PDA

View Full Version : Vince over Bush any day of the week! Say no to track spikes.

Frank_The_Tank
04-03-2006, 12:36 AM
ESPN claims Bush ran 4.33-4.37 electronic time, and scouts had him at 4.37 to 4.41. Bush ran on a state of the art track, as in olympic track and field track not a lane of astro turf, in track cleats! HMMMM does Dom Davis play on Sunday in track cleats? Just so every pro-Bush person knows that 4.33 is right on the money, but due to the fact that he ran on a track in spikes is going to down grade that 40 time by at least a tenth of a second so you are looking at 4.43 to 4.47. This is why the NFL should move to a standard on training surfaces. The athletes at Texas ran on a strip of slow turf in football cleats, no wonder there 40 times were so dang off! Plus Electric times report accurate times, and they are much faster than the hand held times. It is not Bushes fault, props to the guy, but to evaluate his performance and try to caompare it to the rest of the playing field is so off. Most teams will have him run on grass/turf in football cleats, I wish we could get those recorded times!

infantrycak
04-03-2006, 12:41 AM
This would be an interesting post if it were directed at the artificial surface/whatever shoes you want combine. As it is, it looks like a comment against a particular player.

Frank_The_Tank
04-03-2006, 01:14 AM
Bush ran on a track in sprinters spikes, ran two at 4.33 and 4.37 electronic which is much faster than the 4.38 and 4.41 hand times recorded. Oh, and NFL games are not played in spikes on state of the art track surfaces built to make you run fast. He is 5'10.5 combine height 202 lbs he is to small, won't last a season, and dropped balls (plural) at reciever thrown by his boy Matt Leinart so their goes those can't miss hands. 24 benches is great, but when your arms are 24 inches long bench presses can be decieving compared to OL and DT with 34 inch arms benching 26 times. You look at Vince you get 6'4.75 228, ran a 40 in hand made times between 4.48 to 5.58 on a slow narrow piece of astro turf in football cleats, translation a solid 4.40 to 4.45 on a track with sprinting cleats and electric timing. Either way that is super fast for a QB. You get a guy who scouts reviewed as having a strong arm strenght with very good accuracy 50 of 55 passing. Matt Leinart, 36 of 45 passing (the top QB LOL) was reported as having adequate arm strenght, with good but not great accuracy. Vince brings great size, arm strenght, speed and leadership to one of the Texans weakest positions, The QB! Don't expect to see Bush on the back of any Texans Jerseys he will want some ungodly amount of money for a position that is already filled Dom Davis. Vince wants to be here more than Bush, all bush wants is to be the number one pick he does not care about coming to Houston. Bush says we already have a good QB, hey Bush have you seen his numbers who the heck are you kidding, we do however have a great running back. I say give the damn first pick to Bush, trade that pick off to someone who can afford to pay that premium for a dwarf, and take Vince Young!

whiskeyrbl
04-03-2006, 01:17 AM
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHAHA ....... Man u know what .....HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA..... never mind thats just ridiculous

Frank_The_Tank
04-03-2006, 01:22 AM
OHHH did I hit a nerve! :redtowel:

ledzeppelin229
04-03-2006, 01:22 AM
Damn man, are you trying to get witness protection for Bush before he even gets here? That's the most pathetic post I've ever read, and I thought I had seen some homers. Hell, maybe Vince needs some FBI protection as well. Hope his address is unlisted.

I can't even address all of that..like whiskey said, that's just ridiculous.

ledzeppelin229
04-03-2006, 01:24 AM
What did Vince Young run on/in? Considering you were probably hiding in the bushes with binoculars, you should be able to tell us pretty accurately.

