PDA

View Full Version : Casserly on SP 610am

Mike Kerns
04-28-2006, 08:04 AM
After the Break. He is on now!

Mike Kerns
04-28-2006, 08:06 AM
No Comment about Negotiations...Bush & Williams are "Equal"...Now they are on the Vince Young topic.....THey will probaly stay on VY for the entire hour....

Coach C.
04-28-2006, 08:16 AM
He made a great point about DE v high end RB. I think Cass is about to take the freak Mario.

HoustonFrog
04-28-2006, 08:17 AM
He made a great point about DE v high end RB. I think Cass is about to take the freak Mario.

Yeah he just compared their decision to what Indy did in letting Edge go and keeping Freeney since he needed a new contract. They kept the D player. He said it is projections but it shows you what a D end can do.

kingh99
04-28-2006, 08:36 AM
He's got to be blowing smoke. Right?

bad
04-28-2006, 08:45 AM
He's got to be blowing smoke. Right?Or smoking blow.

hot pickle
04-28-2006, 08:45 AM
did i read this or am i just trippin, did mario say that he didnt really want to be pick by the texans, and he really wanted to play for the saints? is that true?

Mike Kerns
04-28-2006, 08:47 AM
did i read this or am i just trippin, did mario say that he didnt really want to be pick by the texans, and he really wanted to play for the saints? is that true?
In so many words. Really depends on HOW you want to take it. He wouldn't mind being the # 1 pick, who wouldn't? But he really liked the coaching staff and the treatment he has gotten from the Saints. Finally, someone WANTS to play for New Orleans.

nunusguy
04-28-2006, 08:49 AM
He's got to be blowing smoke. Right?
I certainly hope so. While I agree with the decision to exclude VY and other
QBs from consideration (for logical basis, see details on option to retain David Carr), it was a huge dissapointmetn for many local VY fans. The rest of us
including this poster would be hugely disappointed if they also passed on Bush
"for Williams". I would think it would be PR fiasco of unprecedented proportions
here in Houston.
Here again, if they pull out a last minute trade where they can get multiple
first day picks, thats OK with me.

Errant Hothy
04-28-2006, 08:49 AM
That was an irreate caller. Let the madness begin.

chuckm
04-28-2006, 08:50 AM
well that last caller pretty much an i d i o t ..... sometimes I'm ashamed to be a Texans fan ....

Paragon Blue
Is anybody else tired of all the VY questions????:brickwall

Mike Kerns
I am glad they cut that fool off...:brickwall

Paragon Blue
Way to go Lance:yahoo:

HoustonFrog

LOL..some people are laying into Charlie..lol..I just heard that..I almost had to look away. The VY thing is out of control but the guy basically said Charlie was gone anyways and didn't care. Lay into the guy but be responsible about it. :)

Mike Kerns
04-28-2006, 08:51 AM
Damn, Lance just got raw on the Vince callers!

Errant Hothy
04-28-2006, 08:52 AM
Way to go Lance:yahoo:

Wod. That was entertaining. :yahoo:

Mike Kerns
04-28-2006, 08:54 AM
I have to agree, like Casserly or not, this isn't the "Charlie Casserly Roast" on Comedy Central. If you can't bring anything productive to the table, call Jim Rome...:twocents:

Errant Hothy
04-28-2006, 08:56 AM
Nice Lord of the Rings score. Way freakin better then commericals, I just wish announcer voice boy would SHUT UP!

HoustonFrog
04-28-2006, 08:58 AM
Quick aside..I listen at work on the stream and that Sea Monkeys song just won't leave my head. It is like a bad kids song..dear Lord make it stop.....ok..proceed.

Mike Kerns
04-28-2006, 08:58 AM
Nice Lord of the Rings score. Way freakin better then commericals, I just wish announcer voice boy would SHUT UP!

Hoth, remember....You're still listening to the sportsradio 610 sports stream.

beerlover
04-28-2006, 08:59 AM
the fans are frustrated thats all. pass on VY & now Reggie Bush can't say that I can blame them. having said that this is just another case of Casserly being omnipotent knows whats best for this franchise GM. If he can possibly bungle the #1 pick this year he is destined in my book to go down as the worst NFL GM since Matt Millen :rofl:

Johnny Utah
04-28-2006, 08:59 AM
well that last caller pretty much an i d i o t ..... sometimes I'm ashamed to be a Texans fan ....

I missed the call. What did he say?

Mike Kerns
04-28-2006, 09:00 AM
Quick aside..I listen at work on the stream and that Sea Monkeys song just won't leave my head. It is like a bad kids song..dear Lord make it stop.....ok..proceed.
I know. And what is up with the "Brush your Teeth, wash your hair" song? :confused:

jerek
04-28-2006, 09:00 AM
Damn, Lance just got raw on the Vince callers!

I wasn't listening, what did he say/do??

