PDA

View Full Version : McNair is obviously the problem!

aggieNzona
04-29-2006, 02:32 AM
We all thought Charlie was the main issue but without a doubt now Bob is the problem. He just out did Bill Bidwill as the biggest gutless owner in the NFL. This sets the team back 5 years and I wonder what it does to Kubiak, obviously he was not in agreement with this choice!:brickwall :challenge

Marcus
04-29-2006, 02:37 AM
Kubiak obviously he was not in agreement with this choice!:brickwall :challenge
Oh really? Now, how would you know that? Did he phone you and tell you that, or did you just pull that out of your asss?

Snapple
04-29-2006, 02:40 AM
I don't think McNair is a good scapegoat, because I doubt he's going to fire himself anytime soon.

aggieNzona
04-29-2006, 02:44 AM
Oh really? Now, how would you know that? Did he phone you and tell you that, or did you just pull that outa your *****?

No becuase Kubs along w/ almost every NFL scout and observant knows Bush is a once in a 10 year player and Williams may or may not be even be real good! Bush is a game breaker will Mario be that? Gary certianly wanted Bush and any Texan fan that thinks this is somehow a good move is nothing more than an homer idiot!! The franchise is now the laughing stock of the NFL! The Cards and Saints are now considered better orginizations!! Do you really think they had Williams higher on the board then Bush? No this is about money and power and Mr McNair said "my way or the highway" which unfortunatley is very similar to Bud Adams and Bill Bidwill's approach!:stirpot:

Double Barrel
04-29-2006, 02:49 AM
McNair is obviously the problem!

Problem? What problem? :um: WE HAVE A PROBLEM?

SAMURAITEXAN
04-29-2006, 02:49 AM
Come on guys. Texans made a choice to go with Mario let's hope that he can be a stud for us. We needed DE anyway more than RB. Yes, I'm a little dispointed like your guys. But we got the best D available from this draft. Just look at his highlights on internet. He is a beast. Either Mario or Reggie, I'm still texans' fan. :fans:

TexanBacker93
04-29-2006, 03:07 AM
Bush will be great.
Bush will be a bust.
VY will be the best ever.
VY will never figure out NFL defenses.
D'Brick will be a franchise LT
D'Brick will be an average T
Mario Williams will be the next Reggie White
Mario Williams will be the next Alonzo Spellman

Nobody, anywhere, knows which of these statements is true or false. Every statement has been clouted by "experts" on this site and every mediahead in the USA. This is the move I thought was the smartest move to get a championship caliber team built.

I know I'll be rooting them on from the front row in the end zone.

Kaiser Toro
04-29-2006, 03:09 AM
We all thought Charlie was the main issue but without a doubt now Bob is the problem. He just out did Bill Bidwill as the biggest gutless owner in the NFL. This sets the team back 5 years and I wonder what it does to Kubiak, obviously he was not in agreement with this choice!:brickwall :challenge

To quote El Guapo from the Three Amigos, "Who the hell are you?"

erasethevirus
04-29-2006, 03:50 AM
Most GMs have agreed that mario is also a once in 10 years defensive prospect worthy of the #1 pick. Get a clue.

HJam72
04-29-2006, 05:31 AM

lol:

I don't think we can tell if we have a problem or not. idonno:

BradK10
04-29-2006, 06:14 AM

C'mon you're crazy. I live in Zona too, and NO ONE can touch the Bidwells, not even close

Grid
04-29-2006, 06:16 AM
I dont wanna be the homer here... but considering the 100s of millions that McNair paid to give us this team.. shouldnt be be thankful, regardless if he wants to draft Mario Williams or his brother Cliff McNair?

HJam72
04-29-2006, 09:03 AM
I dont wanna be the homer here... but considering the 100s of millions that McNair paid to give us this team.. shouldnt be be thankful, regardless if he wants to draft Mario Williams or his brother Cliff McNair?

Yep, that's what I've been thinking too. Even thought about starting a thread about it.

c5demon
04-29-2006, 10:29 AM
No wonder why the other NFL owners don't like McNair either.

