PDA

View Full Version : Support our troops...

Yankee_In_TX
04-30-2006, 11:08 AM
....Even if you don't support the war.

I was thinking about this last night. This is probably the greatest day in Mario William's life. The #1 pick in the N Frickin' L Draft.

And what does he hear, see, and feel from Houston?

Boos. Not very welcoming.

I hope everyone will be excited to have him, welcome him to training camp, and at our first game. I hate to think that we, the fans, have put a damper on this guy's moment in the spotlight. So regardless of what you think of Casserly, the draft, our FO, let Williams know we are excited he's here in Houston.

mancunian
04-30-2006, 11:15 AM

I was thinking about this last night. This is probably the greatest day in Mario William's life. The #1 pick in the N Frickin' L Draft.

I hope everyone will be excited to have him, welcome him to training camp, and at our first game. I hate to think that we, the fans, have put a damper on this guy's moment in the spotlight. So regardless of what you think of Casserly, the draft, our FO, let Williams know we are excited he's here in Houston.

cant wait for him to be in action. Unfortunately living in England means I wont see a lot of him - but I'll be listening the radio.

BHTEXAN
04-30-2006, 11:22 AM

Ahem to that. It's not Mario's fault that the Texans decided to pass up on other & draft him 1st. I know that at least for the first two seasons, people will be comparing his success to that of Reggie's. The only problem with doing it is that it's easier to see the points Reggie will put on the board, while not so easy to see the point Mario keeps the other teams from scoring. Williams seems really pumped up, not only about Football but about joining the Houston community as well. Give Mario & the Texans a chance & lets see how successful they are in putting a winning team on the field. Rome wasn't built in a day & neither are teams that consistantly win. It does take some time. That doesn't mean it won't be fun watching it happen.:redtowel:

Malloy
04-30-2006, 02:50 PM
cant wait for him to be in action. Unfortunately living in England means I wont see a lot of him - but I'll be listening the radio.

Off topic, but you can get the games on dvd (4-5days delay) from pontel.com And before anyone starts crying, it's LEGAL, this company bought the rights to sell NFL-games (college too) out of North America. :)