PDA

View Full Version : Mario Williams = SEXY PICK!

[[Gary Kubiak]]
04-30-2006, 08:59 AM
Lets look at this: We will have good front 4 pressure and our LBs can stop the dinks and dunks to TEs that murdered us last year.

Weaver - TJ - Smith - Williams

Now here is the sexy part: What if we take this line,

Weaver - TJ - Smith - Williams

and F'n BLITZ PEEK WITH IT! Going full bore from 5 yards out!

There is no way in heck a pocket can stand for 3 seconds. NO F'N WAY! We are gonna give O-lines problems. That make it extremely sexy.

TexanBacker93
04-30-2006, 09:13 AM
The thing I like about that front 4 is that they could all need double team action at times. It will be like our offense last year with 2 TEs and a running back staying in to help the linemen block 4 or 5 pass rushers. Not much 2 receivers can do against a couple of linebackers underneath and 4 defensive backs covering the rest of the field. This is what a defensive line is supposed to look like.

TexanBacker93
04-30-2006, 09:27 AM
Hulk, they were all on the same page last season.

The problem was, some of them had the kids classic version, some had the bantam classic version, some were using the penguin, one had the book on tape, and a couple of them thought watching it would be the way to go.

Now, we've got them the same book and they'll get on the same page.

mike moffat
04-30-2006, 09:28 AM
i'm diggin' it. I'm ready to get started right now!

hot pickle
04-30-2006, 10:20 AM
if you really think about it mario was the best pick for are team. cause he all know DD can have an easy 1300 yd season if we ahve a proper o-line, so lets wait and see

PapaL
04-30-2006, 10:32 AM
Best part of it all, he is already signed. He will be in minicamp and should be sitting in the film room right now.

Bubbajwp
04-30-2006, 11:17 AM
Starting Dline
Weaver / TJ / R Smith / Super mario

Passing situations
Peek or babin / TJ / Weaver / Super Mario

Honoring Earl 34
04-30-2006, 11:42 AM
:superman: Mario has just made PBuch a better CB .

mancunian
04-30-2006, 12:10 PM
Hulk, they were all on the same page last season.

The problem was, some of them had the kids classic version, some had the bantam classic version, some were using the penguin, one had the book on tape, and a couple of them thought watching it would be the way to go.

Now, we've got them the same book and they'll get on the same page.

yeah they were on the same page - they just had different editions - one was in English, one in Spanish, one in French.....:)

Wolf
04-30-2006, 12:11 PM
"I'm going to play with a chip on my shoulder because nobody thought I was worth the top pick except the Texans," he said. "They don't have to worry about me being a bust. I'm going to reward their faith in me.

"I'm proud to be a Texan, and I don't take it (booing) personally. I'm used to being the underdog. Reggie and Vince are great players. I wasn't on TV all the time like they were, but that doesn't mean I can't be a great player, too. I'm going to win the fans over."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/3829926.html

I like motiviation in a player
:redtowel:

mancunian
04-30-2006, 12:13 PM

I saw that transcripts and I reckon Mario feels he has something to prove - which can only be good for us

Ibar_Harry
04-30-2006, 12:39 PM
Best part of it all, he is already signed. He will be in minicamp and should be sitting in the film room right now.

Yes, he is eligible to do anything he needs to with the team, because he is signed. People don't really understand how important that is. In addition, because Kubiak is a new head coach I believe we are entitled to two additional minicamps. He is ready to go and can go. Now all we need to do is quickly sign our other draftees.

Some of the new head coaches have already had their minicamps, but not Kubiak. I think he wants to get everyone together and start early. I keep saying, playoffs here we come.....

Ibar_Harry
04-30-2006, 12:42 PM

Sounds a lot like the comments from Weaver. I think he will just fit right in with our guys. A common thread I'm hearing from all of the new players is TEAM, not ME.

O.G.
04-30-2006, 12:53 PM
if you really think about it mario was the best pick for are team. cause he all know DD can have an easy 1300 yd season if we ahve a proper o-line, so lets wait and see

Correction, I think Domanick can run for 1500 yrds with a proper line and if he stays heathly. Can't forget about Morency either. He was the nation's leading rusher when he came out last year.

edo783
04-30-2006, 02:28 PM
Anyone else notice that in college on third and long, that they moved Mario inside to DT at times? Mmmm, let's see Babin, Smith, Mario, Peek...that could be a pass rush group. Not sure how that woud play in the NFL though.

Malloy
04-30-2006, 02:30 PM

Good work by the front office, no one holding out on the team through training camp. I like stuff like that :)

Brandon420tx
04-30-2006, 02:51 PM
Anyone else notice that in college on third and long, that they moved Mario inside to DT at times? Mmmm, let's see Babin, Smith, Mario, Peek...that could be a pass rush group. Not sure how that woud play in the NFL though.
I was going to say something on that point, but in a passing situation its more likely we might see TJ in the DT spot, so its a toss up between Smith and and Mario on the inside, of course, I think they will move Peek back to Linebacker....

It would be funny if they made Peek our SS, think of the WHAM!!! dead blindsided TE.

4Texans
04-30-2006, 03:01 PM

I heard Mario on ESPN Radio 790 this morning and he mentioned that he played DT some, and would expect to do that with the Texans if needed.:superman:

Wolf
04-30-2006, 03:05 PM
on saintreport.com (I believe it was) he said he also said he wouldn't mind playing LB if needed

I have it linked on another posting, but couldn't find it on the other website