PDA

View Full Version : Real Simple

texanskan
04-21-2006, 02:56 AM
At the end of the year are all the Carr haters gonna say I told you so!

Or are they gonna have to shut the hell up?

I think it will be 50-50 because Carr will have a good year but we will probally fall short of the playoffs for the fifth time in five years.

This will add fuel to the fire for the Carr haters so they can point out how this guy "is not a leader" or does not have "it"

On the other hand the Carr people will say look I told you so, "his numbers have improved and we will win a super bowl with him!"

SAMURAITEXAN
04-21-2006, 03:33 AM

I think it will be 50-50 because Carr will have a good year but we will probally fall short of the playoffs for the fifth time in five years.

This will add fuel to the fire for the Carr haters so they can point out how this guy "is not a leader" or does not have "it"

On the other hand the Carr people will say look I told you so, "his numbers have improved and we will win a super bowl with him!"
As long as we improve W to 7 or better, I'm happy.

Re: Carr
So far, Kubiak & CO. did pretty good job IMO. When Kubiak was OC for the broncos he did damn good job on Jake and if he sees Carr is the one to lead us to the utimate, it is fine with me. Not to mention Sherman as our OL coach and assistant to HC, you couldn't ask anymore of the right people than these two to run our offense. Heck I'm really excited about this coming season!!:yahoo:

HJam72
04-21-2006, 07:29 AM
I've been defending him, so the first time they win 8 games or more in one season I will start bashing Carr mercillessly. :)

thunderkyss
04-21-2006, 07:46 AM
There are many ProBowlers QBs that haven't won SuperBowls. In 2004, Carr had ProBowl numbers..... there were still people who were Vocal about his play.

Most people, don't blame Carr for our 2-14 record....... at least I don't.

If we pass on Vince Young, I won't say anything bad about Carr, unless Vince is a free Agent, or a prospect catches my eye in the college game, and we are in position to get him.

So we'll have what has come up here recently...... folks grabing my posts from the past, where I'm defending Carr, saying he isn't the problem. Trying to discredit my politicking for Vince.

Carr, to me...... is a stop gap kinda starter...... He can win us some games.... But if we get to the SuperBowl, then he'll be a role player in that. Much Like Ben Rothlisberger in SuperBowl XL, Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson........ and I'm fine with that, as long as we win a SuperBowl.

GrandPa
04-21-2006, 08:29 AM

It will not be the Carr haters that will be heard the loudest, because they will have been right...

It will be more the Carr apologists making still further excuses for his pathetic play...

With all the weapons available to him, if he is not a top 12 quarterback then he needs to go. Period...

A good quarterback would make very very dramatic advances this season...

Carr is not a good quarterback, so I expect moderate advances only...

He is and will be nothing more than a top 20 QB, no matter what tools he has on his side...

And ya'll will continue to make excuses for him like, new offense, new coach, new teammates, been sacked to much... yada yada yada...

The cream rises to the top, let this season be his last chance to shine or put him up there with likes of Harrington and Boller...

thunderkyss
04-21-2006, 08:44 AM
.....let this season be his last chance to shine or put him up there with likes of Harrington and Boller...

I've been trying to find it in the archives.... but couldn't. Most everyone was saying 2005 was his last chance......... no excuses....... sacks, injury, none..

but that's not the way it worked out.

Runner
04-21-2006, 08:48 AM
I've been trying to find it in the archives.... but couldn't. Most everyone was saying 2005 was his last chance......... no excuses....... sacks, injury, none..

but that's not the way it worked out.

The entire team was a mess last year. I find last season of very little use for evaluating any player, due to the team disintegration in addition to the individually broken parts.

Bobo
04-21-2006, 09:03 AM

You can say the same thing about the draft. No matter who the Texans take, there will be a whole lot of people who will be ticked off.

Bearfan Blue and Orange
04-21-2006, 09:15 AM
You can say the same thing about the draft. No matter who the Texans take, there will be a whole lot of people who will be ticked off.

I think people will be ticked off because they are emotional about their team.

I think the people that take a step back and look at the BIG picture may not be ticked off, maybe a little disappointed because they wanted to see "their guy" on their team. But if there is a better fit for an additional impact versus an impact and sliding a very good player aside that has produced or has the potential to produce with this new system, coaching staff, added players, and let's not forget NEW LIFE WITH AN ATTITUDE TO SUCCEED!!!

