PDA

View Full Version : Some thoughts on WR's!

Ibar_Harry
03-31-2006, 03:38 PM
Here is a nice article on how the WR has been downgraded by Teams. This is from ESPN, but you will find it interesting.....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2391429

Seems teams are leaning back to the running game and defense. It will be interesting to see Kubiak's approach to this with the Texans. Most think he will be 60-40 running game, but could he surprise everyone. I do like the philosophy of run when its correct and pass when its correct. You shouldn't always run and you shouldn't always pass. You do what is best at the time.

Texans#1
04-01-2006, 09:56 PM
So what are you saying is that the Texans should run more this year last year but the problem is thhat DD only got 3 yards per run and that not to good i think they should stay woth the passing game its better for then to do that then to run but they could run if its 3rd down with 3 yard for the first down then ill be happy with there running game.

Ibar_Harry
04-01-2006, 10:01 PM
So what are you saying is that the Texans should run more this year last year but the problem is thhat DD only got 3 yards per run and that not to good i think they should stay woth the passing game its better for then to do that then to run but they could run if its 3rd down with 3 yard for the first down then ill be happy with there running game.

No, I was posting an article about how the NFL as a whole is looking at WR's and pointing out that most expect Kubiak to run more than pass. However, I'm not certain that that will be the case. What we did last year with the run will probably not be what we do this year. We should have a higher per yards carried this year.

bad
04-01-2006, 10:09 PM
I think it's more a case of offensive balance. Under Capers and Palmer, everyone knew the Texans were running the ball up the middle on third and short, they were right and we punted.

There are "obvious" passing downs and "obvious" running downs and a lot of downs that could go either way. The Texans of old could be counted on to go the conservative route on those "tweener" downs and darn near every "obvious" running down.

Many "obvious" passing downs turned into running downs for Carr because of the "2.5 seconds then a jailbreak" offensive line scheme.

It worked about as well as running together 75 words in one long sentence without any punctuation.

Bobo
04-01-2006, 10:19 PM
I do like the philosophy of run when its correct and pass when its correct.

Uh, yeah, so do I. And so does everybody who's watching the games.

Texas
04-02-2006, 04:42 PM
I think we should judge it game by game and the kind of defense were facing.

jmerog
04-02-2006, 10:48 PM
I think we should judge it game by game and the kind of defense were facing.

Agreed. I expect to see a dynamic offense from kubes. I doubt he will get stuck in one gear. He will probably lean toward the run but not to our detrement.

jmerog
04-02-2006, 11:04 PM
Dang battlered, your girlfriend is ultra hot! Kudos. You must be doing something right.