PDA

View Full Version : profootballweekly.com report on wong

keyfro
04-06-2006, 09:56 AM
saw this and thought i'd copy and past it here for everyone

A source close to the Texans says LB Kailee Wong is healing well from an October knee injury. Wong is likely to start at one of the OLB spots if veteran Sam Cowart starts in the middle.

powerfuldragon
04-06-2006, 10:03 AM
Excellent news. I've always liked wong.

bigTEXan8
04-06-2006, 10:04 AM
I think Wong will be better playing at the spot he has played before. Funny that.

Vinny
04-06-2006, 10:16 AM
Wong has played all the linebacker spots...

This isn't really news. I think most of expected him to start at the Sam if healthy.

chuckm
04-06-2006, 10:18 AM
Thanks for the post Keyfro

GP
04-06-2006, 11:00 AM
I hope he plays better than this past season. Of course, it's hard to know where the blame should be placed on last season's defense: The scheme itself, the coaching, the players, a bad offense which kept the defense on the field too much, all the above?

Wong, IMO, never had the badness it takes to be a MLB. He's more of a finesse guy who plays the edges and (to me) plays best when he's supporting other LBs by swarming to the ball without necessarily having to be the one guy who shuts the play down.

RBforRB
04-06-2006, 03:53 PM
Hope this Wong Report isn't wong....

sorry, work's getting to me today!!

mexican_texan
04-06-2006, 04:14 PM
I've always enjoyed his interviews. Is he from Harvard or is Payne our only Ivy-Leaguer?

TexanFan881
04-06-2006, 04:16 PM
I think our LB core looks solid with Wong, Greenwood, and Cowart.

It's better than last year and everyone's at their right position :)

kcwilson
04-06-2006, 05:24 PM
I think our LB core looks solid with Wong, Greenwood, and Cowart.

It's better than last year and everyone's at their right position :)

What about Shantee Orr? I'd like to see him get more PT after what we saw late last year. Do we have Orr, Greenwood, and Wong in on passing downs?

TexanFan881
04-06-2006, 05:33 PM
What about Shantee Orr? I'd like to see him get more PT after what we saw late last year. Do we have Orr, Greenwood, and Wong in on passing downs?

I like Orr a lot, but where would he fit? Are you saying that he'd play MLB, because I've heard people say he would be well suited there? With Cowart's weak points being passing downs I think that would be a great idea to bring Orr in.