Frank_The_Tank
04-03-2006, 01:29 AM
I can see it already, once vince is drafted all the California guys who come on these threads will move off to the Jets web site and Texans can enjoy having a california free blog! I am so glad he ran in spikes on a track, just shows that california mind set!

wolf123
04-03-2006, 01:33 AM
ESPN claims Bush ran 4.33-4.37 electronic time, and scouts had him at 4.37 to 4.41. Bush ran on a state of the art track, as in olympic track and field track not a lane of astro turf, in track cleats! HMMMM does Dom Davis play on Sunday in track cleats? Just so every pro-Bush person knows that 4.33 is right on the money, but due to the fact that he ran on a track in spikes is going to down grade that 40 time by at least a tenth of a second so you are looking at 4.43 to 4.47. This is why the NFL should move to a standard on training surfaces. The athletes at Texas ran on a strip of slow turf in football cleats, no wonder there 40 times were so dang off! Plus Electric times report accurate times, and they are much faster than the hand held times. It is not Bushes fault, props to the guy, but to evaluate his performance and try to caompare it to the rest of the playing field is so off. Most teams will have him run on grass/turf in football cleats, I wish we could get those recorded times!

Actually, it has been stated that a hand held time can actually be faster than an electronic timer. These timers tend to anticipate the players crossing in an effort to gage an accuarte time, and therefore can stop the timer prematurely; but the opposite is also true. Basically, electronic times ARE more accurate, but simply implying that VY's and other Texas' players times were all recorded slower is a weak argument and demands NO validity. That being said, I do agree with your point of the track shoes/running track.

It should also be mentioned that Bush was also clocked at 4.25, but his time was adjusted to 4.33 in comparison to the slow-turf at the combine

whiskeyrbl
04-03-2006, 01:35 AM
I can see it already, once vince is drafted all the California guys who come on these threads will move off to the Jets web site and Texans can enjoy having a california free blog! I am so glad he ran in spikes on a track, just shows that california mind set!
Who's from cal.? I've lived in Texas for 41 years(all my life).oh never mind I know Drafting a guy from here will help the team more than the best player available.Thats why you would never own,coach,or pass out towels for a Pro football team.P.S. come by on April 29th i'm cooking crow for all you VY homers.

Frank_The_Tank
04-03-2006, 01:35 AM
Any time a person puts a factual perspective out, Pro-BUSH people come in with their Sarcastic comments. When people look at the world from a different perspective than the Por-Bush Clan they can not respond with strong arguments, only sacastic replies. You wanna know why, because they know its the truth and is killing them. When we take Vince it is going to tear them up but hey, at least the Texans will finnaly have a QB who can break a tackle and scramble out of the pocket.

Frank_The_Tank
04-03-2006, 01:37 AM
Actually, it has been stated that a hand held time can actually be faster than an electronic timer. These timers tend to anticipate the players crossing in an effort to gage an accuarte time, and therefore can stop the timer prematurely; but the opposite is also true. Basically, electronic times ARE more accurate, but simply implying that VY's and other Texas' players times were all recorded slower is a weak argument and demands NO validity. That being said, I do agree with your point of the track shoes/running track.

It should also be mentioned that Bush was also clocked at 4.25, but his time was adjusted to 4.33 in comparison to the slow-turf at the combine

Sure it WAS, and Bush sprung over the stadium wall after passing the finnish line. LOL 4.25 ha ha ha who was timing that Coach Carrol LOL

whiskeyrbl
04-03-2006, 01:39 AM
Sure it WAS, and Bush sprung over the stadium wall after passing the finnish line. LOL 4.25 ha ha ha who was timing that Coach Carrol LOL
You saw it too no one believed me! Did ya see VY crying in the background?:stirpot:

Frank_The_Tank
04-03-2006, 01:44 AM
You saw it too no one believed me! Did ya see VY crying in the background?:stirpot:

You were there too, did you see those tears of joy. It was really neat to see the Texans present their contract purposal to Vince made me cry.

Frank_The_Tank
04-03-2006, 01:47 AM
Who's from cal.? I've lived in Texas for 41 years(all my life).oh never mind I know Drafting a guy from here will help the team more than the best player available.Thats why you would never own,coach,or pass out towels for a Pro football team.P.S. come by on April 29th i'm cooking crow for all you VY homers.

A 41 year old man acting like he is 18, how cool, life must be great, HA HA HA 41 LOL

whiskeyrbl
04-03-2006, 01:47 AM
Yeah 1year $1

ledzeppelin229
04-03-2006, 01:48 AM
Yea, I was born in Spring and lived there until coming to San Marcos for school. No California bias in me. In fact, I have concerns about Bush as well. I just see a mental list of "rational concerns" and "irrational concerns". I also have a list of "homers that joined the board a few days ago" that gets bigger ever day.

