PDA

View Full Version : You guys got a STEAL with Ryans

Shader
04-30-2006, 12:01 AM
Guys, I'm a huge Titans fan, and I have to say I almost threw up when I saw you draft Demeco Ryans. As a bigtime Bama fan, this is probably a very similar feeling that you guys are having about us getting Vince Young.

Ryans is the best Bama defender since Derrick Thomas. Are his measurables great? No, they are pretty average. But he was unstoppable every week in the SEC. I promise you that you guys are going to love him, and I'm sick about having to watch him in a division rivals uniform.

Anyway, I know you guys are down on a few of your picks, as I think passing Bush has to be the worst move I've seen a franchise make in years. But kudos on the Ryans pick. He will be a stud for years to come, I promise you that.

Vinny
04-30-2006, 12:05 AM
I watch a ton of SEC football and I agree. He is highly instinctive and smart. I thought Seattle was going to take him.

ClintonPortis26
04-30-2006, 12:06 AM
Yea I've been saying this for a while. I can see DeMeco Ryans being in the mould of people like Johnathon Vilma, Antonio Pierce, Lance Briggs. Very Productive and important to a team but not a Super-Star Medias Teddy Bear.

As for your others pick...They were great, you need to give yourselves a core to build around.

Rovator
04-30-2006, 03:31 AM
So everything I've heard about this guy is that he doesn't have ideal speed or size, but he is very smart, studies film well, and is always in position... similar things that people said about Dat Nguyen. Anyone think he can be a similar player to him?

Vinny
04-30-2006, 03:35 AM
So everything I've heard about this guy is that he doesn't have ideal speed or size, but he is very smart, studies film well, and is always in position... similar things that people said about Dat Nguyen. Anyone think he can be a similar player to him?Ryans is closer to Vilma in play and style

Malloy
04-30-2006, 04:09 AM
Ryans is closer to Vilma in play and style

Vilma's good, I can live with that :)

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
04-30-2006, 04:43 AM
Ryans is closer to Vilma in play and style

Good comparison.

UGA
04-30-2006, 07:53 AM
this pick saved our draft in my opinion...

williams + ryan = a defense with serious upside