Honoring Earl 34
04-21-2006, 09:33 AM
The Texans went the route of re-signing Carr . This says the new Coach thinks he can win with a player we already have . A player who was the 1st player drafted in 2002 .

We now can draft the player who we deem the best prospect . Vince is not the best prospect ... he may not be the best at his position . After the many months of measuring and timing it seems Bush and Williams are the two best prospects . Either one of these players will play opening day . :redtowel:

tsip
04-21-2006, 10:47 AM
"In 2004, Carr had ProBowl numbers"

In most professions(jobs), a person is expected to get desired results on a consistent basis--getting good results half the time and bad results the other half won't work. Carr had more interceptions the last half of '04 than TD's, for example--does that mean the entire year was great? IMO, no. If the two halves had been reversed, with the 2nd half being better, I could buy into the good year assertion. Too, defending Carr by saying the competition was tougher the 2nd half, is actually saying that Carr can only put up good numbers against inferior teams. Is that a good opinion? For Carr to lead us anywhere close to the 'promise land,' IMO we need to expect him to succeed against all teams.

I've advocated for a long time getting Carr all the tools necessary to produce desired results on the field, and I think Kubiak is going to do that this year. Will that translate into better QB production consistently on the field? Let's hope we know that answer sooner than later because--until we do--we're going to go nowhere. I look forward to the day when Carr's performance on the field can be judged by results and not excuses!:yahoo:

thunderkyss
04-21-2006, 11:28 AM
I've advocated for a long time getting Carr all the tools necessary to produce desired results on the field, and I think Kubiak is going to do that this year. Will that translate into better QB production consistently on the field? Let's hope we know that answer sooner than later because--until we do--we're going to go nowhere. I look forward to the day when Carr's performance on the field can be judged by results and not excuses!:yahoo:

We will have 4 ProBowlers on the field when David Carr takes the field..... Quincy Carter could take that team to the SuperBowl, and give whoever a run for their money.

With, or without Reggie Bush.

TexanSam
04-21-2006, 02:47 PM

Here's how if I feel it will look like this time next year:

I think Carr will have his best season yet. He's going to throw about 25 TD's and 12 INTs. We won't make the playoffs though. We'll be in the hunt for most of the season, but ultimately we'll fall a game or two short, which is nothing to be discouraged about. Our team will have taken a dramatic step forward, and in 2007 we'll be primed to be a playoff team.

However, with us not making the playoffs and even though Carr had a good season, a few people will continue their whining saying "See! Carr couldn't get us to the playoffs even with all this talent!" They'll forget that it was his first year in a new and improved system. They'll forget that it's almost an entirely new lineup he'll be working with. They'll just be banging on David Carr because they wanted Vince Young.

One final prediction: Because we won't make the playoffs, there will still be a few people (thankfully they are a minority) who will say we would have made the playoffs with Vince Young guiding the team.

That's my prediction.

cuppacoffee
04-21-2006, 04:08 PM
We will have 4 ProBowlers on the field when David Carr takes the field..... Quincy Carter could take that team to the SuperBowl, and give whoever a run for their money.

With, or without Reggie Bush.
--------------------------------------:rofl:

TK...stop drinking the p.a water.:rolleyes:

I still get a good laugh at Jerruh with his move up to draft Quincy.. :)

:coffee:

tsip
04-21-2006, 04:22 PM
Here's how if I feel it will look like this time next year:

I think Carr will have his best season yet. He's going to throw about 25 TD's and 12 INTs. We won't make the playoffs though. We'll be in the hunt for most of the season, but ultimately we'll fall a game or two short, which is nothing to be discouraged about. Our team will have taken a dramatic step forward, and in 2007 we'll be primed to be a playoff team.

However, with us not making the playoffs and even though Carr had a good season, a few people will continue their whining saying "See! Carr couldn't get us to the playoffs even with all this talent!" They'll forget that it was his first year in a new and improved system. They'll forget that it's almost an entirely new lineup he'll be working with. They'll just be banging on David Carr because they wanted Vince Young.

One final prediction: Because we won't make the playoffs, there will still be a few people (thankfully they are a minority) who will say we would have made the playoffs with Vince Young guiding the team.

That's my prediction.