41 acting 18 is no worse than 26 acting 12.

TexansCanes
04-03-2006, 01:50 AM
i don't think people are saying he had a great workout because of just his forty time, cause hey we all have seen him play and know he is fast. i think his 24 reps and 40 inch vert are more impressive and tells you what kind of athlete he is. plus they say his work out as a wr was very good as well so don't get to caught up on his forty time and the only reason we are going to draft him is because he can a 4.33. plus historically hand held times are usually faster and why more people look at combine times becuase they are electronically timed therefore more accurate.

whiskeyrbl
04-03-2006, 01:51 AM
A 41 year old man acting like he is 18, how cool, life must be great, HA HA HA 41 LOL
Actually it is,My Favorite team getting the #1 player!!!! LIFE IS GREAT

Frank_The_Tank
04-03-2006, 01:52 AM
i don't think people are saying he had a great workout because of just his forty time, cause hey we all have seen him play and know he is fast. i think his 24 reps and 40 inch vert are more impressive and tells you what kind of athlete he is. plus they say his work out as a wr was very good as well so don't get to caught up on his forty time and the only reason we are going to draft him is because he can a 4.33. plus historically hand held times are usually faster and why more people look at combine times becuase they are electronically timed therefore more accurate.

Yea they are faster, thats why his hand held time was slower than his electronic time LOL WOW

Frank_The_Tank
04-03-2006, 01:54 AM
You mean you want Vince Young as well, then why are you arguing for Bush. You said the #1 player, that is Vince Young

TexansCanes
04-03-2006, 01:54 AM

two questions: How is that a Cali mind set and do you normally follow the draft? cause running track shoes isn't uncommon.

TexansCanes
04-03-2006, 01:56 AM

I can't wait for us to draft reggie so all of these UT homers can leave our board.

ledzeppelin229
04-03-2006, 01:57 AM

Don't try to respond to this lunatic with intelligent sounding posts. Just make up equally retarded ones and have fun with it while it lasts...

TexansCanes
04-03-2006, 01:58 AM
if anything it works both ways and the electric time should be the median. it is just as easy of someone to stop is to soon and it is for them to wait to long.

whiskeyrbl
04-03-2006, 01:58 AM
You mean you want Vince Young as well, then why are you arguing for Bush. You said the #1 player, that is Vince Young

Whatever go get ya anoyher beer you are starting to bore me. It's Bush all the way and you know it,your just in denial.:crying:

ledzeppelin229
04-03-2006, 02:02 AM
The more I read from this guy, the more I want Reggie Bush. If we draft Vince this guy is never going to leave.

Frank_The_Tank
04-03-2006, 02:06 AM
LOL you guys are so funny, LOL Bush '' I wish I would have ran faster today" DUHHHHH LOL what a joke, he ran in spikes, what a joke!

whiskeyrbl
04-03-2006, 02:12 AM
LOL you guys are so funny, LOL Bush '' I wish I would have ran faster today" DUHHHHH LOL what a joke, he ran in spikes, what a joke!

Huge1
04-03-2006, 02:13 AM
Wow! Said it before in another thread about another dilusional tool....I want what this kid is smoking!

I'm not from Cali. As a matter of fact, I hate USC. I was born and raised in Texas, played D-1 college football in Texas, jumped out of my chair when UT won the national championship, think Vince Young is an extraordinary talent who will excel in the NFL.....yet (As I've stated over and over) I believe that Bush is a rare breed of athlete that only comes around every 10-15 years. It has NOTHING to do with his time in the 40 or his size (how tall is Barry Sanders again? 5'6" maybe 5'7"?). The kid can flat out play. I saw him in person against Arizona State and he made a top 20 team (at game time) look like a pop warner team standing in mud.

Just because you toss Vince Young's salad doesn't mean you can totally dispell what RB has achieved and will achieve in the NFL.

whiskeyrbl
04-03-2006, 02:16 AM
Wow! Said it before in another thread about another dilusional tool....I want what this kid is smoking!