TheOgre
04-29-2006, 11:09 AM
It is obviously a Kubiak decision. Just look at how difficult it has been for Denver to find quality D-linemen. I'm just not sure THIS is the right guy.

HoustonFrog
04-29-2006, 11:13 AM
It is obviously a Kubiak decision. Just look at how difficult it has been for Denver to find quality D-linemen. I'm just not sure THIS is the right guy.

It was just reported by Mort that Kubes and Casserly sat down Thursday and made this decision. I think it has to do with long term effect and they don't want a VY or Bush and have them fail miseribly.

I am leaning toward McNair having some problems. Great man, great worker for Houston sports, etc but sometimes great businessmen don't make great sports owners. You have to have the right people in place. We will see how it works out.

04-29-2006, 11:23 AM
Yea No kidding, Did we not just "draft" the best pass rusher in college football, not to mention HE CAN PLAY every DLineman spot on the field, this guy is taller Stronger and faster then Jullius Peppers, If you want to blame somebody for the NO BUSH PICK blame BUSH!

Peppers ran a 4.4.

Johnny Utah
04-29-2006, 11:24 AM

We are the worst expansion team ever. That's a problem.

hot pickle
04-29-2006, 12:20 PM
yall need to stop complaining and support are team instead of bitchin and complaining, lets just see how he does, yall don't know if he will come out of the gate blazin, and if he is a bust then complain, so lets just shut up and see what else we do in the next rounds

Bobo
04-29-2006, 12:58 PM

Seems to me that Williams was the gutsy call. But it was also the football call. I feel sorry for NO. Now they have the Bush/McAllister conflict and their lines haven't improved. McAllister is one of the best RBs around and has been to two Pro Bowls. Good luck to them, but they got themselves into this mess -- something the Texans were smart enough to avoid.

OzzO
04-29-2006, 01:26 PM

Actually, it's been noted that McNair told Casserly and Kubiak to get what player they thought was best (decided Mario) at the time and that he'd take care of the PR afterwards.

utahmark
04-29-2006, 01:39 PM

they just passed on the 2 most popular guys in the draft. he is taking all kinds of critisism for this pick and he had to know it would be an unpopular choice. they stood up to all that and took the player they think is going to be best for the team. and you think thats gutless.

Ckw
04-29-2006, 01:59 PM
Come on guys. Texans made a choice to go with Mario let's hope that he can be a stud for us. We needed DE anyway more than RB. Yes, I'm a little dispointed like your guys. But we got the best D available from this draft. Just look at his highlights on internet. He is a beast. Either Mario or Reggie, I'm still texans' fan. :fans:

We needed defensive end??? Correct me if I'm wrong but don't we have two supposedly good pash-rushing defensive ends in Antwan Peek and Jason Babin? Not saying they will be better at the new position but there also is no guarantee that Super Mario is the next Julius Peppers...here's to hoping. Also didn't we just pick up Anthony Weaver, granted he is not a great pass rusher, and N.D. Kalu, another pass rusher??? What about Robaire Smith, Travis Johnson, Seth Payne, etc.?? Is DL really the problem?? Or was it mainly coaching from last year? My bet goes with our biggest problem being coaching, because, after all, many of these guys that we have were either good players before coming to Houston or were rated pretty highly coming out of college.

On to running backs: At running back we have....Domanick Davis. Great back and I love having him on the team...but he has shown some problems with injuries....so to take his place when he is injured we have.......................Vernand Morency?!?!?! Wow!!!! Now running back sure is a strong position......

Look, I'm not the guy whining and saying I'm no longer a Texans fan. But I greatly question this move. And I don't question it based off talent. I do believe Super Mario can be a great player, but is he really comparable to Reggie Bush. Everyone has said all along our problem has been our pass protection. So what do we do? We pick up one offensive lineman, Mike Flanagan, Eric Moulds, and Jeb Putzier. I understand Jeb and Eric will help our pass protection by adding more weapons, but please tell me how picking Mario over Reggie helps our pass protection? And nearly everyone had Reggie rated about Super Mario!!!! I just don't understand. I really hope I am just suffering from a lack of football knowledge. I really hope I am wrong and this will go down as the smartest football move ever. But looking at it from every angle on how to choose the best player, needs and BPA, Reggie Bush is the best pick. We needed another running back, not another DE. And we especially needed another running back for Kubiak's scheme. And we needed a guy we can line out in the slot. And yet we choose Mario Williams......

