PDA

View Full Version : The Moulds Factor

battlered
03-31-2006, 02:54 AM
okay i'm tired of people saying moulds is too old, that he's not gonna be able to get 70catches a season, BLAH BLAH BLAH

All Moulds will need to do is play the game, make crucial catches(unlike Bradford), he's just here really to take pressure off of AJ80, he still at least the beginning of the season command some of the defenses attention.

thus opening up more for our offense, meaning more plays we can run, Draws, bootlegs. i don't care if either Moulds or AJ is our #1 receiver, as long as Moulds proves that he can make the catches, which he has thus being in the league for so long and still demanding attention in the FA all is good. he can mentor aj and our receiving corps, he can front Carr if he does something wrong, never saw any of our receivers bash him, (but carr didn't bash Bradford in the game for missing a ball either)

we will prob have the best players to ever play in the kubiak scheme not counting elway n' terrell davis.

W/ AJ, Moulds, Walter, Mathis, Putzier we could have sucess playin a pass oriented offense,
W/ Bush(if we draft him), DomDavis, Morency, Norris and our other FB's we can also have sucess just playin a run oriented offense.

which means that our offense will/should be great(if our O-line can play the scheme right)

so w/ kubes i'd say we're prob gonna do a 60/40 run/pass offense, the amount of passing plays will depend on the o-line being able to protect carr, but if we can run well, which we should, we have more receiving options in AJ, Moulds, Putzier, Bush, DD, Mathis, Walter.

i think our offense will be our greatest turnaround, i just hope that we can get our D. to play smart and aggressive. Main key to how good our defense will be is if we're able to consistently pressure the QB, i think we're running a 4-3 cover 2 scheme, and hopefully P-buc will thrive, faggins might because he doesn't have great athletisicm, and he could just cover a zone instead of manning up w/ a fast wideout,

but back to the point, i think moulds will do great, he doesn't need to catch a TD everygame to be effective, he just needs to keep the defense in check, by forcing them not being able to double down on AJ and bush,

one play i like! Scenario
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y211/pkrause19/play.jpg

---we motion bush out to aj's side forcing ss to man-up on bush
---aj can't be doubled
---fs can double moulds, or cover Putzier but will prob play deep cover1 to
protect against the big play
---lb will prob cover Putzier once he runs his route other OLB will prob blitz, mlb could play a qbspy or cover the middle, but most likely will blitz (b/c our bad rep for our line)
---fb stays in to block
---molds runs a deep out post route,
---putzier runs a 3-5yd flats on molds side
---bush runs a wheel route
---AJ a 3-5yd slant towards the middle

---now if mlb blitzes than the FS has to help w/ either SS on Bush, run to the line to help out w/ AJ, or help out on Moulds,
---play is really designed to be for bush b/c his speed against a SS on a deep route might = a big gain/td
---hot route would be AJ if safety helps out on bush and the mlb is blitzin than AJ should have a short yardage catch w/ a chance for some YAC yards.

--- could also have moulds run a 5-10yd hitch route and send putzier down the field.
and yes i know only in a perfect world would this play work, well really as long as the opposing D isn't play a cover2/3/4 scheme. but motioning bush should give carr a somewhat look at what the d will be running

p.s. sorry my diagram sux(did it in less than 3min), and sorry that it's a small pic.

+ & - Comments welcome

michaelm
03-31-2006, 03:13 AM
Personally, I think you and others are underestimating Moulds by quite a bit. He hasn't lost much of his game physically and he plays the game with intelligence.
I think it's actually more than likely that he will be our best wideout statistically next season. AJ will continue to get the most attention from opposing Ds, and that will be a mistake IMO.
Moulds isn't the homerun threat that AJ can be, but he will be consistant, and consistantly good.
I'm not predicting it (yet), but if someone told me that we could have two 1,000yd recievers and a 1,000yd rusher next year I would not argue with them.
Of course, as always the question will be about protecting DC until we prove we can do it, but I think the OL will be at least average next year which will be a pretty sizeable improvement.

