PDA

View Full Version : Ive switched to the Mario camp

jacquescas
04-24-2006, 05:46 PM
lets get into Mario's world. I've officially switched camps from Bush to Williams. I wouldnt be devestated if we took bush, but i think our whole defense would improve from Williams, we have had a pathetic pass rush and good defensive lineman are hard to find. They play longer and have longer careers.

jacquescas
04-24-2006, 05:51 PM
WE need to fix the lines. Williams in the first and Winston in the second. Makes the lines stout and the rest will fill out. I still think bush will be a star, just not on this team.

TreWardTxn
04-24-2006, 05:58 PM
Just for the record; what's got you switching? Something you heard, or something you saw?

jacquescas
04-24-2006, 06:26 PM
i had been close for a while, but that last article from ESPN really drove it home. i'd prefer to trade down and get him, but it seems that it isn't possible.

Wolf
04-24-2006, 06:43 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/columns/story?columnist=smith_michael&id=2419503

what this article? not bad IMO

Kaiser Toro
04-24-2006, 06:54 PM
Welcome to the party we have been expecting you. Standard fare around here - you have your cap locks on the left, enter on the right and escape in the upper left hand corner.

bad
04-24-2006, 07:16 PM
lets get into Mario's world. I just can't do it. Not with the #1 overall. I think Mario will be great, but I'm still on the Bush bandwagon. The more RB gets slammed the more I feel he'll take it out on NFL defenses.

Plus, I'm a true Leo. I'm very, very stubborn. My opinions are not easily swayed by articulate summations of arguments I've already heard for months. I've softened my stance more than I thought I would, and I've come to peace with the thought of rooting for Bush to succeed elsewhere and hoping it's not Tennessee. Don't want to face him twice a year, motivated as he will be if he feels we slighted him.

I understand and respect your opinion, but I'm not jumping ship. Starting to look a bit crowded on the Good Ship Mario anyhow.

Nawzer
04-24-2006, 07:19 PM
I see no reason why I should jump ship specially now with the draft so close. And I do admit that that article was well written and reasonable, but I still think Reggie Bush should be a Houston Texan.

Exascor
04-24-2006, 07:24 PM
I've switched to the "Let's get this draft over so the real complaining can begin" camp. Really, I'd be happy with Bush, Young, Ferguson or Williams or a trade down and pick up any of those. I'd be worried if we drop below #4. I just think the drop off is steep after those 4. Trading below 4 would take a monster deal for me to feel satisfied.

Bottom line is the players that the Texans draft will get my support no matter what. Come on Saturday!

TexansCanes
04-24-2006, 07:38 PM
I have a question here, why doesn't Mario Just take the contract offer from the texans assuming all the reports about the negotiations are true. It has been widely reported that if there isn't a deal between the texans and reggie or mario than they would take the best player available which according to many, is reggie bush. so the only way that the texans would take mario at this point is if he is signed before the draft. reports are that the money isn't above alex smith money at this point but would mario get that with the second pick, i don't think so. i will say most of my info is coming from the sportscenter draft special so i'm not sure if all of this info is actually correct but it seems the best thing for mario to do is agree to the deal and hope bush prices himself out of the top pick. of course it could be that the texans through out a bad deal at mario to see if he takes it and i am not as clever as i thought.

utahmark
04-24-2006, 07:53 PM
lets get into Mario's world. I've officially switched camps from Bush to Williams. I wouldnt be devestated if we took bush, but i think our whole defense would improve from Williams, we have had a pathetic pass rush and good defensive lineman are hard to find. They play longer and have longer careers.

well i switched for mario to bush. so no need to change the population signs.

GP
04-24-2006, 07:58 PM
I've switched to the "Let's get this draft over so the real complaining can begin" camp. Really, I'd be happy with Bush, Young, Ferguson or Williams or a trade down and pick up any of those. I'd be worried if we drop below #4. I just think the drop off is steep after those 4. Trading below 4 would take a monster deal for me to feel satisfied.

Bottom line is the players that the Texans draft will get my support no matter what. Come on Saturday!

I agree with you except on the Young part. Substitute AJ Hawk for Young

The drop off is EXTREME after Bush/Ferguson/Williams/Hawk.

I'm still on the Bush bandwagon but a great trade will make me happy, too. And I won't "cry" if we get Ferguson or Williams or Hawk. Just happen to think it's Bush or trade out.

Texas_Thrill
04-24-2006, 08:55 PM
Welcome aboard the gravy train!

I think the bang for the buck here and talent wise. He is a monster pass rush but EQUALLY good at stopping the run. How can thee go wrong?

:superman: MARIO!!!! and Winston in the 2nd.

You win the battles in the TRENCHES!!!!

Trap_Star
04-24-2006, 09:21 PM
I agree with you except on the Young part. Substitute AJ Hawk for Young

The drop off is EXTREME after Bush/Ferguson/Williams/Hawk.

I'm still on the Bush bandwagon but a great trade will make me happy, too. And I won't "cry" if we get Ferguson or Williams or Hawk. Just happen to think it's Bush or trade out.

I still have hope on getting Ferguson.:redtowel:
From what CC said on the FSN special, Ferguson is #3 on their board.IMO

Zac
04-24-2006, 09:41 PM
If the Texans build an elite offense machine and ignore the defense, it will be a repeat of the Indianapolis Colts Machine of Manning and James!!

Regular Season wins and early playoff game loses!

It's a Cliche, but elite defenses and average offenses win playoff games including super bowls. Baltimore just amazed me with that crap offense they put on the field; but the result was a super bowl.

I really want Reggie Bush, but I'm not a coach (I know that games are won in the trenches). I expect the Coaches to access the talent level around the team and pick the best player; not the popular media darling.

MorKnolle
04-24-2006, 11:51 PM

I wish I had Monarch's talent of writing eloquent-sounding fluff that I could welcome you to Mario's camp, but unfortunately I can't do that so you'll have to settle for me simply saying welcome to the good side.