PDA

View Full Version : The 5 Stages Of Grief (where are you?)

swisher
04-30-2006, 12:16 PM
DENIAL --- WTF!? No, this is just a smokescreen. This can't be true. Until Tagliabue stands up there and says we're taking Williams I won't believe it.

ANGER --- ARE YOU ****ing SERIOUS!!!! We just passed up the greatest prospect in the last 10 years for Mario $#%&ing Williams???!!! THREE ****ING MONTHS OF VINCE VS REGGIE AND THIS IS WHAT YOU GIVE US!!!!! **** it, I'm a Titans/Cowboys fan. Cancel my season tickets!!

BARGAINING --- Ok, if we trade the rest of our picks, plus all of our picks for the next three years, plus Bob McNair's horse so we can move up and take Bush or Young I'll keep my tickets and remain a Texans fan.

DEPRESSION --- OH...MY...GOD. We just passed on Bush AND Young. We are the ****ing laughing stock of the sports world. I'm embarassed to even say I'm from Houston right now. I feel like I'm about to puke.

ACCEPTANCE --- Ok. It's been 48 hours since I found out we were taking Mario Williams. He's going to be a stud on our D-Line. We still have Davis, Johnson and Moulds on offense. With the addition of Williams, Ryans and Weaver our defense might actually be able to stop the run next year. Everything is going to be okay. Maybe Bush and Young will both be busts and we'll look like freaking geniuses in three years. Take a deep breath...exhale.

TexanBacker93
04-30-2006, 12:45 PM
You forgot to add one that isn't really a stage of grief...

Excitement.

Even if Bush and Young are the best in the class, if the Texans become winners it won't matter. There are always going to be great players that don't play for the Texans. If the Texans can become one of the elite teams you'll be happy to watch them come here and lose to the Texans' powerhouse team led by an awesome defense.

mancunian
04-30-2006, 01:06 PM
DENIAL --- WTF!? No, this is just a smokescreen. This can't be true. Until Tagliabue stands up there and says we're taking Williams I won't believe it.

ANGER --- ARE YOU ****ing SERIOUS!!!! We just passed up the greatest prospect in the last 10 years for Mario $#%&ing Williams???!!! THREE ****ING MONTHS OF VINCE VS REGGIE AND THIS IS WHAT YOU GIVE US!!!!! **** it, I'm a Titans/Cowboys fan. Cancel my season tickets!!

BARGAINING --- Ok, if we trade the rest of our picks, plus all of our picks for the next three years, plus Bob McNair's horse so we can move up and take Bush or Young I'll keep my tickets and remain a Texans fan.

DEPRESSION --- OH...MY...GOD. We just passed on Bush AND Young. We are the ****ing laughing stock of the sports world. I'm embarassed to even say I'm from Houston right now. I feel like I'm about to puke.

ACCEPTANCE --- Ok. It's been 48 hours since I found out we were taking Mario Williams. He's going to be a stud on our D-Line. We still have Davis, Johnson and Moulds on offense. With the addition of Williams, Ryans and Weaver our defense might actually be able to stop the run next year. Everything is going to be okay. Maybe Bush and Young will both be busts and we'll look like freaking geniuses in three years. Take a deep breath...exhale.

I went straight to acceptance.....Williams is the best Defensive player in the draft, we got two oline and a very good OLB.

Wolf
04-30-2006, 01:08 PM
I went straight to acceptance.....Williams is the best Defensive player in the draft, we got two oline and a very good OLB.

I did too. at some point in time you have to draft the Uglies

mexican_texan
04-30-2006, 01:11 PM
Anger
Annoyed
Sad
Acceptance
Optimistic
Excited<----check me out. I was going to change my MySpace Layout from VY to Mario, but there is no such thing..

Double Barrel
04-30-2006, 01:24 PM
While a shock on Friday night, I immediately went to acceptance. There is no point crying over spilt milk, and nobody knows how this draft will truly work out until the team takes the field.

I'm glad that Coach Kubiak is helping out the defense, to be honest. I was concerned that he might fall into the trap that other offensive minded head coaches find themselves in by concentrating too much on one side of the ball.