Xman
03-31-2006, 11:06 AM
okay i'm tired of people saying moulds is too old, that he's not gonna be able to get 70catches a season, BLAH BLAH BLAH

All Moulds will need to do is play the game, make crucial catches(unlike Bradford), he's just here really to take pressure off of AJ80, he still at least the beginning of the season command some of the defenses attention.

thus opening up more for our offense, meaning more plays we can run, Draws, bootlegs. i don't care if either Moulds or AJ is our #1 receiver, as long as Moulds proves that he can make the catches, which he has thus being in the league for so long and still demanding attention in the FA all is good. he can mentor aj and our receiving corps, he can front Carr if he does something wrong, never saw any of our receivers bash him, (but carr didn't bash Bradford in the game for missing a ball either)

we will prob have the best players to ever play in the kubiak scheme not counting elway n' terrell davis.

W/ AJ, Moulds, Walter, Mathis, Putzier we could have sucess playin a pass oriented offense,
W/ Bush(if we draft him), DomDavis, Morency, Norris and our other FB's we can also have sucess just playin a run oriented offense.

which means that our offense will/should be great(if our O-line can play the scheme right)

so w/ kubes i'd say we're prob gonna do a 60/40 run/pass offense, the amount of passing plays will depend on the o-line being able to protect carr, but if we can run well, which we should, we have more receiving options in AJ, Moulds, Putzier, Bush, DD, Mathis, Walter.

i think our offense will be our greatest turnaround, i just hope that we can get our D. to play smart and aggressive. Main key to how good our defense will be is if we're able to consistently pressure the QB, i think we're running a 4-3 cover 2 scheme, and hopefully P-buc will thrive, faggins might because he doesn't have great athletisicm, and he could just cover a zone instead of manning up w/ a fast wideout,

but back to the point, i think moulds will do great, he doesn't need to catch a TD everygame to be effective, he just needs to keep the defense in check, by forcing them not being able to double down on AJ and bush,

one play i like! Scenario
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y211/pkrause19/play.jpg

---we motion bush out to aj's side forcing ss to man-up on bush
---aj can't be doubled
---fs can double moulds, or cover Putzier but will prob play deep cover1 to
protect against the big play
---lb will prob cover Putzier once he runs his route other OLB will prob blitz, mlb could play a qbspy or cover the middle, but most likely will blitz (b/c our bad rep for our line)
---fb stays in to block
---molds runs a deep out post route,
---putzier runs a 3-5yd flats on molds side
---bush runs a wheel route
---AJ a 3-5yd slant towards the middle

---now if mlb blitzes than the FS has to help w/ either SS on Bush, run to the line to help out w/ AJ, or help out on Moulds,
---play is really designed to be for bush b/c his speed against a SS on a deep route might = a big gain/td
---hot route would be AJ if safety helps out on bush and the mlb is blitzin than AJ should have a short yardage catch w/ a chance for some YAC yards.

--- could also have moulds run a 5-10yd hitch route and send putzier down the field.
and yes i know only in a perfect world would this play work, well really as long as the opposing D isn't play a cover2/3/4 scheme. but motioning bush should give carr a somewhat look at what the d will be running

p.s. sorry my diagram sux(did it in less than 3min), and sorry that it's a small pic.

+ & - Comments welcome

I like it.
I have been blowing Moulds' horn for two months - - I admit I thought Buff would cut him a while back but we got him (I hope) so it is all good.

I like the play. I think that is part of what makes Bush so scary - you can't cover him with a LB and probably not a safety (most safetys in the league won't be able to cover AJ, Moulds or Bush). So, I think most defenses will be forced to leave a 3rd CB in most of the game, which will open up the running game.

Also, when we sit Moulds or AJ - Bush and DD in together with a FB/TE or 2 TEs will let us shift into a variety of dangerous formations. (one huge benefit to Putzier is that the backside CB, if Putz is on that side, cannot automatically blitz)
When we sit Bush - DD can step in.

Kaiser Toro
03-31-2006, 11:15 AM
Did I miss something? Are Moulds and Bush signed as Texans?

twinkletwinkle
03-31-2006, 12:46 PM
Seriously, you have to be the perfect woman, good looking and football smarts too. The diagram blew me away and "Cover 1" are you kidding, thats some knowledge to be sportin. Moulds is a HUGE step in the right direction.

KSig44
03-31-2006, 12:56 PM
I was about to say, if that was her posting I would be hitting on her. I look forward to battlered posts just to see that picture. Lucky man.:ok:

powerfuldragon
03-31-2006, 01:13 PM
Seriously, you have to be the perfect woman, good looking and football smarts too. The diagram blew me away and "Cover 1" are you kidding, thats some knowledge to be sportin. Moulds is a HUGE step in the right direction.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=40744212

that's who you fell in love with.

twinkletwinkle
03-31-2006, 01:16 PM
She is not my girlfriend. Not yet anyways. :cool:

powerfuldragon
03-31-2006, 01:17 PM
She is not my girlfriend. Not yet anyways. :cool:
HAHAHAHahahaha

twinkletwinkle
03-31-2006, 01:23 PM
Wow thats funny BattleRed is a my space Asian Dude. Just kidding about all that other nonsense. Wow. I thought it was too good to be true. Should have known better, Hot Chicks dont know defensive schemes.

zeplin
03-31-2006, 02:29 PM
Personally, I think you and others are underestimating Moulds by quite a bit. He hasn't lost much of his game physically and he plays the game with intelligence.
I think it's actually more than likely that he will be our best wideout statistically next season. AJ will continue to get the most attention from opposing Ds, and that will be a mistake IMO.
Moulds isn't the homerun threat that AJ can be, but he will be consistant, and consistantly good.
I'm not predicting it (yet), but if someone told me that we could have two 1,000yd recievers and a 1,000yd rusher next year I would not argue with them.
Of course, as always the question will be about protecting DC until we prove we can do it, but I think the OL will be at least average next year which will be a pretty sizeable improvement.

You may be right. And I agree he will make a formidable number2 RX.
I think we are having a exceptional offseason..
We have been aggresive and smart about the aquisitions we are making unlike past years..

Go GARY!!!:homer:

Bobo
04-01-2006, 02:33 AM
My comment is this: If the Texans don't do something about the offensive line, then there will be just more of the same thing that Jabbar Gaffney talked about after leaving -- that is, Carr being sacked before the receivers even get halfway through their routes. I don't care if you have Marvin Harrison and Randy Moss as your WRs. If you don't have an OL that can keep away the rush, then you will experience nothing but frustration. And when Moulds gets frustrated, he has proven that he can be more of a detriment to his team than an asset.

mexican_texan
04-01-2006, 10:14 AM
LOL! yeah that pic was from 2yrs ago! the girl in my profile is an old friend of mine, i put her up just in case my ex-gf sees it she'll be pissed b/c she thinks we're "talkin", anyways long story.

but yeah!
if the opposing defense plays nickel, than we should run
if they play in a regular base then we have the option of motioning bush out.
the play is dependent on LBs. If the drop into coverage, they could tip Vince Young's pass. If they rush, Reggie Bush can't hold them. If only one rushes, D'Brick will stop them. BTW, I run this play in Madden a lot and what would set it over the top would be to have the FB or the HB go from out of the backfield to an empty area.

run-david-run
04-01-2006, 10:39 AM
This might seem like an interesting idea, but what about putting DD in the FB spot when we first line up? If we resign Wells, he would work even better. The reason being that when Reggie goes in motion, DD can just take his spot as the running back, forcing the defense to also protect against the run, as opposed to just a pass. However, if DD cant block very well, it might be a little obvious as to what we will be trying to do...

Bobo
04-01-2006, 11:46 AM
I personally don't even care to hear about any new player on this team unless they are associated with the offensive line or the defense as a hole. These are the real needs of this team -- not WR, QB, TE or FB. I don't care if you have Jimmy Brown, Johnny Unitas, Jerry Rice or Antonio Gates. Those guys won't be productive at all unless you have an offensive line that can keep the opposing pass rushers off the QB and give the WRs enough time to complete their routes. And the greatest RBs, QBs and WRs in the world won't be productive if the opposing team eats up yardage at seven yards a clip by running the ball down the field and keeping your offense off the field. So let's get realistic. This is not fantasy football where all that matters is what kind of "skill players" you have on the team. There's a reason Dan Marino did that commercial where he gave the Flextoner gloves to his offensive linemen, you know.

run-david-run
04-01-2006, 12:01 PM
Thats great, other then watching Vicotr Rilley and Todd Wade play matador on the outisde, what else did you notice about the O-line play? Personally, I saw a whole bunch of pressure up the middle (Flanagan signed) and a whole lot of miscomunication, reulting in linebackers coming free a lot! While it would be nice to get D'Brick, and Im sure he would really help us, but by adding a new center, and most importantly, a new scheme, the offenseive line should look much better this season. Also, for the first time in team history, we have a qualified O-line coach!

Texans>Colts
04-01-2006, 12:37 PM
Just because Madden rates him good he'll be good:rolleyes:

run-david-run
04-01-2006, 03:31 PM
Just because Madden rates him good he'll be good:rolleyes:
Who are you talking about?

IroquoisJoe
04-02-2006, 10:58 AM
Morning Texan Fans!!

Calling in here from the north woods someplace outside Buffalo.

I've been following Moulds his entire carreer, and loving it.
Just signed onto your board, reading some of your threads. So what I have to say has probably been gone over numerous times.

First off, I agree that some of you have been underestimating Moulds. He may have lost a step, but he was fast to begin with and is STILL a deep threat.
He's big, he's tough, and can play with a mean streak.

If he had a QB tossing to him like Farve, Manning or Green his entire carreer, or just one consistant guy playing with him behind centre, he'd be a candidate for the hall of fame by now. The constant turnover in Buffalo, and the rag-tag, less than stellar collection of nobs at QB have stunted his stats big time.

Look at his numbers with Bledsoe (Frankensloe). If he had that going for him for 5 years he'd be up there with the best.

Buffalo's loss is the Texans gain. He will make you proud. Wish he finished out his days up here.
He's well worth your 4th. He's a sure thing for at least 2 more years and longer. How many 4th round picks can you say that about, stepping into the line up.

Thanks again,I wish a great season for you and may God Bless!.

Ibar_Harry
04-02-2006, 02:05 PM
Morning Texan Fans!!

Just signed onto your board, reading some of your threads. So what I have to say has probably been gone over numerous times.

First off, I agree that some of you have been underestimating Moulds. He may have lost a step, but he was fast to begin with and is STILL a deep threat.

If he had a QB tossing to him like Farve, Manning or Green his entire carreer, or just one consistant guy playing with him behind centre, he'd be a candidate for the hall of fame by now. The constant turnover in Buffalo, and the rag-tag, less than stellar collection of nobs at QB have stunted his stats big time.

Look at his numbers with Bledsoe (Frankensloe). If he had that going for him for 5 years he'd be up there with the best.

Buffalo's loss is the Texans gain. He will make you proud. Wish he finished out his days up here.
He's well worth your 4th. He's a sure thing for at least 2 more years and longer. How many 4th round picks can you say that about, stepping into the line up.

Thanks for the comments. Its not a done deal yet, but I think Moulds and the Texans can go a long way this year. New coaching, a number of new players, and the draft all add up to something very different than prior years. I have high hopes that our receiver coor along with AJ and Moulds leading the way are going to be a nightmare to defend. Obviously we should have an above average running game to add to it. I keep thinking we are going to be a big surprise if it all fits together like I think it will. You might want to watch a few of the Texans games this year. May be you will even become a fan....

