PDA

View Full Version : Armstrong and Ragone re-signed

dhaNim
04-26-2006, 06:57 PM
per KFFL:

Texans | D. Ragone re-signed
Wed, 26 Apr 2006 15:50:42 -0700

The Houston Texans have re-signed restricted free agent QB Dave Ragone (Texans) to an undisclosed contract.

Texans | D. Armstrong re-signed
Wed, 26 Apr 2006 15:49:28 -0700

The Houston Texans have re-signed restricted free agent WR Derick Armstrong (Texans) to an undisclosed contract.

Paragon Blue
04-26-2006, 07:18 PM
this is a good thing right???

Wolf
04-26-2006, 07:21 PM
I like it

Ibar_Harry
04-26-2006, 07:23 PM
That's good, but I would also like to hear that Wand has been resigned. That would indicate things are going well with the O-line as well.

Double Barrel
04-26-2006, 07:44 PM
Will Ragone always be a #3, or does anyone think he'll compete this year for the two spot?

Wolf
04-26-2006, 07:52 PM
I was suprised Ragone re-signed, I figured he'd look to go somewhere and try to fight for a starting job.

but I do think Ragone will challenge for #2

Runner
04-26-2006, 07:54 PM
I was suprised Ragone re-signed, I figured he'd look to go somewhere and try to fight for a starting job.

As an RFA, he couldn't go somewhere else. I'm sure he'd prefer to go somewhere he'd have a chance to compete.

Wolf
04-26-2006, 08:00 PM
As an RFA, he couldn't go somewhere else. I'm sure he'd prefer to go somewhere he'd have a chance to compete.

oh that is right forgot about him being RFA

aj.
04-26-2006, 08:18 PM
He could go anywhere he wanted if a team was willing to part with a third-rounder. But that wasn't going to happen.

WiiBrawler
04-26-2006, 08:27 PM
We should try to use Armstrong as a #3 receiver, he needs a chance, he has the best hands on the team!

Grid
04-26-2006, 08:42 PM
good re-signs. Armstrong provides us with that slot WR that we lost when Gaffney left.. and Ragone, if nothing else, is familiar with the players ..heh.

texanfan2002114
04-26-2006, 09:42 PM

When I spoke to Ragone on a flight back from kentucky a couple of weeks ago, he said that he was going to resign and said that Kubiak told him that he would have an opportunity to win the #2 job.

Kaiser Toro
04-26-2006, 09:57 PM
At least we know our QB position is set with Carr, Rosenfels and Ragone. The battle for #2 should be exciting, I guess.

BradK10
04-26-2006, 09:59 PM
When I spoke to Ragone on a flight back from kentucky a couple of weeks ago, he said that he was going to resign and said that Kubiak told him that he would have an opportunity to win the #2 job.

Good stuff

mexican_texan
04-26-2006, 09:59 PM
At least we know our QB position is set with Carr, Rosenfels and Ragone. The battle for #2 should be exciting, I guess.
Hopefully that will make the #1 possible for someone other than David.

Trap_Star
04-26-2006, 10:05 PM
Hopefully that will make the #1 possible for someone other than David.

I agree. All three should compete for the #1 spot...:stirpot:

Texans34Life
04-26-2006, 10:50 PM
Glad we got Armstrong back. I loved how he went after the ball.

BigWig
04-27-2006, 09:19 AM
Armstrong is a good thing, I really liked his "spiderman" hands!

hot pickle
04-27-2006, 09:39 AM
now we just gotta make sure he gets a chance to use them

jerek
04-27-2006, 11:15 AM
I like that we got Armstrong back. Ragone I do not feel strongly one way or the other about.

Texas
04-27-2006, 11:19 AM
Kevin Walters will most likely be our #3 man...Hopefully armstrong will share time with him...As for ragone...Im happy to see this!

Bullfan
04-27-2006, 11:48 AM
I heard that Wand was re-signed too.

thunderkyss
04-27-2006, 11:51 AM
So, up until now, is it safe to assume Ragone, and Armstrong have not been working out with the Texans??

Ibar_Harry
04-27-2006, 12:05 PM

I would love to know that this is true. Wand might have been the biggest victum of the Caper's erra. I want to see what Sherman can do with Wand. I'm just so upbeat about this coaching change. Its as big as Kubiak's signing. Sherman is going to bust his you know what to change the O-line and he knows what he is doing. This could be one of the biggest surprises of the year for the Texans.

I still think we have a very good shot at the playoffs this year. We are going to be a nighmare for a lot of ball clubs to defend. If we sign Bush, don't be surprised if some people start talking about the Texans, Kubiak and the offense they are going to have this year. The caviat will be the O-line, but I have a feeling after the 1st game or two they will be looking to see how they can get the Texans on the TV schedule. This team is going to come out of the darkness into the limelight. Gooooo Texaaaans.

El Tejano
04-27-2006, 12:40 PM
We all heard last year about how much more we wanted to see Armstrong on the field because good things happen when he is. I believe he was better than Gaffney but with an offense that only showcased two receivers he never received the right opportunity to show anything. As for me, right now I got Armstrong penciled in at #3 while Walters and Mathis fight it out to take it away from Armstrong and fight for the #4 spot. This will be a nice position battle in camp this year. Don't forget a guy like Kendrick Sterling could come up and do something in this offense.

As for Ragone, I've always liked his arm and when you talk about a QB that looks off receivers he has the tangibles. You never know what this new offense can do for him. The other thing is that as the #2 QB on this team, he is always a sack away from starting.

rafterticket
04-27-2006, 12:46 PM
I want to see what Sherman can do with Wand. I'm just so upbeat about this coaching change. Its as big as Kubiak's signing. Sherman is going to bust his you know what to change the O-line and he knows what he is doing. This could be one of the biggest surprises of the year for the Texans.

Couldn't agree more. What I am waiting for, and hope is true, is that this was one of the worst coaching staffs ever assembled, and the new staff is able to bring the true talent and potential of these guys out.

When that happens, I hope every one of the former staff not currently working has to beg and plead to ever work in football again.

Bearfan Blue and Orange
04-27-2006, 05:31 PM
We all heard last year about how much more we wanted to see Armstrong on the field because good things happen when he is. I believe he was better than Gaffney but with an offense that only showcased two receivers he never received the right opportunity to show anything. As for me, right now I got Armstrong penciled in at #3 while Walters and Mathis fight it out to take it away from Armstrong and fight for the #4 spot. This will be a nice position battle in camp this year. Don't forget a guy like Kendrick Sterling could come up and do something in this offense.

As for Ragone, I've always liked his arm and when you talk about a QB that looks off receivers he has the tangibles. You never know what this new offense can do for him. The other thing is that as the #2 QB on this team, he is always a sack away from starting.

walters will be the #3 WR going into camp and coming out of camp. mathis and Amrstrong will ahve to battle for the #4/5 spot. I think they will hold 5wr spots especially as they do not want to go thin at talent with the WR like last season when AJ went down and Moulds is not exactly injury proof either as he is getting older.

Runner
04-27-2006, 05:48 PM
So, up until now, is it safe to assume Ragone, and Armstrong have not been working out with the Texans??

No, don't assume that. There is something in the RFA procedure that allows the player to practice once the team makes the tender but before the player signs the offer. I think it gives the player more flexibility in looking for teams. All of the RFAs have been practicing with the team.

Runner
04-27-2006, 05:49 PM

But reporters aren't allowed to mention his name for some reason. :)