PDA

View Full Version : Where will Babin/Peek fit?

blockhead83
04-30-2006, 12:17 PM
So the choice of Mario is fine by me, I think he'll be a fantastic addition to our team. My quandry is what this is going to mean for some of our other players. I was under the impression Babin/Peek would be seeing time at RE since we just spent a boatload of money to acquire Weaver to play LE. With Williams coming in, he's obviously going to be starting at RE, so what does this mean for Peek and Babin?

Peek's historically kind of filled the role of situational pass rusher for us anyways, so I could see him coming in on passing downs when we shift Williams in to DT. I guess the linebackers coach Holland sees some hope for him at LB as well. I figured he might be a Raheem Brock type DLineman for us.

Babin is player that we have alot of picks and money invested in. He wasn't spectacular at LB for us in the 3-4, but in college he had an outstanding career at a defensive end. So what happens to him now? I haven't heard anyone mention the possibility of him playing linebacker in the 4-3, and defensive end is becoming awfully crowded, especially with the signing of N.D. Kalu.

I wouldn't be very surprised to see either of these guys get traded, which is gonna take a paradigm shift from myself, as I'd always seen them as being the future of our pass rush regardless of their lack of production so far. Anyone care to postulate where Peek and Babin will end up in the next season or two, regarding their position and team?

SuperMario
04-30-2006, 12:36 PM
Ty Law would be a perfect fit for this team, but I don't think we could afford him.

mancunian
05-01-2006, 04:22 AM
This was in the Chron - both are gonna be DE.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/3831130.html

ATX
05-01-2006, 05:18 AM
Since Mario Williams can play any spot on the Dline, I'm thinking Peek will be coming in on 3rd downs at left DE and Williams might move over to play one of the DT spots. Imagine Peek and Williams coming at you from the blind side. As for Babin, he can hold Mario Williams jockstrap while he sits on the bench.

SAMURAITEXAN
05-01-2006, 06:15 AM
Yeah! It is going to be a serious D. Is Law or Woodson signed already? They might be expensive but boy when I think about I get really:drool:

Cincinnatikid
05-01-2006, 09:23 AM
I think its pretty clear that regardless of what transpires this season, Peek will be gone. There are other teams that want him, and that would use him as more than a situational pass rusher for 6 plays a game. I think his game is at a higher level that a special teams player and the Texans will probably be losing him.