Mike Kerns
04-28-2006, 09:01 AM
I missed the call. What did he say?
He pretty much told Casserly that he was going to be fired after the draft anyways so what did he know...

Paragon Blue
04-28-2006, 09:02 AM
He basically said that if anybody says the word Vince that he was going to hang up on them. The caller was trying to rip into Casserly.

Johnny Utah
04-28-2006, 09:03 AM
He pretty much told Casserly that he was going to be fired after the draft anyways so what did he know...

LOL. Damn where is their call screener?

Oh yeah, Chance is doing that and he wants VY also.

Errant Hothy
Somebody called in and started ripping on Cass for "dissing" Vy and that since he's leaving that he is being used as a scapegoat by McNair to appease the fans since we won't draft VY.

Lance, hung up on him and said to please leave teh VY calls till after Cass is off the air. Then ranted about all the VY talk, sounds like he is pretty sick of it all. But boy did he go off.

chuckm
The caller said that the decision to pass on His Majesty was because Casserly is on his way out and basically didn't care what happened to the Texans .... among other things which I'm trying to core dump from my mind

HoustonFrog
04-28-2006, 09:04 AM
I know. And what is up with the "Brush your Teeth, wash your hair" song? :confused:

Yeah there are some weird ones on there,,may like some 1950s version with women doing household chores.

Mike Kerns
04-28-2006, 09:05 AM
LOL, Lance is still Hot! Have a feeling that we are going to have some angry VY callers after the break.

Errant Hothy
04-28-2006, 09:05 AM
LOL

"VY is going to go at somopoint in teh draft then after that a bunch of scrubs, then after teh 4th pick they should just shut the draft down." Lance is a tad irrate, me thinks.

Most entertainig mornig in a long time.

And did y'all know I'm listening to the Sports Radio 610 Stream.

jerek
04-28-2006, 09:09 AM
It is insane to me to listen to some of the VY stuff. Bad enough a good one third of the pro VY posts on this board are sub-literate ramblings ... the guys on the radio get to me the most. I don't even listen to 610 most times because of both the obnoxious hosts and the overwhelming tendency for callers to speak and demonstrate football comprehension at about the third grade level.

I am as big a David Carr fan as there is, but if the Texans cut him tomorrow morning and drafted Vince Young, I wouldn't like it, but I would still wish Carr the best wherever he ended up, follow him even, and kick back and enjoy this offseason and get ready to watch Vince Young lead the Texans come this September.

Both hilarious and disgusting how people can get all bent out of shape over one guy. You would think Casserly decapitated their pets and urinated on their remains.

chuckm
04-28-2006, 09:11 AM
Lance's head might explode any moment

OzzO
04-28-2006, 09:12 AM
Dang, missed it... Lance is going off on the VY callers to stop with the same tired comments and wasting the listeners time.

Mike Kerns
04-28-2006, 09:13 AM
Lance's head might explode any moment

THis is 4 months of this. He has finally lost it, lol

Errant Hothy
04-28-2006, 09:15 AM
I think Lance wants the draft to be over more then any of us.

HoustonFrog
04-28-2006, 09:18 AM
It is insane to me to listen to some of the VY stuff. Bad enough a good one third of the pro VY posts on this board are sub-literate ramblings ... the guys on the radio get to me the most. I don't even listen to 610 most times because of both the obnoxious hosts and the overwhelming tendency for callers to speak and demonstrate football comprehension at about the third grade level.

I am as big a David Carr fan as there is, but if the Texans cut him tomorrow morning and drafted Vince Young, I wouldn't like it, but I would still wish Carr the best wherever he ended up, follow him even, and kick back and enjoy this offseason and get ready to watch Vince Young lead the Texans come this September.

Both hilarious and disgusting how people can get all bent out of shape over one guy. You would think Casserly decapitated their pets and urinated on their remains.

Listen we have different views about Carr and Cass but I couldn't agree with you more regarding the callers and some fans. I have to turn off the radio some days and that is why I like Palillo..well, like his knowledge..he grates too. It is regarding all our teams. We are either going to the championship or everyone is terrible. It is like the Bud Light Radio ad for "trade possibility" caller. There was a caller a few years back where the caller asked if Yao could play some point guard. That is why I like when the writers come on and they can give some opinions. Half of the talk hosts sports knowledge consists of reading that mornings paper. Ok, therer is my rant.

Errant Hothy
04-28-2006, 09:19 AM
Everything = Vince Young.

Could I actually be gald I'm not in Houston right now?

jerek
04-28-2006, 09:20 AM
Listen we have different views about Carr and Cass but I couldn't agree with you more regarding the callers and some fans. I have to turn off the radio some days and that is why I like Palillo..well, like his knowledge..he grates too. It is regarding all our teams. We are either going to the championship or everyone is terrible. It is like the Bud Light Radio ad for "trade possibility" caller. There was a caller a few years back where a caller asked if Yao could play some point guard. That is why I like when the writers come on and they can give some opinions. Half of the talk hosts sports knowledge consists of reading that mornings paper. Ok, therer is my rant.

