PDA

View Full Version : Texans Review

HTownBTDown
04-01-2006, 01:49 PM
When you have the worst offense and the most sacked quarterback in football, itís not difficult to figure out where the emphasis needs to be! They have to find a way to run the ball effectively enough that heís not always looking at third and long and an opponentís helmet in his face. Dom Capers didn't seem to know what was going on..I remember in 03' during draft day there was a commerical showing Carr lineing up with no O-Line, everyone understood what that meant. That year we ONLY drafted TWO lineman, Seth Wand of Northwest Missouri State and seventh-round center Chance Pearce of Texas A&M. In 2004 we drafted ZERO lineman, what was going on?!

Now that we have new coaching and a new season I think we have really turned things around. We haven't added very many Quality starters but we have added more veteran leadership with the additions of Sam Cowart Middle Linebacker and DE N.D Kalu. Kevin Walter was another addition a reciver expected to compete for the No. 3 WR spot. He has great hands and is able to find the holes in zone coverage. He lacks breakaway speed, but his size (6-3, 214) gives him plenty of upside. The Texans bolstered their offensive line by agreeing to a three-year deal worth close to $9 million with veteran C Mike Flanagan, who was with Green Bay for his first 11 seasons. Flanagan is one of the most respected centers in the game. He will start, with Steve McKinney moving to left guard.

David Carr is going to have to wake up and smell the coffee man because just four years into his career, the Texans have seriously considered drafting Vince Young wich is not a good thing for David Carr.

The Draft is rolling around and we still need to add depth at wide receiver, defensive tackle, safety and the offensive line. More than likely we will take Reggie Bush with the No. 1 Overall Pick in the 2006 Draft. Auburn's Stanley McClover could be an option if he stays around until round 3. He is undersized, but the Texans could use him as a situational pass rusher. I also like these guys if they can last long enough Tamba Hali, Manny Lawson and Darryl Tapp.

Just my 2 Cents if anyone's intrested

el toro
04-01-2006, 01:52 PM
*cough* Moulds, Putzier, Cook, Weaver *cough*

Bobo
04-01-2006, 02:04 PM
When you have the worst offense and the most sacked quarterback in football, itís not difficult to figure out where the emphasis needs to be! They have to find a way to run the ball effectively enough that heís not always looking at third and long and an opponentís helmet in his face. Dom Capers didn't seem to know what was going on..I remember in 03' during draft day there was a commerical showing Carr lineing up with no O-Line, everyone understood what that meant. That year we ONLY drafted TWO lineman, Seth Wand of Northwest Missouri State and seventh-round center Chance Pearce of Texas A&M. In 2004 we drafted ZERO lineman, what was going on?!

Now that we have new coaching and a new season I think we have really turned things around. We haven't added very many Quality starters but we have added more veteran leadership with the additions of Sam Cowart Middle Linebacker and DE N.D Kalu. Kevin Walter was another addition a reciver expected to compete for the No. 3 WR spot. He has great hands and is able to find the holes in zone coverage. He lacks breakaway speed, but his size (6-3, 214) gives him plenty of upside. The Texans bolstered their offensive line by agreeing to a three-year deal worth close to $9 million with veteran C Mike Flanagan, who was with Green Bay for his first 11 seasons. Flanagan is one of the most respected centers in the game. He will start, with Steve McKinney moving to left guard.

David Carr is going to have to wake up and smell the coffee man because just four years into his career, the Texans have seriously considered drafting Vince Young wich is not a good thing for David Carr.

The Draft is rolling around and we still need to add depth at wide receiver, defensive tackle, safety and the offensive line. More than likely we will take Reggie Bush with the No. 1 Overall Pick in the 2006 Draft. Auburn's Stanley McClover could be an option if he stays around until round 3. He is undersized, but the Texans could use him as a situational pass rusher. I also like these guys if they can last long enough Tamba Hali, Manny Lawson and Darryl Tapp.

Just my 2 Cents if anyone's intrested

Capers knew what he was doing. Unfortunately, it didn't work out. Remember, it's not like he had a whole lot of talent to choose from when the team was first born. Most new coaches inherit some players they know something about due to them playing previously in the league with the team. Capers had none of that. When Boselli fell through, he was left with a bunch of green guys that needed some time to gel and grow so he didn't want to change things around without giving everyone a real chance. And up until this past season, the team was showing improvement and Capers was managing to get it done despite the questionable line play. Of course, last year the weakness came to the forefront. As for the defense, I understand that Kalu and Cowart may not even start. Neither one of these guys has ever put pressure on the passer and the same goes for Anthony Weaver. Flanagan is just one guy and not somebody the Texans really should get when they are several years away from playoff contention. Soon you're going to have to replace him again due to his age and bring in some new guy. Flanagan is somebody you bring in when you are just a guy or two away from contention -- not when you are coming off a 2-14 season. Walter has had only 30 catches and one TD in three years. Not much production there. And the last thing we need is more WRs! We've already wasted capital on that position. Another undersized player on the Texans -- wonderful. I thought that everything was big in Texas!

HTownBTDown
04-01-2006, 02:06 PM
Moulds has not been signed, yea the NFL brass says were close to a deal, but until you hear a SOLID press release about it you can never say Moulds is a texan. Cook is an average Fullback nothing special just Depth. Putzier didn't come through as a sleeper last season, but he still has 73 catches over the last two seasons. He knows Gary Kubiak's offense and is likely to start as a key pass-catcher for Us. Anthony Weaver is a hard-nosed player who is an anchor against the run and a threat as a pass rusher.

TexanBacker93
04-01-2006, 03:25 PM
I don't feel the Texans have really entertained serious thoughts about drafting VY. I'm sure they are impressed with him as well as anyone and he's got a great future ahead of him. If the team was really serious about drafting him, though, they wouldn't have exercised the option for Carr. This has been discussed over and over, but there isn't the cap room for both. I can still be proved wrong, but that's my opinion.:deadhorse

HTownBTDown
04-01-2006, 04:19 PM
PLEASE No-More Vince Young Talk......We will not draft Vince Young no matter how bad everyone wants him and that's that