PDA

View Full Version : Are we done with FA?

DominickDavisFan76
04-21-2006, 01:48 PM
Yo Im not sure if we could possibly pick up some more FAs.

I figure that we will try to pick up more FAs after the draft, incase we dont get who we planned on getting.

Any Thoughts?

texanfan2100
04-22-2006, 04:19 PM

I figure that we will try to pick up more FAs after the draft, incase we dont get who we planned on getting.

Any Thoughts?

Next big cut date is June 1, and the only players available at that point is junk that other teams generally don't want. I think they're pretty much done with free agency.

Texans86
04-22-2006, 04:46 PM
Next big cut date is June 1, and the only players available at that point is junk that other teams generally don't want. I think they're pretty much done with free agency.

Some aren't necessarily junk, just not worth their price, such as Wade. Wade probably has some decent football left in him, but not at his current contract.

pittbull
04-22-2006, 04:49 PM
With the boatload of money the Texans are going to put out in signing bonuses for the draft, I would say their done, unless a good guy wants to come in at bargain prices and incentives.

Mike Kerns
04-22-2006, 05:29 PM
With the boatload of money the Texans are going to put out in signing bonuses for the draft, I would say their done, unless a good guy wants to come in at bargain prices and incentives.
With everyone worried that we are going to give Reggie our entire payroll in signing bonuses, I am sure we are done.

mancunian
04-22-2006, 05:32 PM

Any Thoughts?

I reckon they'll pick up a couple of bods for training camp - and it wouldn't surprise me to see some of the guys we haven't re-signed come back if they haven't found a club.
Thinking of Armstrong and Wells - I haven't heard whether they signed elsewhere...........:hmmm: