PDA

View Full Version : Jerome Mathis in the future

Andre_Johnson88
04-30-2006, 03:44 PM
Hey all this draft talk is great and all but I wanted to bring up some things I wanted to discuss about Jerome Mathis.First, after this season we all discovered how GREAT of a returner he has become and how fast he really is.However, do yall think there is a good chance he could become a good WR for us?I mean with his electrifying speed one would think he could be a gamebreaker!I definately just look forward to seeing more great returns this next season out of him!Thoughts?

Malloy
04-30-2006, 03:46 PM
Hey all this draft talk is great and all but I wanted to bring up some things I wanted to discuss about Jerome Mathis.First, after this season we all discovered how GREAT of a returner he has become and how fast he really is.However, do yall think there is a good chance he could become a good WR for us?I mean with his electrifying speed one would think he could be a gamebreaker!I definately just look forward to seeing more great returns this next season out of him!Thoughts?

He saw a little bit of time at WR last year, and I guess it'll happen again next season. As to whether or not he'll be a full-time WR, I have no clue. It depends on two things; Does he have the skill it takes, and can our coaches take advantage of it. Only time will tell :)

Brandon420tx
04-30-2006, 03:55 PM
He caught one of the few long-ball touchdown passes from Carr, I believe.

TexansNeedRBin05
04-30-2006, 04:22 PM
I'd like to see him beat Walters Armstrong and any other crap we have and become the 3rd WR...I see us going to a 3 WR set more but that's just me.

texanskan
04-30-2006, 04:24 PM
I'd like to see him beat Walters Armstrong and any other crap we have and become the 3rd WR...I see us going to a 3 WR set more but that's just me.

I like Walter but Armstrong will never be an impact guy.

He does catch everything though.

rmartin65
04-30-2006, 04:49 PM
Hopefully Mathis can become a legit reciever.

BigDTexansFan
04-30-2006, 04:59 PM

from all I am hearing, he has some growing up to do. He was told stay away from motorcycles and went and got himself injured (sure it is offseason..BUT what's to say when told run this route, he doesn't say I know this route is better for me) I heard that he was kind of who are you when being coached in minicamp, so hopefully Moulds and AJ can help him see you might be fast BUT you can just as fast be gone.