PDA

View Full Version : AJ, Moulds, DD, Bush, WOW!

Sportsfan
04-04-2006, 02:11 PM
I think its pretty safe to assume we're taking Bush. So can you imagine the matchup problems our Texans will be able to create w/this offense? Man i can't wait!
2 big physical receivers, a lightning fast, versatile back, and another back w/good vision and versatility as well. Damn i can't wait till next year. Lets just hope the D, the O-line and Carr step up too. :redtowel:

WillisXPress
04-04-2006, 02:21 PM
If Carr can get some time you'll have a really potent offense.

Hardcore Texan
04-04-2006, 02:24 PM
I think its pretty safe to assume we're taking Bush. So can you imagine the matchup problems our Texans will be able to create w/this offense? Man i can't wait!
2 big physical receivers, a lightning fast, versatile back, and another back w/good vision and versatility as well. Damn i can't wait till next year. Lets just hope the D, the O-line and Carr step up too. :redtowel:

Pretty exciting, but don't leave out Mathis/Walter and Putzier in some combination or another, whether it is a 3 WR set or a 2, lots of speed and talent on the field.

el toro
04-04-2006, 02:28 PM
Pretty exciting, but don't leave out Mathis/Walter and Putzier in some combination or another, whether it is a 3 WR set or a 2, lots of speed and talent on the field.

Yep, the big lumbering TE going up the middle for the 20 yard gain while the defense frets over the WRs and Bush and DD in the backfield.

Texas
04-04-2006, 02:35 PM
Man defensive coordinators are going to go crazy trying to figure out how to defend us

Sportsfan
04-04-2006, 03:18 PM
Man defensive coordinators are going to go crazy trying to figure out how to defend us

For sure. Capers' D over in Miami is gonna be like this when they play us :brickwall LOL

Texas_Thrill
04-04-2006, 04:45 PM
Yes but what have we done for our OWN D????

TreWardTxn
04-04-2006, 04:48 PM
Apparently we're going to outscore everybody, so it's not a major concern...

el toro
04-04-2006, 04:49 PM

Switch to 4-3, add a run stuffing DE and MLB as well as some vet depth in Kalu and Rainer.

Seņor Stan
04-04-2006, 04:52 PM
Switch to 4-3, add a run stuffing DE and MLB as well as some vet depth in Kalu and Rainer.

Oh yeah, and that whole "draft" thingy everybody is talking about. I hear the teams take turns picking college players. We might find a player or two there.

el toro
04-04-2006, 04:56 PM
Oh yeah, and that whole "draft" thingy everybody is talking about. I hear the teams take turns picking college players. We might find a player or two there.

Well, there is also the prospect of having an offense that can stay on the field and put up points on the board. That does tend to benefit your defense somewhat.

hollywood_texan
04-04-2006, 05:00 PM
There is great line in Pulp Fiction when the Wolf replies to Jimmy's comment that it doesn't even look like the same car after Jules and Vincent cleaned up the Marvin skull mess.

The line is "Let's not start sXXXXng each other's dXXXX just yet."

All this looks great on paper and they are making good moves, but W's in December and January are what counts and what people remember.

Str8tupg42k1
04-04-2006, 05:04 PM
can anyone say shootout with colts?:drool:
just wishing though

TreWardTxn
04-04-2006, 05:12 PM
I'm not saying my shorts are all creamy yet, but it seems to me that the biggest unknown, or X factor for the 2006 Texans is going to be the offensive pass blocking (I'm assuming a direct relation to Carr's performance). I've said before that we are switching defenses, but in actuality, the defense was so poor last year because the personnel was not suited for the 3-4. With players back in their correct roles, the defense should return to 2004 form and at least be middle of the road. Add that up with an improved run game, less pressure on Carr to make plays, and two possession receivers (with a probable 3rd in Walters) and we have as good a chance to challenge for the wildcard as any team...

titan hater
04-04-2006, 05:20 PM
I'm not saying my shorts are all creamy yet, but it seems to me that the biggest unknown, or X factor for the 2006 Texans is going to be the offensive pass blocking (I'm assuming a direct relation to Carr's performance). I've said before that we are switching defenses, but in actuality, the defense was so poor last year because the personnel was not suited for the 3-4. With players back in their correct roles, the defense should return to 2004 form and at least be middle of the road. Add that up with an improved run game, less pressure on Carr to make plays, and two possession receivers (with a probable 3rd in Walters) and we have as good a chance to challenge for the wildcard as any team...

Shhhhhhh! Please don't start that thread. This time last year most of us thught so....

LikeABoss
04-04-2006, 05:47 PM
When has Andre Johnson been considered a possession reciever?:confused:

TexanFan881
04-04-2006, 06:17 PM
can anyone say shootout with colts?:drool:
just wishing though

I think we can have a shootout with the colts. If we are going to beat them I think we have the best shot we ever had this year. We gained a lot of good players so ar this offseason and all they did is lose a great RB in Edge.

HJam72
04-04-2006, 06:19 PM

Probably since Pendry decided to always throw him the ball behind the line of scrimmage. :rolleyes:

FirstDownMaker
04-04-2006, 06:39 PM

You may want to believe that but it's just not that simple. Defensive coordinators will just turn up the heat on our QB. Unless you protect David Carr & company the other guys won't matter.

clandestin
04-04-2006, 06:49 PM
You may want to believe that but it's just not that simple. Defensive coordinators will just turn up the heat on our QB. Unless you protect David Carr & company the other guys won't matter.

Enter a succesfully executed screen pass with Reggie Bush on the receiving end with 6'2 210 lb. Eric Moulds or 6'3 219 lb. Andre Johnson blocking for him.

CoachJim
04-04-2006, 07:24 PM
With all due respect to DD, that middle screen is gonna eat defenses up with RB on the recieving end. If DD was ripping off 10-15 ypc reasonably consistant, can you imagine how many pairs of 'underoos' are gonna be draping the field when RB catches one in the flat? Theres gonna be some serious ankle injuries happenin' on Sunday.:drool:

TreWardTxn
04-04-2006, 11:06 PM

Problem with perception? In my vocabularly, a possession receiver is a good thing, especially if they can stretch the field. Steve Smith and every other all-time great receiver (minus Lynn Swann) was a possession receiver. If you routinely have a guy run stops, slants, quick post, and numerous other short routes, he's a possession guy. Thankfully, that's not all he can do...

Bobo
04-05-2006, 12:59 AM

How about four guys rushing Carr? The Texans haven't figured that out yet.

TexanFanInCC
04-05-2006, 01:11 AM

weaver and cowart good enough? the run defense should be better. switching to a 4-3 will make a bigger impact than alot of people think. after bush, our priorities need to be to draft a tackle and some CB's to play along with dunta.

Bobo
04-05-2006, 01:21 AM
weaver and cowart good enough? the run defense should be better. switching to a 4-3 will make a bigger impact than alot of people think. after bush, our priorities need to be to draft a tackle and some CB's to play along with dunta.

A.) Will Cowart even start? B.) Where are the sacks from these two?

LikeABoss
04-05-2006, 07:55 AM
Problem with perception? In my vocabularly, a possession receiver is a good thing, especially if they can stretch the field. Steve Smith and every other all-time great receiver (minus Lynn Swann) was a possession receiver. If you routinely have a guy run stops, slants, quick post, and numerous other short routes, he's a possession guy. Thankfully, that's not all he can do...

I always thought of Andre as a versatile reciever. One who can go over the middle, but who can also beat you deep. When I hear possession reciever, I think of players like Keyshawn Johnson. Guys who specialize in only going over the middle.

bad
04-05-2006, 08:09 AM
Problem with perception? I have a problem with the term itself; it's open to interpretation.

In my mind a "possession" receiver is one who keeps the chains moving, thereby allowing his team to keep possession of the ball.

Requirements: runs good routes, has good hands, not afraid to catch the ball on slants down the middle of the defense. Comes through on third downs. (See Proehl, Ricky).

Also not gifted with game-breaking speed. A touchdown gives possession of the ball to the other team. Andre Johnson has the game-breaking speed to turn over possession of the ball to the other team, via kickoffs, far too often to be considered a "possession" receiver.

At least according to one interpretation.

chuckm
04-05-2006, 08:12 AM
With all due respect to DD, that middle screen is gonna eat defenses up with RB on the recieving end. If DD was ripping off 10-15 ypc reasonably consistant, can you imagine how many pairs of 'underoos' are gonna be draping the field when RB catches one in the flat? Theres gonna be some serious ankle injuries happenin' on Sunday.:drool:

I'll take that a little farther ..... just the threat of Bush in the flat, in the slot, ....... will force the defense to account for him at all times .... this should loosen things up for the other weapons .....

jmerog
04-05-2006, 08:15 AM
This offense is going to be a monster i think. There are just so many options

DD
BUSH
AJ
MOULDS
WalTERS
PUTZIER
even MATHIS

Sick!

Having both running backs on the field t the same time often would be good -wait untill they key one one of them then use the other. Using both in different positions often will reallly screw defenses up especially if both can pass block too( that part might need work)
Throw in 2 dominant recievers and a pass catching tight end and we are gonna be mean. Plus, now we can use our picks #33 on for O-line and defense. The probowler flannegan at center didn't hurt either. This could be exciting yall.

jmerog
04-05-2006, 08:18 AM
Imagine driving the defense crazy using lots of screen passes alternating randomly between DD and bush. Wait untill they try to stop it and then throw to moulds/AJ. mean mean mean

plus the run plays that will obviously be worked in

Bearfan Blue and Orange
04-05-2006, 08:23 AM
I have a problem with the term itself; it's open to interpretation.

In my mind a "possession" receiver is one who keeps the chains moving, thereby allowing his team to keep possession of the ball.

Requirements: runs good routes, has good hands, not afraid to catch the ball on slants down the middle of the defense. Comes through on third downs. (See Proehl, Ricky).

Also not gifted with game-breaking speed. A touchdown gives possession of the ball to the other team. Andre Johnson has the game-breaking speed to turn over possession of the ball to the other team, via kickoffs, far too often to be considered a "possession" receiver.

That is the interpretation amongst almost all football knowledge. A possession WR is one that moves the chains. A guy you look to in a situation to "maintain possession"

TreWardTxn
04-05-2006, 10:11 AM
I have a problem with the term itself; it's open to interpretation.

I don't think coaches mind their "possession" receivers going the distance, it's the defenses job to get the ball back so he can do it over again. When I say possession, I mean the same things as far as moving the chains and all that, but I don't mind if the guy turns upfield and scores. I'll just say he's a complete recevier, he can do it all...

Bearfan Blue and Orange
04-05-2006, 10:15 AM
BONUS if he breaks one. youa re right in the situation the WR would be a possession that just happened to break one

Blu
04-05-2006, 10:22 AM
Now we have the '06 version of the Run and Shoot.... out score the other team and hope we don't go into prevent.

I think the pick up so far will be enough, let's just hope Peek is a mad man and rips up the league this season.

keyfro
04-05-2006, 10:24 AM
everyone talks about the triplets but now we have carr, johnson, moulds, bush, and davis...talk about a potential deadly 5 headed monster on the field most of the time on the field

Bearfan Blue and Orange
04-05-2006, 10:26 AM
everyone talks about the triplets but now we have carr, johnson, moulds, bush, and davis...talk about a potential deadly 5 headed monster on the field most of the time on the field

This is going to succeed only if one thing happens NO EGOS get in the way of WHAT IS BEST FOR THE TEAM.

It is going to be a hard task for Kube to "keep people happy" sometimes when Moulds starts complaining that he "was open" or Bush "give the ball to me I am the #1 pick".

I am not saying it will happen, I am just praying it doesn't.

whiskeyrbl
04-05-2006, 10:33 AM

Wait until we line up in a 5 WR set...AJ,Mathis and Walter on the left and Moulds and Bush on the right

Sounds like a DB's nightmare

MightyTExan
04-05-2006, 10:36 AM
Hopefully with these weapons, the D won't bring the house to Carr on every play. Do you think Bush is the type to holdout?

Bearfan Blue and Orange
04-05-2006, 11:08 AM
Hopefully with these weapons, the D won't bring the house to Carr on every play. Do you think Bush is the type to holdout?

That will be up to Carr to recognize the blitz's coming at him and make adjustments. If they bring the house, that means he hits a quick read because there will be at least one WR or TE close enough uncovered and not to mention of they see that the safety is coming on a blitz and there is 1 on 1 with Moulds or AJ you quickly snap and launch airing it out allowing them to get separation from the DB and get under the ball.

I am sure he will be tested to see how he reacts, but once he completes a pass or two like that defenses will have to back off and hesitate a bit.

Not to mention the Oline will have to be disciplined in thier blocking assignments to help pick up the blitz and the RB as well.

whiskeyrbl
04-05-2006, 11:26 AM
I see alot of (DD,RB) used in Flats in blitzing situations,especially if it is a CB blitz.

BigBull17
04-05-2006, 11:29 AM

I dont get that vibe from him. Everytime he does an interview he seems really excited to be comming here. I just dont see him doing that.

|The.Brand0n|
04-05-2006, 11:32 AM
I mean we'll be saying that alot about Mr. Bush, especially if he gets blocking like this downfield! I stole this from the Bills Message Board... check out Moulds KILL Bruschi on the block. :drool: RUN REGGIE... RUN! </villain laughter>

http://www.brzaspot.com/MISC/Moulds%20Destroys%20Bruschi.wmv

Right Click and Save as (2.58)

whiskeyrbl
04-05-2006, 11:36 AM
That might explain his stroke.Nice hit:drool:

hban192
04-05-2006, 11:43 AM

Even with the addition of Moulds and Bush, Our boy Carr can't complete a pass for longer than a 10 yard gain; even when the protection is there.

el toro
04-05-2006, 12:05 PM
Even with the addition of Moulds and Bush, Our boy Carr can't complete a pass for longer than a 10 yard gain; even when the protection is there.

That's the spirit! :redtowel:

the wonger need food
04-05-2006, 12:09 PM
I mean we'll be saying that alot about Mr. Bush, especially if he gets blocking like this downfield! I stole this from the Bills Message Board... check out Moulds KILL Bruschi on the block. :drool: RUN REGGIE... RUN! </villain laughter>

Whew friggin' hoooo.

Can you imagine what Gaffney or Bradford would have done on that play?

Ibar_Harry
04-05-2006, 12:10 PM
What a nightmare for the opposing team. They will have very little idea as to what Kubiak is going to run or how we are going to look and play on defense. Yes, they know it will be a 4-3, but other than that its going to be adjustment time. While we will be a newbie offensively and it will be adjustment time for us, I have a feeling other team may be at a bigger disadvantage. It would be nice to see the other team sweating bullets for a change. So while we will be new at the game we will have an advantage while the newness is wearing off. Once we are insynch we just might be a rieal handful.

Eyeguy
04-05-2006, 12:16 PM
I agree.
To make this happen we need:

Bush

Winston, McNeil, Scott, or Colledge

4th/5th rd Guard

Runner
04-05-2006, 12:34 PM
Excellent analysis.

Analysis? Try epithet.

Malloy
04-05-2006, 12:51 PM
My one question-mark-cloud in all of this is Carr. I do however have complete confidence in Kubiaks ability to coach QB's and call plays, and I think we'll see a new Carr this upcoming season.

Bearfan Blue and Orange
04-05-2006, 01:15 PM

How do you know this???

I think as fans we need to place the past performance on the back burner for now because there are soo many factors that have changed this year including offensive playbook and schemes, position improvements all over and will continue with the draft picks.

If you only have 2 seconds to get rid of the ball after trying to make reads, that kinda limits your attempts downfield with confidence.

Let's try to get behind him now that he is getting the tools from Kube. If, with these tools, he still falls flat then RIP IT INTO HIM!!!

Mike Kerns
04-05-2006, 01:29 PM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/mcclain/3771852.html

Andre & Moulds just hangin' out. I like it.:redtowel:

Runner
04-05-2006, 03:23 PM

Dre and P'Buc hang out a lot too. Woohoo!

Malloy
04-05-2006, 04:14 PM

Good read, very optimistic indeed! :)

Sportsfan
04-05-2006, 04:27 PM

Daaayuumm!! And whoever said thats why Bruschi had a stroke- thats just wrong man, still kinda funny though. LMAO :redtowel:

HoustonFan
04-05-2006, 05:13 PM
I think if anything we'll defeat all of the divisinon rivals at least once this upcoming season - including the Indianapolis Chokes. *Oops did I type that? :rolleyes:

We'll own the Cowboys again, punish the Eagls and J. Gaffney. Younger Manning will even become a victim. Patriots, I can see us beating, Dolphins and Jets too. I say we get our first winning season at 9-7.

MightyTExan
04-05-2006, 05:16 PM

2 50 yd TD passes in one game even during a crappy season kinda negates that.