I'm not from Cali. As a matter of fact, I hate USC. I was born and raised in Texas, played D-1 college football in Texas, jumped out of my chair when UT won the national championship, think Vince Young is an extraordinary talent who will excel in the NFL.....yet (As I've stated over and over) I believe that Bush is a rare bread of athlete that only comes around every 10-15 years. It has NOTHING to do with his time in the 40 or his size (how tall is Barry Sanders again? 5'6" maybe 5'7"?). The kid can flat out play. I saw him in person against Arizona State and he made a top 20 team (at game time) look like a pop warner team standing in mud.

Just because you toss Vince Young's salad doesn't mean you can totally dispell what RB has achieved and will achieve in the NFL.
EXACTLY!!!!!!!! KIDS TODAY

tulexan
04-03-2006, 02:18 AM
I can't wait till Thursday when Reggie leaves Houston with a contract and all of these Vince only fans leave too.

Grid
04-03-2006, 03:06 AM
These posts are like damage control or something :). Crazy4Texas has realized that the legion of UT homers have either opened their eyes to the facts, or gone back to the UT boards, so he is trying to make enough stupid posts to keep up the appearence of a large VY fanbase :)

C Madd
04-03-2006, 03:10 AM
These posts are like damage control or something :). Crazy4Texas has realized that the legion of UT homers have either opened their eyes to the facts, or gone back to the UT boards, so he is trying to make enough stupid posts to keep up the appearence of a large VY fanbase :)
Agreed.

Mike Kerns
04-03-2006, 04:28 AM

.................Looks like he has finally lost it........

thunderkyss
04-03-2006, 05:53 AM
I can't wait till Thursday when Reggie leaves Houston with a contract and all of these Vince only fans leave too.

Just out of curiousity........

What would you do if Vince has his contract in Hand come Saturday??

bdiddy
04-03-2006, 06:21 AM
Bush ran on a track in sprinters spikes, ran two at 4.33 and 4.37 electronic which is much faster than the 4.38 and 4.41 hand times recorded. Oh, and NFL games are not played in spikes on state of the art track surfaces built to make you run fast. He is 5'10.5 combine height 202 lbs he is to small, won't last a season, and dropped balls (plural) at reciever thrown by his boy Matt Leinart so their goes those can't miss hands. 24 benches is great, but when your arms are 24 inches long bench presses can be decieving compared to OL and DT with 34 inch arms benching 26 times. You look at Vince you get 6'4.75 228, ran a 40 in hand made times between 4.48 to 5.58 on a slow narrow piece of astro turf in football cleats, translation a solid 4.40 to 4.45 on a track with sprinting cleats and electric timing. Either way that is super fast for a QB. You get a guy who scouts reviewed as having a strong arm strenght with very good accuracy 50 of 55 passing. Matt Leinart, 36 of 45 passing (the top QB LOL) was reported as having adequate arm strenght, with good but not great accuracy. Vince brings great size, arm strenght, speed and leadership to one of the Texans weakest positions, The QB! Don't expect to see Bush on the back of any Texans Jerseys he will want some ungodly amount of money for a position that is already filled Dom Davis. Vince wants to be here more than Bush, all bush wants is to be the number one pick he does not care about coming to Houston. Bush says we already have a good QB, hey Bush have you seen his numbers who the heck are you kidding, we do however have a great running back. I say give the damn first pick to Bush, trade that pick off to someone who can afford to pay that premium for a dwarf, and take Vince Young!

This is a little biased and an extremely emotional rant.

Vince Young is a great athlete, but please do not disrespect Reggie Bush. He admittedly run slower than he hoped, saying he broke 4.3 during the week preceding the pro day. However, he did not drop any balls. Lendale White dropped three. Bush was said to have the best hands of any player on the field yesterday. He did 24 reps in the bench press which is ridiculous for a running back. You mention his size, well he is also freakishly strong for his size. No one will accuse Reggie Bush of being a huge guy, but he is amazingly talent. I think VY is an equally great athlete, that being said, there is no reason to mindlessly degrade Bush to make your point that you want the Texans to draft Young.

texman8
04-03-2006, 06:33 AM
Just out of curiousity........

