PDA

View Full Version : Well now we should have a very good D-Line

TexanSam
04-28-2006, 08:24 PM
With Mario Williams, Travis Johnson, Anthony Weaver, and probably Robaire Smith, we should have a very good defensive line. Granted only Robaire and to an extent Weaver are proven, but there's a boat load of potential there. It should be the makings of a very, very good defense.

Bobo
04-28-2006, 08:33 PM
With Mario Williams, Travis Johnson, Anthony Weaver, and probably Robaire Smith, we should have a very good defensive line. Granted only Robaire and to an extent Weaver are proven, but there's a boat load of potential there. It should be the makings of a very, very good defense.

At least the Texans tried to fill a huge need rather than draft to as strength. But remember, the Texans need more than just one guy in the DL. I don't see Weaver as that good a pickup since he has injury issues and can't rush the passer and Travis Johnson was on the 2-14 team from last year. The Texans improved at one of many places where they need to improve, but I wouldn't necessarily say the defensive line will be "very good." Maybe it will improve from bad to half decent. If it does, that would be a much-needed improvement.

Snapple
04-28-2006, 08:35 PM
Yeah, a good D-line, OR we have the next Courtney Brown on our hands.:crying:

Caesar
04-28-2006, 08:36 PM
This is good.

Football games are won up front with the lines. They've addressed the d-line, now the need to use at least two more day 1 picks addressing the o-line.

texan279
04-28-2006, 08:45 PM

I totally agree, we addressed the offensive line in free agency and have now greatly improved our defensive line by adding Williams and Weaver. I believe we could possibly have one of the best defensive lines in the NFL in the future. We could have Peek/Babin and Williams on the ends and Robaire and Weaver at DT in passing situations...:drool:

Mr.Scarface
04-28-2006, 08:49 PM
Yeah...too bad we will be last in offense. When D.Davis gets hurt (you know he will), we have that HOF'er Morencey in the backfield. Hell, Davis is not that great........

TexanSam
04-28-2006, 08:51 PM
Yeah...too bad we will be last in offense. When D.Davis gets hurt (you know he will), we have that HOF'er Morencey in the backfield. Hell, Davis is not that great........

Last in offense? I'd like to know how. Unless Moulds, Putzier, and Flanagan all get hurt, I don't think that will happen. Bush wasn't going to push us over the top. He'd make our offense better, but we already have the pieces in place for a good offense. Reggie Bush just would have been icing on the cake.

Texansfan5
04-28-2006, 08:56 PM
Everyone talks about RBs being a bust at #1 overall and QBs being a bust at #1 well how about Defensive Ends? The last five to go #1 overall are

Courtney Brown - Bust
Dan Wilkinson - Bust
Steve Entman - Bust
Aundray Bruce - Bust
Bruce Smith - Hall of Famer

Everyone thinking a DE is the best decision for the Texans is a joke. Davis at RB has yet to play a full 16 game season. Forget Bush lets get another DE since we haven't drafted a DE since lets see....last year in the 1st round.

TexanSam
04-28-2006, 08:58 PM
Everyone talks about RBs being a bust at #1 overall and QBs being a bust at #1 well how about Defensive Ends? The last five to go #1 overall are

Courtney Brown - Bust
Dan Wilkinson - Bust
Steve Entman - Bust
Aundray Bruce - Bust
Bruce Smith - Hall of Famer

Everyone thinking a DE is the best decision for the Texans is a joke. Davis at RB has yet to play a full 16 game season. Forget Bush lets get another DE since we haven't drafted a DE since lets see....last year in the 1st round.

Well Johnson was a DT in college. The Texans shuffled him around, just like they did half of our team last year.