeeks
09-01-2004, 09:58 AM
----deleted because, wtf was I saying here---- :crazy:

Fiddy
03-29-2007, 10:00 PM
I predicted Schaub to the Texans on 08-29-2004...well, sort of lol

freedoggy77
03-29-2007, 10:29 PM
man this thread is OLD

Fiddy
03-29-2007, 10:37 PM
That's how good I am