Like I said, I hope I'm wrong.

A Texan
04-29-2006, 03:00 PM
We needed defensive end??? Correct me if I'm wrong but don't we have two supposedly good pash-rushing defensive ends in Antwan Peek and Jason Babin? Not saying they will be better at the new position but there also is no guarantee that Super Mario is the next Julius Peppers...here's to hoping. Also didn't we just pick up Anthony Weaver, granted he is not a great pass rusher, and N.D. Kalu, another pass rusher??? What about Robaire Smith, Travis Johnson, Seth Payne, etc.?? Is DL really the problem?? Or was it mainly coaching from last year? My bet goes with our biggest problem being coaching, because, after all, many of these guys that we have were either good players before coming to Houston or were rated pretty highly coming out of college.

On to running backs: At running back we have....Domanick Davis. Great back and I love having him on the team...but he has shown some problems with injuries....so to take his place when he is injured we have.......................Vernand Morency?!?!?! Wow!!!! Now running back sure is a strong position......

Look, I'm not the guy whining and saying I'm no longer a Texans fan. But I greatly question this move. And I don't question it based off talent. I do believe Super Mario can be a great player, but is he really comparable to Reggie Bush. Everyone has said all along our problem has been our pass protection. So what do we do? We pick up one offensive lineman, Mike Flanagan, Eric Moulds, and Jeb Putzier. I understand Jeb and Eric will help our pass protection by adding more weapons, but please tell me how picking Mario over Reggie helps our pass protection? And nearly everyone had Reggie rated about Super Mario!!!! I just don't understand. I really hope I am just suffering from a lack of football knowledge. I really hope I am wrong and this will go down as the smartest football move ever. But looking at it from every angle on how to choose the best player, needs and BPA, Reggie Bush is the best pick. We needed another running back, not another DE. And we especially needed another running back for Kubiak's scheme. And we needed a guy we can line out in the slot. And yet we choose Mario Williams......

I totally disagree. I don't know if Mario was the best pick or not, but RB was our strongest position and DE was clearly our weakest. Morency will be a star. So as far as picking for need, I think they did that. I just hope Vince Young going to the toitanics doesn't come back to haunt us.

Bronco Texan
04-29-2006, 03:37 PM
If you want to blame anyone then blame Kubes for a making a decision that will help us win our division. Kubes wanted Mario because he wanted to get in Mannings face. If you ask me we can't go to the Super Bowl if we don't beat the Colts first. I love this decision. Kubes was drafting for our divion. If you win the division then you are getting in to the playoffs. Fastes way to win our division is to do it with D. Great move Kubes keep up the great work!

dwilt72
04-29-2006, 03:44 PM

Come on! This is the blind sheep attitude that drives me crazy! So is it better to not have a team or have one that makes us a laughing stock. Yes we have a problem! It's called 2-14! If anyone doesn't think that's a problem, then they must also be Cubs fans. Yes McNair is part of the problem. He knew this was going to be a huge PR hit and he did it anyway. Sure it's his team and he's entitled to do what he wants, but not without repercussions. If you fools tend to keep going to games and buying Texans gear no matter what they trot out of the field, then you deserve what you get. However, if you quit going to games and quit putting money in McNair's pocket, eventually he will have to listen!

chadmack21
04-29-2006, 05:04 PM
At least we can count on Carr leading us to the #1 pick again next yr.we could have drafter vince to replace our biggest waste in NFL history of a #1 overall draft pick (Carr), or even Bush. Its obvious that Casserly is on the way out, McNair dosent have a clue on what he's doing and we are the new replacement for the Bengals of the 90's

bigcarlos
04-29-2006, 05:14 PM
Maybe next years draft party, there will be more fans cheering for our first overall pick.

chadmack21
04-29-2006, 05:16 PM
At least we can count on Carr leading us to the #1 pick again next yr.we could have drafter vince to replace our biggest waste in NFL history of a #1 overall draft pick (Carr), or even Bush. Its obvious that Casserly is on the way out, McNair dosent have a clue on what he's doing and we are the new replacement for the Bengals of the 90's

TexanBacker93
04-29-2006, 10:29 PM
Maybe next years draft party, there will be more fans cheering for our first overall pick.