Paragon Blue
04-30-2006, 01:34 PM
Acceptance!! It makes no sense for me to be angry at everybody over something that I have no control of. Can't wait for the season to get started!!!

bigcarlos
04-30-2006, 01:36 PM
Luv Ya Blue:redtowel:

4Texans
04-30-2006, 02:03 PM
I'm accepting. I can't wait for training camp to get started and see what the new coaches, new system, new players, and old players are going to do.:ok:

:fans:

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
04-30-2006, 03:02 PM
In Koob We Trust

Malloy
04-30-2006, 03:23 PM
Never rached any state of grief :)

TxnFanatic
04-30-2006, 03:29 PM
I never will find ACCEPTANCE for this pick, Im not sure which waterhead retard made this choice, but this is ridiculous. Im sure Mario will be a good player, but to pass on a ONCE in a LIFETIME talent like Bush is mind boggling. He would instantly make the whole offense better. He would free up the recievers, make the O-line better instantly just because they wouldnt have to hold their blocks as long and he would give David the safety outlet that can take it to the house anytime he touches the ball. For all those that say defense wins championships, I say look at the Cowboys of the 90's. Offense baby, offense. We had a chance for our own triplets and the chance for immortality. Now, we are just the laughing stock of the NFL. Again! The Texan braintrust (use that term lightly) has repeatedly said Mario "has the potential" to be the next Reggie White. Potential? I dont want potential. I'll pose this question. Would you have rather had Barry Sanders, Gayle Sayers, Emmitt Smith or Reggie White? I dont recall Reggie scoring that many TD's. This is going to go down as one of the great draft brainfarts of all time.

mancunian
04-30-2006, 03:31 PM
I never will find ACCEPTANCE for this pick, Im not sure which waterhead retard made this choice, but this is ridiculous. Im sure Mario will be a good player, but to pass on a ONCE in a LIFETIME talent like Bush is mind boggling. He would instantly make the whole offense better. He would free up the recievers, make the O-line better instantly just because they wouldnt have to hold their blocks as long and he would give David the safety outlet that can take it to the house anytime he touches the ball. For all those that say defense wins championships, I say look at the Cowboys of the 90's. Offense baby, offense. We had a chance for our own triplets and the chance for immortality. Now, we are just the laughing stock of the NFL. Again! The Texan braintrust (use that term lightly) has repeatedly said Mario "has the potential" to be the next Reggie White. Potential? I dont want potential. I'll pose this question. Would you have rather had Barry Sanders, Gayle Sayers, Emmitt Smith or Reggie White? I dont recall Reggie scoring that many TD's. This is going to go down as one of the great draft brainfarts of all time.

and at this minute in time Mr Reggie Bush is just potential

TxnFanatic
04-30-2006, 03:33 PM
Bush has been a virtual "highlight film" every year since Jr.High. Super Mario had a very nice half season.

whiskeyrbl
04-30-2006, 03:35 PM

He may not score TD's but I will bet he will stop a few,and cause some havoc in opposing teams backfields. All these college players come out with 'POTENTIAL" till they prove themselves at this level. If you don't like the way things are going, I see this is your first post....You could make it your last!

TxnFanatic
04-30-2006, 03:41 PM
I am NOT knocking Mario or his talent or potential talent. I'm knocking the thought process that Texan Mgmt demonstrated at this crucial time in our rebuilding. We can agree to disagree.

Vambo, the Marble Eye
04-30-2006, 03:49 PM
This is going to go down as one of the great draft brainfarts of all time.

This year's draft addressed two of three problems;

a) no defensive pass rush ( bush nor young can fix this)

b) no pass protection (young can't fix that, nor can bush)

c) 3 and out offense... ( this would be the only reason to draft bush or Young)

I hope you and your kind are wrong, but also hope your thinking extends to the PSL holders so I can get better seats. It is simple for me...defense wins championships and we play Indy twice a year and have lost EVERY year.

By SIGNING our first round draft choice, we will able to focus on getting this NEW defense working...

