PDA

View Full Version : Who is as ready as I am to see the boys back on the field ???

Los
04-21-2006, 08:49 AM
I am tired of all this draft talk.

I AM READY FOR SOME FREAKING FOOTBALL TO BE PLAYED !!!

Bearfan Blue and Orange
04-21-2006, 08:57 AM
IT's FOOTBALL TIME .... LETS GET IT ON!!!

:trophy: :bouncey: :wherewill :boxing:

Bobo
04-21-2006, 09:01 AM
I am tired of all this draft talk.

I AM READY FOR SOME FREAKING FOOTBALL TO BE PLAYED !!!

I'm not all that excited about it, to be honest. For the first four years, I was full of excitement and enthusiasm and, like you, couldn't wait for the season to start. But this year, the excitement as well as the enthusiasm and electricity just isn't there for me. I feel a strange sense of ambivalence, something I have never experienced before since the Texans first began competition. Oh, well, that's just me. But there are probably a lot of others out there who feel -- or don't feel -- the same thing.

Bearfan Blue and Orange
04-21-2006, 09:18 AM
I'm not all that excited about it, to be honest. For the first four years, I was full of excitement and enthusiasm and, like you, couldn't wait for the season to start. But this year, the excitement as well as the enthusiasm and electricity just isn't there for me. I feel a strange sense of ambivalence, something I have never experienced before since the Texans first began competition. Oh, well, that's just me. But there are probably a lot of others out there who feel -- or don't feel -- the same thing.

Did you take your meds lately?

Not just Texan football, but football in general!!! I predict with the current schedule and before the draft they would have won 3-4 more games last season and when you add the draft prospects I think you would see another 2-3 games. That would mean a 8-8 or 9-7 record. I think that is where they will be this season.

Don't worry Bobo it cannot get worse than last season and for that alone you have to get the blood pressure up a little bit!!!

TexanBorn51
04-21-2006, 09:21 AM
Texans are always winners in my book and yes I get excited every year for football especially the Texans regardless of income or outcome.:fans:

Bobo
04-21-2006, 09:22 AM
That would mean a 8-8 or 9-7 record. I think that is where they will be this season.

This eerily reminds me of the kinds of posts we saw last year before the 2005 season commenced.

TEXANRED
04-21-2006, 09:26 AM
Aren't you a Titan fan? I would feel the same way too if they locked my starting QB out of training camp.

El Tejano
04-21-2006, 09:57 AM
I think this offseason has given plenty for us to anticipate. A new coach with a good offensive system, Eric Moulds and Andre Johnson on the same field, either an offensive or defensive rookie who seem to have potential to be the new face of the franchise just to name a few.

I can't wait. I think we are going to have fun this season.

Bobo
04-21-2006, 10:31 AM
Aren't you a Titan fan?

Um, no, I'm not. I am sure there are thousands of folks going by the name of Bobo on the internet.

ComstockLode
04-21-2006, 10:53 AM

I felt that way after the draft last season. I have a little more optimism this season, but I expect our defense to be terrible. But at least we should be entertained with some offensive explosions. But if Carr doesnt play well, this is going to be another long season on both sides of the ball.

Nawzer
04-21-2006, 10:56 AM
Yeah I'm ready for football even though it's months and months away! I'm tired of exciting offseasons and I want to see some excitement from the Texans when it's actually time to play football! :redtowel:

Porky
04-21-2006, 10:57 AM
Um, no, I'm not. I am sure there are thousands of folks going by the name of Bobo on the internet.

Go back to the Titans board. They need more trolls.

rmartin65
04-21-2006, 02:12 PM
I cant wait for the season. Its going to be awsome!!

swtbound07
04-21-2006, 02:45 PM
heck freaking yes...i want preseason, i want the regular season, i want football! i want the texans back, cause everybody is 0-0 right now.

TexanSam
04-21-2006, 02:55 PM
I'm always ready for some football, but the NFL offseason is soooooooooo long. At least it seems like it. I'm always giddy like a schoolgirl when Fox starts to show football games and I hear that little jingle they play.

TMac48
04-21-2006, 02:55 PM
Debbie Downer

Bearfan Blue and Orange
04-21-2006, 03:33 PM
I'm always ready for some football, but the NFL offseason is soooooooooo long. At least it seems like it. I'm always giddy like a schoolgirl when Fox starts to show football games and I hear that little jingle they play.

Trust me it only seems long when you are losing!!!

FirstTexansFan
04-21-2006, 03:40 PM
I'm ready and willing to provide the rusty razorblades to Bobo and any of his ilk that seem to always have nothing but bad things to say. Please use them ASAP, and that way the rest of us can enjoy reading the postings of positive posters. And remember, quoting of tards is not only a socially misfit thing to do, but an abomination to GOD! :)

Mr. White
04-21-2006, 03:43 PM
Bobo won't even be watching the Texans season opener. He'll be on the sidelines in Miami coaching the D.