I hope you aren't expecting the 1st overall next year. Regardless of where they pick I hope the fans will always support the players. Don't hate them.

FirstTexansFan
04-30-2006, 12:05 AM
To quote El Guapo from the Three Amigos, "Who the hell are you?"

ROFL! I'm still with you El Guapo......

DefLord
04-30-2006, 11:16 AM
How do you figure McNair is the problem... Even in today's paper (Sunday) Kubes mentioned he wanted Mario. If you think about it this is NOT a popularity contest. Who cares about popularity - Yes Bush is a great college player - but how will he do in the NFL? Who knows? Yes, Young was a great college player - will he do well in the NFL who knows? Honestly every pick is a gamble. If you look at drafts they are either bust or stars. Honestly I rather have a player who is goign to play MORE downs and earn his keep than someone who is only goign to get about 15-20 touchs a game. If you look at history - Steelers won with their defense. New England won with their defense - So I think the TEXANS made the right choice and Im happy because we addressed two of our needs on the defense and we addressed our needs on the Offensive Line. And as far as I am concerned - I am NOT jumping off this bandwagon - I am HAPPY with this draft! :superman:

bayshorebevo
04-30-2006, 11:29 AM
How can you people blindly support everything the Texans do? Kool-aid drinking isn't going to change the 2-14 record from last year. Bush is going to kick butt & VY is going to haunt us for years to come along with the smiling face of Bud Adams. If you think being a fan means you are supposed to swallow all the crap they put a phoney positive spin on, you are probably happy with a losing team forever. When I write that check next month for the final installment on my season tickets, it will be very bittersweet. This was all about the dough.

Kaiser Toro
04-30-2006, 11:40 AM
How can you people blindly support everything the Texans do? Kool-aid drinking isn't going to change the 2-14 record from last year. Bush is going to kick butt & VY is going to haunt us for years to come along with the smiling face of Bud Adams. If you think being a fan means you are supposed to swallow all the crap they put a phoney positive spin on, you are probably happy with a losing team forever. When I write that check next month for the final installment on my season tickets, it will be very bittersweet. This was all about the dough.

Kool-Aid? What the heck are you talking about? We were served it the last four years and it was awful. This year we went after need and if you do not like the shot of V8 juice that we are drinking at the moment then take your investment and go somewhere else like Tennessee or New Orleans.

OzzO
04-30-2006, 11:45 AM
Drinking the po'd sour milk isn't gonna change the 2-14 record last year either bayshorebevo. Agree, Bush will kick butt (once NO gets their O-line figured out and how they're gonna handle two major runningback contracts) and VY will be successful as well (after McNair's last year and they get some recievers along with building back up that franchise).

Being a fan you don't have to take it, but once decisions are made - you should be supportive and see the resonings of why they did it. As for a losing team forvever... well - it's year 5 of our toddler franchise, let's see how long forever lasts.

Also, I don't think it was about the dough - our running game was pretty good last year and our defensive pressure blew. I think it was what was best for the team... plus not putting up $30 mil guaranteed for a player who hasn't played in the nfl yet at a position that yes, would've been an upgrade, but not a need. That if he by chance tweaks something early in the season will put the team back to where it was.

Drink some kool-aid, it taste much better than the sour milk anyway. :)

bayshorebevo
04-30-2006, 12:48 PM
Kaiser Toro you are a perfect example of a mindless kool-aid drinker

mancunian
04-30-2006, 12:51 PM
Most GMs have agreed that mario is also a once in 10 years defensive prospect worthy of the #1 pick. Get a clue.

apparently there were other teams with Williams higher than Bush on their draft boards.

aj.
04-30-2006, 12:53 PM
I almost feel bad for Mario. He could have 20 sacks this year and it won't matter.

PapaL
04-30-2006, 12:56 PM
Actually, it's been noted that McNair told Casserly and Kubiak to get what player they thought was best (decided Mario) at the time and that he'd take care of the PR afterwards.