What would you do if Vince has his contract in Hand come Saturday??

Honestly, if Texans decide to go that way; I'll be fine with it. This is not like the Chargers' situation with Brees and Rivers. Brees wasn't making the money like Carr. I don't think it will happen that way,though.

I don't have a problem with VY. I believe it will take a couple of years on bench before he can succeed in NFL.

The problem I have is several of VY's supporters have gone off the deep end with their bashing of Bush and CArr. It's gotten so nit-picking and childish.

texman8
04-03-2006, 06:34 AM
OH, I'm not putting you in not group,t/k

thunderkyss
04-03-2006, 06:43 AM
The problem I have is several of VY's supporters have gone off the deep end with their bashing of Bush and CArr. It's gotten so nit-picking and childish.

I cuncur.

jacquescas
04-03-2006, 06:56 AM
ya lets nit pick bush for running in spikes, and say nothing about Vince working mainly out of the shotgun.

HomeBred_Texan
04-03-2006, 07:02 AM
#1? Vince Dumb is not even gonna be in the top 10. Now move on and let the real fans debate if we take Bush or Super Mario....:stirpot:

Maddict5
04-03-2006, 07:10 AM

Ugh..you're funny......did you hear that 1 at school today..seriously if the other posters hadnt mentioned your age already, i would've guessed you were 10 years old

thunderkyss
04-03-2006, 07:17 AM
Ugh..you're funny......did you hear that 1 at school today..seriously if the other posters hadnt mentioned your age already, i would've guessed you were 10 years old

you're so cool............

you called him a 10 year old.......... :ok:

bkimble
04-03-2006, 07:25 AM

Great post Crazy4Texas. I agree with every word. one more point, VY went head-ups with Reggie (the dwarf) Bush in the Rose Bowl and we all know what happened. If the Texan pass on VY they will be making a HUGE mistake. Young will come back to Houston twice a year and make us look like a bunch of clowns. Do anybody remember those clowns from ESPN hyping the greatest team in college history? If I remember correctly, Young make them look very average. I hope Kubes isn't crazy enough to listen to Cassely, that'd be an mistake. :redtowel:

KSig44
04-03-2006, 07:30 AM
You pro VY people are nucking futs. Quit being such UT :homer: and look at what's best for the Texans. We can't play 2 QB's on the field at the same time, but we can play 2 RB's or 2 WR's. That alone makes Bush more valuable that VY. I will bet any one of you that he is not taken 1st and that he will slide all the way past 5.

chuckm
04-03-2006, 07:34 AM
I hope Kubes isn't crazy enough to listen to Cassely, that'd be an mistake. :redtowel:

I hesitate to respond to this guy but the above quote struck a chord with me. Is this how the impending Bush selection will be spun? Kubiak listened to Casserly? Since Casserly is reportedly on his way out, this line of thinking gives Young disciples an easy scapegoat ... :twocents:

BrianC
04-03-2006, 07:36 AM
I wish i saw a good argument on why Reggie sucks rather than "VY IS BETTER CAUSE I SAY SO"

Bubbajwp
04-03-2006, 07:37 AM
I wish i saw a good argument on why Reggie sucks rather than "VY IS BETTER CAUSE I SAY SO"
You havnt seen one because there isnt one.

jacquescas
04-03-2006, 07:40 AM
WELL SAID.

The thing that is soo annoying is that its blindly VY. I think you put all the pieces around the QB position. If Carr doesn't cut it this year, then we have a pretty complete offense that a rookie or other QB can come into and step into a complete team. Maybe its not Vince Young, but its about the football team not 1 player.

Everyone saw what happened with Rivers and Brees. Do we want that situation for us? Brees bailed on the Chargers with no compensation. :confused:

Its just just not smart to have 2 QB's taken at the top of the first round a couple years apart.