I disagree. If Carr plays well this year-regardless of the team record-I believe most posters will be happy with him and optimistic about the teams future. Remember, even after the horrendous '05 season, the 'Chicken Little's' did not come out of the 'woodwork' and try to rub anyone's nose in it--they showed a little 'class.' However, I do believe that if Carr performs poorly, his backers will continue to make excuses for him...let's hope for a great '06! Oh, almost forgot--who keeps bringing up Vince Young's name on every post??

swtbound07
04-21-2006, 04:26 PM
I disagree. If Carr plays well this year-regardless of the team record-I believe most posters will be happy with him and optimistic about the teams future. Remember, even after the horrendous '05 season, the 'Chicken Little's' did not come out of the 'woodwork' and try to rub anyone's nose in it--they showed a little 'class.' However, I do believe that if Carr performs poorly, his backers will continue to make excuses for him...let's hope for a great '06! Oh, almost forgot--who keeps bringing up Vince Young's name on every post??

I will root for carr for the next 16 games, and if he continues to play like a glorified high school freshman, i will continue to call him on it. Im not even all about the stats, which is why i wasnt over him after 2004, but i am about the WINS. he wins 6 or more games, I'll leave him alone.

Hardcore Texan
04-21-2006, 04:32 PM
I think Carr will have a very good season, and the "Carr Haters" won't be too upset, winning cures a lot of ills.

I don't think you can look at 2005 and say he was our weakest link, how can you when his protection was significantly worse than 2004. JMO :twocents:

One thing is for sure, time will only tell, and I think Kubiak is going to turn this thing around! :)

hollywood_texan
04-21-2006, 05:05 PM
Carr and the Texans needs to get started early. First 3 of 4 are at home, then with 6 of 8 on the road, and finally with 3 of 4 at home to close out the season.

Just looking at the schedule, they need to be at least 2-2 to start or they could be out of playoff contention early in the season because of the tough road games in the middle of the season. If they start 1-3, they will need to go 5-3 on that road stretch to be .500 for the last part of the season for the 3 out of 4 home stand to close out. They need to be at .500 at that part of the season to be in serious playoff contention.

As for Carr, the jury will always be out on this guy unless throws up Payton Manning numbers or wins a Super Bowl with his play and leadership. He has gotten by with 4 years of excuses, and I don't really see that changing at any point.

Wharton
04-21-2006, 06:34 PM
I admit it, I am a Carr hater.

I just don't think he has the skills needed to be a proficient NFL quarterback. Even so, I am giving him the benefit of the doubt and only expect to win 5 games next year and don't expect the first win until week 7 - 8. No matter what happens, we have to at least give DC and Kubes the first half of the season to get settled. The only thing I ask for is improvement. DC looked like a rookie last year (actually, I think he looked better his rookie season). By mid season, I expect him to look more like a mature quarterback then a chicken with its head cut off.

The best thing anyone, even his supporters, can say about DC is that he has allot of potential. That’s pretty weak for a quarterback going into his 5th year as starter. If I’m not excited about him being our quarterback by the end of the season, I think the Texans should consider him a bust.

I would warn many of you from getting too excited about this team. While I agree the Texans have made some good moves this off season, but we still have allot of holes in the o-line and defense.

outofhnd
04-21-2006, 06:48 PM
Well with Indy seemingly losing some firepower on both sides of the ball it opens the door for our Bitter rivals the jaguars to maybe become the team to beat in our division, however we have done a lot to improve our team with 0 distractions like in Tenn. I tend to think Indy falls off alot this year unless rhodes just really shows that he is a force.. I think the steelers and chargers revealed how to beat the colts, and that was constant pressure. Manning doesnt seem to have that favre like presence to deliver a perfect pass as he gets hit when he is about to get hit the passes seem to get errant, I think maybe he rushes his throw and loses some accuracy. I could see some really good texan jags games in the coming seasons. i think its a toss up between us and indy who ends up 2nd in the division, but niether team will have a wildcard, I think the wild card will be Miami or new england, then KC, Den or SD.

I think Carr improves dramatically in an offense that plays to his strengths, Throwing on the run and play action. especially if the line can adjust and protect him better. This helps because with weapons pther than AJ we can ad lib some busted plays and make something happen unlike last year when no one could step up and be someone carr could count on.

edo783
04-21-2006, 07:12 PM
The VY/UT crowd will NEVER be happy until Carrs head is on a burning stake outside of relient and VY has been crowned god and there is a temple built at Relient for them to worship at 24/7. No matter what Carr does they will whine and simper the whole season. They will make mountains out of mole hill issues and pitch a fit about them. Foutunatly, MOST Texans fans are not VY/UT acolytes and have more sense and perspective.

tsip
04-21-2006, 08:21 PM
The VY/UT crowd will NEVER be happy until Carrs head is on a burning stake outside of relient and VY has been crowned god and there is a temple built at Relient for them to worship at 24/7. No matter what Carr does they will whine and simper the whole season. They will make mountains out of mole hill issues and pitch a fit about them. Foutunatly, MOST Texans fans are not VY/UT acolytes and have more sense and perspective.