You can only hope to work for a guy that will have you back like that when the pressure is on. Only time will tell who will be a star and who be a bust. Nothing is certain in the draft.

aj.
04-30-2006, 12:57 PM
Exaggeration for effect.

mancunian
04-30-2006, 12:57 PM
I almost feel bad for Mario. He could have 20 sacks this year and it won't matter.

for the next season Williams will be compared to Bush and Vince Young......wouldn't it be funny if Vince turned out to be the next Aaron Brookes.

aj.
04-30-2006, 01:01 PM
Not to veer off course but since someone brought up #10, I think McNair (the one who wears #9) leaving Tennessee could slow his development. That's fine by me ... now.

kcwilson
04-30-2006, 10:48 PM
Bush will be great.
Bush will be a bust.
VY will be the best ever.
VY will never figure out NFL defenses.
D'Brick will be a franchise LT
D'Brick will be an average T
Mario Williams will be the next Reggie White
Mario Williams will be the next Alonzo Spellman

Nobody, anywhere, knows which of these statements is true or false. Every statement has been clouted by "experts" on this site and every mediahead in the USA. This is the move I thought was the smartest move to get a championship caliber team built.

I can tell you that no one, and I mean, NO ONE will ever be another AlLonzo Spellman. That dude was the for real nut job.

Double Barrel
04-30-2006, 11:11 PM

It better matter. If dude has a season like that and the majority of Texans fans don't get behind him, I'll never defend this city as a sports town again. I'd hate to see an inability to hate the FO decisions, but support the players (hey, kinda' reminds you of a sitution in the world right now, 'eh?).

At some point, we have to move on with reality. Let's hope that our defense is something that makes us proud. It better be for the mental health of football fans. And it better be good for the career of Kubiak. This was his decision, and that's why I'm down with this pick, because I believe that he'll be a coach that leads us to greater things.

Personally, I'm not distressed at all. I was a trade down for Mario guy, so I don't make the distinction to hate the pick because it was "the no. 1 overall". I agree with the pick-for-need-over-hype perspective.

HoustonFan
05-01-2006, 12:35 AM

No need to brag. lol

Texans86
05-01-2006, 01:07 AM

I'm amazed at how we can be set back five years, when this is possibly our best draft we've ever had. Not counting the first pick (which is still an improvement, and possible amazing, tiem will tell) and the 4th pick (which was questionable but understandable), we got solid players.

We may have 5 starters come out of this draft (Mario, Ryans, Winston, Spencer and Moulds[5th traded]). We might have 6-7 new starters on offense, all upgrades. That does not equal setting our team back, that equals propelling our team forward.

FirstTexansFan
05-01-2006, 04:44 AM

KT a Kool-Aid drinker? I think not. Me?, I'm the definitive kool-aid drinker. I support my team irregardless of the direction they take. I supported Capers, and I have nothing bad to say about Casserly. I don't care to hear negative things about the Texans, and for the most part, just put negative people on ignore. I'm a HOMER to the bone, and make no apologies for that. Why should I? I've yet to see a soul on this MB that could spell football if I spotted them every letter but the "A". Not a one of you has experience as a GM, Head Coach or an owner. What you have to say has no value, it's just an opinion, and if I'm going to listen to opinions, I choose those that are on the optimistic side. KT? ROFL I disagree with about 90% of what he posts, but, at least he does it with intellect, and without malice. So next time you're looking to pile on a Kool-Aid drinker, keep me in mind, I believe as Martha Stewart says.."It's a good thing" :)

SAMURAITEXAN
05-01-2006, 07:58 AM

Yes! We had a problem on pass protection but we also had a problem on D side as well. Last year, our DBs looked pretty bad IMO. A part of problem is our DL. Now for Peek,Babin and Mario, who would pick for your DE? We also got Ryans and Two OL to improve both end of the ball. I personally think we really filled our needs with talented prospects.

