PDA

View Full Version : I dont fear our opening games, sure their tough, BUT!

[[Gary Kubiak]]
04-20-2006, 12:14 AM
For the first time in four years, I really think we can duke it out with ANY, I mean ANY team in this league. We have the weapons now (even without the draft picks) and the coaching to do it. The only X-factor now is the defense. Come on people! Jump on the Hawk, M.Williams and Daquell Jackson band Wagon!

Roughnecks
04-20-2006, 12:19 AM
I all for M. Williams if we trade down it all starts up front pressure the QB and our Linebackers should be allright. I am hoping PB steps up next year but I would get one in the draft in case he does not I am all for some smash mouth football on the D side of the ball.

Roughnecks
04-20-2006, 12:22 AM
Agreed

Roughnecks
04-20-2006, 12:25 AM
If he does step up what a lift but we need to get another in the draft I might be wrong but he is in the last year of his contract so we need some one to fill in next year I do not see us signing this guy next year unless it is for way less.

TheTim5125
04-20-2006, 12:29 AM
i think switching to the 4-3 defense will help us stop the run and get more pressure on the qb.. we do need secondary help

kiwitexansfan
04-20-2006, 12:49 AM
Did I or did I not read somewhere that Kubiak was high on P-Buc??

he would of seen him twice a year since he came into the league so perhaps Kubiak figures he knows how to use him.

Also if our front 7 improves we won't be needing our DB's to be run stuffers therefore limiting P-Buc's missed tackles. After all Deion Sanders couldn't tackle and he was one of the greats.

Scott D
04-20-2006, 02:04 AM
Did I or did I not read somewhere that Kubiak was high on P-Buc??

he would of seen him twice a year since he came into the league so perhaps Kubiak figures he knows how to use him.

Also if our front 7 improves we won't be needing our DB's to be run stuffers therefore limiting P-Buc's missed tackles. After all Deion Sanders couldn't tackle and he was one of the greats.

I think you're right. I too saw something about it too.

Coach C.
04-20-2006, 09:28 AM
Kubiak I am with you again. That is just solid thinking. Not only it is the best place to spend our money as far as setting the team up finacially long term v performance, but it will make us competitive in any game. There is no way Chicago should have been competitive last year, they are a really bad team, but that defense got scary and made it happen. I want that. I have been and will be until we pick Bush on the Mario Williams train.

touttail
04-20-2006, 09:50 AM
Even though I was ridiculed for saying this on another thread, i am very excited about our team and coaches. The draft will be "even mo betta!"

At least we know we will have a decent chance without a very conservative playbook!!!!

Yes we are still weak in some areas, but at least we may have a chance to run with the big dogs!

Bobby 119C:yahoo:

hollywood_texan
04-20-2006, 01:15 PM
Kubiak I am with you again. That is just solid thinking. Not only it is the best place to spend our money as far as setting the team up finacially long term v performance, but it will make us competitive in any game. There is no way Chicago should have been competitive last year, they are a really bad team, but that defense got scary and made it happen. I want that. I have been and will be until we pick Bush on the Mario Williams train.

Chicago is in one of the easier divisions. Chicago and Tampa Bay, the teams in the NFC North with winning records, got about half of their wins from their division cellar dwellers. Teams play a little more than a third of their schedule against division opponents.

Kubiak has his a lot of work to do.

It would be nice this year to place Green Bay and Detroit twice, but we don't have that luxury.

Texans Horror
04-20-2006, 02:16 PM
Even though I was ridiculed for saying this on another thread, i am very excited about our team and coaches. The draft will be "even mo betta!"

At least we know we will have a decent chance without a very conservative playbook!!!!

Yes we are still weak in some areas, but at least we may have a chance to run with the big dogs!

Bobby 119C:yahoo:

Even without draft prospects, the team and coaches look much now than they did Dec. 31 of last year (when we still had Capers and crew). Upgraded players, upgraded coaching. I am not ready to board the train for a winning season, but I think the Texans will at least be competitive in all the games.