I'm not blindly saying Carr is a god, but this is the best team he has had around him. If he fails i say boot him and draft someone next year. but i'm not ready to use a 1st round pick on a QB. I'd use our 2nd 7th rounder on Marcus Vick if you wanted a QB that bad.

coachdent
04-03-2006, 07:56 AM
Barry Sanders = 5'8" 200
Warrick Dunn = 5'9" 180
Kevin Jones = 5'11" 211
Domanick Davis = 5'9" 221
Brian Westbrook = 5'8" 203

Reggie Bush = 5'11" 202

"Reggie Bush is too small". Yeah. You're probably right.:brickwall

24 reps at 225 isn't good enough for you huh? Yeah. I can see that. I can see where you would bash the guy for not lifting more than the lineman who have longer arms. Makes sense.

"With the first pick in the 2006 NFL Draft, the Houston Texans select... Reggie Bush, running back, University of Southern California." :redtowel:

Texans_Chick
04-03-2006, 08:05 AM
Threads nitpicking Reggie Bush after his proday are as silly as the ones nitpicking Vince Young after his proday.

jacquescas
04-03-2006, 08:05 AM
Barry Sanders = 5'8" 200
Warrick Dunn = 5'9" 180
Kevin Jones = 5'11" 211
Domanick Davis = 5'9" 221
Brian Westbrook = 5'8" 203

Reggie Bush = 5'11" 202

"Reggie Bush is too small". Yeah. You're probably right.:brickwall

24 reps at 225 isn't good enough for you huh? Yeah. I can see that. I can see where you would bash the guy for not lifting more than the lineman who have longer arms. Makes sense.

"With the first pick in the 2006 NFL Draft, the Houston Texans select... Reggie Bush, running back, University of Southern California." :redtowel:

wait you did research? I thought this was all about how we FEEL. I can research and understand that Reggie Bush is a better fit for where our team is right now.

But the hometown story Feels good. I dont want to use my brain i want to use my feelings.

I dont know what is more ludicris this line of reasoning or the one we were given for going to war.

yes i made that comparison.

also dont forget to add Tiki Barber to the list 6'0 200lbs

Dunta_23
04-03-2006, 08:08 AM

Maybe only in your mind....not in anyones mind that actually matters

coachdent
04-03-2006, 08:14 AM
wait you did research? I thought this was all about how we FEEL. I can research and understand that Reggie Bush is a better fit for where our team is right now.

But the hometown story Feels good. I dont want to use my brain i want to use my feelings.

I dont know what is more ludicris this line of reasoning or the one we were given for going to war.

yes i made that comparison.

also dont forget to add Tiki Barber to the list 6'0 200lbs

First... it is ludicrous, not ludicris. Ludicris is a rapper.

Second... Apparently I didn't understand that the message board was a venue to express our innermost feelings and hopes and dreams without any grounding in reality.

Third... The line of reasoning is called perspective. Folks get on here and label Bush as small and this and that. I thought I'd bring to light the fact that he is quite comparable in size to some successful running backs currently playing in the NFL.

Finally, there is verifiable evidence of weapons of mass destruction located in the biceps of Mr. Bush. Reggie Bush that is.:superman:

jacquescas
04-03-2006, 08:19 AM
First... it is ludicrous, not ludicris. Ludicris is a rapper.

Second... Apparently I didn't understand that the message board was a venue to express our innermost feelings and hopes and dreams without any grounding in reality.

Third... The line of reasoning is called perspective. Folks get on here and label Bush as small and this and that. I thought I'd bring to light the fact that he is quite comparable in size to some successful running backs currently playing in the NFL.

Finally, there is verifiable evidence of weapons of mass destruction located in the biceps of Mr. Bush. Reggie Bush that is.:superman:

sorry forgot to use the :sarcasm: guy on that one. i was actually in full support.

coachdent
04-03-2006, 08:23 AM
I'm with you! :redtowel:

bad
04-03-2006, 08:33 AM
I can see it already, once vince is drafted all the California guys who come on these threads will move off to the Jets web site and Texans can enjoy having a california free blog! I am so glad he ran in spikes on a track, just shows that california mind set! First of all, California doesn't have a "mind set' - that's like...way too linear.

Also, since L. A. doesn't have a pro football team (unless you count USC), there can be no "homers"; in fact there is nobody in Los Angeles named Homer. We send all Homers to Reno or make them change their name to something less lame, such as "Moondoggie" or we just call 'em "Dude".