Hahahahahahaha, I remember the Yao caller. I think someone asked about that about six weeks back, actually. Yeah. And geez Lance is still talking about VY callers. Wow.

Mike Kerns
04-28-2006, 09:21 AM
Hahahahahahaha, I remember the Yao caller. I think someone asked about that about six weeks back, actually. Yeah. And geez Lance is still talking about VY callers. Wow.
For 2 minutes, then back to another 38276368 commercials...

Errant Hothy
04-28-2006, 09:25 AM
Now I do love the Madden/basket ball hoop commerical.

"Booyah! Take that Stewart Scott."

Errant Hothy
04-28-2006, 09:33 AM
Did anybody else just loose their connection to teh stream?

eltoro
04-28-2006, 09:34 AM
Yep, I just lost my connection too...

HoustonFrog
04-28-2006, 09:37 AM
Yep, I just lost my connection too...

Yes, same here.

Chicagotexan1
04-28-2006, 09:39 AM
Me too. Matress Mac did this. He doesn't want to hear the truth. YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!

The Dude Abides
04-28-2006, 09:40 AM
Me too. Matress Mac did this. He doesn't want to hear the truth. YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!

He just wants to show me the money

BREAZE
04-28-2006, 09:40 AM

LOL, maybe the phone blew up...

Errant Hothy
04-28-2006, 09:41 AM
LOL, maybe the phone blew up...

Maybe it was Lance's head?

Dr. Toro
04-28-2006, 09:41 AM
Everything = Vince Young.

Could I actually be gald I'm not in Houston right now?

VY=42

He'll be petitioning for the number anytime now.

jerek
04-28-2006, 09:42 AM

Mac is a powerful kind of cat I guess. That settles it, I am definitely not shopping Gallery, ever. And I lost my connect too.

BREAZE
04-28-2006, 09:42 AM
Maybe the city just imploded and it hasn't reach Cypress yet...

Errant Hothy
04-28-2006, 09:43 AM
VY=42

NICE!!!!

How many touchdowns must a VY throw befoer he is a VY?

BREAZE
04-28-2006, 09:43 AM
VY=42

Maybe VY will wear "713" under his eyes...

Errant Hothy
04-28-2006, 09:44 AM

How about an Infinty symbol on his back instead of a number? :stirpot:

jerek
04-28-2006, 09:45 AM

Totally. Vince is shifty. I know he has secret gang ties. 713 and reppin his homies. I'm telling you I wouldn't touch such an abomination as VY with a ten foot pole.

chuckm
04-28-2006, 09:50 AM
Lance: I don't know of another quarterback in the league that would of been successful with the Texans last year.

Granato: Vince

Lance: Yea Vince is fast enough that he wouldn't need Offensive Tackles

eltoro
04-28-2006, 09:51 AM
Lance: I don't know of another quarterback in the league that would of been successful with the Texans last year.

Granato: Vince

Lance: Yea Vince is fast enough that he wouldn't need Offensive Tackles

That is an absolutely hilarious exchange!

ThaShark316
04-28-2006, 09:57 AM
I'm listening to the sports stream....these commercials sound like something straight outta school house rock. haha.

HoustonFrog
04-28-2006, 10:08 AM
I'm listening to the sports stream....these commercials sound like something straight outta school house rock. haha.

Yeah just take away the Sea Monkeys. There is a funny one with a spooky man talking about how a wife takes away a mans freedom and another one where a guy with a guitar talks about how they are opposites and makes some hilarious comparisons.."you are sunshine..I am rain."

Chicagotexan1
04-28-2006, 10:13 AM
Thank you for being mercuiful Matress mac.

Errant Hothy
04-28-2006, 10:16 AM
If it's not worshipping at VY's feet then it's bashing Carr.

Has it been this way since after teh Rose Bowl? What I know the answer to that, it has. I'd be shocked to hear that 610's callers don't mirror this message boards.

Frank_The_Tank
04-28-2006, 12:52 PM
I thought Lance was acting like a idiot, how childish. "We have a GM from a NFL team on the radio and all the people who call want to rip him because they passed on Vince, :crying: " What did he expect, this is Houston, there are like 4 million people who live here and about 80% are Vince Young fans. This will never end, and it will always be Charley C's fault. I commend Charley for comming out early and telling it how it is, but he knew when he agreed to take the interview that he was going to have those calls. I think Lance needs to come to grasp with reality that not everyone is ilke him, not everyone shares his opinion, and if he was smart he would keep his mouth shut and just take the calls. Its his job, so I guess he can do what ever his wallet can afford.