PDA

View Full Version : Where is Moulds on the Texan Website? update: its officially official

Texans Front Row Crew
04-06-2006, 11:21 AM
I thought we signed him officially on tuesday- and not a word about it so far on the main website.-WHAT GIVES????? We get a solid WR with experience and not even a blurb on the latest news. Sage Roseynobody's information and picture was on there the first day!!!! Not to say Sage is unwanted- I'll welcome him along with everyone else, but come on- a proven 10 year starter and no props on the website- thats Just wrong. :twocents:

If your out there Moulds- WELCOME TO HOUSTON. WE ARE GOING TO ENJOY WATCHING YOU PLAY. AND SINCE I SIT IN SECTION 119 IN THE FRONT ROW- I'LL HAVE A BEER READY FOR YOU WHEN YOU GET YOUR FIRST TOUCHDOWN HERE!!!!!! :redtowel:

Vinny
04-06-2006, 11:23 AM
The Texans are one of the slowest and most conservative teams in the league when it comes to this kind of thing. They won't ever be accused of jumping the gun.

Texans Front Row Crew
04-06-2006, 11:36 AM
Vinny:

I well aware that the Texans are not one to "jump the gun", but, I'm under the belief that we signed Moulds on Tuesday afternoon- (Unless something has come up and it is not really official)- so a simple announcement (just like everyone else we signed this offseason) would be nice.

Are you making excuses???

Vinny
04-06-2006, 11:36 AM
no, I'm saying they are slow. This isn't a new thing, so try not to worry.

Trextexan
04-06-2006, 11:40 AM
Maybe they figure moulds wont have as big an impact as jake schiafino :)

Mike Kerns
04-06-2006, 11:40 AM
& what about a press conference to end the "What number will he wear" debate...

Texans Front Row Crew
04-06-2006, 11:48 AM
Personally- I think this is (slightly) insulting. Whathisname WR and whohisface QB get instant recognition and Moulds has nothing so far. This could be minor- but given the size of the other Moulds thread- I hope he knows that the fans are here for him.

edo783
04-06-2006, 12:00 PM
Could be waiting for the league to sign off on the trade. Pretty much a formality, but I don't think they can say anything until that happens.

mike230765
04-06-2006, 12:05 PM
I think they are waiting till they find out what number he is going to wear.

Thank you Eric Moulds(E-MO) for signing with the TEXANS. Good Luck

chuckm
04-06-2006, 12:06 PM
As long as he runs out of the tunnel on opening day, I don't care if it takes until training camp .....

Holden135
04-06-2006, 12:13 PM
Do they have to wait for a physical before the trade could be done with the Bills? If that were the case we wouldn't be able to report it yet.

mike230765
04-06-2006, 12:16 PM
I thought he already had his physical

black00ls1
04-06-2006, 12:17 PM
I agree about the Texans being slow. I am tired of reading the same articles from Chron.com, ESPN, Foxsports, SI, and yahoo sports. The Bills haven't announced anything either on there website so I don't know if the deal is really "offically" done.

el toro
04-06-2006, 12:33 PM
I think they're waiting on holding a press conference to announce it.

Texans Front Row Crew
04-06-2006, 01:34 PM
In a respone to an E-mail I sent the Texans from the website they said:

Thank you for your email and support of the Houston Texans. We never post anything on HoustonTexans.com until it is official. We donít respond to unconfirmed reports or comment on rumors. We never announce a signing until the contract is actually signed. We are still awaiting league approval on the Moulds trade.

Because of all of those steps, we are never wrong. Other news outlets that cover rumors and quote unnamed sources sometimes do not get their information correct. You can be guaranteed that all information on HoustonTexans.com is correct, while some news you may be reading might not be entirely.

We hope this information helps and that you will continue to visit HoustonTexans.com for the latest news on our team and events.

Have a great day and GO TEXANS!

So I'm happy with this response. and I just want to say that was not meaning to belittle any of our other FA signing. I look forward to seeing ALL OF THEM in TEXANS uniforms this season.

TexanFan881
04-06-2006, 02:02 PM
In a respone to an E-mail I sent the Texans from the website they said:

Thank you for your email and support of the Houston Texans. We never post anything on HoustonTexans.com until it is official. We donít respond to unconfirmed reports or comment on rumors. We never announce a signing until the contract is actually signed. We are still awaiting league approval on the Moulds trade.

Because of all of those steps, we are never wrong. Other news outlets that cover rumors and quote unnamed sources sometimes do not get their information correct. You can be guaranteed that all information on HoustonTexans.com is correct, while some news you may be reading might not be entirely.

We hope this information helps and that you will continue to visit HoustonTexans.com for the latest news on our team and events.