Texan Asylum
05-01-2006, 09:10 AM
KT a Kool-Aid drinker? I think not. Me?, I'm the definitive kool-aid drinker. I support my team irregardless of the direction they take. I supported Capers, and I have nothing bad to say about Casserly. I don't care to hear negative things about the Texans, and for the most part, just put negative people on ignore. I'm a HOMER to the bone, and make no apologies for that. Why should I? I've yet to see a soul on this MB that could spell football if I spotted them every letter but the "A". Not a one of you has experience as a GM, Head Coach or an owner. What you have to say has no value, it's just an opinion, and if I'm going to listen to opinions, I choose those that are on the optimistic side. KT? ROFL I disagree with about 90% of what he posts, but, at least he does it with intellect, and without malice. So next time you're looking to pile on a Kool-Aid drinker, keep me in mind, I believe as Martha Stewart says.."It's a good thing" :)

F-fan, KT happens to love kool-aid...just needs to be chemically altered to improve viscosity. :) By the way...irregardless isn't a correct term. Something to do with.....:)

Kaiser Toro
05-01-2006, 09:47 AM

I am the antithesis of a Kool-Aid drinker and go after them with Andrew Jackson type abandon. You are a fan of VY, you can still be one as I will as well. My allegiances as a NFL fan begin and end with one team, the Texans. Outside of that I like to watch certain players and do enjoy watching other teams.

But hey I will drink the Kool-Aid but it is better than drinking burnt orange Fool-Aid.

ATX_Texan
05-01-2006, 09:53 AM
Two years ago there were plenty of unhappy folks around here because of the the Babin pick. At that time, the "don't worry just be happy we have football" crowd tried to sell everyone that the Texans just got the next Kevin Greene. Two years later and we are still waiting for his arrival.

Last year, the Texans passed on more proven talent to draft one Travis Johnson. Once again, the masses were unhappy because of the reports of him not playing with maximum effort in every game. These same "don't care just let me tailgate" people argued that the Texans got their new run stopping sensation. I don't seem to recall TJ getting many rookie of year votes.

This year, we have Mario Williams who if I read all the hype here will be the next Julius Peppers or Jevon Kearse. Somehow, this all seems way too familiar based on the draft experience of the last two seasons. Of course, you want to give the guy the benefit of the doubt. However, I am worried when I read Peter King on CNNSI:

I've heard a lot of good things about Williams from people I trust, including that he'll be a great NFL end either in a 3-4 or in the 4-3. But I can also tell you this: Two of the teams with a top five pick in the draft were scared of him because of his up-and-down play over three years.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/peter_king/04/30/mmqb.draft/1.html

I would like to add that this is not the only report like this that has come out about this guy.

Once again, the Texans have chosen a guy, who was an underachiever and inconsistent, that made a big splash for a short period of time against mainly iinferior oppenents. If the FO had a good history of taking these high risk and high reward guys and succeeding it would be one thing. However, the Texans cannot really boast about their past record. So, forgive us if some people are really skeptical about the latest greatest super star that is being sold here. Mario is not the sure thing that some people want to believe.

Kaiser Toro
05-01-2006, 09:59 AM
Johnson was the 16th pick in the draft and Babin was the 29th. Expectations were set by coaches who are no longer here. Moreover, we have a new scheme. Go ahead and try to make parallels all you like between Williams and the other two, but they are all different situations. The only constant in trying to hammer this notion is that people are upset that VY and Bush are not on the roster. Go after the front office and staff, but do not go after the players until we see how they react to the new scheme and how they play on the field.

chuckm
05-01-2006, 10:03 AM
But hey I will drink the Kool-Aid but it is better than drinking burnt orange Fool-Aid.

LOL ..... my Monday morning fog just lifted .... thanks KT

kingh99
05-01-2006, 10:09 AM
Two years ago there were plenty of unhappy folks around here because of the the Babin pick. At that time, the "don't worry just be happy we have football" crowd tried to sell everyone that the Texans just got the next Kevin Greene. Two years later and we are still waiting for his arrival.

Last year, the Texans passed on more proven talent to draft one Travis Johnson. Once again, the masses were unhappy because of the reports of him not playing with maximum effort in every game. These same "don't care just let me tailgate" people argued that the Texans got their new run stopping sensation. I don't seem to recall TJ getting many rookie of year votes.

