PDA

View Full Version : If the Texans had 2 top 10 picks

ThaShark316
04-25-2006, 06:37 PM
Who would you take with them...I'll give us...#1 and #7.

Who would you guys take with the #1 pick...or would you trade it...
Also, what would you guys do with #7, keep it and pick someone, or trade it for more picks?

Thoughts?

Me? I'd say....Bush...and try and trade up for D'Brick...

This should be fun...haha.

ledzeppelin229
04-25-2006, 06:44 PM
Bush/Huff

Bush/J Williams

Also wouldn't mind taking AJ Hawk at 7 if he dropped, and Vernon Davis would be a possibility too. I really like the guys in the 5-10 range.

kastofsna
04-25-2006, 06:45 PM
leinart and huff.

trutxn
04-25-2006, 06:53 PM
Who would you take with them...I'll give us...#1 and #7.

Who would you guys take with the #1 pick...or would you trade it...
Also, what would you guys do with #7, keep it and pick someone, or trade it for more picks?

Thoughts?

Me? I'd say....Bush...and try and trade up for D'Brick...

This should be fun...haha.

You think it sounds funny, but we could trade Carr to the Raiders (#7), draft Vince, and then trade the number 7 pick and the second round pick to the Saints and get Reggie Bush as well. Or stay at # 7 and get Mario Williams, D'Brick, or AJ Hawk depending on who is still available.

Lets do it!

trutxn
04-25-2006, 07:20 PM
You think it sounds funny, but we could trade Carr to the Raiders (#7), draft Vince, and then trade the number 7 pick and the second round pick to the Saints and get Reggie Bush as well. Or stay at # 7 and get Mario Williams, D'Brick, or AJ Hawk depending on who is still available.

Lets do it!

And for those of you who think Vince is not more talented than Carr, review both of their college stats below. To Carr's credit, the majority of his passing yards were gained during his junior and senior years. To Vince's credit, he did not have a senior year.

DC (4 yrs) 7,849 passing yds, 70 TDs, 23 INTs, 62.6%, 141.4 pass efficiency
VY (3 yrs) 6,040 passing yds 44 28 61.8 144.9

Rushing Yds TD

David Carr (4 yrs) 206 9
Vince Young (3 yrs) 3,127 37

Total Yds Total TDs

David Carr (4 yrs) 8,055 79
Vince Young (3 yrs) 9,167 81

Remember Vince did not play his senior year, so "projecting" that if he stayed in school for his senior year, and had at least a year as good as last years, his stats would be off the charts as shown below.

Total Yds TDs

Vince Young 13,167 121

Not only is Vince better than Carr, but he could be groomed into one of the best ever!

Don't mess this up Houston, or we will have a problem for many years.

HeroTime
04-25-2006, 07:28 PM
And for those of you who think Vince is not more talented than Carr, review both of their college stats below. To Carr's credit, the majority of his passing yards were gained during his junior and senior years. To Vince's credit, he did not have a senior year.

Passing Yds TD INT PCT Efficiency

DC (4 yrs) 7,849 70 23 62.6 141.4
VY (3 yrs) 6,040 44 28 61.8 144.9

Rushing Yds TD

David Carr (4 yrs) 206 9
Vince Young (3 yrs) 3,127 37

Total Yds Total TDs

David Carr (4 yrs) 8,055 79
Vince Young (3 yrs) 9,167 81

Remember Vince did not play his senior year, so "projecting" that if he stayed in school for his senior year, and had at least a year as good as last years, his stats would be off the charts as shown below.

Total Yds TDs

Vince Young 13,167 121

Not only is Vince better than Carr, but he could be groomed into one of the best ever!

By your standards we should have drafted Eric Crouch. How did we mess that one up. :stirpot:

HeroTime
04-25-2006, 07:35 PM

Total Yds TDs

Vince Young 13,167 121

looks like Brad Smith numbers we better get him to.

Brad Smith 4 years Total yards 13,088 TD's 101

:stirpot:

Sarg01
04-25-2006, 07:50 PM

Lets do it!

1. Raiders would never go for it. Most NFL people couldn't care less that someone's a "local boy", apart from possible ticket sales impact.

