PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Defense

powerfuldragon
04-30-2006, 10:11 AM
Anyone else really looking forward to watching some Defense this season?

I know I am.

hot pickle
04-30-2006, 10:18 AM
i can't wait, yaaaahhhoooooo

Oct. 15=super mario gettin 3 sacks, and Owens will get mad at drew bledsoe for not passing him the ball and parcells will bench owens

texans-24
cowboys-7

im trying to get tickets for that game, so maybe ill see yall there

OzzO
04-30-2006, 10:19 AM
Heck yeah - if we can eventually get to that level that I saw Pittsbugh put on Indy in the AFCC last season, I'll be giddy with these selections. (Yeah, I said giddy.)

TEXANRED
04-30-2006, 11:31 AM
I was in the Bush camp.............and am super ecstatic that the powers that be dont listen to the common fan.

Look at our division. White, Young, Brown, Manning, Harrison, Wayne. So much offense. If the Texans ever expect to win in this division we needed D. 31st wasent gonna cut it.

This is the first time I can step back and look at this team and see, not only the quality of our starters, but the depth as well. If you are gonna play for four quarters of football you had better have the depth to do it cus its gonna take the whole team.

Games are won and lost on the front lines and both our D and O line are starting to look pretty solid.

Can't wait for Mario Williams to break someone in half.:redtowel:

mancunian
04-30-2006, 12:19 PM
I was in the Bush camp.............and am super ecstatic that the powers that be dont listen to the common fan.

Look at our division. White, Young, Brown, Manning, Harrison, Wayne. So much offense. If the Texans ever expect to win in this division we needed D. 31st wasent gonna cut it.

This is the first time I can step back and look at this team and see, not only the quality of our starters, but the depth as well. If you are gonna play for four quarters of football you had better have the depth to do it cus its gonna take the whole team.

Games are won and lost on the front lines and both our D and O line are starting to look pretty solid.

Can't wait for Mario Williams to break someone in half.:redtowel:

For us to make an impact in this division we needed a defence as there's no way we would win any shoot outs - especially not against the Colts. Remember Defence Wins Championships:redtowel:

mancunian
04-30-2006, 12:29 PM
]']I am! Love defense!

Now I know that Babs and Peek are not going anywhere. Either guy must transition fully to one position.

Babin must become a DE
Peek in to a LB

No more tweener ****!

I agree that they both need to stick to one position. Not sure about Peek at LB though - especially his pass coverage skills.

Brandon420tx
04-30-2006, 01:04 PM
Lets hope they don't leave Dunta hanging on a line in the middle of nowhere again... please draft a DB!! I'm ecstatic with this defense.

MojoX
04-30-2006, 01:18 PM
I agree that they both need to stick to one position. Not sure about Peek at LB though - especially his pass coverage skills.
I've read a few quotes to the effect that he is the best coverage LB on the roster. Richard Smith badly wants to play Peek at strongside LB. The Williams pick allows this to happen.

mancunian
04-30-2006, 01:26 PM
I've read a few quotes to the effect that he is the best coverage LB on the roster. Richard Smith badly wants to play Peek at strongside LB. The Williams pick allows this to happen.

I thought last season he had problems with pass coverage, but heck if Smith thinks he's best suited to OLB I'm not going to argue with him

Brandon420tx
04-30-2006, 01:27 PM
As long as every game has an opposing unconscious fullback.

Malloy
04-30-2006, 02:37 PM
As long as every game has an opposing unconscious fullback.

HEHE, that's the spirit!! :)

BigDTexansFan
04-30-2006, 04:08 PM
i can't wait, yaaaahhhoooooo

Oct. 15=super mario gettin 3 sacks, and Owens will get mad at drew bledsoe for not passing him the ball and parcells will bench owens

texans-24
cowboys-7

im trying to get tickets for that game, so maybe ill see yall there

bring your body armor, I went to the preseason game last season. I live in Dallas area, so am used to their ignorance (tearing off antenna's with Texans antenna balls and Texans stickers). But I had parents (Cowboys fans) cussing and throwing things in front of their kids...guys trash talking about see you in parking lot, the terrible crime my wife and I committed. she wore David Carr's jersey and I had on my 1st game Texans-Cowboys T-shirt showing Reliant Stadium..OK OK we cheered on Texans...but thats all I swear :ok: ...LOL

TEXANRED
04-30-2006, 04:47 PM
There is a video I saw on the web, if you know which one I am talking about please post it, must see to belive.

The goverment wanted to know what would happen if a plane slamed into a wall of a nucular power plant. So they built a wall out in the middle of the desert and proceeded to take a fighter plane and fly it 500 miles an hour into this wall. On impact, the plane atomized. Nothing left. The wall, didn't even budge. Might have scratched some of the paint off.

My point? I would compare either VY or RB to the fighter plane. Fast, mobile, armed to the teeth, fun to watch, sleak and sexy. And the wall, is Mario Williams, boring to watch, no frills, not exciting, doesnt do much for you, quiet. But for all the hype, all the frills and bells and whistles as that plane had, was no match for a properly assembled, boring ole wall.

I am hoping Mario Williams will be part of the foundation that the rest of D will construct itself on, our foundation being Willams, Johnson, Smith, Weaver, Kalu, Payne, Babin. Not a bad start. Let the Young's, Bush's, Manning's, Harrison's, and whoever else thinks they are a fighter plane, come on and try out our wall, same results every time.