Scooter
04-21-2006, 04:06 PM
Bobo won't even be watching the Texans season opener. He'll be on the sidelines in Miami coaching the D.

lol nice.

i wish this season would hurry up, i'm running low on hair to pull out and my fuse is getting short lol. i wasnt this excited even for our first season, but as of right now, i'm playing madden constantly & NFL network is always on just to try to get my fix. we have the coach we should've had, our team's talent doubled in the last couple months, and we have the best pick in one of the best drafts in years.

LETS PLAY!!!!!

cuppacoffee
04-21-2006, 04:53 PM

Lots of others probably feel or don't feel the same way?..Brilliant.:rolleyes:

If I were as ambivalent as you are I would use the computer shut down option and then just back away from the computer.

I would then cancel my subscription to the NFL network and take up mowing lawns for a hobby.

But thats just me.

I've been on the anti young, pro bush debates that have raged on this board.

I have bashed last years wannabe coaches and really was not on the Kubiak bandwagon.

I'm even gullible enough to think that Cass has done a reasonably good job, with a couple of hiccups, but then nobodys perfect.

But I anxiously await the season, and in spite of everthing said and argued about on this board, most Texan fans will put it all aside during the season and cheer on our team.

Too bad you cannot feel the same way.

Sounds to me like you are letting a football team define your life.

:coffee:

michaelm
04-21-2006, 05:31 PM

Dude, every time I read one of your posts it sounds like it's being read by the voice of Eeyore from Winnie the Poo.
I try and try to make it stop, but it just won't... and it's funny every single time...

Somebody find Bobo's tail so we can nail it back on and he can be happy again...

So they went outside. And Pooh looked at the knocker and the notice below it, and he looked at the bell-rope and the notice below it, and the more he looked at the bell-rope, the more he felt that he had seen something like it, somewhere else, sometime before.
"Handsome bell-rope, isn't it?" said Owl.
Pooh nodded.
"It reminds me of something," he said, "but I can't think what. Where did you get it?"
"I just came across it in the Forest. It was hanging over a bush, and I thought at first somebody lived there, so I rang it, and nothing happened, and then I rang it again very loudly, and it came off in my hand, and as nobody seemed to want it, I took it home, and"
"Owl," said Pooh solemnly, "you made a mistake. Somebody did want it."
"Who?"
"Eeyore. My dear friend Eeyore. He was--he was fond of it."
"Fond of it?"
"Attached to it," said Winnie-the-Pooh sadly.

So with these words he unhooked it, and carried it back to Eeyore; and when Christopher Robin had nailed it on its right place again, Eeyore frisked about the forest, waving his tail so happily that Winnie-the-Pooh came over all funny, and had to hurry home for a little snack of something to sustain him. And wiping his mouth half an hour afterwards, he sang to himself proudly:

Who found the Tail?
"I," said Pooh,
"At a quarter to two
(Only it was quarter to eleven really),
I found the Tail!"

Bobo
04-21-2006, 05:50 PM
Dude, every time I read one of your posts it sounds like it's being read by the voice of Eeyore from Winnie the Poo.
I try and try to make it stop, but it just won't... and it's funny every single time...

Somebody find Bobo's tail so we can nail it back on and he can be happy again...

So they went outside. And Pooh looked at the knocker and the notice below it, and he looked at the bell-rope and the notice below it, and the more he looked at the bell-rope, the more he felt that he had seen something like it, somewhere else, sometime before.
"Handsome bell-rope, isn't it?" said Owl.
Pooh nodded.
"It reminds me of something," he said, "but I can't think what. Where did you get it?"
"I just came across it in the Forest. It was hanging over a bush, and I thought at first somebody lived there, so I rang it, and nothing happened, and then I rang it again very loudly, and it came off in my hand, and as nobody seemed to want it, I took it home, and"
"Owl," said Pooh solemnly, "you made a mistake. Somebody did want it."
"Who?"
"Eeyore. My dear friend Eeyore. He was--he was fond of it."
"Fond of it?"
"Attached to it," said Winnie-the-Pooh sadly.

So with these words he unhooked it, and carried it back to Eeyore; and when Christopher Robin had nailed it on its right place again, Eeyore frisked about the forest, waving his tail so happily that Winnie-the-Pooh came over all funny, and had to hurry home for a little snack of something to sustain him. And wiping his mouth half an hour afterwards, he sang to himself proudly:

Who found the Tail?
"I," said Pooh,
"At a quarter to two
(Only it was quarter to eleven really),
I found the Tail!"

I don't see one bit of football relevance to this post. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Bobo
04-21-2006, 05:52 PM
Sounds to me like you are letting a football team define your life.

How does a statement of ambivalence indicate I am "letting a football team run my life?" If anything, it's just the opposite.

Bobo
04-21-2006, 05:53 PM
[QUOTE=Scooter]but as of right now, i'm playing madden constantly /QUOTE]

LOL!!!

Bobo
04-21-2006, 05:55 PM
NO REALLY?
If you love football you CAN NOT wait for a football season to start, I guess that shows how much football love you have.

LOL!!! If I didn't love football, I sure wouldn't have plopped down all that money for season tickets to watch a team that finished 2-14 last season and hired a coach green as grass. I believe somebody like that REALLY loves the game!

Bobo
04-21-2006, 05:58 PM
I felt that way after the draft last season. I have a little more optimism this season, but I expect our defense to be terrible. But at least we should be entertained with some offensive explosions. But if Carr doesnt play well, this is going to be another long season on both sides of the ball.

I have a lot. lot less optimism than last. I was very optimistic about this team slowly improving over the course of several seasons, but that hope has left me with the arrival of Kubiak and has left me totally ambivalent about this team.

Bobo
04-21-2006, 05:59 PM
Go back to the Titans board. They need more trolls.

This comment makes no sense. Why don't you go to the Titans board, seeing that you have Titans on your mind!!

Bobo
04-21-2006, 06:00 PM

Once again, a comment that makes no sense.

CoachJim
04-21-2006, 06:01 PM
How does a statement of ambivalence indicate I am "letting a football team run my life?" If anything, it's just the opposite.

Your life is running a football team? ... Cass, is that you?

Bobo
04-21-2006, 06:10 PM
Your life is running a football team? ... Cass, is that you?

Once again, you are making no sense.

Scooter
04-21-2006, 06:17 PM
i went 2 years on this one and atleast a year on the old forums, and for the first time had to put a poster on ignore. 'tis a sad day.

tsip
04-21-2006, 08:51 PM
This comment makes no sense. Why don't you go to the Titans board, seeing that you have Titans on your mind!!

...you're the one with 700 posts on the Titan site

jmerog
04-21-2006, 09:12 PM
...you're the one with 700 posts on the Titan site
Tsip- BoBo is a rash. dont argue with a fool. if you do, there's a chance on- lookers may not know the difference. i have been pulled in by him too. perhaps i should have listened to my own words.

Mr. White
04-22-2006, 12:14 AM
Once again, a comment that makes no sense.

Scroll up. Looks like it made sense to Scooter....

southtexan
04-22-2006, 01:31 AM
" I feel a strange sense of ambivalence"
Bobo, Bobo, Bobo......you just made me look up the word ambivalence in the dictionary.

Chato
04-22-2006, 02:48 PM
I have been going through withdrawls. The draft talk has me pumped too. I am going to the Katy Copperheads game to get a fixx. LOL

TEXANRED
04-22-2006, 05:56 PM
Really? Seriously? Thousands of people with the name BoBo? BooBoo maybe. To take a phrase from Tony Saprano-"I have a 135 I.Q. It's been tested."

I don't mind that your a Titan fan. I will trade barbs, shoot you down, and make fun of you and never ever tell you I am going to put you on ignore. Cus in the end, I know the lonely heartache doom gloom and dark cloud you sit under so long as your owner is Bud Adams. And you are the one who has to go to sleep with that every night. Don't think to yourself that he is old and will die someday soon cus I have been saying that for 20 years. So long as he has his cofin, sunscreen, and dirt from his native land, he will never ever die. Just like Mr. Burns.

Maddict5
04-22-2006, 06:39 PM
I know...the off-season is starting to get pretty drawn out..but then i think of how bad it will be after the draft when hardly anything will be happening..so im enjoying the pre-draft hype right now.

Also guys, just ignore BoBo-he's a pro-capers guy that just loves to screw up threads with controversial (dumb) statements, just to get a response...Scooter has the best solution of all^^^^ to his constant negativity to the new staff

Chato
04-23-2006, 05:37 PM
My friends and I had a great time at the Katy game. I even saw a small group of tailgaters set up in the lot. Their next game is on Sunday and I plan to go.

Samer
04-24-2006, 12:13 AM
I'll be more than excited, I am flying down from Canada to watch the game live as I do with every season opener

JAXwithanX
04-24-2006, 02:03 AM

I find it very hard to believe or perhaps i don't want to believe...that more than one person on the internet ever chose to go by 'Bobo'. And the coincidence that they are also a football fan of our closest 'rival' (sans the Cowboys) makes it pretty much impossible to believe. Your not fooling anyone.

But I am pretty pumped for the draft and of course the season. It's that promise of a better record that always keeps fans going....sort of like the Cubs but on an admittedly smaller scale.