It's funny but the only posts lately about VY are from posters like you? What's up with that? And, what college did you go to that can match UT's excellence in athletics and academics? You know, life after the Young-Bush debates has started--feel free to join in!!!...geezzzzzzzzzzzz

FILO_girl
04-21-2006, 09:13 PM
Well with Indy seemingly losing some firepower on both sides of the ball it opens the door for our Bitter rivals the jaguars to maybe become the team to beat in our division, however we have done a lot to improve our team with 0 distractions like in Tenn. I tend to think Indy falls off alot this year unless rhodes just really shows that he is a force.. I think the steelers and chargers revealed how to beat the colts, and that was constant pressure. Manning doesnt seem to have that favre like presence to deliver a perfect pass as he gets hit when he is about to get hit the passes seem to get errant, I think maybe he rushes his throw and loses some accuracy. I could see some really good texan jags games in the coming seasons. i think its a toss up between us and indy who ends up 2nd in the division, but niether team will have a wildcard, I think the wild card will be Miami or new england, then KC, Den or SD.

I think Carr improves dramatically in an offense that plays to his strengths, Throwing on the run and play action. especially if the line can adjust and protect him better. This helps because with weapons pther than AJ we can ad lib some busted plays and make something happen unlike last year when no one could step up and be someone carr could count on.

I see the Jags as the leader of the AFC South this season too. I don't like it one bit, as to me they are our #1 rival. That said, we used to play them with an intensity that came out of nowhere (until last year). I wanna see that again. :) When we FINALLY take one from the Colts, it will be a thrill but not as good as the thrill we get from taking wins from the Jags. I don't get that jazzed over wins from the Titans, they are more like our deprived little sisters than rivals, at least to me. Titanrellas under the evil Step-Bud, if you will. :sos:

Still wayyyyy to early to comment on the progression of our team for the upcoming season, but alot of the changes look good to me. I am not a Carr-hater, more of a Carr doubter. I doubt we will see him be the QB we expected him to be in his 5th year, or 6th. Prove me wrong, Davy...I would love this premonition to be wrong. The ball is in your hands now.

Still don't understand the acquisition of Rosenfels....:confused:

HJam72
04-22-2006, 03:09 PM
When we FINALLY take one from the Colts, it will be a thrill but not as good as the thrill we get from taking wins from the Jags.

I think most would agree with you, but I think beating the Colts would be huge. I think part of the reason we don't take the losses to the Colts more seriously is because the fans haven't reached the point yet where they expect the Texans to really fight them for the win. I'll be really glad when they finally do and the fans start resenting any loss to the Colts the way they do to the Jags.

TEXANRED
04-22-2006, 05:36 PM
UT's excellence in athletics and academics?
Athletics yes................academics?:spy: Really depends on what school you are comparing UT to. If its North Harris Community College then ya UT has them beat hands down.

Unless of course you are talking about UT's imfamous party all night and puke in front of your dorm. That class is unmatched.

I am just kidding. I only kid cause it keeps me from crying.............
go aggies!

thunderkyss
04-24-2006, 09:08 AM
--------------------------------------:rofl:

TK...stop drinking the p.a water.

I still get a good laugh at Jerruh with his move up to draft Quincy.. :)

:redtowel:

I admit it, I am a Carr hater.

I just don't think he has the skills needed to be a proficient NFL quarterback.
I don't question his skills... as has been said, we haven't given him the time to use those skills. I question his mental fortitude. Sure, he doesn't complain about all the sacks he's taken, so he's mentally tough, I don't mind a guy running for his life, but David is running scared...... even if it's his own shadow.
Even so, I am giving him the benefit of the doubt and only expect to win 5 games next year and don't expect the first win until week 7 - 8.
Offensively, we're the shiznit. Especially with Reggi Bush on the field(if you guys are right). If we can be aggresive with the ball, and David's propensity to not throw interceptions..... I think we should be averaging 30 points or better......... if our D can get us a couple of stops, I think we can run the table.