2. If you think Carr is so worthless that the Texans need a QB, why do you think the Raiders would give up a Top 10 pick for him?

3. Who would be our starting QB for the years it would take before Vince could start? Ragone? Maybe we could get Harrington out of Detroit.

4. And how do we pay the number 1 and number 2 overall picks with our 4.7 million of cap room (less after Carr is traded, in fact, it's probably negative)

trutxn
04-25-2006, 08:44 PM
3. Who would be our starting QB for the years it would take before Vince could start? Ragone? Maybe we could get Harrington out of Detroit.

4. And how do we pay the number 1 and number 2 overall picks with our 4.7 million of cap room (less after Carr is traded, in fact, it's probably negative)

Steve McNair is in deep contract disputes and may be a free agent soon. If this could happen, McNair may possibly sign a lower contract in order to help groom Vince in Houston. Not to mention that he could stick it to Bud Adams twice a year. The transition could work people, trading Carr would also get us extra draft picks.

Having the #1 and #2 pick in the draft is a stretch and it would never happen, but stranger things have occured.

swtbound07
04-25-2006, 08:48 PM
If i get 2 out of the top 10, i want vince and mario williams, with dbrick, then huff, then hawk rounding out my personal top 5

thunderkyss
04-25-2006, 08:58 PM
I'd go with Vince, then trade the #7 and try to get Kiwanuka & Eric Winston.

Grid
04-25-2006, 08:59 PM
Bush and AJ Hawk

trutxn
04-25-2006, 09:08 PM
looks like Brad Smith numbers we better get him to.

Brad Smith 4 years Total yards 13,088 TD's 101

:stirpot:

Find someone comparable to Vince before you start throwing out numbers. Many people have the stats, but not many have Vince's pure, overall talent, period.

Reggie is great and Carr may be as well, but neither could lead this team like Vince could.

Until Kubs was hired, many rumblings out of the locker room were stating Carr is not giving 100% to football. Not necessarily on the field, but in the offseason working with his receivers and linemen. Everyone has family to share time with, but professional football is a year round sport. The team should be an extension to the family, ask anyone who has played on an NFL dynasty.

How many sacks will it take before Carr reverts back to his old ways? Kubiak will be a great coach and will put his stamp on the organization no matter what. So the real question is, will Kubs change the face of the Texans, with a real Texan?

D-ReK
04-25-2006, 09:37 PM
Trade down from the first pick to the fourth pick, then pick Hawk at 4 and Huff at 7...

phan1
04-25-2006, 09:44 PM
Reggie Bush, Vernon Davis. I think with those two on the field, we would have the most talented skill positions on offense in the NFL hands down. Vernon Davis is a total beast! That would be insane!

But Davis won't last til pick 7, so I wouldn't mind trading up to get him or get Winston Justice.

Honoring Earl 34
04-25-2006, 09:46 PM
Come on 4/30/06 :brickwall

MorKnolle
04-25-2006, 10:13 PM

Lets do it!

Wow, put down Madden for a couple minutes and get back to the real world

MorKnolle
04-25-2006, 10:16 PM
Reggie Bush, Vernon Davis. I think with those two on the field, we would have the most talented skill positions on offense in the NFL hands down. Vernon Davis is a total beast! That would be insane!

But Davis won't last til pick 7, so I wouldn't mind trading up to get him or get Winston Justice.

That would help out our offense pretty nicely, but I'd prefer to boost the defense and take Mario Williams and Michael Huff (take Hawk instead if he somehow falls to #7). Another option, depending on what other picks we have, would be to trade up and get Mario and Bush, take the best playmaker and best prospect in several years on both sides of the ball. Either way having those two high picks would bankrupt our team, but interesting to make plans for Madden next year.

thunderkyss
04-25-2006, 10:48 PM
Either way having those two high picks would bankrupt our team, but interesting to make plans for Madden next year.

Do you play online??