IroquoisJoe
04-02-2006, 02:44 PM
Thanks for the comments. Its not a done deal yet, but I think Moulds and the Texans can go a long way this year. New coaching, a number of new players, and the draft all add up to something very different than prior years. I have high hopes that our receiver coor along with AJ and Moulds leading the way are going to be a nightmare to defend. Obviously we should have an above average running game to add to it. I keep thinking we are going to be a big surprise if it all fits together like I think it will. You might want to watch a few of the Texans games this year. May be you will even become a fan....
The Texans Will be my #1 team after Buffalo. Should be interesting when we meet this year.
Loved the way you beat Dallas in your home opener, I think your first game in the league, way back then.

AngusKeenan
04-03-2006, 12:46 PM

Hi, I just posted in the other moulds thread. I am a bills fan, and I just want to reiterate the point you just made. Moulds hasnt put up the BIGGEST numbers because every snap he's on the field, he is double covered. EVERY Play. Which is why it was easy for Deadslow/holcomb/losman to find Lee Evans for us the last two years. It's also why Pierless Price thrived in Buffalo with Bledsoe. So with AJ and moulds, opposing D's will have to chose who to double, or just single cover both. And both of those guys can rip it up in single coverage. I see your WR situation being amazing this year Texans fans, especially if you get reggie to compliment! Cheers and good luck!

Bearfan Blue and Orange
04-03-2006, 01:15 PM
Morning Texan Fans!!

I would agree if our pick was not the first pick of the 4th round that is like a late 3rd round and some of the most productive players are found in rounds 3-5 in the draft. I do not know if it is because there is not much spotlight on them and they can come in and just concentrate on performing while the 1 and 2 pick are being picked apart by the media and the fans and fly under the radar a bit. Who knows. but a 5th rounder and helping Buffalo with $5 million of cap space is very generous. Especially when there are no other teams that are willing to give that high of a draft pick for him or who have worked to restructure his contract, which if I am thinking correctly, Buffalo could not get Moulds to do that.TWICE

AngusKeenan
04-03-2006, 02:00 PM
Who knows. but a 5th rounder and helping Buffalo with $5 million of cap space is very generous. Especially when there are no other teams that are willing to give that high of a draft pick for him or who have worked to restructure his contract, which if I am thinking correctly, Buffalo could not get Moulds to do that.TWICE

you're right they tried. I believe he wouldnt restructure FOR buffalo. He's sick of this place. I think it was just him saying, get me the heck out of here.. No offense, but the texans arent exactly super bowl contenders next year, so its obviously a beef with buffalo, and not all about the money if he's really wants to become a texan. It's obvious he just wants a change of scenery, and there is plenty of talent on your squad to draw him there. But as far as the fear of giving up the draft pick, he will perform to your liking. Much better than anyone you would draft in the 4th this year anyway. And since you could get 2-4 years of service out of him, i think its a good deal.

Ihategeeks
04-04-2006, 05:32 AM
I like Moulds, one of my favorite all time Bills

But the man doesn't have it. He's looking like 40 year old Jerry Rice out there.

IroquoisJoe
04-04-2006, 09:18 AM
I like Moulds, one of my favorite all time Bills

But the man doesn't have it. He's looking like 40 year old Jerry Rice out there.
He's in great shape. he has a work out regime thats 2nd to none.

Your right, he is a Jerry Rice type player, but 8 years younger with a lot left in the tank yet. He's still a deep threat, and will automaticaly upgrade your passing and ground game. Plus Carr has another trusted option in a jam.

If I recollect. Carr could'nt stay off his keaster because your line was mediocre. If you can upgrade that aspect and Carr isn't running for his life or getting sacked as often, you'll gain instant respect when your offense steps out.