Think about it, we have two #1 recievers on our team, both of them with pretty decent speed, both with good hands, and both can pick up lots of yards after the catch. then throw in Walter, Armstrong, or Mathis, that's a headache for any secondary. With those guys running deep routes, clearing the secondary, a good cut block here and there, a sweet lead block from the full back, and bam....... DD/Bush going for 20/80 yards.......

the greatest show on turf.......

I haven't seen David make too many bad throws.... I've never seen him miss a wide open reciever. The only way I can see us not scoring 30 points on avg, is if Kubiak is not as aggresive as he should be.... we should stretch the field on almost every play.... I understand we want to be a dominant run team, but with our personnell, I can't see how you wouldn't use the passing game to set up the run game. We've got an accurate QB, with a big arm, who doesn't make mistakes.

I'll be disappointed if this doesn't happen, but I won't be blaming David for anything I haven't blamed him for yet... he's got to see the second & third reciever. He's got to be able to pick up the blitz, and he's got to learn on someplays, he's got to throw the ball on time. 3 steps, the ball is out of his hands.... whether it's to a reciever on the field, or in the stands. Do not take that sack.
Well with Indy seemingly losing some firepower on both sides of the ball it opens the door for our Bitter rivals the jaguars to maybe become the team to beat in our division,
If the Colts have lost the ability to score 30 points a game, I think we are the team to beat...... bold statement, I know... but think about it.

I think the steelers and chargers revealed how to beat the colts, and that was constant pressure. Manning doesnt seem to have that favre like presence to deliver a perfect pass as he gets hit when he is about to get hit the passes seem to get errant, I think maybe he rushes his throw and loses some accuracy.
Pittsburgh and SanDiego has two things that made that work for them. Great coverage, and a great pass rush. Palomalu(sp) was flying out of the backfield, he could be 10 yards off the LOS before the snap, then in the backfield before manninng could look down field.... amazing...... not too many teams can do that... they can try, and Peyton will beat them.

I could see some really good texan jags games in the coming seasons. i think its a toss up between us and indy who ends up 2nd in the division, but niether team will have a wildcard, I think the wild card will be Miami or new england, then KC, Den or SD.
This league is so Topsy Turvy, it's really difficult to predict this far out. Cincy in the Playoffs, SanDiego out......... who knew??

It'd be nice, if those were Carr's strengths, but I've seen nothing to prove he throws well on the run, or that adlibbing is something he should do more of. With this O, he's better off dumping it off to the safety valve, or throwing it away, and regrouping.

Texas
04-24-2006, 09:43 AM
Is he a bust? We dont know. The fact is the team has been a bust for 5 years. This year we have all the essentials needed to do some winning. If it doesnt happen this year and it is the offenses fault then start blaming carr. Until then :ok:

tsip
04-24-2006, 11:58 AM
Athletics yes................academics?:spy: Really depends on what school you are comparing UT to. If its North Harris Community College then ya UT has them beat hands down.

Unless of course you are talking about UT's imfamous party all night and puke in front of your dorm. That class is unmatched.

I am just kidding. I only kid cause it keeps me from crying.............
go aggies!

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/college/rankings/brief/natudoc/tier1/t1natudoc_brief.php

...so, where is your school on this list of both the best 120 public/private US Universities? UT-Austin is 52!!!...just wish posters either knew what they were talking about and could back up their 'cute' statements with facts!!:brickwall

cuppacoffee
04-24-2006, 01:14 PM
http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/college/rankings/brief/natudoc/tier1/t1natudoc_brief.php

...so, where is your school on this list of both the best 120 public/private US Universities? UT-Austin is 52!!!...just wish posters either knew what they were talking about and could back up their 'cute' statements with facts!!:brickwall

Wow, your cheerleaders can learn a new chant

"we're number 52"

Sippers should be proud of that (almost) middle of the road ranking..:whoohoo:

tsip
04-24-2006, 01:41 PM
Wow, your cheerleaders can learn a new chant

"we're number 52"

Sippers should be proud of that (almost) middle of the road ranking..:whoohoo:

yeah, 52 out of 1000's of schools--too, many of the schools ahead of UT are private schools, which means UT's ranking among public schools is even higher...so, bright guy, where does your college rank? You forgot to mention that...and, for the 'maroon' haters/bashers, the Aggies are in the top 120 also.:yahoo:

TwinSisters
04-24-2006, 02:05 PM
As for Carr, the jury will always be out on this guy unless throws up Payton Manning numbers or wins a Super Bowl with his play and leadership. He has gotten by with 4 years of excuses, and I don't really see that changing at any point.