See you at the game, Cuz

stone temple
04-30-2006, 04:02 PM
whatever happened to drafting talent over position? i am almost as shocked today, as i read these posts, as i was yesterday when mario was officially announced. we, as texans fans, have a right to be outraged by this pick. you guys can spin this thing as much as you want, but the bottom line is passing on reggie and vince is unjustifiable.

Malloy
04-30-2006, 04:03 PM
whatever happened to drafting talent over position? i am almost as shocked today, as i read these posts, as i was yesterday when mario was officially announced. we, as texans fans, have a right to be outraged by this pick. you guys can spin this thing as much as you want, but the bottom line is passing on reggie and vince is unjustifiable.

Blah Blah... Atomic Bomb.. Blah Blah...

mancunian
04-30-2006, 04:07 PM

will you be saying that as Williams flattens Mr Young? Nope didn't think so. Yeah Bush might have been the BPA but Mario helps the team more. Lets see how much playing time Bush and Young get next year.

Honch Delgado
04-30-2006, 04:16 PM

Somewhere between acceptance and indifference. Much like gas prices, it makes little sense expending time and energy over something you have no control over. While I don't like the Williams pick, I understand it. I am puzzled over the Daniels and Ryans picks. Aren't those positions we are already stacked with? I thought S, CB, and QB were more pressing needs if this indeed was a needs draft. A speedy coverage safety, a Qb to pressure or compete with Carr because Rosenfels isn't gonna do it, and a DB to complement or replace Faggins. But whatever, time will tell if this was a great, good, mediocre, or horrible draft.

stone temple
04-30-2006, 04:21 PM
mario, with that 4.7 40 time, couldn't catch vince if was running downhill. as for playing time, that has no relevence. i wonder how many of these spin-doctors were sitting in the stands last year with the "we want bush" signs.

HJam72
04-30-2006, 04:44 PM
1st Round--I'm OK with it, but not happy.

2nd Round--Total Crap. We could've had J. Williams at corner or W. Justice and there were even better choices at OLB, which we didn't need.

3rd Round--Great. We got 2 great players and got them later than I would've expected.

4th Round--Worse Crap. We could've had Simpson/Bing and we got some never heard of TE when we already have Putzier and now Joppru will be healthy forever.

Round 5,6,7--I have no idea because after Rds. 2 and 4 I am not interested in watching drafts anymore.

In consolation, I saw other teams make stupid choices too, but not as bad as Houston.

Brandon420tx
04-30-2006, 04:51 PM
4th Round--Worse Crap. We could've had Simpson/Bing and we got some never heard of TE when we already have Putzier and now Joppru will be healthy forever.

:violin

BigDTexansFan
04-30-2006, 05:19 PM

does doing happy dance at drafting someone to harass QBs and STOP RBs. :yahoo:

HoustonFan
04-30-2006, 05:24 PM
Excitement.

At this point all teams are 0-0. Not one of these superstars have a played a down of NFL football. I wish all of them well. Texans will improve as a team and do what the Oilers/Titans couldn't do in Houston - win a championship. Remember, it doesn't matter who got there first, it's about who wins it first.

dwilt72
04-30-2006, 05:39 PM
Depression. There's alot of blind faith on this message board. I can't believe how many people think Mario Williams is a good pick, even though he wasn't extremely impressive in college. He had 6 good games at the end of the season, but he was non-existent if some of their more important games against ranked opponents. He had a great combine (mainly because his team didn't make a bowl and he had more time to prepare).

I could have lived with passing over VY or RB if we got D'Brick, because our O-Line stinks. I would have even liked getting a DE in the 2nd or 3rd, or even trading back into the first for another DE. My problem is picking this guy at this pick. He was NOT worthy of a #1 overall pick and I think time will show that this was the equivalent of passing on Jordan to draft Sam Bowie.

TexansLucky13
04-30-2006, 05:47 PM
There's alot of blind faith on this message board.

What a closed-minded response. How do you think Browns fans and Lions fans live? Just like we do. We have no winning seasons to look back on, no mythical history in the NFL (like the Raiders, Steelers, Cowboys, 49ers). If you have never given an ounce of blind faith in your life then I truely feel sorry for you. Sometimes it is the idea of "We have so much to look forward to" that keeps us going. Grrrr.

I liked the pick. Sure, I cussed up a storm for 30 minutes. We all did. But when you sit down and think about it, we really didn't need to take him. I think Kubiak was worried, also, that Bush would holdout.... we don't have time for that. Mario jumped at the chance to be #1 and Bush wet his pants. End of story.

Super Mario was the best Defensive player in the draft. He reminds me of Richard Seymour.... very talented. I will like to see him in person very soon. Bush is gone.... he's gone to an NFC team. We don't have to worry. We will only see him at the Super Bowl and every 4 years. We can handle that.

Bobo
04-30-2006, 06:11 PM

Smart fans went through no grief whatsoever. After all, this was basically a no-brainer. You have a good back who has proven himself, so you use your top pick to fill other needs. It was really that simple. I really don't see why anybody would "grieve" over that.

Bobo
04-30-2006, 06:13 PM
Depression. There's alot of blind faith on this message board. I can't believe how many people think Mario Williams is a good pick, even though he wasn't extremely impressive in college. He had 6 good games at the end of the season, but he was non-existent if some of their more important games against ranked opponents. He had a great combine (mainly because his team didn't make a bowl and he had more time to prepare).

I could have lived with passing over VY or RB if we got D'Brick, because our O-Line stinks. I would have even liked getting a DE in the 2nd or 3rd, or even trading back into the first for another DE. My problem is picking this guy at this pick. He was NOT worthy of a #1 overall pick and I think time will show that this was the equivalent of passing on Jordan to draft Sam Bowie.

And I can't believe how you can't see it. It's really this simple. The Texans have Dominick Davis, a RB who has proven himself to be an outstanding back. The Texans have a pass rushing need. So they take the pass rusher. Taking Bush or Young would have been, quite frankly, stupid. Neither pick would have met a need and you would have a losing team for years to come. Time may show this, and probably will: The Texans picked Jordan and passed on Sam Bowie.

Bobo
04-30-2006, 06:15 PM
mario, with that 4.7 40 time, couldn't catch vince if was running downhill. as for playing time, that has no relevence. i wonder how many of these spin-doctors were sitting in the stands last year with the "we want bush" signs.

Umm, the idea is to get to Vince before he starts running.

dwilt72
04-30-2006, 07:38 PM
If you have never given an ounce of blind faith in your life then I truely feel sorry for you.

I have faith in things much greater than this front office, so don't feel sorry for me.

southtexan
04-30-2006, 08:23 PM
I would rather have Reggie White, Laurence Taylor, Julius Peppers than any great RB.

southtexan
04-30-2006, 08:26 PM
Bush has been a virtual "highlight film" every year since Jr.High. Super Mario had a very nice half season.
Super Mario is only 20 years old, once his body matures he will be a great player.

swisher
04-30-2006, 09:20 PM
Smart fans went through no grief whatsoever. After all, this was basically a no-brainer. You have a good back who has proven himself, so you use your top pick to fill other needs. It was really that simple. I really don't see why anybody would "grieve" over that.

I guess that makes me a dumb fan.

My grief was for what I lost Friday night. A chance to see a player define our franchise in the eyes of the nation. Blah, blah, blah...I don't need to go on.

But...I got over it. It took about 48 hours, but I'm over it. I've reached acceptance. I can still grieve over what might have been, but I'm also excited to see what might become of the Texans in the direction the FO has taken it.

TexanBacker93
04-30-2006, 10:03 PM
1st Round--I'm OK with it, but not happy.

2nd Round--Total Crap. We could've had J. Williams at corner or W. Justice and there were even better choices at OLB, which we didn't need.

I have to disagree here. Williams and Justice are both problem children and have a lot of off the field issues. Ryans was actually rated higher than Carpenter and Lawson who both went before him. He graded out just below Greenway. He's a very good LB. The Texans have a lot of LBs, but they lack the talent.

dat_boy_yec
04-30-2006, 10:09 PM
Oh, I went through the works. It's funny though because before the draft I was talking about seriously taking Williams with the first pick, but when it happened I was just shocked. I'm all better now GO TEXANS.