Moulds, like I said before, is fast, tough, good size, plays with a mean streak, and has veteran smarts and good hands. Is a leader, is seldom hurt, has character and did I mention isn't a bad blocker either.

......also my friend, a high 4th round pick is still a 4th round pick, saying it's almost like a 3rd sounds a lot like someone's teenage daughter telling her folks she's just "a little bit pregnant." Either it is... or it isn't.

Mind you, it's a choice 4th, better than the Seahawks, but if the Bills were dealing with them, they'd be going for there low 3rd (almost a little bit pregnant 4th)

Either way, it's gone this far, and the men making the deals know the true value of the situation and whats at stake for both teams, they'll work out whats fair for both.

later:ok:

Bearfan Blue and Orange
04-04-2006, 09:27 AM
He's in great shape. he has a work out regime thats 2nd to none.

Your right, he is a Jerry Rice type player, but 8 years younger with a lot left in the tank yet. He's still a deep threat, and will automaticaly upgrade your passing and ground game. Plus Carr has another trusted option in a jam.

If I recollect. Carr could'nt stay off his keaster because your line was mediocre. If you can upgrade that aspect and Carr isn't running for his life or getting sacked as often, you'll gain instant respect when your offense steps out.

Moulds, like I said before, is fast, tough, good size, plays with a mean streak, and has veteran smarts and good hands. Is a leader, is seldom hurt, has character and did I mention isn't a bad blocker either.

......also my friend, a high 4th round pick is still a 4th round pick, saying it's almost like a 3rd sounds a lot like someone's teenage daughter telling her folks she's just "a little bit pregnant." Either it is... or it isn't.

Mind you, it's a choice 4th, better than the Seahawks, but if the Bills were dealing with them, they'd be going for there low 3rd (almost a little bit pregnant 4th)

Either way, it's gone this far, and the men making the deals know the true value of the situation and whats at stake for both teams, they'll work out whats fair for both.

later:ok:

Seahawks??? Where do they fit in this? We are talking about the Texans. The seahawks abviously thought there was more upside in Nate Burleson than an older Moulds if that is what you are saying

IroquoisJoe
04-04-2006, 09:40 AM
Seahawks??? Where do they fit in this? We are talking about the Texans. The seahawks abviously thought there was more upside in Nate Burleson than an older Moulds if that is what you are saying
No Bearfan, I'm not saying that. I was using the Seahawks as an example of a team picking later in the round as opposed to the Texans who have the 1st 4th round pick.

"If" the the Seahawks, for example were the ones making this deal, I was pointing out the fact that the Bills may come in asking for their low 3rd, it's in the same ballpark as the Texans high 4th.

Just responding to someone elses blurb, and it's just speculation on my part, as is 90% of what I read on most message boards. Even this one.

powerfuldragon
04-04-2006, 09:45 AM
... the man doesn't have it. He's looking like 40 year old Jerry Rice out there.

I disagree. He'll be double covered a lot this season.

Vambo, the Marble Eye
04-04-2006, 10:31 AM
ANY UPDATE ON MOULDS? Where does he stand right now, today...?

Bearfan Blue and Orange
04-04-2006, 11:32 AM
ANY UPDATE ON MOULDS? Where does he stand right now, today...?

Moulds is standing in the same place as all the Texan fans... Out of the loop until the is either agreement for the 5th round or an agreement to disagree and moulds is stuck there to see if they release him.

You know, they have Dick Juron and his high potent offense in Chicago put him to a 13-3 season when he was there.

throwANDREtheBALL
04-04-2006, 02:35 PM
He's ours

Its been finalized!

Woo Hoo

:yahoo:

Hardcore Texan
04-04-2006, 02:59 PM
Yes, it is official. 4 years 14 million dollars, 5 mil signing bonus. Saw it on ESPN NEWS, and the HUGE thread about Moulds has links on the last page to a espn article.

