PDA

View Full Version : Strongest Divison

WiiBrawler
04-26-2006, 07:36 PM
Which Division is the Best In The League

dhaNim
04-26-2006, 07:44 PM
Which Division is the Best In The League

we have to take this poll with a grain of salt, because there is so much parody in the NFL that every year is different.

example: remember when we thought we were so pathetic when we lost to the chargers cause they were the worst team the year before. it turned out they ended up finishing like 13-3 or something.

but to take a guess:

NFC East is hands down no. 1 right now
AFC North next, and either
NFC South or AFC West after that...

powerfuldragon
04-26-2006, 08:07 PM
we have to take this poll with a grain of salt, because there is so much parody in the NFL that every year is different.

Parity.

swisher
04-26-2006, 08:46 PM
NFC East is hands down no. 1 right now
AFC North next, and either
NFC South or AFC West after that...

AFC North: Steelers, Bengals, Ravens, Browns

NFC South: Panthers, Bucs, Falcons, Saints

I think the NFC South edges out the AFC North for second behind the NFC East.

Trap_Star
04-26-2006, 08:48 PM
Depending on how the teams draft, im gonna say the AFC west...
Broncos- Good balanced team
KC-Need to draft DB's and they have Larry Johnson...
SD-LT, and I think Rivers will do ok...
Raiders-will surprise a lot of people in 06...

swtbound07
04-26-2006, 08:51 PM
NFC South...you can pencil one of those teams into the NFC championship game right now.....Bucs, Panthers, Falcons.

mexican_texan
04-26-2006, 08:58 PM
NFC East hands down. Three of those teams should make the playoffs.

Texas
04-26-2006, 11:26 PM
AFC North: Steelers, Bengals, Ravens, Browns

NFC South: Panthers, Bucs, Falcons, Saints

I think the NFC South edges out the AFC North for second behind the NFC East.

Steelers > Panthers
Bengals > Bucs
Ravens < Falcons
Browns = Saints

I disagree.

4th&inches
04-26-2006, 11:44 PM
I voted NFC East...strong division all could go to the playoffs IMO

Mike Kerns
04-27-2006, 02:18 AM
NFC South...you can pencil one of those teams into the NFC championship game right now.....Bucs, Panthers, Falcons.
:shocked: we agree!

Farough
04-27-2006, 09:55 AM
2 years ago i woulda said AFC south, but i gotta go NFC east

BigBull17
04-27-2006, 10:03 AM
Steelers > Panthers
Bengals > Bucs
Ravens < Falcons
Browns = Saints

I disagree.

Panthers=Steelers
Bucs=Bengals
Browns>Falcons
Ravens>Saints
Yes I said it first, the Browns will make an impact this year. Palmer is gonna have an off year due to his injury, and the Panthers made a splash and should be scary.

Maddict5
04-27-2006, 10:11 AM
def. has to be the nfc east-4 really good teams, then afc west-depending on how rivers and the chargers do, then nfc south-4 good teams this year methinks

rest are much of a muchness-cept nfc north is weaker than every1 else

laughed at the homers that put the afc south as the toughest

swtbound07
04-27-2006, 11:15 AM
Panthers=Steelers
Bucs=Bengals
Browns>Falcons
Ravens>Saints
Yes I said it first, the Browns will make an impact this year. Palmer is gonna have an off year due to his injury, and the Panthers made a splash and should be scary.

Yeah um no...cleveland isnt even close to on a par with the falcons. talk to me when the browns go .500...much less to a conference championship game.

pittbull
04-27-2006, 11:16 AM
NFC EAst. Too many decent to great teams that will beat up on each other. If the ravens get McNair and the browns get better ,look out for the AFC north.

BigBull17
04-27-2006, 11:50 AM
Yeah um no...cleveland isnt even close to on a par with the falcons. talk to me when the browns go .500...much less to a conference championship game.

They have Romeo Crenell and went nuts on FA this year. I think they will be in the thick of things and I think the Falcons are overrated year in and year out. Watch, the Browns and Falcons records may be closer than you would think.

DFAN
04-27-2006, 12:39 PM
I voted NFC East...strong division all could go to the playoffs IMO

Are saying all could go to the playofffs next year or all are playoff calibar teams. All 4 teams cant make the playoffs in the same year/

Huge
04-27-2006, 12:43 PM
NFC East

All four are playoff caliber teams.

Texas
04-27-2006, 12:49 PM
I really think the AFC North is as good as the NFC East

The NFC East has 4 playoff teams indeed but only 2 of them are really even a possibilty for the superbowl
The AFC North only has 3 playoff bound teams in my opinion but all 3 of them are contended for the superbowl and 1 will win it

Double Barrel
04-27-2006, 01:11 PM
I think it's the NFC East, too. All four teams look like they have strong potential this year.

threetoedpete
05-13-2006, 01:23 PM
I'm in this camp.
The only thing that holds up the NFC east is cowboy optimism. It's a train wreck.

kastofsna
05-13-2006, 02:12 PM
NFC East.

swtbound07
05-13-2006, 03:35 PM
The Eagles were and continue to be garbage, the redskins were a fringe playoff team, and the cowboys have a lot of ? marks. The giants are the only solid team in that division to me. NFC SOUTH, and its not even close