One last thing; this is not a blog. "Blog" is short for "Weblog". This is a message board.

Vinny
04-03-2006, 08:34 AM
I just hope you guys who get this excited about players in their short pants get excited about the actual football game. It's amazing how many people come post about workouts but you never see them here when the games are going on. Most of these workouts don't do much for me. I knew both these guys can play by doing something strange and unique....I watched them play.

Tejaspro
04-03-2006, 08:37 AM
Just a little advise to my friends... those "Crazy Posters" who might feel inclined to go "over the top"....

" It is far better to have people think you're a fool, than to open your mouth and prove it." :ok:

teamplaya
04-03-2006, 08:42 AM
I agreee with you 100% every time I seen him talk he always find a way to bring up no state taxes in Texas so to me he is all about the money Vince is about the game ,the city and the fans not the money and the game is played on the field not the track

Tejaspro
04-03-2006, 08:43 AM
Any time a person puts a factual perspective out, Pro-BUSH people come in with their Sarcastic comments. When people look at the world from a different perspective than the Por-Bush Clan they can not respond with strong arguments, only sacastic replies. You wanna know why, because they know its the truth and is killing them. When we take Vince it is going to tear them up but hey, at least the Texans will finnaly have a QB who can break a tackle and scramble out of the pocket.

If this isn't the kettle calling the pot black....:brickwall

jacquescas
04-03-2006, 08:49 AM
If this isn't the kettle calling the pot black....:brickwall

the kettle would call it disrespectful, like VY did the wunderlich.

Texans_Chick
04-03-2006, 08:57 AM

And this is different than your other thread how?

I think Vince Young is a solid player, one that I would be really happy to see in a Texans uniform, but I gotta say you are reaching in your hating on Bush. RB is a solid player, had a solid proday, is likely to be a solid NFL player and a Houston Texan--one who possibly could be among the greats.

A lot of these Young or Bush threads seems to me to be like fat guys nitpicking Sports Illustrated swimsuit models.

Texans_Chick
04-03-2006, 08:58 AM
I just hope you guys who get this excited about players in their short pants get excited about the actual football game. It's amazing how many people come post about workouts but you never see them here when the games are going on. Most of these workouts don't do much for me. I knew both these guys can play by doing something strange and unique....I watched them play.

Bravo.

I read somewhere recently (maybe SI?) that guys running with the football are timed faster than guys running without the football. That is amazing to think about, and something I look forward to seeing this fall.

:texflag:

Blake
04-03-2006, 09:05 AM

I think the media, and hype make people take these "workouts" for more than they should.

Not all great football players are going to run sub 4.40's. Not all great football players are going to bench 38 times, or jump 10ft.

Its nice to know that player A can lift this much, run this fast, but at the end of the day, I am picking a football player, whom ive seen play damn good football.

TreWardTxn
04-03-2006, 09:07 AM
Bush is an amazing talent, but I don't like the tendency for his supporters to completely overlook the fact that he has question marks to his game as well.

Some want him simply because we already have a QB (cap issues) and "can't use two QBs". Yeah, that's true, but Kubiak has never been part of any NFL offense where two tailbacks are on the field at the same time; they either use one tailback or a lead blocker, meaning every play for DD will take one away from Bush. Yes, Bush can spell DD (or vice versa) but I think it was witnessed that Bush could not wear down Texas' fast, and (relatively) undersized defense, meaning even less carries, and that he will likely not be a primary back.

The rebuttal for that is, 'but Bush can be split out as a receiver.' Admittedly, I don't have every USC game on tape, but I've seen all the highlights and watched as much of USC as any person in Texas can. I have not seen Bush routinely lined up in the slot and make big plays. Most of his big receptions were screens or him coming out of the backfield and going deep on an LB, like the infamous 'he couldn't even beat the Texas LB' play in the Rosebowl. Of course he wasn't too slow, but it's a lot harder to lob up deep balls against NFL-type safeties and LBs, it won't be a staple of the offense.

