PDA

View Full Version : After the draft, MAD, or accepting

Goldeagle
04-23-2006, 09:28 AM
45% of this City want Bush
45% of this City want Vince
10% want D'Brick or would settle for Mario Williams

I fall into that 10% for blah blah blah reasons and everyone has their reasons for the others.

My question is this:

Will you accept what the Texans do? Will you say ok and live with Reggie Bush and believe as others do about his explosivenss, or accept that VInce can RUN better than Carr and make something despite the horrible O-line? Can you look at D'brick and say we have a LT for the next 10 years or cheer for Mario WIlliams when he dominates at the DE position?

Will you accept and move on if the Team does not do what you want in this years draft?

aj.
04-23-2006, 09:36 AM
Will you accept and move on if the Team does not do what you want in this years draft?

Of course. Is there any other way?

hot pickle
04-23-2006, 09:42 AM
im with the texans no matter what they do, but please draft reggie bush, but ill have no probablem excepting other players

ArlingtonTexan
04-23-2006, 09:44 AM
I will state the things I like, criticize those that I don't, shrug my shoulders on some 6th rounder I never heard of and will be at favorite sports bar for every play this year except the (Dallas game).

Doom Capers
04-23-2006, 10:10 AM
Then 45% of the city should root for a different sport because they know nothing about football. Start focusing on Yao's foot or something.

thetexanator
04-23-2006, 10:13 AM
id be mad if they try to reach for a player in the 2 and 3rd's. ala babin "duh, hes a monster, best thing since kevin greene"(actual quote from casserly)

SheTexan
04-23-2006, 10:16 AM
I love the game of football, and LOVE my TEXAN team, regardless of who's on it!! I just accept what the power's that be, that make millions to make these decisions, decide to do. I don't always agree, but, I will support who wears the red, white, and blue!! Unlike some other TEXAN fans I know, I have NEVER boo'ed (grammer stinks) a TEXAN player, and never will. I don't have a crystal ball, can't look into the future and know if our pick will be good or not. I just have to do what I have been doing for decades, go to the games and yell for my team!! JMO!

Vinny
04-23-2006, 10:18 AM
The fans always 'get over it' if they draft different players than what they wanted. The guys that bolt weren't really fans.

Porky
04-23-2006, 10:28 AM
The short answer is 100% yes. That doesn't mean I give up my right to critique, argue, or egads....praise what they do on draft day. It just means in the final analysis I trust that the people who get paid to make these calls might actually know more than I do.

Dunta_23
04-23-2006, 10:50 AM
I think
50% want Bush
25% want Young
15% want Mario
10% want Brick

Tulip
04-23-2006, 10:50 AM
Of course I accept it. I'm not there for every home game to watch myself be proved right - I'm there to watch my team win.

Wolf
04-23-2006, 11:35 AM
I'd say most are thinking with their hearts and not their heads..

Carr,Rosenfels, Ragone... no VY in that mix

I don't know about ya'll , but I think the VY supporters and 1)either louder than most or 2) there are more than 45% wanting him.

with that poll statistics, you could substitute Derrick Johnson's name. in for VY
:stirpot:

BigDTexansFan
04-23-2006, 11:44 AM
id be mad if they try to reach for a player in the 2 and 3rd's. ala babin "duh, hes a monster, best thing since kevin greene"(actual quote from casserly)

was at The Alamo in San Antonio wearing my Texans hat and t-shirt got stopped by a guy last Monday, he said he was a big Jason Babin Fan and Alum of Jason's alma mater, He said if we had played Jason as we should with his quickness he would have done better as DE than LB. Man said he watched him playing all 4 years of College, he also said with changes he sees Texans going to next level and SOON. :redtowel:

Malloy
04-23-2006, 11:56 AM
I will state the things I like, criticize those that I don't, shrug my shoulders on some 6th rounder I never heard of and will be at favorite sports bar for every play this year except the (Dallas game).

