PDA

View Full Version : Were we blessed!

Ibar_Harry
04-11-2006, 06:55 PM
Its kind of funny, because we started out seeking the WR who went to the Titans. He was using us, but he was really interested in the money. Everyone was worried and unhappy that we lost the guy.

The next guy to appear on the radar screen was Burlleson who was young and wanted the money. Appeared to be in the middle of a fight between the Vikings and the Seahawks. He eventually got a lot of money from the Seahawks.

Then along came Moulds and Casserly and company jumped at the opportunity. They should have and they did. He is intelligent, has a very fine reputation as a reciever, has a good work ethic, has been to 4 pro bowls, has worked out a lot with JR, and brings a solid vetern leadership to the WR coor. Now who do you think got the best deal by far? Yea, you got it, the TEXANS.

I may be wrong, but I think the good Lord and patience gave us the best of the lot. He's no TO, but we didn't want a TO. From our perspective he might be better than TO. I am really impressed with the gentleman and how he presents himself. I mentioned in the long post may be we needed to show him a little love. It looks like we did and he recognized it. Too bad for Philly in that regard. He thought we ment what we said. I think he means what he said to. That is just sit back folks and wait for the ride to begin. I think we have picked up some real hungry intelligent guys who are going to put the past way behind us. GOOO TEXXXXAAAANSSSSSS.

The Dude Abides
04-11-2006, 07:48 PM
Do you really think that "the good lord" is a Texans fan?

Well if he is, he's not on any bandwagon.

mexican_texan
04-11-2006, 07:55 PM
Well, the Saints need all the help they can get...They do need a new LB...

hollywood_texan
04-11-2006, 08:28 PM
Its kind of funny, because we started out seeking the WR who went to the Titans. He was using us, but he was really interested in the money. Everyone was worried and unhappy that we lost the guy.

The next guy to appear on the radar screen was Burlleson who was young and wanted the money. Appeared to be in the middle of a fight between the Vikings and the Seahawks. He eventually got a lot of money from the Seahawks.

Then along came Moulds and Casserly and company jumped at the opportunity. They should have and they did. He is intelligent, has a very fine reputation as a reciever, has a good work ethic, has been to 4 pro bowls, has worked out a lot with JR, and brings a solid vetern leadership to the WR coor. Now who do you think got the best deal by far? Yea, you got it, the TEXANS.

I may be wrong, but I think the good Lord and patience gave us the best of the lot. He's no TO, but we didn't want a TO. From our perspective he might be better than TO. I am really impressed with the gentleman and how he presents himself. I mentioned in the long post may be we needed to show him a little love. It looks like we did and he recognized it. Too bad for Philly in that regard. He thought we ment what we said. I think he means what he said to. That is just sit back folks and wait for the ride to begin. I think we have picked up some real hungry intelligent guys who are going to put the past way behind us. GOOO TEXXXXAAAANSSSSSS.

With Moulds you have ask two questions.

1. Does he fit the system Kubiak is starting?

2. Can he provide the production required of a #2 WR and take the coverage emphasis off off Andre Johnson?

I think #1 is definitely yes. However, #2 isn't so easy. Yes, Moulds had a great career at Buffalo, but no one else really seemed interested in him until he got cut. There were reports Philadelphia was interested but you really can't rely on those type of reports to guage the market. If you recall, there were similar reports of Washington being interested in Buchanon before we traded for him, and they were really just hyped up.

Moulds may have his best years behind and may not provide the production we hope for.

We shall see early in the season because I think if things don't get cookin' quick, that long road game stretch could spell big trouble and us looking at another high draft pick.

Ghetto D
04-11-2006, 09:12 PM

Would that also make "the good lord" anti-Bills? Why wouldn't he prefer the Cowboys who built a stadium custom tailored for his/her/its viewing pleasure? Is he pulling a "Job" (the person not the noun) on us with that 2-14 season?

Man, this brings up so many more interesting questions beyond this EMo thing.

Texas
04-11-2006, 09:48 PM
You cant pray in a greedy manner. God takes no sides.

infantrycak
04-11-2006, 09:58 PM
2. Can he provide the production required of a #2 WR and take the coverage emphasis off off Andre Johnson?

I think #1 is definitely yes. However, #2 isn't so easy.

I don't see how this can be a serious question. Moulds has just finished 10 years in the league as a #1 WR with multiple pro-bowl performances and consistantly drawing double teams and enabling their #2 to excel. Last year he had 81 receptions (good for 15th in the league) despite consistant double teams and playing for the 29th passing offense with a QB controversy. In 2004 (the last year for a declining Drew Bledsoe) he had 88 receptions (good for 10th in the league. The answer is a resounding yes that he can be a #2 here in Houston. The fact that fans aren't privy to all the phone calls and interest level discussions of league members is a pretty thin reason to think otherwise.

TexansFanatic
04-11-2006, 10:41 PM
Does "the good lord" cause fumbles or only help in recovering fumbles?

mexican_texan
04-11-2006, 11:11 PM
Does "the good lord" cause fumbles or only help in recovering fumbles?
no, that's just David Carr's butterfingers. BTW, I don't know when I turned into a Carr-basher. I guess I'm waiting for a QB named John Byke.

Bobo
04-12-2006, 12:05 AM

James 4:3 -- "Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss ..."

Hardcore Texan
04-12-2006, 12:12 AM
You cant pray in a greedy manner. God takes no sides.

I like that, good post.

And alot of people need to unclench a little bit.

Ibar_Harry
04-12-2006, 12:49 AM
I guess my point is for a change may be we did got the best deal. I personally feel that is the case without a doubt. We certainly have had our fair share of misery. I guess you would say we are do some favors, but perhaps we earned them.

I think this one trade is going to pay very large dividends. I can't wait for TC and the minicamps. What I hope to hear is that our receivers and Carr are clicking on all cylinders.

All of the people we have picked up seem to have a very good work ethic. That seems to fit the Kubiak mold. It will be interesting to see if Kubiak himself gets out there and begins to throw a few balls. He wasn't bad in his day. He certainly can demonstrate want he wants.

tulexan
04-12-2006, 01:37 AM
I'm a little confused, is the title supposed to be "Were we Blessed?" or "We were Blessed!"? Because the current title is a little confusing.

Bobo
04-12-2006, 02:27 AM
All of the people we have picked up seem to have a very good work ethic. That seems to fit the Kubiak mold. It will be interesting to see if Kubiak himself gets out there and begins to throw a few balls. He wasn't bad in his day. He certainly can demonstrate want he wants.

A.) Please site source for this "work ethic" thing. B.) Please site source for Kubiak's dedication to work ethic. I don't see anything here that any other NFL coach doesn't have. C.) Kubiak was a good second string QB, but he was a backup.

HJam72
04-12-2006, 04:06 AM
I sure hope God is NOT a Texans fan, because we just had a 2-14 season. :cool:

jdog
04-12-2006, 11:25 AM
With Moulds you have ask two questions.

1. Does he fit the system Kubiak is starting?

I think #1 is definitely yes. However, #2 isn't so easy. Yes, Moulds had a great career at Buffalo, but no one else really seemed interested in him until he got cut. There were reports Philadelphia was interested but you really can't rely on those type of reports to guage the market. If you recall, there were similar reports of Washington being interested in Buchanon before we traded for him, and they were really just hyped up.

Moulds may have his best years behind and may not provide the production we hope for.

We shall see early in the season because I think if things don't get cookin' quick, that long road game stretch could spell big trouble and us looking at another high draft pick.

