PDA

View Full Version : Deal or No Deal?

Eyeguy
04-05-2006, 07:53 PM
Would you make this deal?

If Winston is gone at #33 would you consider trading #33 and 235 (7th rd) to New Englands for # 52 & # 75. They each equal close to 587 pts on the value chart.

N.E. has extra picks in the 3,4,5th rounds, so I think they might be in the market to move up if someone drop to #33.
We should still be able to get Colledge, Scott (both good 4 Zn blk) or one of the top guards @ 52.
This would give us # 65,66,75 and allow us to draft good talent for the defense.
We could also get back into the bottom of rd 2 to pick up someone who fell by trading two of the 3rd rd picks.

If a true 1st rd need does not fall to #33 or Winston is gone AND we can safely still pick up Scott or Colledge I think we should make a deal.

Texans Horror
04-05-2006, 07:57 PM
That #33 pick is still gold, even if Eric is not available. Most mock drafts still have Offensive tackles availabe at the start of the second round, and any one of them would be a heap. JMO, but I see Houston sticking with their Day 1 picks. The only thing that would put a wrench into the whole thing is money. Moulds, Carr, and Bush are not small change in McNair's pockets.

Seņor Stan
04-05-2006, 07:58 PM
Would you make this deal?

If Winston is gone at #33 would you consider trading #33 and 235 (7th rd) to New Englands for # 52 & # 75. They each equal close to 587 pts on the value chart.

N.E. has extra picks in the 3,4,5th rounds, so I think they might be in the market to move up if someone drop to #33.
We should still be able to get Colledge, Scott (both good 4 Zn blk) or one of the top guards @ 52.
This would give us # 65,66,75 and allow us to draft good talent for the defense.
We could also get back into the bottom of rd 2 to pick up someone who fell by trading two of the 3rd rd picks.

If a true 1st rd need does not fall to #33 or Winston is gone AND we can safely still pick up Scott or Colledge I think we should make a deal.

We can't trade the 7th rounder, but I really like the idea of getting Colledge.

Eyeguy
04-05-2006, 08:02 PM
We can't trade the 7th rounder, but I really like the idea of getting Colledge.

Good point about the 7th, we will make it the "07 7th round.

I think next to Winston, Colledge might be the best match for our system.

MorKnolle
04-05-2006, 08:13 PM
Good point about the 7th, we will make it the "07 7th round.

I think next to Winston, Colledge might be the best match for our system.

I agree with you that Colledge is probably the next best match for our zone blocking scheme after Winston, but Colledge could possibly slide all the way to #65, plus at #33 there should be a few other players that I'd definitely take. If Johnathan Joseph, Antonio Cromartie, maybe Ashton Youboty, and some others are available, I'd definitely take them there, but if none of those fall to #33 then I'd consider trading down.

Mr Shush
04-05-2006, 08:16 PM
I'd love to see us draft Jason Allen at 33, if he's still there.

axman40
04-05-2006, 08:21 PM
NO DEAL! Wait for the banker to make better deal!

:cool:

Mailman04
04-05-2006, 08:35 PM
No way. I think that Jennings (CB) of Miami or Max Jean-Gilles (OG) of Georgia will be there if Eric Winston isn't. Jennings should be there either way. That is three first-round players available in round 2. No way I trade any of the first five picks (1-2-3-3-4).

outofhnd
04-05-2006, 08:39 PM
Yea I say for once lets just select the picks we were dealt and hope for the best.

Eyeguy
04-05-2006, 08:40 PM
No way. I think that Jennings (CB) of Miami or Max Jean-Gilles (OG) of Georgia will be there if Eric Winston isn't. Jennings should be there either way. That is three first-round players available in round 2. No way I trade any of the first five picks (1-2-3-3-4).

M.J-Giles might be on the board @ 52, I don't think Jennings will be there.
If you could get MJG @ 52 would you trade down and pick up the extra 3rd?

NederlandTexan
04-05-2006, 08:40 PM
..., but Colledge could possibly slide all the way to #65,...
He would be the steal of the draft if he fell to 65.

Eyeguy
04-05-2006, 08:44 PM
He would be the steal of the draft if he fell to 65.

AMEN!

Idon't care who you pick in the 2nd rnd, if Colledge is there at 65 take him (BPA)

michaelm
04-06-2006, 12:37 AM
Yea I say for once lets just select the picks we were dealt and hope for the best.

I agree considering the supposed depth of this draft. After an offseason that has negated the need to fill specific holes, we should look to upgrade, because despite our FA success, we still have opportunities to upgrade almost every position.