I'll shut up since you really said it all :)

swtbound07
04-23-2006, 11:58 AM
i've said this a 100 times....the whole debate ends for me on the 29th. Bush, Young, whomever, they become TEXANS, not prospects and i cheer for them. My predictions as to what i think will happen are more than documented...not gonna hear me complaining afterwards.

Malloy
04-23-2006, 11:59 AM
i've said this a 100 times....the whole debate ends for me on the 29th. Bush, Young, whomever, they become TEXANS, not prospects and i cheer for them. My predictions as to what i think will happen are more than documented...not gonna hear me complaining afterwards.

Hey, what about the second day picks? No support for them ? :)

swtbound07
04-23-2006, 12:03 PM
Hey, what about the second day picks? No support for them ? :)

lol support for everybody man...you got me, i forgot that this was a 2 day experience. Im more looking forward to round 3 than round one. i probably wont watch day 2, just get the recaps,but believe you me, nothing but support for the people in the steel blue and battle red...even *sigh* phillip buchanon.

Malloy
04-23-2006, 12:09 PM
lol support for everybody man...you got me, i forgot that this was a 2 day experience. Im more looking forward to round 3 than round one. i probably wont watch day 2, just get the recaps,but believe you me, nothing but support for the people in the steel blue and battle red...even *sigh* phillip buchanon.

no worries, I just had to git ya! ;)

OzzO
04-23-2006, 12:23 PM
Nope, if the Texans do not pick exactly who I want - then I will quit this team FOREVER.

... yeah right. I'm not even 100% sure myself who they should get. I feel they'll make the right decision, moreso now that we have an improved staff, and with the names already being thrown around - I'd probably be happy with any of them. 100% Texan fan.

... as long as it results in more wins and never have to see another 2 win season again.

Eyeguy
04-23-2006, 12:47 PM
The Texans don't need a new QB or the controversy that comes from drafting another one. I think it would be a waste of the # 1 pick to take ANY QB. It would be a major faliure to extend Carrs contract then draft a QB at # 1. I signed up for my PSL on the first day possible and will always support Houston pro football. If they make a bonehead move like this I would however, be very disappointed.

Hottoddie
04-23-2006, 01:00 PM
I'm a Texan's fan first & a player's fan second. Whatever choice the team makes, I'll support 100%, even if they make the wrong choice. :D

On a side note, I have more confidence in our FO to make the right decisions, than I've had in a long time.

disaacks3
04-23-2006, 01:06 PM
Unlike some other TEXAN fans I know, I have NEVER boo'ed (grammer stinks) a TEXAN player, and never will. But you did have a couple of 'close calls' last year! :whistle: Hopefully, we won't have that level of frustration this year.

I'm pumped about these first baby steps towards next season. Once they don the Steel Blue and Battle Red they get my support without reservation!

Koolbrz
04-23-2006, 01:14 PM

I fall into that 10% for blah blah blah reasons and everyone has their reasons for the others.

My question is this:

Will you accept what the Texans do? Will you say ok and live with Reggie Bush and believe as others do about his explosivenss, or accept that VInce can RUN better than Carr and make something despite the horrible O-line? Can you look at D'brick and say we have a LT for the next 10 years or cheer for Mario WIlliams when he dominates at the DE position?

Have no choice but to accept what they do. May not like the pick, only thing we can do is hope it works out for the better of the team.

Speedy
04-23-2006, 01:31 PM
I'm just glad fans aren't making the pick. Whoever the 1st pick is, and no Young is NOT in the equation, will be a great player. What they do with the rest of the picks is the most important part of this draft.

bad
04-23-2006, 01:53 PM
The fans always 'get over it' if they draft different players than what they wanted. The guys that bolt weren't really fans. Here is truth.

One of the benefits of being a true fan is you can always find room in your heart to be both mad and accepting at the same time. It's akin to being a parent. Your children do something to make you mad, you deal with it, accept it and love them none the less.