Have a great day and GO TEXANS!

So I'm happy with this response. and I just want to say that was not meaning to belittle any of our other FA signing. I look forward to seeing ALL OF THEM in TEXANS uniforms this season.

Thanks for posting that :thumbup

Meloy
04-06-2006, 02:11 PM
What is his 40 time? No one has even mentioned that I can find. I know he's big, strong, good route runner, good hands, 10 year vet with not much time on field first two years, etc. And I'm grateful he signed. BUT WHAT IS HIS 40??????!! That is usally one of first things mentioned.

Vinny
04-06-2006, 02:14 PM
What is his 40 time? No one has even mentioned that I can find. I know he's big, strong, good route runner, good hands, 10 year vet with not much time on field first two years, etc. And I'm grateful he signed. BUT WHAT IS HIS 40??????!! That is usally one of first things mentioned.
40 times are enormously overrated. What would you need them for anyway? He has ten years in the league and has proven he can get open and catch the ball.

sprtsfanatic
04-06-2006, 03:03 PM
true vinny, but i think he wants to know just how much we can spread the field and the defense with our speed and talent...and with the possible addition of bush's 4.33 we will be blazing fast with AJ, RB, JM

Vinny
04-06-2006, 03:27 PM
true vinny, but i think he wants to know just how much we can spread the field and the defense with our speed and talent...and with the possible addition of bush's 4.33 we will be blazing fast with AJ, RB, JMHe isn't a speed guy at this stage in his career. He will be used like Kubiak used Rod Smith the last few years - slants, crosses, come backs and outs that work the areas pretty much where Gaffney worked.Hi, I can understand you guys are anxious for Moulds news, but it is team policy never to announce anything about a player until it is official. The simple fact remains that the NFL has not approved the trade sending Moulds to the Texans yet.

Expect there to be an announcement early next week.

Nick SchenckHey Nick! (Nick runs the main page for those who don't know)

Vinny
04-06-2006, 03:51 PM
Now it's officialThanka Nicko

Texans trade for Moulds
www.HoustonTexans.com

HOUSTON – The Houston Texans have traded their fifth-round selection (134 th overall) in the 2006 NFL draft to the Buffalo Bills for WR Eric Moulds (http://www.houstontexans.com/team/roster_detail.php?PRKey=205), it was announced today.

Moulds (6-2, 210) played in and started 15 games with the Bills in 2005. He led the team with 81 receptions for 816 yards, and his four touchdowns ranked second on the squad. It marked the eighth straight year that he paced the team in receiving yards and the seventh time in eight years that he turned in the most receptions.

Moulds, 32, has caught 675 passes for 9,096 yards and 48 touchdowns in his 10-year career. The former Mississippi State Bulldog has recorded eight consecutive seasons with 50 or more receptions and has four career 1,000-yard seasons.

Moulds has been selected to play in the annual AFC-NFC Pro Bowl, making the trip to Hawaii after the 1998 season and again from 2000-02. He brings to Houston a streak of 111 consecutive games with a reception which dates back to 1998.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/news_detail.php?PRKey=2483

PapaL
04-06-2006, 03:59 PM
Thanka Nicko

Texans trade for Moulds
www.HoustonTexans.com

HOUSTON – The Houston Texans have traded their fifth-round selection (134 th overall) in the 2006 NFL draft to the Buffalo Bills for WR Eric Moulds (http://www.houstontexans.com/team/roster_detail.php?PRKey=205), it was announced today.

Moulds (6-2, 210) played in and started 15 games with the Bills in 2005. He led the team with 81 receptions for 816 yards, and his four touchdowns ranked second on the squad. It marked the eighth straight year that he paced the team in receiving yards and the seventh time in eight years that he turned in the most receptions.

Moulds, 32, has caught 675 passes for 9,096 yards and 48 touchdowns in his 10-year career. The former Mississippi State Bulldog has recorded eight consecutive seasons with 50 or more receptions and has four career 1,000-yard seasons.

Moulds has been selected to play in the annual AFC-NFC Pro Bowl, making the trip to Hawaii after the 1998 season and again from 2000-02. He brings to Houston a streak of 111 consecutive games with a reception which dates back to 1998.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/news_detail.php?PRKey=2483

Now thats a win win story for us! 5th round pick is Eric Moulds.

the wonger need food
04-06-2006, 04:07 PM
The dorks over on the Bills board are still in denial. It's hilarious.

Vinny
04-06-2006, 05:06 PM
I split all the Madden banter into the Madden (http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showthread.php?t=20835) thread.

TexanFan881
04-06-2006, 05:13 PM
I split all the Madden banter into the Madden (http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showthread.php?t=20835) thread.

Good thinking, lol :thumbup