PDA

View Full Version : Ron Hill . . Texans next GM, or VP?

Marcus
04-09-2006, 12:59 PM
With all the rumors flying around that Casserly is leaving soon, John McClain of the Chronicle, and for me at least, more credible sources at NFL Sirius Radio, (Pat Kirwin, Gil Brandt) believe that Ron Hill, former Atlanta Falcons VP of Player Personnel under Dan Reeves, has the inside track to be the next Texans GM.

But, in my view, I don't think McNair wants another "GM". His views on splitting the responsiblities of the next NFL Commissioner link (http://texans.scout.com/2/512140.html) lead me to believe he feels the same way about the Texans. I think he's going to split up the GM role into 2, maybe 3 VPs, one for football, one for business, etc.

There are many links regarding Ron Hill. I found this (http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8549110) one interesting, but I'm sure there are many more. I haven't been to the Falcons message board yet.

sprtsfanatic
04-09-2006, 01:04 PM
sounds like he would make a very good replacement if the rumors of CC are true. I'd welcome him in a heartbeat with his track record!

Big B Texan Fan
04-09-2006, 01:09 PM
They already got Danny Ferens for the business side of things. He's the capologist. He could take on a more tasked role if a new GM comes in.

sprtsfanatic
04-09-2006, 01:14 PM
oh, no doubt...i was talking about taking over completely for CC not bringing him aboard for smaller tasks...he has been able to handle the job, position, and all of the variables that come with it before....and has done a helluva job I might add.

Coach C.
04-09-2006, 05:47 PM
If Ferens becomes our GM look for us to go straight down the crapper. The guy is not a overly good capologist and if Cass was not on him he would have spent more for players than he did. If Cass goes Ferens should be right out the door with him.

aj.
04-09-2006, 06:58 PM
... and if Cass was not on him he would have spent more for players than he did..

So are you saying that Casserly is now cracking down on the recently promoted VP of Negotiations and Administration for being too wild and crazy with the owner's money? That's a new one.