This year, we have Mario Williams who if I read all the hype here will be the next Julius Peppers or Jevon Kearse. Somehow, this all seems way too familiar based on the draft experience of the last two seasons. Of course, you want to give the guy the benefit of the doubt. However, I am worried when I read Peter King on CNNSI:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/peter_king/04/30/mmqb.draft/1.html

I would like to add that this is not the only report like this that has come out about this guy.

Once again, the Texans have chosen a guy, who was an underachiever and inconsistent, that made a big splash for a short period of time against mainly iinferior oppenents. If the FO had a good history of taking these high risk and high reward guys and succeeding it would be one thing. However, the Texans cannot really boast about their past record. So, forgive us if some people are really skeptical about the latest greatest super star that is being sold here. Mario is not the sure thing that some people want to believe.

I hope he didn't just fool the Texans, Kelvin Cato-style. Remember Kelvin Cato? He had a suspect work ethic but showed up at the Rocket's facility a changed man. Why I heard he swatted back 6 balls at that first practice. Mgmt rubbed their hands gleefully at the way they had just gotten over. Then they locked him up for 5 years. That was the last we heard of Kelvin Cato. I hope this guy didn't put out for a contract as well.

Kaiser Toro
05-01-2006, 10:32 AM
I hope he didn't just fool the Texans, Kelvin Cato-style. Remember Kelvin Cato? He had a suspect work ethic but showed up at the Rocket's facility a changed man. Why I heard he swatted back 6 balls at that first practice. Mgmt rubbed their hands gleefully at the way they had just gotten over. Then they locked him up for 5 years. That was the last we heard of Kelvin Cato. I hope this guy didn't put out for a contract as well.

The difference is that Cato plays in the NBA and would have received guaranteed money for his first contract on a per annual basis. Moreover, he was not taken with the #1 pick in the draft. The NFL at least gives you more latitude in how you disperse that signing bonus.

Texans86
05-01-2006, 11:08 AM
Sometimes I wish I went to Notre Dame, to see how fans get excited no matter how bad the team is. This past year they had a great season, but had weak ones in recent history. They never gave up on the team. Sold out tickets for years to come. I've heard the same thing happens in Green Bay and I think Kansas City. Our team can be so much better when the fans get behind them no matter what. Does anyone remember the first game we ever played? We beat Dallas and the crowd went through the roof. The guys had so much adrenaline that they beat the more talented team. C'mon Houston, give the team the support they need to be the best.

(Besides, with the imposing size of the stadium, other teams might not like to come to our stadium. I know teams hate going to Kansas City because the fans are so crazy.)

Blake
05-01-2006, 11:12 AM
Sometimes I wish I went to Notre Dame, to see how fans get excited no matter how bad the team is. This past year they had a great season, but had weak ones in recent history. They never gave up on the team. Sold out tickets for years to come.

Houston, with very few exceptions, is not South Bend. We have 4 years of tradition, vs. their 264 years of tradition.

But I understand your point. I too would like a fan base that doesnt sway with the winds of change.

Texans86
05-01-2006, 11:15 AM
Houston, with very few exceptions, is not South Bend. We have 4 years of tradition, vs. their 264 years of tradition.

But I understand your point. I too would like a fan base that doesnt sway with the winds of change.

That's the point I was trying to get across.

Vambo, the Marble Eye
05-01-2006, 11:26 AM
for the next season Williams will be compared to Bush and Vince Young......wouldn't it be funny if Vince turned out to be the next Aaron Brookes.

Aaron Brooks is borderline retarded... so what IS Vince Young's metal ability when it is all said and done?

This is the pros, so just being a great athlete just isn't going to be good enough. ALL of these draft choices are going to get their head around that fact the first time they put the pads on in training camp.:twocents:

Double Barrel
05-01-2006, 11:57 AM
Mario is not the sure thing that some people want to believe.

And neither is Reggie Bush (or Vince Young, for that matter).

Drink your koolaide, foolaide, or hatorade. We drink because we're thirsty, and we're thirsty because it is a passion and we care.

There is room for all voices and opinions in the Texans fandom. :redtowel: