PDA

View Full Version : Saints have D'Brickshaw Ferguson written all over their #2 pick (proof inside)

LikeABoss
04-06-2006, 03:56 PM
Saints trade left tackle Wayne Gandy to the Atlanta Falcons

Filling one of their biggest remaining offseason needs, the Atlanta Falcons on Thursday afternoon reached an agreement to acquire New Orleans left offensive tackle Wayne Gandy in a trade that sends three-year veteran safety Bryan Scott and an undisclosed 2007 draft choice to the Saints

It remains to be seen how the Saints, who have now lost three offensive line starters in the offseason, will replace him. One option might be to move Jammal Brown, the team's first-round choice in 2005 and an immediate starter at right tackle as a rookie, to the left side. Another might be to use the second overall pick in the draft to select a tackle. The Saints lost Pro Bowl center LeCharles Bentley to Cleveland as an unrestricted free agent and recently released guard Kendyl Jacox.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2399461

Now all the Saints are drafting Mario Williams at #2 rumors can end now:rolleyes:

And moving Jammal Brown over to right tackle is not and would not be a smart move by Sean Payton IMO.

Mike Kerns
04-06-2006, 04:02 PM
Falcons could be good. D'Brick is going to compliment Brees well. Best of luck to him.

TexanFan881
04-06-2006, 04:04 PM
There's no way they don't take D'Brick now

Mike Kerns
04-06-2006, 04:09 PM
So, will it be Leinart or Young for the Titans ?

TexanFan881
04-06-2006, 04:11 PM

It's got to be Leinart. I don't see Young going until at least the Raiders.

texanskan
04-06-2006, 04:12 PM

It's gonna be Leinart no way Norm Chow lets his slip past #3

Mike Kerns
04-06-2006, 04:19 PM
I agree. It has to be Leinart. I believe they would take Cutler before Young as well. This way they can hype former USC teammates vs. one another twice a year, Bush vs. Leinart.

mexican_texan
04-06-2006, 04:34 PM
It's amazing how any thread turns has Vince Young involved. Vince Young ordered a pizza today and got it yesterday, but Reggie ate it two days ago. Reggie Hayward that is.

The Saints need playmakers. Young could be that guy, but without a line, he'll be Couched. D'Brick all the way.

LikeABoss
04-06-2006, 05:30 PM
Darn, I spook too soon about this.

I just read on Saintsreport that Sean Payton was on NFL Network today and he said that he was moving Jammal Brown to LT.

Mods can you change the title of this thread for me?

It's very misleading now.

MorKnolle
04-06-2006, 09:37 PM
Darn, I spook too soon about this.

I just read on Saintsreport that Sean Payton was on NFL Network today and he said that he was moving Jammal Brown to LT.

Mods can you change the title of this thread for me?

It's very misleading now.

I still say if the Saints stay at #2 it's Mario Williams all the way (they have said they like Mario a lot) but I definitely think they will look to trade down and grab A.J. Hawk (they have also said they really like Hawk and are more satisfied with their OLine and DLine than their LBs).

Texas
04-06-2006, 10:11 PM
I think they will take Brick.

mexican_texan
04-06-2006, 10:48 PM
I still say if the Saints stay at #2 it's Mario Williams all the way (they have said they like Mario a lot) but I definitely think they will look to trade down and grab A.J. Hawk (they have also said they really like Hawk and are more satisfied with their OLine and DLine than their LBs).
DE is not a need for them, they have Will Smith and Charles Grant. LB though...

Tha rizzock
04-07-2006, 03:21 AM
It's got to be Leinart. I don't see Young going until at least the Raiders.

no way raiders are taking hawk

1. reggie
2.D brick
3. lieniert
4. jat cutler
5. mario williams
6. vernon davis
7. aj hawk