PDA

View Full Version : New guard signed?

F-minus67
04-10-2006, 03:33 PM
I just read some where online that we signned Tupe Peko. He played for the colts a few years ago and looked alright. I'll look for a link.

TexanFan881
04-10-2006, 03:49 PM
Not a real big signing. Seems like a player who will be fighting to make the team.

Texansbacker
04-10-2006, 04:01 PM
We need to get the guard from Carolina.

TexanFan881
04-10-2006, 04:03 PM
We need to get the guard from Carolina.

I would like to see Tutan come here too. Tupe played for Carolina last year with Tutan before he got cut (which was early in the season).

Texansbacker
04-10-2006, 04:28 PM
I would like to see Tutan come here too. Tupe played for Carolina last year with Tutan before he got cut (which was early in the season).

The Tupe and Tutan show.

If they can protect the QB then I am for them all!

We can whittle them down and sort them out after training camp.

kiwitexansfan
04-10-2006, 05:06 PM
Is there a link that shows this signing??

Caddo1361
04-11-2006, 12:31 PM
It should also be noted that Tupe Peko is a linebacker not a guard....

nflnutswife
04-11-2006, 12:44 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/4809744

Bobo
04-11-2006, 01:21 PM
Not a real big signing.

This sums up just about all of the Texans FA signings.

HJam72
04-11-2006, 01:34 PM

Yeah, that might be good to know. :)

Bearfan Blue and Orange
04-11-2006, 01:47 PM

Thank you again for your consistent no content comment.

TexanFan881
04-11-2006, 02:10 PM

Are you sure? This is the last update from kffl

Panthers | Peko Released
Sat, 3 Sep 2005 18:06:32 -0700

Pat Yasinskas, of the Charlotte Observer, reports the Carolina Panthers have released OL Tupe Peko.

Mailman04
04-11-2006, 02:15 PM
Geez Bobo, it appears to me the Texans have done pretty well this offseason.

Mike Kerns
04-11-2006, 02:16 PM
GD, what do you want? Antonio Gates, Randy Moss, & Shaun Alexander???:rolleyes:

TexanFan881
04-11-2006, 02:18 PM
Geez Bobo, it appears to me the Texans have done pretty well this offseason.

We've picked up a lot of starting players and this is our best free agent period ever. How can you complain about an offseason like ours?

TexanFan881
04-11-2006, 02:19 PM
GD, what do you want? Antonio Gates, Randy Moss, & Shaun Alexander???:rolleyes:

Well that would make this offseason okay :rolleyes:

Texans Horror
04-11-2006, 02:29 PM
I'm sticking to my prediction that unless the Texans can draft Young and Bush and get the Denver Broncos starting line, most people will be disapointed in our offseason moves.

PapaL
04-11-2006, 02:48 PM
Are you sure? This is the last update from kffl
http://www.nflplayers.com/players/player.aspx?id=30271

Even NFLplayers.com isnt sure what spot he plays. Next to his name it says LB, in his bio it says G/T. Who knows.

Colts website mentions him as a G though.
http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=article7&news_id=2839

In 2004, with Sciullo replaced by guard Tupe Peko in the starting lineup, Colts guards sustained injuries throughout the season. Scott started nine games and Lilja started six.

Caddo1361
04-11-2006, 03:21 PM
I am not real sure what position he play, I just went from what was on the NFL website. Sorry if this was confusing....

Texans86
04-11-2006, 03:25 PM
Maybe he plays both. They aren't all that different of a position.

But back in reality, whichever position he plays will be useful. If OL, which seems the most likely, he will provide good depth, with a slight possibility of starting (considering how shallow our guard depth is), and if LB, we all know we can't have too many of those going into camp.

Youngstown Colt
04-11-2006, 03:26 PM
He's a guard people, take it from me.

And he ain't a bad one at that. I doubt Tupe will have to fight to make the team, I see him as a solid backup.

Runner
04-11-2006, 03:28 PM
He's a guard people, take it from me.

Could he be converted to linebacker?

Sorry - I just had a flashback.

TexanFan881
04-11-2006, 03:34 PM
His little brother's a DL :)

NFL Prospect Interview: Domata Peko

By: Todd Taylor

Date: Apr 11, 2006

Michigan State defensive tackle Domata Peko won't be the first member of his family to land a job with an NFL team, but he's sure to blaze his own trail with his enthusiasm and intensity.

Who doesn’t enjoy watching a 300-pound defensive lineman, with hair flowing out of the back of his helmet, rumble down the field for a 74-yard score?

Domata Peko, defensive tackle for Michigan State, did just that during the Spartans’ 2005 battle against the Michigan Wolverines. His fourth quarter touchdown was the result of a fumble by Michigan quarterback Chad Henne. Peko’s touchdown runback sent the game into overtime.

The Spartans didn’t come out victorious that day, but it was one of Peko’s favorite football memories. Not only due to the touchdown he scored, the six tackles and a sack; but also because his parents flew in from Samoa to watch their son play in a Spartans’ uniform for the first time.

“I had a great game – a sack and a fumble recovery…74 yards to the crib. I just thank God for that and my mom and dad, that was their first game. They flew all the way form Samoa and that’s a long trip. But I really made them have a great day and they helped me out too,” Peko said.

A junior college standout, Peko transferred to Michigan State to play his junior and senior years. At 6’3, 307 pounds, Peko was exactly what the Spartans’ defense needed, an interior force that could take on multiple blockers. Don’t let his easy-going, friendly off the field demeanor fool you, on the gridiron Peko is all business.

“I’m intense, ready to play, ready to take people’s heads off. I get that from my Samoan culture, in our tradition we’re known as being warriors and that’s how I describe myself out there on the football field,” he said.

His inspired play earned Peko 2005 All-Big Ten Conference honorable mention in 2005. He ranked fifth on the Spartans with 53 tackles and added a sack, forced fumble, blocked extra point and two fumble recoveries during his senior campaign. Following the 2005 season, Peko spent his time in the gym training, in preparation for the NFL combine.

“For me it [the combine] was a great experience because I got a chance to meet some coaches, general managers, owners and defensive line coaches. I talked to a lot of teams who seemed really interested. I told them I’m ready to play. Whatever team drafts me I want to go to mini-camp and start balling right away and get into that starting position because I don’t want to sit around,” Peko said.

Peko’s older brother, Tupe, also played for Michigan State and went on to play for the Indianapolis Colts and Carolina Panthers in the NFL as an offensive lineman. After a stint in the Arena Football League, he just recently signed with the Houston Texans for the 2006 season. Tupe has served as a role model and mentor for Peko as he prepares to embark on his journey to the NFL.

“He helped me tremendously with my decision-making, I always ask him questions. He’s always been there for me and has been my role model growing up. I’m trying to follow his footsteps and make it into the league. He’s been there through the tough times and good times and always has advice for me,” Peko said.

Peko currently lives in Indiana with his brother Tupe. He was recently engaged and has a one-year-old son named Domata Jr. “That really helped me set my priorities straight and focus, just to ball out every game because I know I have a family to feed. I have a lot of responsibilities,” he said.

TexanFan881
04-11-2006, 03:36 PM
He plays 3 positions :)

Tupe Peko
OL/DL
Born: 1978-09-19
Hometown: Whittaker, CA
6' 4", 305
Michigan State

Tupe Peko #56 Position: LB
Years Pro: 4
Draft Date: free agent
Draft Team: free agent
Born: 09/19/1978
Hometown: Whittier, CA
College: Michigan State

http://www.arenafan.com/players/?page=players&player=5154
http://www.nflplayers.com/players/player.aspx?id=30271

cuppacoffee
04-11-2006, 04:41 PM
I'm sticking to my prediction that unless the Texans can draft Young and Bush and get the Denver Broncos starting line, most people will be disapointed in our offseason moves.

Oso and Bobo the Bobsey twins are alive and well. :crying:

Runner
04-11-2006, 04:45 PM

Jeez! Don't compare anybody to Bobo! I think Oso was joking.

kiwitexansfan
04-11-2006, 05:30 PM
Can I just get some clarification, has this guy signed with us, or even been linked to us anywhere other than this thread

Caddo1361
04-12-2006, 12:16 AM
Maybe I have found out what position this guy played. Last year he played in the Arena Football League so he probably played both ways. Making him eligible for tackles while also playing the o-line. The cbssportsline website says that he played in the arena league....maybe this explains the confusion.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/arenafootball/players/playerpage/585795

Texans Horror
04-12-2006, 08:06 AM

Bobsey twins? Ouch! Guess my sarcasm didn't come through. I should have added the sign. For the record, I declared the offseason changes an improvement when the Texans brought in the new coaching staff. Everything else is just icing on the cake.

cuppacoffee
04-12-2006, 09:20 AM
Bobsey twins? Ouch! Guess my sarcasm didn't come through. I should have added the sign. For the record, I declared the offseason changes an improvement when the Texans brought in the new coaching staff. Everything else is just icing on the cake.

My sincerest apologies...add me to your doesn't know sarcasm when he sees list. :cool:

cuppacoffee
04-12-2006, 09:26 AM
Jeez! Don't compare anybody to Bobo! I think Oso was joking.

I apologize to Oso for the undeserved character assassination.

:penalty: on..:coffee:

Runner
04-12-2006, 09:34 AM
I apologize to Oso for the undeserved character assassination.

:penalty: on..:coffee:

I bet Oso will be better behaved now.