It is looking good!!!
:yahoo: :)

The_Philster
04-04-2006, 08:28 PM
I disagree. He'll be double covered a lot this season.
just as he was last season....and provided Carr gets some chemistry with him...enough to have confidence in him...he'll beat a lot of those double teams. That was the problem JP had..he didn't have as much confidence in Moulds to beat the double teams

Ibar_Harry
04-04-2006, 09:01 PM
just as he was last season....and provided Carr gets some chemistry with him...enough to have confidence in him...he'll beat a lot of those double teams. That was the problem JP had..he didn't have as much confidence in Moulds to beat the double teams

I think Carr will have the luxury of not worrying about the double coverage, because we are going to have someone with excellent hands open. He will be the target when AJ is double covered and vice versa. Then there is Reggie if both of them are covered or DD or Putzier. Oh, well, you get the drift. Make the game easy is the name of the game.

Jwwillis
04-04-2006, 10:17 PM
Carr,AJ,Moulds,Bush!!!!!!

:yahoo:

David's Busted Carr
04-06-2006, 12:18 PM
QUOTE from Eric Moulds regarding his previous QB situation in Buffalo and future QB situation:

"It's tough because it limits your abilities, but I have great memories. It was just frustrating playing with so many quarterbacks. You just had to keep adjusting. IT'S NOT LIKE THAT HERE, DAVID CARR IS THE QUARTERBACK, AND HE'S GOING TO BE HERE THE WHOLE TIME. I JUST HAVE TO ADJUST TO HIM."

So all you VY lovers try that on for size. Because it's obvious QB stability was important to him for his new team and you know he must have been assured of that by someone in order to get him here.

mike230765
04-06-2006, 12:20 PM
I hope that the Texans do not get VY, If David struggles then Sage will come in and do a decent job(I would rather have Josh McCown) but i honestly think David will do just fine.

mike230765
04-06-2006, 12:30 PM
There is an artice about moulds on nfl.com

the wonger need food
04-06-2006, 12:36 PM
He will be the target when AJ is double covered and vice versa. Then there is Reggie if both of them are covered or DD or Putzier.

What makes you think that Carr can get to a 2nd or even 3rd progression?

jerek
04-06-2006, 01:07 PM
QUOTE from Eric Moulds regarding his previous QB situation in Buffalo and future QB situation:

"It's tough because it limits your abilities, but I have great memories. It was just frustrating playing with so many quarterbacks. You just had to keep adjusting. IT'S NOT LIKE THAT HERE, DAVID CARR IS THE QUARTERBACK, AND HE'S GOING TO BE HERE THE WHOLE TIME. I JUST HAVE TO ADJUST TO HIM."

So all you VY lovers try that on for size. Because it's obvious QB stability was important to him for his new team and you know he must have been assured of that by someone in order to get him here.

Given how assured McNabb is of starting in Philly ... yeah, makes you think someone around here must have slipped him a word.

twinkletwinkle
04-06-2006, 01:09 PM
That was up last week. VY is not going to play for the Texans. HUGE MISTAKE from a marketing perspective IMO. But he wont play for us. I bet Dallas trades up and gets him. Bledsoe only has 2 years left and VY to Owens would be sick. I hate Dallas.

Hervoyel
04-06-2006, 01:15 PM
Vince Young to Owens won't be sick. It's a fantasy that Cowboys fans might have but it will never happen. Owens will have everyone in Dallas hating his guts by the time Vince Young is ready to take the field. They'll be like ships passing in the night.

Ibar_Harry
04-06-2006, 05:23 PM
What makes you think that Carr can get to a 2nd or even 3rd progression?

Because Sherman through the O-line will give him time and our offense is going to be so scary that we will not see the pressure of the past. You can not commit as much to rushing the passer as you have in the past when playing the Texans unless you want 50+ points scored against you. They will have to try to contain our offense to keep us from getting the big play. We have too many weapons and coaches who know how to defeat the blitz. Heck we had a set of coaches who didn't even know how or when to blitz before. No, don't under estimate what Carr can do with good guidance. You are in for a big surprise this year. Our coaches are going to put us in position to win.