Mailman04
04-25-2006, 10:55 PM
Why is it so difficult for some of you to understand Texans aren't drafting Vince Young? It isn't happening. It will be Bush or Mario.

jmerog
04-25-2006, 11:11 PM
David YUGO is a HORRIBLE investment! The ping for the buck that he shows is a JOKE! Its like paying $80,000 for a used YUGO instead of spending the same amount of money on a new Corvette! Seems David and agent should be into selling USED and BROKEN DOWN Carrs!

really, for your own sake..please no more of the Carr/car references. Everybody gets it -haha it was funny the first half of the first year but now it is just goofy. I have no problems with you being a Carr hater, really i dont ( though i disagree) but the continous Yugo, corvette, busted carr, etc references are just lame. ( not that they are all yours) I dont mean to be a party pooper but i just cant take it no more. its not just you, of course. Be more original. I like Carr but if it will help- I'll start out just to help you. here goes..

David Carr is a lying, homosexual drunk and a SoCal wussyboy who cant do anything but look pretty and make excuses. I hope He chokes on a chicken bone at a dinner charade party. At least that way the Texans will get insurance money and finally get some worth out of Dandy Carr.

I'm sure i could do better given time and if i really disliked him but its a start. I'm not trying to be too critical, i just want more entertaining reading. You can do better. For the record, I like Carr and i think he will blossum in Kube's sytem and i am as certain as a fan can be that he is neither a candy **** nor a drunk. Cant be sure about the lying though- he looks shifty around the eyes. :-)

Apoch
04-25-2006, 11:19 PM
If the Texans had the #1 and #7?.....

#1 Reggie Bush -- This gives the offense every needed skill position weapon to succeed.

You take him for the same reason the Texans are going to take him. Bush is the BPA (maybe in a decade), and you just don't pass on that. He immediately fills the 3rd down back, slot WR, PR, Davis Compliment, and "Deadly Screen Pass" roles... and has the potential to be so much more. Some strange Portis/Faulk/Tomlinson combo is likely, and the second coming of Gale Sayers is not out of the question.

#7 Michael Huff -- If Vernon Davis was available I would probably go with him, but Huff actually makes more sense. Ngata, Bunkley, and maybe Hawk are all good players too, but Hawk might be gone and the two DTs are not a need.

Huff is actually a perfect fit. The Texans need a FS baaaaaaad. We had 2 SSs playing last year after Coleman was injured. Not that Earl and Brown are bad, but they are not nearly in the same league as Huff. You can line him up at any DB position and watch him excel. He has the speed, agility, discipline, and leadership to do it all. While he could play CB, it would probably be best for Houston to keep him at FS. Huff could fill a role very much like Polamalu or Dawkins; being the field general, being used in a number of roles, and making plays everywhere.

As a bonus he is a Longhorn... it's perfect.

(Trading the #7 pick down a little and netting OT Justice would be great as well, but I'd rather just take Huff and add Eric Winston or Daryn Colledge later on.)

kcwilson
04-25-2006, 11:22 PM
VY would be great! Woo-hoo, can't wait for him to get here.:pigfly:

jmerog
04-25-2006, 11:28 PM
everyone's talking about Mario but i think Luigi was really the talent. Look at what he did against that koopa guy.

Kaiser Toro
04-25-2006, 11:31 PM
I am a virtual mime locked in a virtual box. What am I doing in this thread?

kcwilson
04-25-2006, 11:36 PM
We are all dumber from having read this thread.

thunderkyss
04-25-2006, 11:43 PM
Why is it so difficult for some of you to understand Texans aren't drafting Vince Young? It isn't happening. It will be Bush or Mario.

If I were the Texans, with the #1 overall, and the #7 pick in this years draft, I'd draft Vince Young. Then take that #7, and draft him again as a backup

Goatcheese
04-25-2006, 11:46 PM
Trade down from the first pick to the fourth pick, then pick Hawk at 4 and Huff at 7...

You beat me to it. :yahoo:

MorKnolle
04-26-2006, 06:55 PM
Do you play online??

I never even bought Madden 2006 and have barely played that one, and I don't have the online connection for it (I only play the PS2 version of it one of the few games I don't like the XBox controls for). I probably won't buy any new games until PS3 comes out, whenever they decide to do that.

Wolf
04-26-2006, 07:08 PM
I'd try to get the #1 overall traded down to maybe 4 and get williams and with #7 pick if Hawk wasn't there or Huff .. trade back down gain some more picks in 2007 and make a run at Adrian Peterson :heh: