PDA

View Full Version : WIll P-Buc Rebound?

pittbull
04-27-2006, 09:08 AM
Coming from many experts, playing the back 8 in the 3-4 defense is extemely difficult. Not only do the safeties and lb's have to play outstandng, the CB's are often left on an island if your not getting adequate pressure. Will the 4-3 therefore help P-buc be an adequate CB on the opposite side of Robinson. I can't see him coming into this season being the nickle corner behind faggins. Both were bad last season, but Kub's played against this guy and knows what he can do. I just don't think you fall off the football playing map, coming from a great program like Miami, going against AJ in practice everyday and Rice for a while. It seems like a bunch of the defense played below their potential under the "Capers Run" 3-4. Look for P-Buc to play alot better and the Texans defense to finish in the Top 15, regardless of who they draft.:redtowel:

Doom Capers
04-27-2006, 10:00 AM
Now that is not totally true. He gets lazy, but he can tackle well when he puts effort into it.

bigTEXan8
04-27-2006, 10:04 AM
I certainly hope that P-Buch can bounce back...he certainly had his game taken out of his hands...JM:twocents:

Mr. White
04-27-2006, 10:11 AM
From what I've heard McClain say, P-Buc knows he showed his a** at the Steelers game. He even brought it up to Kubiak the first time the 2 of them met. (Either heard it on 610 or on the Chronicle podcast.)

Makes me think maybe he knows he needs to work harder.

Texas
04-27-2006, 10:12 AM
I beleive he would prove this year that he can be a valuable player to us like Dunta Robinson...Being in the 3-4 he had to rely more on 1v1 tackling in the open field which he could not do as well and with the team doing so poorly he eventually gave up...Now converting to the 4-3 I beleive he will do alot better and prove he can be a starting CB.

Vinny
04-27-2006, 10:13 AM
will he rebound? The cowardly Lion finally found his heart.....but Pbuc the cowardly CB is probably more worried about making sure no houses land on him to look for his heart. I'll never forget him pulling up on the 5 yard line and letting the RB score....hes a pure coward.

jerek
04-27-2006, 10:13 AM
Last year our D would make Champ Bailey look like a moron. P-Buc is no elite corner, but look for him to be pretty decent this year.

the wonger need food
04-27-2006, 10:28 AM
I predict that PBuc will have his best season as a pro.

Reason = it's a contract year for him.

BigBull17
04-27-2006, 10:36 AM
I have to give him the benefit of a doubt because our D made Dunta look bad at times last year. With a more aggresive Defense, P-Buc could shine.

real
04-27-2006, 10:41 AM
Who do you think our best defensive player was last yr ?

pittbull
04-27-2006, 11:03 AM
Robaire, being doubled and tripled all last season was our best player. The guy played with fire all year, even though he was frustrated. never did he pull a G-Funk and show his butt all season. The guy is truely the leader on the line. Robinson caught a bit of a bum rap, he was the only guy in the secondary, but still played decent. His int numbers went down, due to teams throwing everywhere else but his direction. I mean look at it this way, not many guys go from 3-4 teams to 4-3 and succeed, and vice versa. P-Buc will make the adjustment back to 4-3 fine, the entire d-line is ecstatic, and the secondary will benefit.:redtowel:

rafterticket
04-27-2006, 11:52 AM
Now that is not totally true. He gets lazy, but he can tackle well when he puts effort into it.

Yeah, but we're not talking about a middle school football squad. I was always wondering if he was standing on the sidelines looking for his mother or girlfriend in the stands.

jerek, you can't blame the rest of that defense for PBuc. He WAS responsible for his own failure.

If anyone here wants to have faith in him, I have only one thought to add: the old staff benched him.

Texas
04-27-2006, 11:53 AM
Yeah, but we're not talking about a middle school football squad. I was always wondering if he was standing on the sidelines looking for his mother or girlfriend in the stands.

If anyone here wants to have faith in him, I have only one thought to add: the old staff benched him.

I am all for P-Buch but you have a good point here

However they did not know how to use him nor any of our players

Ibar_Harry
04-27-2006, 12:03 PM
will he rebound? The cowardly Lion finally found his heart.....but Pbuc the cowardly CB is probably more worried about making sure no houses land on him to look for his heart. I'll never forget him pulling up on the 5 yard line and letting the RB score....hes a pure coward.

Now, Vinny you know that's down right unfair of you, because he needed to stop to tie his shoe laces. What do you want the guy to do, trip over himself and suffer a game or season ending injury?

All kiding aside I know you don't like the guy as a football player, but I'm not so certain like most other Texans' players he was a victum of the system the Texans were employing. I think the end of TC will tell the story. If he's still here then the new coaches think he will be alright. If not, I think they will cut him.

rafterticket
04-27-2006, 12:04 PM
I am all for P-Buch but you have a good point here

However they did not know how to use him nor any of our players

Yeah, you're making a good point, too.

I tell you what: if the new staff puts him on the field, then I will see what happens and hope it is good. I don't think Kubes is going to let some fool ruin his big chance to run his own show.

He (PBuc) just needs to play some football.

Texas
04-27-2006, 12:12 PM
Agreed

Texas
04-27-2006, 12:13 PM
Who do you think our best defensive player was last yr ?

Kris Brown

real
04-27-2006, 12:43 PM
surprised no one said d. rob

Texas
04-27-2006, 12:45 PM
im sure if you made a thread titled " who was our best defensive player last year" you would see his name come up a few times!

TheOgre
04-27-2006, 02:23 PM
WIll P-Buc Rebound?

I only care if he can get assists, hits 3-pointers, and perhaps get a few steals. :party:

kingh99
04-27-2006, 02:29 PM
He'll have a better year because it's his contract year. At least that's what I heard. He'll have to lower his shoulder or wrap up guys if he's playing for a job, right?

Meloy
04-27-2006, 02:38 PM
Pbuc has speed & ability to be a good corner. He seemed to be a step or two out of place too often for me. He was never told to blitz. All he had to do was stay close enough to his man to knock the ball down. Forget the "matador" play. It was the other plays that defined his season. We need to draft a corner. Even if he has a great 06, do we pay him what he will demand in new contract? Doubt it.

TexHorns
04-27-2006, 02:48 PM

There is no room for lazy anymore, I'd get rid of him.

HomeBred_Texan
04-27-2006, 02:53 PM
I think all players will have to step up this year or they will all be gone before the start of the next season. I beleive Kubs is bringing in a no non-sense system and you either perform or hit the dang road:redtowel:

4Texans
04-27-2006, 03:16 PM
but I'm not so certain like most other Texans' players he was a victum of the system the Texans were employing.

I agree. He might not be an All Pro, but I expect him to play better in the new system, just as I expect all the players to play better. Plus, as was previously said, it's a contract year for him.

And you know his performance last year has been eating away at him all offseason. He knows he has to step up and prove he is a player.

U4ikrob
04-27-2006, 04:07 PM
Agree with Wonger [contract year] & Ibar [ end of TC will tell]

P-buc has to put up or shut-up - I dont see Coach K giving him multiple chances to keep screwing around. IMO His work ethic in camp will say a lot as he always seemed to be looking in the crowd and "Clowning around" when I watched him in TC last year.

I think when he came in last year he had a little bit of "look at me" attitude leftover from the raiders and the "I'm still valuable in a trade" itus making him half-*** stuff. ITs not an excuse mind you - just an observation. Couple that with coming from the raiders "laid back veterans" team where coaches just let the players do whatever to our Texans team with the over-thinking heads in the sand coaching thus he didnt respect the coaching staff and took plays off on purpose. Its a poor player attitude for sure. They tried motivating him by berating him and some players just dont respond to that - i think several players on the squad got tired of hearing it frankly.

I think he knows coming into this year that everyone is going to have to compete for a job and play hard or Coach K will have their butt gone and thus he hit Kubes up and talked about things to start the working back into the team concept and show he's paying attention to whats going on with the team and is coachable.

Time will tell

That said - Another guy that had a great last season is showing his *** pretty good this year. Mathis better learn a few things before he starts mouthing off to coaches again - Esp after last year and his rep he earned with the staff. He had better learn to get with the team concept, stay off the bikes or he'll find himself in the un-employment line real quick. It's kind of sad that he made the pro-bowl and it went to his head so fast because he sure has lot more to work on other than returns.

Joe Texan
04-27-2006, 04:43 PM
P- Burnt is a sure lock for the new fire starter movie

kiwitexansfan
04-27-2006, 04:45 PM
I feel that he will be better, with a better front seven he won't need to do so much tackling and with Kubiak being familiar with him from playing against him they will hopefully scheme to his strengths.

As for rebounding, there is a part of me really wanting to say, "rebound? do you mean off ball runners??"