Commissioner
04-07-2006, 02:32 AM
okay i'm tired of people saying moulds is too old, that he's not gonna be able to get 70catches a season, BLAH BLAH BLAH...........+ & - Comments welcome

i didn't feel like reading all that... but i have to stop you right there.

Moulds caught over 80 receptions last year in the worst offense in Bills history... that's with a rookie QB starting half the games and not throwing over 100 yards in 2 of them.... Moulds was also suspended for 1 game.

Moulds has plenty left in him.... if Carr can run Kubiaks offense and you fix the oline.... you guys could be the break out team this year.

The Dude Abides
04-08-2006, 03:09 AM
Moulds contract update - not sure if it has been posted.

Texans | Contract update: E. Moulds
Fri, 7 Apr 2006 20:25:12 -0700
The new four-year contract signed with the Houston Texans (http://www.kffl.com/team/18/nfl) by WR Eric Moulds (http://www.kffl.com/player/224/nfl) was worth $14 million. It included a $5 million signing bonus and base salaries of $1 million (2006), $2 million (2007), $3 million (2008) and $3 million (2009).

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

dwilt72
04-08-2006, 12:59 PM
I think Moulds adds a lot to our offense. You add him and Reggie and now we have some HR hitters! As long as we don't have significant injures, I think the offense will be a lot better.

Wolf
04-09-2006, 08:09 PM
http://boards.buffalobills.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=126193&st=120

wow it is a hit or miss thing over there about moulds. some say they got cheated (with a 5th rounder) and others are estatic to just get someting.

Texansbacker
04-10-2006, 01:07 AM
http://boards.buffalobills.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=126193&st=120

wow it is a hit or miss thing over there about moulds. some say they got cheated (with a 5th rounder) and others are estatic to just get someting.

That is funny reading the Bills fans' frustrations and I definitely think we got a steal getting Moulds for a 5th rounder. How sweet is that?! With Andre Johnson it will be a great tandem and he more than replaces Corey Bradford or Jabar Gaffney. Moulds put a whoopin' on the Texans when he played them.

The_Philster
04-23-2006, 07:20 AM

"It's tough because it limits your abilities, but I have great memories. It was just frustrating playing with so many quarterbacks. You just had to keep adjusting. IT'S NOT LIKE THAT HERE, DAVID CARR IS THE QUARTERBACK, AND HE'S GOING TO BE HERE THE WHOLE TIME. I JUST HAVE TO ADJUST TO HIM.".
That's interesting coming from him...because word is he was one of the guys most responsible for the Bills playing musical QBs in 2005. JP was (and hopefully still is) to be the future of the Bills. He struggled early on and Moulds supposedly lobbied to get him benched. Now, he's said since then that all differences with JP were resolved, but I just found that an interesting quote.

Wolf
04-23-2006, 01:06 PM
Apparently, one reason Chrebet is unhappy is that he's being used as a decoy more often on third down -- the situation where he's made much of his reputation. Because defenses key on Chrebet, space winds up getting cleared for other receivers like Santana Moss and Laveraneus Coles. If so, I'd suggest Chrebet look to upstate New York for some inspiration. Here's what Buffalo Bills receiver Eric Moulds had to say about a similar situation last season:

With coverage focused around Moulds, the sixth-year veteran admits that a path to team success in the last half of the 2001 season might involve capitalizing on opponents' defensive game plans and using the two-time Pro Bowler as a decoy.

"Every week, teams are going to pay attention to me and try to take me out of the game," Moulds said. "If they give you the opportunity to throw 20 passes out of the backfield, take it -- we'll win. If teams are going to come out and double-team me, that's fine."

"I'd rather win than have a 90-catch season.

http://www.ericmcerlain.com/offwingopinion/archives/week_2002_11_24.php