PDA

View Full Version : Should Texans gone after Javon Walker instead of Moulds?

Texas_Thrill
04-26-2006, 04:09 PM
I mean I know he had the knee injury but I think I'd rather taken a chance on this guy. He's younger. Really really wants out of GB. Any reason we didn't look more into this situation?

ThaShark316
04-26-2006, 04:13 PM
I mean I know he had the knee injury but I think I'd rather taken a chance on this guy. He's younger. Really really wants out of GB. Any reason we didn't look more into this situation?

No.

He wants #1 WR money...big *** signing bonus...hell with that.

Grid
04-26-2006, 04:14 PM
No.. Moulds is the perfect choice for us. He is MORE than talented enough, and capable enough, to be a quality #2 receiver.. and his veteran leadership will be priceless.

Javon seems like a talented enough guy.. but he does have an attitude on him. We need more solid vets like Moulds to help "Mould" this team.

Ibar_Harry
04-26-2006, 04:18 PM
No.. Moulds is the perfect choice for us. He is MORE than talented enough, and capable enough, to be a quality #2 receiver.. and his veteran leadership will be priceless.

Javon seems like a talented enough guy.. but he does have an attitude on him. We need more solid vets like Moulds to help "Mould" this team.

Moulds likes AJ and AJ indicated I believe that Moulds was one of the guys he based his game on. Moulds seems to understand the role of a mentor as he has stated. I think he will not have the ego problem which is what I fear with Walker. Moulds and Walker both were tired of what was going on with their respective teams. I too think overall Moulds will prove to be the better guy.

El Tejano
04-26-2006, 04:21 PM
Yeah I agree with Ibar. Moulds has already accepted the responsibility of getting this offense on the same page and showing leadership.

Texan in Japan
04-26-2006, 04:33 PM
Moulds brings the experience, skill and intangibles we need to the #2 position. He'll make us a better team, AJ a better #1 WR and Carr a better QB. All that from a 5th round pick...amazing!

TheOgre
04-26-2006, 05:27 PM
We got Moulds for a 5th round pick and a lot less money than it would have cost to sign Walker. The answer is "no".

Hardcore Texan
04-26-2006, 05:44 PM

I agree a 100%.

Seņor Stan
04-26-2006, 06:58 PM
We got Moulds for a 5th round pick and a lot less money than it would have cost to sign Walker. The answer is "no".

Plus, I think the Pack was looking for a #2 pick for Javon.

Texas
04-26-2006, 07:02 PM
No moulds fits perfectly...

The Myth
04-26-2006, 08:01 PM
Moulds likes AJ and AJ indicated I believe that Moulds was one of the guys he based his game on. Moulds seems to understand the role of a mentor as he has stated. I think he will not have the ego problem which is what I fear with Walker. Moulds and Walker both were tired of what was going on with their respective teams. I too think overall Moulds will prove to be the better guy.
Moulds said on NFL radion shortly after the deal that one of te reasons he came was because AJ wanted him to.

A big difference here is that the Packers are trying to get as much a payoff as they can out of Walker. The Bills were more easily willing to part with EM.

WiiBrawler
04-26-2006, 08:24 PM

You know why we didnt go after Walker?
because he is a ***, we have never had someone in the locker room that was like T.O. type of guy. One of the main reasons the Texans lost soo many games last year was giving up a lead in the 4th quarter,remember the Rams game,the Ravens game,Hey even the Titans game,we needed veteran leadership. E-Moulds is that guy, , he will give it to us, he help mature Andre Johnson and David Carr, he will keep the offense intact. E-moulds is da man!:redtowel: :redtowel:

mark my words we will average 24 points a game, and E-moulds will score at least 8 TD's this year

Samer
04-28-2006, 07:51 PM
Walker will only cause problems if he doesn't like how things are going. Moulds will help Mentor a group of young receivers with Walter, Johnson and Mathis, Go Moulds Go

Bobo
04-28-2006, 08:00 PM

He's coming off a bad injury and for a WR, any injury to the leg is bad. But that doesn't mean I wanted Moulds of the 10 TDs in three years fame. Gaffney would have been just fine if the OL ever comes together. Heck, if your QB can't get the ball off, it doesn't matter if you have Marvin Harrison and Randy Moss as your WRs. Getting Moulds certainly did not improve this situation.