Bobo
04-23-2006, 02:47 PM

My question is this:

One should remember that all Texans fans came from somewhere else before the team came here four years ago. Most current Texans fans were either neutral when the Oilers left and didn't really follow any team or they latched onto another team until the Texans came. Houston fans realize that life did indeed continue when the Oilers left and can very easily go back to where they were before for whatever the reason -- and still enjoy the NFL just like they did when the Oilers left and before the Texans came here. It is very possible that no matter who the Texans draft the ultimate result will be a loss in their fan base, though I am sure there will be enough folks left to fill Reliant every Sunday. They may come back after a time, but then again maybe not as they realize life and the enjoyment of the NFL doesn't begin and end when they lose interest in a team.

Bobo
04-23-2006, 02:50 PM
How many times has VY lead the AFC in rushing for QBs since we are talking about that.

No guy drafted a week from now has done anything in the NFL anyway, be it Bush or Vince or anybody else. So I must be missing the relevance of this post.

kiwitexansfan
04-23-2006, 03:57 PM
I think excited would be the word, we will be getting at least one great player to go with a new staff and a bunch of decent free agents... then it is one step closer to actual football.

GO TEXANS:redtowel:

Kaiser Toro
04-23-2006, 04:00 PM
Yes. I pay for my tickets to watch my football team. I did not enter into that investment by considering the NFL draft. Moreover, I cannot wait until we get out of the top of the draft, then it will spur better dialogue on the merits of the prospects and our team needs, rather than a popularity contest.

Frank_The_Tank
04-23-2006, 04:02 PM
Actually it more like 90% of the city want Young, 10% Bush. Now on this message board it might be 45-45

axman40
04-23-2006, 04:45 PM
I shall take to the streets and show everyone the Wrath of Toro!Wake up and have another beer!
:party:

HoustonFrog
04-23-2006, 05:18 PM
I haven't read anyone elses response but as a fan you can't really say yet if you will be mad or whatever. In all honesty they are going to get a stud at #1. People have been getting too personal when in reality there are 3 quality, good kids with huge upside that we can take and grow with. The big part of the draft IMHO isn't that pick but the 2nd and 3rd rounders. They need quality and certain positions. OT, CB, S, etc. If they can not pull a Charlie and screw it up then I will be happy. No tricky picks here. Just take your scoutings best athlete at one of those need positions. I'm having a hard time believing that they can't 3 starters/top contributors out of the Top 4 picks.

whiskeyrbl
04-23-2006, 05:25 PM
I may be upset for 5 minutes if they don't take Bush, however I have faith in our new coaches with the moves they have made so far and will be behind them 100% on whatever they decide :texflag: :fans: :trophy: :whoohoo:

CoachJim
04-23-2006, 05:28 PM
Like I said in a previous post in a similar thread, I'll be happy with whatever they do. Bush, VY, trade down, as well as the later rounds. I like Bush for his explosiveness & big play potential & VY for the same reasons. The unfortunate truth is that we just as bad, need to trade down & stockpile picks be it this season or next. Bush and/or VY are the sexy picks but I trust our new coaching staff to make the right decisions that will ultimatley impact this franchise for years to come. We definitley wouldn't hurt ourselves by trading down & picking Mario Williams/AJ Hawk/DBrick Ferguson & gaining a few extras from a trade down either ... Just my miserable :twocents:

edo783
04-23-2006, 05:47 PM
I'll never be anything but a fan and support them even if they do some dumb *** thing and pick someone I don't care for. LOL

4Texans
04-23-2006, 08:16 PM
I'll accept whoever they draft, cut, or sign via Free Agency. I was excited when they signed Kubiak as the new coach. They could have left the roster exactly the same and I still would have been excited for next season. I found it hard to believe that the guys forgot how to play football, and were actually bad enough to have only 2 wins. I want to see what Kubes and his staff can do with the players.

I'll be with them no matter what. I've got to pull for the home team.:redtowel:

Seņor Stan
04-23-2006, 08:33 PM
I have entertained so many scenarios with Vince Young, Reggie Bush, Mario Williams, D'Brick, Hawk, trade downs that I can't help but think I will feel a small bit of a loss when we only get one of these guys. I guess that comes with having #1 overall. Too many good possibilities.