As for Young, forget that he's from Houston and the Hometown hero and all that. Tell me this, who do you honestly believed played against tougher comp in college? Who beared the weight and responsibility for their team's success? Young who was surrounded by sophmores and one go-to receiver (kinda) in Sweed and made his TE look all-world in the biggest game of his life (he was open all the time b/c LBs were watching Young). Leinart and Bush both had the comfort of knowing if one had a mediocre game, the other could pick up the slack, and if they couldn't then White would. My point is, Bush (and Leinart) could never possibly have it that good again. I have a hard time in passing up the guy that, when everyone elses head was down after going down two scores, he came on the field, and made the plays to win.

I'm not here to say that Young will come in and recreate the game of football. But once he matures as a passer, he will be the single greatest threat on a football field, affecting the defense on every snap, and opening up opportunities for his teammates for the next 15 years. I suppose I prefer long term gain over short term...

tulexan
04-03-2006, 09:21 AM
As for Young, forget that he's from Houston and the Hometown hero and all that. Tell me this, who do you honestly believed played against tougher comp in college?

Both Reggie and Vince played against weak competition. The Pac 10 had a few teams that had good offenses but no good defenses and the Big 12 had no good teams besides Texas.

Mailman04
04-03-2006, 09:27 AM
If the Texans didn't take Reggie, they shouldn't draft Vince Young. What a joke.

cap1
04-03-2006, 09:28 AM
Don't try to respond to this lunatic with intelligent sounding posts. Just make up equally retarded ones and have fun with it while it lasts...

Not lunatic but Troll. This guy is crazy just like his name says, but atleast stick to one point. I have never seen anyone jump around on the same topic this much in the same day on the same Thread. :brickwall :brickwall

cap1
04-03-2006, 09:32 AM
The more I read from this guy, the more I want Reggie Bush. If we draft Vince this guy is never going to leave.

Said it perfectly.:brickwall :brickwall :brickwall

Texans86
04-03-2006, 09:32 AM
Reggie Bush/Vince Young makes my head hurt. It's hard to even read these threads after a while. They all seem so...repetative. Rarely do I read a new arguement, and most of those are feeble at best. I would like to quit the MB for the next month, just so I won't have to read some of the same dronging from various posters, but my mouse always leads me back.

It's a vicious cycle.

TreWardTxn
04-03-2006, 09:34 AM
The entire 40 yard argument is ridiculous. The game isn't played in a straight line, I don't see why anyone would find it reasonable to argue over a few tenths of a second. I can run a 4.4 (or at least I did at the NFL park when the Superbowl came to town), but I'll never play a down of pro football, it takes a bit more...

Now, can we find something else to harp on?

Texans86
04-03-2006, 09:35 AM

Did you make two threads about nearly the same thing? I swear I've read this arguement before...like 2 minutes ago on your previous thread. Maybe I've completely lost it.

Meskin
04-03-2006, 09:36 AM

I totally agree with you, but the Bush supports are guilty of the same. I have been a huge VY fan since he came back on OSU last year after halftime (he did the same thing to them this year), but as a Texans fan i want to see the team win first and formost, i couldn't careless who they pick Bush or Young, as long as they don't do something stupid like trade too far down, but i don't think that will happen.

Bush or Young, JUST WIN ALREADY!!

I love watching the texans play, but there just hasn't been much of anything to get excited about. I hope whoever they pick will be the NFL's version of M. Jordan, but houston doesn't have a good track record. Johnson and Robinson are great players but they desperatly need some help especially A.J.

i hope for the best this year. GO TEXANS:pepper:

TreWardTxn
04-03-2006, 09:36 AM
Both Reggie and Vince played against weak competition. The Pac 10 had a few teams that had good offenses but no good defenses and the Big 12 had no good teams besides Texas.

So I guess Ohio State was a trash team?

cap1
04-03-2006, 09:38 AM
Man I need more Rep points to give out against some of these dumb @$$ posters on here. You guys are killing me with your :homer: remarks.

KSig44
04-03-2006, 09:39 AM
Yeah, so was Notre Dame.

Vinny
04-03-2006, 09:39 AM
I think I have had enough of this. You guys who just post to insult each other please take a break.