PDA

View Full Version : Texans mini-camp

BrianC
04-07-2006, 05:11 PM
When is it? Just saw on Sports center how the Bills and Saints had 1 today so was wondering when ours is.

sprtsfanatic
04-07-2006, 05:15 PM
really??? that early?? thats odd....but since that is the case...thats a very good question....when does our mini camp begin?

Texans#1
04-07-2006, 05:17 PM
I hop are minie CAMP SOONER THAN LATER.

Runner
04-07-2006, 07:22 PM
I thought the mini-camps started after the draft when they had all of their players (minus holdouts). They are having the mandatory off-season workouts now. Coaches sessions are something else on top of these two. I think. I get the terminology confused.

tulexan
04-07-2006, 08:26 PM
I think if you have a new coach you have the option of pre-draft mini camps. I remember hearing something like that a few months ago.

Runner
04-07-2006, 08:49 PM
I think if you have a new coach you have the option of pre-draft mini camps. I remember hearing something like that a few months ago.

I just checked on this and you're right. If you have a new coach you get two mini-camps and can schedule one (two?) before the draft. Mini-camps are 3 days of two-a-days. The Texans plan may be to have the first camp, take the weekend off, and then immediately have the second. Essentially have one longer camp.

tulexan
04-07-2006, 09:06 PM
Either that, or they are going to wait till Reggie is on the team since he is a major part of the offense.

Runner
04-07-2006, 09:12 PM
Either that, or they are going to wait till Reggie is on the team since he is a major part of the offense.

I asked about that too. Some coaches require rookies in camp, others don't. I don't know about us.