PDA

View Full Version : Houston Texans vs Cleveland Browns

TexanSam
03-31-2006, 01:28 AM
What was once a borefest and practice for wannabe NFL announcers has turned into a pretty intriguing matchup next season.

There could very well be the most improved teams in the NFL this season.

The Texans have added:

Sam Cowart
Anthony Weaver
Jameel Cook
Jeb Putzier
Sage Rosenfels
Mike Flanagan
N.D. Kalu
Eric Moulds (presumably)

The Browns have added:
LeCharles Bentley
Kevin Shaffer (LT)
Ted Washington (NT)
Joe Jurevicius (WR)
David Zastudil (P)
Willie McGinest (LB)

With an offensive minded coach in Kubiak and a defensive guy in Romeo Crennel it should be an interesting matchup. I'll assume we draft Reggie Bush, so that adds another layer to our offense. If Kellen Winslow actually gets to play, the game gets even more intriguing. I'm eagerly anticipating this matchup. It's not the Texans and Browns of old, that's for sure.

By the way, I was thinking about this matchup as I read this article on Sports Illustrated's website. Here's the link: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/nunyo_demasio/03/30/browns/index.html

Texas
03-31-2006, 01:31 AM
Edited

keyfro
03-31-2006, 01:43 AM
your right this isn't the same boring game...although the game last season was actually pretty fun to watch...both these teams are much improved however...i still see cleveland being at the bottom of the afc north...pitt and cinci are still too good for them to pass just yet and baltimore is always a challenge for them

HJam72
03-31-2006, 02:45 AM
What was once a borefest and practice for wannabe NFL announcers has turned into a pretty intriguing matchup next season.

There could very well be the most improved teams in the NFL this season.

The Texans have added:

Sam Cowart
Anthony Weaver
Jameel Cook
Jeb Putzier
Sage Rosenfels
Mike Flanagan
N.D. Kalu
Eric Moulds (presumably)

The Browns have added:
LeCharles Bentley
Kevin Shaffer (LT)
Ted Washington (NT)
Joe Jurevicius (WR)
David Zastudil (P)
Willie McGinest (LB)

With an offensive minded coach in Kubiak and a defensive guy in Romeo Crennel it should be an interesting matchup. I'll assume we draft Reggie Bush, so that adds another layer to our offense. If Kellen Winslow actually gets to play, the game gets even more intriguing. I'm eagerly anticipating this matchup. It's not the Texans and Browns of old, that's for sure.

By the way, I was thinking about this matchup as I read this article on Sports Illustrated's website. Here's the link: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...wns/index.html

You forgot we added Sam Cowart

:rolleyes: Way to tell 'im, dude. :ok:

Texans Horror
03-31-2006, 11:05 AM
Definitely going to be interesting to see these two teams go at it if we both turn the corner. I think we also play Buffalo again this year, and I hope we really take it to them after last year's debacle. Those are definitely two games I am already itching to see.

Texas
03-31-2006, 12:30 PM
Last edited by TexanSam : 10 Hours Ago at 12:48 AM. "Way to tell me dude :-p"