PDA

View Full Version : Charley Casserly has to go

houstonhoosier
04-29-2006, 02:10 AM
I posted this in the draft forum, but it's getting lost in the shuffle of draft talk, besides this is more about the front office...

I remember just after the expansion draft that all the experts were going on and on about how well the Texans were being run, and that we would be a winner in no time. Charley Casserly has since taken the momentum of having a solid expansion draft and the number 1 overall pick that year, and has scwandered it all away. This has to be one the worst franchises in the league from a player evaluation standpoint. I think the jury is still out on Carr, and other than Andre Johnson, Dunta Robinson, and maybe Dominic Davis the rest of this team is just plain awful with no clear direction in sight. I can't tell what the long term plan for this team is, it just seems like we have chance after chance to improve and we just don't get any better. We have had terrible off. line play throughout our existance, our secondary has stunk for years, we don't have an impact linebacker... how have had these questions for so long without any answers? Trading a 2 and a 3 for phillip buccanon who did less than nothing last yar, and especially last years draft blunder, passing on Derrick Johnson for injury-prone Travis Johnson, coupled with the news today all lead me to one unfortunate conclusion... Charley Casserly has the Texans stuck in neutral,and going nowhere fast. It's time for Charley Casserly to go, he has had more than enough time to at least build a foundation for the future, but with so many player personel questions and exactly zero answers, Mr. Casserly has to be held responsible.

Master Po
04-29-2006, 02:41 AM
Well, at least you've got Kelvin Sampson to fall back upon. :rolleyes:

Kaiser Toro
04-29-2006, 02:44 AM
Cass needs to go and draft a OL, LB, S, CB, WR and RB

throwANDREtheBALL
04-29-2006, 02:45 AM
Yah cool, whatever, go get a new GM already. Its old news that he doesn't deserve his job. (since the beginning of last season)

BUT, the Mario Williams pick was the best one we could've made....since we signed Carr to an extension.