PDA

View Full Version : LORD help us!

hellojohnnyboi
04-13-2006, 02:07 PM
JAMMAL LORD!

we could use him right now at the S position more than we could have used dave ragone at QB last year!

PERSONAL: Single, now resides in Houston…attended Bayonne (NJ) High School, continuing a long line of standout Huskers from New Jersey…rushed for 1,306 yards on 156 carries as a senior with 12 TDs…also completed 22 of 41 passes for 360 yards and four TDs…rushed for 956 yards and threw for 160 yards junior season in an offense that featured a 1,600-yard tailback…earned first-team all-state honors as a defensive back and was Hudson City Back of the Year…three-year starter at point guard in basketball, averaging 18 points and seven assists per game as a senior…born Jammal Alberto Lord in Brooklyn, N.Y.

i think we should give jammal a shot!

if not, he should atleast be in future plans!

PRO: Converted college quarterback who gave the Texans depth in the secondary as a rookie…terrific athlete with quick feet…spent most of last season on the practice squad…originally drafted by Houston in the sixth round (175th overall) of the 2004 NFL Draft.

why not?

Texas
04-13-2006, 02:11 PM
I completely agree...I think he has the potential to be a starter here.

Meloy
04-13-2006, 02:31 PM
I liked Lord but was pretty happy with CC Brown & Glenn Earl for the most part.

the wonger need food
04-13-2006, 02:33 PM
He is getting a shot. I think he might get a look at WR also. Could be our Randle-El type guy on trick plays.

DRAMA
04-13-2006, 03:39 PM
That title is deceiving. I thought we signed our Lord and Savior as a free safety.

Jesus Christ
PERSONAL: Single, now resides in Heaven…attended Jerusalem Temple, continuing a long line of Biblical heroes. Distinguished as Son of God.…fasted for 40 days and 40 nights as a 30 year old…also completed 1111 of 1111 passes for 111,111 yards and 1,111 TDs - completion percentage was PERFECT…earned first-team all-universe honors as a healer and savior…33 year starter at being 'God-in-the-Flesh' Runs the fastest 40 time on record, has never allowed a TD unless they truly repented, and has forgiven every teammate who has commited a penalty. The ultimate teammate and consumate professional. Has the ability to be a homerun threat even moreso that Reggie Bush and actually has better field vision, as he appears to be able to 'see' the whole planet. Can lineup at multiple positions amazingly at the same time and has a knack for pulling in the 'miracle' catch.

Projected: #1 overall

RB5
04-13-2006, 03:52 PM
Lord looks like a safety and one that can hit too. I got to go to the Texans Journalism workshop and see the practice up close. From what I remember (it's been 2 years), he had real good size and I was impressed with his speed during the drills. We interviewed D-Rob one year and Carr the next plus CC and McNair. Good stuff.

Definitely wouldn't mind seeing Lord get a look.

HJam72
04-13-2006, 04:19 PM
That title is deceiving. I thought we signed our Lord and Savior as a free safety.

Jesus Christ
PERSONAL: Single, now resides in Heaven…attended Jerusalem Temple, continuing a long line of Biblical heroes. Distinguished as Son of God.…fasted for 40 days and 40 nights as a 30 year old…also completed 1111 of 1111 passes for 111,111 yards and 1,111 TDs - completion percentage was PERFECT…earned first-team all-universe honors as a healer and savior…33 year starter at being 'God-in-the-Flesh' Runs the fastest 40 time on record, has never allowed a TD unless they truly repented, and has forgiven every teammate who has commited a penalty. The ultimate teammate and consumate professional. Has the ability to be a homerun threat even moreso that Reggie Bush and actually has better field vision, as he appears to be able to 'see' the whole planet. Can lineup at multiple positions amazingly at the same time and has a knack for pulling in the 'miracle' catch.

Wow, has he been tested for steiroids? :)

Hookem Horns
04-13-2006, 04:29 PM
I thought this was going to be another rah, rah, Reggie Bush is god thread.

Texan in Japan
04-13-2006, 04:54 PM
I was thinking Lord should at least get a look at FS. His size, speed and athletic ability warrant consideration. It's whether he has the instincts and puts forth the effort to learn the position at the NFL-level.

Porky
04-13-2006, 05:48 PM

Jesus Christ

Hilarious. Good stuff. :redtowel:

kiwitexansfan
04-13-2006, 06:58 PM
He is getting a shot. I think he might get a look at WR also. Could be our Randle-El type guy on trick plays.

Is this just a hunch about him getting a look at WR, or is do you have an ear to the ground?

We seem to have quite a few project WR's already, Starling, Morgan, Mathis....

the wonger need food
04-13-2006, 07:10 PM
Is this just a hunch about him getting a look at WR, or is do you have an ear to the ground?

We seem to have quite a few project WR's already, Starling, Morgan, Mathis....

Just a hunch really...

dwilt72
04-14-2006, 05:19 PM
Jesus Christ

Hilliarous! You only left out one things...walks (or runs) on water. Could be a valuable asset when playing road games in Miami or Seattle!

phan1
04-14-2006, 08:17 PM
I think there's a good reason he's always been on the practice squad... I don't expect him to be a starting player anytime soon.

Kaiser Toro
04-14-2006, 08:49 PM

Jesus Christ

Golf clap, well done. So we have gone from RB/VY debates to RB/JC debates. Call me crazy but I will take the son of God over a once in a generation back any day. Moreover, JC would not petition the NFL for a number.

Wow it feels pretty good to be on the side of JC to prove my point. I can see how people get all bowed up.

Trap_Star
04-14-2006, 09:00 PM

Jesus Christ

What did he score on the WONDERLIC???:spy:

swtbound07
04-15-2006, 03:54 AM
Golf clap, well done. So we have gone from RB/VY debates to RB/JC debates. Call me crazy but I will take the son of God over a once in a generation back any day. Moreover, JC would not petition the NFL for a number.

Wow it feels pretty good to be on the side of JC to prove my point. I can see how people get all bowed up.

Yeah, but he has a tendency to get nailed on the cross-ing patterns.....did i take the joke too far?

Malloy
04-15-2006, 09:01 AM
Wow, has he been tested for steiroids? :)

I'm sure he sold his soul to the devil for those abilities ;)

DRAMA
04-15-2006, 12:10 PM
Yeah, but he has a tendency to get nailed on the cross-ing patterns.....did i take the joke too far?

I can only remember that 'one' time...and they all said it would take a miracle for Him to come back from that one. I guess He had faith... :)

PapaL
04-15-2006, 12:12 PM
What did he score on the WONDERLIC???:spy:

Does it come in Hebrew?

mexican_texan
04-15-2006, 04:16 PM
Does it come in Hebrew?
That would be Aramaic.

I think he scored an infinity.

Trap_Star
04-15-2006, 06:32 PM
they tested negative on him but they dont know is that he is taking HGH instead.`:rolleyes:

He might be using the "WIZZINATOR".:spy: ...

WILLIEG
04-16-2006, 12:54 AM
This guy has the size and speed to play the position. He ran in the 4.3's in combine. Just because he was on the PS the last 2 years doesn't mean he can't play the position. It's not like we had a bunch of great coaches and all. Sometimes I really believe that a little politics are envolved in the decision of who is starting and who's ridding the pine. But know that we have GK there are going to be some hard looks at anyone that can play than some of the favoratism that had been given by pre GK era.

hellojohnnyboi
04-25-2006, 10:19 PM
i think Jammal has a great shot of being the number 2 fs off the bench

i think cc brown might fold later in the season which will put JL ahead on depth chart

JAMMAL LORD IS AN ATHLETE!