I believe Moulds was a great #1 about three seasons back. Then Evans was faster and Bledsoe was sucking it up. Moulds had an injury. Moulds came back from injury, and Losman sucked it up. I'm thinking for a #2 he will rock no doubt.

bigTEXan8
04-12-2006, 11:33 AM
I sure hope God is NOT a Texans fan, because we just had a 2-14 season. :cool:

Sometimes you need to suffer. It's God's will. But I think the 2-14 season last year was just a sense of God's humor. You know he has a sense of humor anyway, I mean c'mon...the platypus.

Texas
04-12-2006, 12:02 PM
Yea I mean look what he did to you :yahoo:

Bearfan Blue and Orange
04-12-2006, 12:13 PM
A.) Please site source for this "work ethic" thing. B.) Please site source for Kubiak's dedication to work ethic. I don't see anything here that any other NFL coach doesn't have. C.) Kubiak was a good second string QB, but he was a backup.

To JOHN ELWAY!!! Fool

thunderkyss
04-12-2006, 12:22 PM
I don't see how this can be a serious question. Moulds has just finished 10 years in the league as a #1 WR with multiple pro-bowl performances and consistantly drawing double teams and enabling their #2 to excel. Last year he had 81 receptions (good for 15th in the league) despite consistant double teams and playing for the 29th passing offense with a QB controversy. In 2004 (the last year for a declining Drew Bledsoe) he had 88 receptions (good for 10th in the league. The answer is a resounding yes that he can be a #2 here in Houston. The fact that fans aren't privy to all the phone calls and interest level discussions of league members is a pretty thin reason to think otherwise.

another good post by infantrycak........ Moulds will more than likely have us wondering who is really our #1 at the end of the season. I love AJ, don't get me wrong, but we've got two legit #1s starting for us....... where some teams like the Cowboys had two #2s, and Philly doesn't have a #1 at all.

I'm glad we didn't pay Givens the money he wanted........ I'm glad we didn't pay Givens the money we wanted to. I don't care who Kubiak is/was, but that is a lot of money to pay a guy like Givens when we have a guy with near identicle numbers that we didn't think twice about letting go.

Then we got Moulds for less money to boot......

I guess my point is for a change may be we did got the best deal. I personally feel that is the case without a doubt. We certainly have had our fair share of misery. I guess you would say we are do some favors, but perhaps we earned them.

This deal to get EM may be the best deal we've got to date......... but it's kinda hard to say really. We did pick up DD for a #4 pick, that's got to be up there somewhere. And all the other FA that we've signed through the last 4 years, some didn't pan out........ but that may very well have been due to the Coaching staff..... I honestly don't know why they did some of the things they did with the people we had.......

HJam72
04-12-2006, 04:20 PM
Sometimes you need to suffer. It's God's will. But I think the 2-14 season last year was just a sense of God's humor. You know he has a sense of humor anyway, I mean c'mon...the platypus.

Sure hope it doesn't last 40 yrs. :brickwall

mexican_texan
04-12-2006, 04:24 PM
what are you talking about? Those little guys are PIMPIN'.

http://microscope.mbl.edu/baypaul/microscope/talks/biogeography/platypus.gif

You don't know success until you know failure. The mountain top means nothing if you've never been in a valley.

GP
04-12-2006, 04:44 PM

Since I'm the only one who hasn't blocked Bobo...you can see what he said in this thread.

In a thread I created about a week ago, I put out a FACT (a news article) that nfl.com did about 2 or 3 years ago, which was on Kubiak and how well he works with the offense...especially the QB (Griese at the time). It was a very in-depth article with great insight into why Kubiak is so successful.

But Bobo continues to act like Kubiak is a guy we plucked out of some junior college, someone who isn't savvy to the NFL. It's just more trolling, and he only cares about getting a rise out of people by continuing to flame other posters. His neglect of the very "facts" he requires of other posters is appalling. I do the homework, put out the link for the news article, and I doubt he even read the dadgum thing. And IF he did, then he's got some sort of issue with reality that none of us will ever be able to understand, nor help him with. It just gets sooooooooo old having to do this.

