PDA

View Full Version : Who do you line up where?

YoungTexanFan
04-30-2006, 12:56 AM
Do you put Mario vs Winston?

Weaver vs Spencer?

Weaver vs Winston

Who do you match up on each line to push the players the most. Who do you think will benifit the most from training against a particular player? It is not limited to the guys I listed, but please discuess them. This should be a fun pre-season.

HJam72
04-30-2006, 01:29 AM
I wanna know what the O-line looks like right now.

I have:

Wand, Pitts, Flannagan, Spencer, Winston, Putzier (TE).

Is that right?

YoungTexanFan
04-30-2006, 01:36 AM
I have Winston, Pitts, Flannagan, Spencer, Wand

TJ vs Spencer?

anyone have an opinon?

HJam72
04-30-2006, 01:39 AM
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=2551&section=N%20Latest%20News

OK, now I have:

Spencer, Pitts, Flannagan, Wiegart/McKinney, Winston.

Things change fast. :)

D-ReK
04-30-2006, 01:40 AM
According to Kubiak, Spencer will be LT and Winston will be RT...

That means Spencer will line up against Super Mario and Winston will line up against Weaver...

HJam72
04-30-2006, 01:41 AM
I'm just gonna say right now that I don't think that's gonna work out. I think they've got Spencer and Winston switched, but at least they're very close to what I really want. :)

YoungTexanFan
04-30-2006, 01:49 AM
I'm not asking who WILL be matched up where, I asked who SHOULD be matched up where, to better maximize the talent and to push the stud opposite of them the most.

YoungTexanFan
04-30-2006, 01:49 AM
I also think Spencer should be RG, not LT. Winston/Wand at OT's.

MorKnolle
04-30-2006, 03:09 AM
My OLine would look like this for the start of the season:
LT: Chester Pitts
LG: Steve McKinney
C: Mike Flanagan
RG: Zach Wiegert
RT: Eric Winston

backup C: Drew Hodgdon
backup G: Charles Spencer
backup T: Seth Wand

Charles Spencer probably would not start this coming year, but he will be first OLineman off the bench other than at C and I expect by next year at the latest that he will be put in the starting lineup for Wiegert.

*edit, been watching Cass/Kubiak videos on the Texans website, sounds like they plan on Winston and Spencer at OTs, eventually probably Winston will be at LT and Spencer at RT, so it would likely look like this:
LT: Eric Winston
LG: Chester Pitts
C: Mike Flanagan/Drew Hodgdon
RG: Steve McKinney
RT: Charles Spencer
Starting DLine (likely DLine for 1st and 2nd downs/running situations):
LDE: Anthony Weaver
LDT: Seth Payne
RDT: Robaire Smith
RDE: Mario Williams

BTW that's 580 lbs. of beef at bookend DEs, that should be a real nice DLine for runstopping.

DLine for passing situations:
LDE: Mario Williams
LDT: Anthony Weaver
RDT: Robaire Smith/Travis Johnson
RDE: Antwan Peek

hot pickle
04-30-2006, 11:14 AM
spencer is a 351 pounder, doesnt really seem fit for a zone blocking LT, or does he have really good speed and agility. Im not saying that we shouldnt use him cause i like him, but its just weird

when we drafted him i saw him on the film at the senior bowl practices and he looked great when it came to one on one blocking