That being said, I am more excited about this Texans' season that any other. The moves in FA have made this a BPA draft rather than pure need.

Mailman04
04-23-2006, 09:15 PM
I will accept anything except drafting Vince Young. They can't afford to waste the first pick in this draft.

Grid
04-23-2006, 09:38 PM
Ill accept whatever move we make and support the player. I think Vince would be a bad move for us, but if we draft him Ill be hoping that he reaches his full potential in the NFL, and ill probably get one of his jerseys once he becomes our starting QB.

Im hoping for a trade down with Williams personally. Though if we stay at number one, id befine with Williams or Bush.

Maddict5
04-24-2006, 06:39 AM
What? Say again Titan fan? I dont understand Titan talk.

i never thought id say this but..i agree with bobo. i didn't get your post either:confused:

HJam72
04-24-2006, 07:53 AM
I have my own 7 round mock and the Texans better match it exactly or I will not root for them ever again. :stirpot:

The truth is I'm going to make my final decision after the draft. Whoever they get is who I will be determined to believe was the best choice, if at all possible. If nothing else, they could make terrible choices based on intellect or whatever and it could still work out through luck because you just don't know who will be a bust and who will be a stud, or who will be where in between.

We're all so concerned about that #1 pick and it could turn out that our first pick in the second round is the one that eventually makes this team a serious contender. Ya never know.

Hervoyel
04-24-2006, 08:26 AM
I think that using the first pick on Vince Young will be a mistake of monumental proportions. I believe that if you must keep the first pick of the draft and no suitable trade is proposed then Reggie Bush is the best choice.

If they don't do what I think they should do I'll keep watching. If things turn out great then I'll be happy and glad that they know what they're doing. If it plays out the way I expect it to I'll always have that stupid move in the back of my mind and I'll resent it. If Travis Johnson doesn't live up to his potential in the 4-3 I'll have an eye on Derrick Johnson in KC and I'll be thinking the same thing.

It's not a "homer" thing or a "man-crush on Reggie" thing. It's about using those first round picks wisely. Right now I look at the Texans and I see David Carr, Andre Johnson, Dunta Robinson, Jason Babin, and Travis Johnson. I feel good about AJ and Dunta, I'm thinking that David Carr will still come through but I'm nervous, and I have a deep concern that Babin was a wasted pick in a draft that the Texans completely screwed up aside from Dunta. I didn't care for the TJ pick last year and I haven't warmed up to it yet. I hope it turns out ok.

Hey, I hope it all turns out ok. I'd really very much rather be wrong and watching the Texans win than be right and watching the Texans draft in the top 5 over and over again.

TexanBacker93
04-24-2006, 09:43 AM
I won't really be happy unless they draft me with the 1st pick.

I have obvious preferences as to who I'd like to see them draft. Regardless of the players chosen, though, I will be there for each game and some of the open practices.

The team cannot get involved with doing what's popular since you can never please every fan unless you do one thing. Just win, baby.

Bobo
04-24-2006, 09:53 AM
I will accept anything except drafting Vince Young. They can't afford to waste the first pick in this draft.

Drafting Reggie Bush is just as much of a wasted pick as drafting Vince Young since both choices would be drafting into strengths.

Bobo
04-24-2006, 09:54 AM
Yes. I pay for my tickets to watch my football team. I did not enter into that investment by considering the NFL draft. Moreover, I cannot wait until we get out of the top of the draft, then it will spur better dialogue on the merits of the prospects and our team needs, rather than a popularity contest.

I pay for my tickets to watch NFL football, no matter who it is.

TexansNeedRBin05
04-24-2006, 10:20 AM
I love Carr, so if they draft Vince (and don't move to WR) i'll be sad (even though I like Vince too.) IF they draft Bush i'll be happy and Dbrick I can live with. Mario, from what I hear is a beast so I wouldn't mind him (epsically if we got a LT in the deal as well, aka a trade down.)