Here's the article again in case anyone wants to see why Kubiak was chosen as our head coach (No need to read it, Bobo):

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/DEN/5701519

thunderkyss
04-12-2006, 05:28 PM
Since I'm the only one who hasn't blocked Bobo...you can see what he said in this thread.

In a thread I created about a week ago, I put out a FACT (a news article) that nfl.com did about 2 or 3 years ago, which was on Kubiak and how well he works with the offense...especially the QB (Griese at the time). It was a very in-depth article with great insight into why Kubiak is so successful.

But Bobo continues to act like Kubiak is a guy we plucked out of some junior college, someone who isn't savvy to the NFL. It's just more trolling, and he only cares about getting a rise out of people by continuing to flame other posters. His neglect of the very "facts" he requires of other posters is appalling. I do the homework, put out the link for the news article, and I doubt he even read the dadgum thing. And IF he did, then he's got some sort of issue with reality that none of us will ever be able to understand, nor help him with. It just gets sooooooooo old having to do this.

Here's the article again in case anyone wants to see why Kubiak was chosen as our head coach (No need to read it, Bobo):

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/DEN/5701519

In all honesty, Bobo's got a point...... well, every reason to be skeptical. Just because Kubiak had a succesful system, and Denver is known for their running game, doesn't mean he'll be a successfull head coach. For one thing, is that his system, or just a system he knows well?? Was it Shanahan that said this is what I want, this is what you need these guys to do....... no, you don't want a guy like that, take this one.

Dallas had bad, bad luck with new HeadCoaches....... Campo, Gailey, and Bary Switzer.. they weren't walkins off the street. Every one of those guys came from successful systems....... they were all a big part of that successful system.

Me, I'm all for taking succesful guys like Kubiak and making them head coaches, especially if they had a staff under them, those guys were succesful, and if one of those guys chooses to follow him, then I feel a lot more comfortable with him as a head coach. Player like JP comes over, no questions asked, don't even entertain other offers........... I'm feeling real good.

But I canunderstand Bobo......... except that we had a guy who was successful as an NFL coach, and that didn't work out too well either. And just like players hit FA for a reason, I think there are reasons head coaches are out of a job....... and usually it isn't a good reason.

thunderkyss
04-13-2006, 11:06 AM
I talked to God, and she thinks Carr is hot! We're goin' to the Super Bowl!!!!!

I know you're lying.

:redtowel:

TEXANRED
04-13-2006, 11:27 AM
Yes I do.

2-14 ment: No more Capers, no more Palmer, no more Pendry, no more Fagio, hopefully soon to be no more Casserly.

Hired Kubiack, hired Shermon. Got the overall first so we can take a "Once in a lifetime player", Reggie Bush. Have the first pick in everyround. Have two consecutive third round picks. Found our #2 and #3 receivers for our 7th and 5th round picks.

You have to look at the bigger picture. Everything happens for a reason.

Meloy
04-13-2006, 02:34 PM
Do you really think that "the good lord" is a Texans fan? Yes He is! He mentioned that to me just the other day when I said "Oh, Lord! please get me out of this one..." I know that historically most nations went to war just knowing He was on their side, so I can imagine He likes sports almost as much as war... and looking at last year, it looked like the Texans were losing a war.

Meloy
04-13-2006, 02:44 PM
what are you talking about? Those little guys are PIMPIN'.

http://microscope.mbl.edu/baypaul/microscope/talks/biogeography/platypus.gifHave you ever heard the saying about a running back that "he really likes to stick his nose in there"? Well this picture is worth 10 words.

You don't know success until you know failure. The mountain top means nothing if you've never been in a valley. To never fail, never try.

the wonger need food
04-13-2006, 03:35 PM
Without lamps, there would be no light.

TEXANRED
04-13-2006, 03:56 PM
without cans there would be no can openers