I don't think Carr has to put up Manning like numbers to avoid the heat, but he does have to be better or on par with Carson Palmer.

Palmer is not putting up gawdy Peyton numbers, but he is winning and his team has a shot at taking the Lombardi. That I believe is the goal for every season, having a legit shot at winning the Super Bowl.

this article was pretty neat
http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/football/nfl/oakland_raiders/14408858.htm

``More college teams are throwing the ball these days, and so many guys look like pro quarterbacks. Then they get to the next level, and it doesn't pan out for them,'' Hall of Famer Dan Fouts said.

``But it's not just the position of quarterback, it's starting quarterback. A lot of guys are journeymen.''

and

``There are 32 teams in the league. I'll bet you 25 of them have a quarterback issue,'' Buffalo General Manager Marv Levy told Sports Illustrated recently. ``Unless you've got Peyton Manning, you've got a quarterback issue.''

Clearly, the quarterback camps haven't produced more NFL-caliber passers. The position requires toughness, intelligence and competitiveness, ``and you can't teach those things at any level,'' Cal Coach Jeff Tedford said.

---

Carr has the toughness, no doubt about it! The stats don't even tell the whole story. TV hides half of it too, because the cameras follow the ball. I wish I could see the stat for the QB that got hit the most: including sacks and the pounding taken after the ball's release.

I wager Carr has HOF numbers in that category

---

On why you have to pay attention to Carr's coaching:

``As much discrepancy as there is in talent on the field, there is in coaching,'' said Rich Gannon, the former Raiders All-Pro.

``I've seen some offensive coordinators come unglued. They're no different than a third-grader who wets himself in the school play and can't remember the next line.''

``In my first six years, I had four head coaches and six coordinators, and not one of them had an offense,'' said Fouts, who played for San Diego. ``Then Don Coryell comes in, and it's manna from heaven. If he hadn't gotten there, I would have been a nobody.''

I am hoping Kubiak is manna... I have a feeling Kubiak is manna.

thunderkyss
04-24-2006, 02:25 PM
I like manna

infantrycak
04-24-2006, 02:32 PM
I don't think Carr has to put up Manning like numbers to avoid the heat, but he does have to be better or on par with Carson Palmer.

Palmer is not putting up gawdy Peyton numbers, but he is winning and his team has a shot at taking the Lombardi. That I believe is the goal for every season, having a legit shot at winning the Super Bowl.

They are a lot closer than you think:

Carson Palmer 3836 yds, 32 TD's, 12 INT's, 101.1 QB rating
Peyton Manning 3747 yds, 28 TD's, 10 INT's, 104.1 QB rating

cuppacoffee
04-24-2006, 02:34 PM
yeah, 52 out of 1000's of schools--too, many of the schools ahead of UT are private schools, which means UT's ranking among public schools is even higher...so, bright guy, where does your college rank? You forgot to mention that...and, for the 'maroon' haters/bashers, the Aggies are in the top 120 also.:yahoo:

So nice of you to ask:

Quoting your own source. (http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/college/directory/brief/drglance_1840_brief.php)

Now, would you like to discuss TU's abysmal student athlete graduation rate?

It's almost middle of the road also.

tsip
04-24-2006, 02:47 PM
"Now, would you like to discuss TU's abysmal student athlete graduation rate?"

...that's ok, but I think the Irish got a 'great' Coach in Charlie Weiss--met him in NO when the Pats won the SB, very nice family man/down to earth...

cuppacoffee
04-24-2006, 03:16 PM
"Now, would you like to discuss TU's abysmal student athlete graduation rate?"

...that's ok, but I think the Irish got a 'great' Coach in Charlie Weiss--met him in NO when the Pats won the SB, very nice family man/down to earth...

Mack Brown is doing a good job of improving those graduation rates, in addition to winning the NC.

Couple of more years maybe Charlie will get the Irish competitive enough to play for the NC again.

Now back to the Texans..:)

TwinSisters
04-24-2006, 03:32 PM
They are a lot closer than you think:

Carson Palmer 3836 yds, 32 TD's, 12 INT's, 101.1 QB rating
Peyton Manning 3747 yds, 28 TD's, 10 INT's, 104.1 QB rating

Yeah that's right.. or no that's not what I think. No... wait. :)

I will make a little adjustment on the fly. I was thinking more about Peyton's 49 TD season and the string of 4000+ yrd seasons he put together ( to define Peyton gawdy ).