ImSoTexas
04-24-2006, 10:20 AM
CC will find a way to ruin this draft...But even though we have 2 good backs, I cant see the Texans taking anyone but Bush....I wouldnt mind them sliding down & drafting M. Williams but that would just give CC another pick to mess up & this is a deep draft..We could pick up another #2 & possibly #3 for that slot....Allowing us to pick up a OT & DB in the early 2nd round..Hopefully Kubiac has more control over who's drafted, CC worries me being a longtime Redskin fan...

nunusguy
04-24-2006, 10:21 AM
I will be happy with our top pick, and if the VY fans continue to whine and
belly ache I'm going to encourage them all in no uncertain terms to visit the Titans Board, the Raiders Board, etc, or wherever VY ends up in the NFL so
they can support him and his new team.

Runner
04-24-2006, 10:32 AM
I can't see how the Texans 1st pick in the draft has a great effect on my life, so I'll be good with it. I'm sure I'll participate in pro/con discussions no matter who it is, but angry? No.

El Tejano
04-24-2006, 10:39 AM

My question is this:

I've stated all along that I want Vince but our club is in a position to do good either way. However, I believe that if you are not going for Bush you trade down for the other guys. Since noone is wanting to trade, I guess we better go with Bush.

Yankee_In_TX
04-24-2006, 11:13 AM
The fans always 'get over it' if they draft different players than what they wanted. The guys that bolt weren't really fans.

!!!

We got over last year's draft.

The only thing that would displease me (and yes, I would get over it) is using #1 to draft a QB (Vince or otherwise) after signing Carr's deal.

Double Barrel
04-24-2006, 11:23 AM
The team has my unconditional support. The draft of one player won't make my love for the team waver in any way.

texasguy346
04-24-2006, 12:55 PM
I'll accept whomever the Texans select in this draft. I may question a pick or picks made by this team, but I'll always support them and hope for the best. One of the things that get lost in all this Vince/Reggie hoopla is that the Texans have several picks in this years draft. Quite a few in the first day, and with a draft this deep the Texans are bound to pickup some high quality players in later rounds. It's important to keep things in perspective.

Those that put their loyalty solely on the shoulders of a particular player are not Texans fans, and they'll bolt soon after the draft if their player is not picked. The good news is that soon we will be rid of many of those types of posters, and our little message board will slowly return to normal. Can't wait.

DominickDavisFan76
04-24-2006, 12:59 PM
I think
50% want Bush
25% want Young
15% want Mario
10% want Brick

No 9% want Brick

1% want Marcus Vick................jk

Texas
04-24-2006, 10:15 PM
Bush or Williams and im Happy...Anyone else im content but not as happy.

TEXANS84
04-24-2006, 10:37 PM

Draft Sean Taylor, draft Sean Taylor!! Who is Dunta Robinson??

We love Dunta Robinson...who is Sean Taylor?

Scooter
04-25-2006, 12:06 AM
i'll throw popcorn at the TV if they dont do exactly what i hope, but they'd be pretty hard pressed to do wrong by me this weekend. nomatter what though, i'll be at the first game to support kubiak & our new texans. i've got season tix & didnt go to a single game last season. i'll do it atleast one better this year, but if it looks like we're in for a repeat of last season, i'll be at home, watching every game & hoping for the best from my sofa.

like vinny said, you cant turn on & turn off being a fan of a team. if we're still here after missing derrick "no possible way he falls to us" johnson (and then trading him away), we're not going anywhere. i'll be here watching & rooting, win or lose, bad draft or not. we may not like the outcome, but the real fans arent going anywhere. yall couldnt get me off of this site with lendale white & a crowbar. =p

84 ... if taylor was there, we would've drafted him, and had he not gone to the crime capitol of the states, he might be a solid player. we all knew our board read taylor, hall, robinson. all have been studs.

