PDA

View Full Version : Eagle's and Gaffney

TexanSam
03-31-2006, 01:13 PM
So now that they're trying to make an excuse as to why Moulds won't be going there and that he sucks now, they've also been saying that Gaffney will be an upgrade over their #2. Now I know Gaffney didn't get as many balls thrown to him as we would have liked, seeing as Carr was constantly on the bottom of a dogpile, but I would think after 4 years, Gaffney would have shown us that he was capable of being a #2. There were never any flashes of "brilliance" that I saw in him. Best of luck to the Eagles with Gaffney as their #2. We'll enjoy our time with a proven WR, Moulds, as our #2.

aj.
03-31-2006, 01:22 PM
Eagles fans will learn soon enough that Gaffney has good hands, isn't afraid to go across the middle, but isn't a breakaway threat from a X or Z position because of his inability to get separation on good corners, especially in straight man coverage.

hollywood_texan
03-31-2006, 01:47 PM
So now that they're trying to make an excuse as to why Moulds won't be going there and that he sucks now, they've also been saying that Gaffney will be an upgrade over their #2. Now I know Gaffney didn't get as many balls thrown to him as we would have liked, seeing as Carr was constantly on the bottom of a dogpile, but I would think after 4 years, Gaffney would have shown us that he was capable of being a #2. There were never any flashes of "brilliance" that I saw in him. Best of luck to the Eagles with Gaffney as their #2. We'll enjoy our time with a proven WR, Moulds, as our #2.

Many people say the same thing about Carr.

Interestingly, it looks like both of these guys are going to get their chances this year and won't have any excuses.

thunderkyss
03-31-2006, 01:51 PM
Gaffney's numbers are comparable I think to Givens, who everyone agrees is a definite #2. Gaffney, IIRC, had more first downs...... I think he was a solid #2, and he's still has plenty of upside.

I'm really upset about loosing him....

Of course we could hear some news Monday that will ease the pain.

texan279
03-31-2006, 05:26 PM
Gaffney's numbers are comparable I think to Givens, who everyone agrees is a definite #2. Gaffney, IIRC, had more first downs...... I think he was a solid #2, and he's still has plenty of upside.

I'm really upset about loosing him....

Of course we could hear some news Monday that will ease the pain.

Gaff has 171 catches in 64 games for 2009 yards, 11.7 YPC, and 7 TD's. Givens has 158 catches in 53 games for 2214 yards, 14.0 YPC, and 12 TD's.

Dawkins
04-01-2006, 01:28 AM

Where is this hostility coming from towards Eagles fans? The majority of us were never high on Moulds in the first place. I'm not sure I'm understanding the reasoning for the tone behind your post. Not to rag on the Texans, but Gaffney hasn't exactly had an offensive juggernaught to prove himself with. I'm not sitting here claiming that the Eagles' offense is the greatest ever, but I think if Gaffney really is going to prove himself, this will be the perfect place to do it.

Eagles fans will learn soon enough that Gaffney has good hands, isn't afraid to go across the middle, but isn't a breakaway threat from a X or Z position because of his inability to get separation on good corners, especially in straight man coverage.

That's why a lot of us are excited to see what Gaffney can do here. Good hands is something that I'd rather have in most situations than breakaway speed. If he can be reliable on 3rd down situations to pick up a first, then that's good enough for me. We have Reggie Brown and Pinkston (:brickwall ) for other aspects of the receiving game.

mexican_texan
04-01-2006, 01:39 AM
Andre Johnson had the same offensive "juggernaut" and made the Pro Bowl.

Kaiser Toro
04-01-2006, 09:58 AM
Eagles fans will be pleasantly surprised with the addition of Gaff. In my opinion he will be one of the best signings this year.

RTP2110
04-01-2006, 11:53 AM
Eagles fans will be pleasantly surprised with the addition of Gaff. In my opinion he will be one of the best signings this year.

Ditto.

aj.
04-01-2006, 03:28 PM
That's why a lot of us are excited to see what Gaffney can do here. Good hands is something that I'd rather have in most situations than breakaway speed. If he can be reliable on 3rd down situations to pick up a first, then that's good enough for me.

Then you will probably end up liking him. Good possession slot guy.

Double Barrel
04-01-2006, 03:30 PM
I wish Gaffney all the luck in the world, especially those two games against the Cowboys! I'd be excited to have him if I was an Eagles fan. It will be cool to see what he's truly capable of on an established offence.