Panthers-One of the elite teams in the NFL, not just the NFC.
Bucs-a young team that made the playoffs last year, and will be vastly improved with cadillac williams and chris simms both having more game time under their belts.
Falcons-My pick to win the NFC South. Mike Vick is a dangerous quarterback who wins games and warrick dunn is an amazing runner. Add john abraham to the defense to get a better pash rush, and you have a heck of a team

Saints-I've heard tell that reggie bush was god, so that has to be good for 5-6 wins at least right?

kastofsna
05-13-2006, 11:59 PM
The Eagles were and continue to be garbage, the redskins were a fringe playoff team, and the cowboys have a lot of ? marks. The giants are the only solid team in that division to me. NFC SOUTH, and its not even close

Panthers-One of the elite teams in the NFL, not just the NFC.
Bucs-a young team that made the playoffs last year, and will be vastly improved with cadillac williams and chris simms both having more game time under their belts.
Falcons-My pick to win the NFC South. Mike Vick is a dangerous quarterback who wins games and warrick dunn is an amazing runner. Add john abraham to the defense to get a better pash rush, and you have a heck of a team

Saints-I've heard tell that reggie bush was god, so that has to be good for 5-6 wins at least right?
what an absurd post.

TexanFan881
05-14-2006, 12:06 AM
Seems like everyone likes the NFC South as the best division and that's what I'd think too. If the Titans can step it this year up we could have a really strong division too :)

swtbound07
05-14-2006, 12:26 AM
what an absurd post.

Just for grins, care to tell me which parts? Or is the crystal ball a little hazy on that tonight

thunderkyss
05-14-2006, 12:45 AM
Hands down, the NFC South is the division I want to play the least..... They hit hard......

Each Division has their thing. NFC South, I think it's their pass rush....... their defense for sure if nothing else.

NFC East......
Dallas(ho-hum...... you never know who's going to show up) Washington...... we'll see..... I'm not buying it.
New York....... Tiki is the only sure thing they have... Toomer?? Burress?? Please.......
Philly..... if they don't start running the ball.......

The NFC East doesn't really have an identity yet..... Each team is built with lots of talent, but no real direction....... They aren't running teams, they aren't passing teams.... they aren't WCO, or whatever....... they just go out there, and play football...... New Yorks D is solid, So is Philly's..... Dallas' is up and coming.... and so is Washington's....... but I don't think as a group they fit any kind of mould.

NFC West.........
Seattle..... it took a while for Holmgren to build that thing up there. But now, they're aging, and slow....... You can count on Suan Alexander to get his, & they seem to be able to make due without him, but I don't think they'll be able to do it again.
I have absolutely nothing to back that up...... they beat the teams to beat in '05.... handily beating the NFC East.... the Cowboys, Philly, NYG, and lost to Washington by 3 early in the season, but handily in the playoffs.. They also beat Atlanta, & Indy..... and are undefeated at home.

They are in the weakest division, and they play solid D....... no reason they shouldn't repeat..... I just don't think they will.
that's about it for the NFC West.......

NFC North...... shambles..... the Bears was their best team in '05....... if they don't get that offense clicking, Greenbay is going to win the division.
Greenbay.... to me, looks like they're waiting for Bret to go, so they can move on... that's stupid to me...... they should go ahead, and build that team so A.Smith can just walk in and have sucess from the get go.

The AFC.......

North.
Pitts......... I think Hines Ward epitomizes that team........ I don't know how they do it..... they just keep doing it. That is not the most talented Pittsburgh Steelers team that I've seen. But they play god football, all around...... and they continue to win games...... and that's what it's all about. Like Ward. He isn't even close to the most talented WR in the league..... and the Steelers have had much more talented recievers, with much bigger upsides.... but he's the one that gets it done........ hey, that rhymes...

South..
We're going to finally get the Peyton Monkey off our backs, and we'll beat that high powered offense. Then we're going to sweep Jax, and overpower that D....... the rest of the league is going to be easy.

East.....
That used to be the Best Division in Football..... but now.... The Pats are good.... the Jets are hurting, the Dolphins have fans like Kastofansa.....

West......
Every year, I think KC is going to take it all...... remember the blueprint to the SuperBowl?? They always find away to come up short..... 10-6, and still miss the play-offs.
Denver?? always good......... whether they get to the playoffs or not.
Oakland..... my pick for sleeper in '06...... Brooks to Moss........ get used to it.
San Diego.... Phillip Rivers?? we'll see. If he can get off to a good start, this may be the toughest division when it's all said and done.

thunderkyss
05-14-2006, 12:48 AM

Makes me wonder why they only signed Simms for one year???

thunderkyss
05-14-2006, 12:49 AM
Just for grins, care to tell me which parts? Or is the crystal ball a little hazy on that tonight

You've got Atlanta winning the South, with that unorthodoxed QB beating out the media fav... Carolina, and their traditional QB.

It's not the crystal ball, as much as the gazette

thunderkyss
05-14-2006, 01:01 AM
laughed at the homers that put the afc south as the toughest

Well remember I am predicting we will go 13-3....
The Colts are still going to be 10-6
& even though Jax over achieved last year, I can still see them in the 10-6 range.

Tennessee is the only team draging us down.... and they're really more of a wildcard than a dud.