FILO_girl
04-25-2006, 12:25 AM
I think
50% want Bush
25% want Young
15% want Mario
10% want Brick

I think it is 45% just want to make noise and 45% who won't be happy no matter who we get (regardless of stance on 4/28). Trade downers all mixed in the mess.

The remaining 10% just want the season to get here PRONTO. I am now in this group, all the banter these last few months has wore me smooth the puck out. I am argued and reasoned out on this, get on with the Draft already!

Be a 10%er. You know you will be at Reliant in August, come Bush or Young (or DBrick, or Mario or...), except those who chose to punish the franchise and sell their PSLs. :)

I am a TEXANS fan. Whoever they chose I will cheer for, though it may evoke some sort of questioning of the FO if it is a whack pick, but they are my team, warts and all. :)

swtbound07
04-25-2006, 12:26 AM
technical answer? after the draft, i'll be drunk.

LongBignasty1
04-25-2006, 05:58 AM
Hell Yeah!!!!!!!:thumbup

SESupergenius
04-25-2006, 10:30 AM
Our drafts have been full of disappointments since the beginning:

2002 - We pass on Clinton Portis in the 2nd. This would have paled in comparison to the Babin and Buchanon gambles.

2003 - Thought we should have traded down and addressed the OT positions and go Gross. AJ is fine, but we will never see his potential until all the other factors are in place. Trading down and then reaching for Joppru was a classic, that had me questioning Casslery at that point. Seth Wand and Ragone in the 3rd rounds???? Reaches.

2004 - Using our 2rd round pick on Hollings was almost as bad as our Boselli mistake. We passed on Wilfork and then traded the farm for Babin. I still like Babin, but geez, we could have done without him considering there was so much good talent in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. We really missed the boat here and had me confused for a while.

2005 - Draft TJ when DJ slid all the way down to us and we had never drafted a ILB made "0"sense. TJ wasn't even the best 3-4 DL in the draft. The Buchanon trade can be inserted here as another disappointment. Everyone in the world knew he was a bad seed, our drafting experts saw few film and even less in character.

So yes, in every draft we've experience great disappointment. In this draft I expect more of the same, especially if don't go after D'Brick if a good deal comes along. If we draft Young I will go insane. AND NO MORE DRAFT DAY TRADES ALREADY!

swtbound07
04-25-2006, 10:33 AM

2002 - We pass on Clinton Portis in the 2nd. This would have paled in comparison to the Babin and Buchanon gambles.

2003 - Thought we should have traded down and addressed the OT positions and go Gross. AJ is fine, but we will never see his potential until all the other factors are in place. Trading down and then reaching for Joppru was a classic, that had me questioning Casslery at that point. Seth Wand and Ragone in the 3rd rounds???? Reaches.

2004 - Using our 2rd round pick on Hollings was almost as bad as our Boselli mistake. We passed on Wilfork and then traded the farm for Babin. I still like Babin, but geez, we could have done without him considering there was so much good talent in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. We really missed the boat here and had me confused for a while.

2005 - Draft TJ when DJ slid all the way down to us and we had never drafted a ILB made "0"sense. TJ wasn't even the best 3-4 DL in the draft. The Buchanon trade can be inserted here as another disappointment. Everyone in the world knew he was a bad seed, our drafting experts saw few film and even less in character.

So yes, in every draft we've experience great disappointment. In this draft I expect more of the same, especially if don't go after D'Brick if a good deal comes along. If we draft Young I will go insane. AND NO MORE DRAFT DAY TRADES ALREADY!

I think its a stone cold lock that we trade down at least once in this draft.

Hervoyel
04-25-2006, 12:09 PM
Yes, it is probably a lock. That doesn't make it any better though. I'm sick of watching "The Riverboat Gambler" at work. I want to see a nice, conservative draft where we make the obvious picks for a change.

I'm not holding my breath though. It'll be more of the same. The better our draft position is the more I worry that the team will do something monumentally stupid with it.

jerek
04-25-2006, 12:36 PM
Yes, it is probably a lock. That doesn't make it any better though. I'm sick of watching "The Riverboat Gambler" at work. I want to see a nice, conservative draft where we make the obvious picks for a change.

I'm not holding my breath though. It'll be more of the same. The better our draft position is the more I worry that the team will do something monumentally stupid with it.

You and me both. I am starting to get that nervous feeling.

TheOgre
04-25-2006, 12:43 PM

I think regardless of where we draft, people are going to gravitate towards players they love from their college teams. If it wasn't Young fellow Horns fan's might be fixated on Huff, Jonathan Scott, Cedric Griffin, and/or Dave Thomas.

swisher
04-25-2006, 12:52 PM

Nothing about what you said is wrong, but who knew at the time that this was the case? It's easy to sit back today and say we should have taken Portis, but I don't recall an outcry when we took Jabar who had been rated as a first round pick at the time.

The only picks people complained about at the time were Babin and TJ. The jury is still out on TJ.

And I wish people wouldn't lump Joppru into the "dumb draft day picks" category. He got hurt, there's no way anyone could have predicted that. Who knows how good or bad he could have been.

SESupergenius
04-25-2006, 11:15 PM
Nothing about what you said is wrong, but who knew at the time that this was the case? It's easy to sit back today and say we should have taken Portis, but I don't recall an outcry when we took Jabar who had been rated as a first round pick at the time.

The only picks people complained about at the time were Babin and TJ. The jury is still out on TJ.

And I wish people wouldn't lump Joppru into the "dumb draft day picks" category. He got hurt, there's no way anyone could have predicted that. Who knows how good or bad he could have been.
You must have not been around these boards then, because there was PLENTY of criticism for that. I heard many times how Portis was slipping and how it would be great if we picked him up.

As far as Joppru goes, the injury has nothing to do with his selection, he was still a reach. I wouldn't of had a problem if we would have selected deeper in the draft. There were at least 2 good TE's left with our pick in the 3rd.

J-Storm
04-26-2006, 05:53 AM
I'll accept it knowin that they know a lil' more about drafting NFL talent than I do. If I knew as much as they did, I wouldnt have to answer this so while initially mad at 1st, I'd learn to live with it as long as it produced more wins than las' season

*Reminds self to see if he feels this way about this argument/Q this time next yr...

michaelm
04-26-2006, 04:21 PM
Man, at this point I think I will just be relieved that the draft is over.
Many of these preseason debates will rage until the season kicks off, and a few will rage for years, but at least we can all stop trying to convince each other who will be drafted, and when...

That being said, I will be happy in almost any case, until we see how our draft picks perform in the league, and then it could go either way depending on how they pan out.

Goldeagle
04-27-2006, 01:08 PM
Looks like we are going to get Bush.

a small RB when we have a good core of Running Backs and a Kick Returner when we have an All Pro Kick Returner.

I'll accept Bush, but I am ticked. Brick would have been nice considering our O-line is the worst in the league and old. Once again, Carr sacked over 50 times and some will boo thinking it is his fault.

The Duke
04-27-2006, 04:48 PM
Hmmmmmmm...........

I guess I will accept it. However, I still don't think they know WHAT THE HELL they are doing upstairs to make a SuperBowl team!

(Get Cass Out!):redtowel:

bigbrewster2000
04-28-2006, 01:15 PM
Hmmmmmmm...........

I guess I will accept it. However, I still don't think they know WHAT THE HELL they are doing upstairs to make a SuperBowl team!

(Get Cass Out!):redtowel:

And you know nothing either so Shut your pie hole yoko!!

dwilt72
04-28-2006, 01:23 PM
was at The Alamo in San Antonio wearing my Texans hat and t-shirt got stopped by a guy last Monday, he said he was a big Jason Babin Fan and Alum of Jason's alma mater, He said if we had played Jason as we should with his quickness he would have done better as DE than LB. Man said he watched him playing all 4 years of College, he also said with changes he sees Texans going to next level and SOON. :redtowel:

I'm hoping Babin will be better at DE. Maybe he won't have to think as much and just go get the QB.