PDA

View Full Version : Miami Dolphin Fan Message Board

tsip
03-30-2006, 02:03 PM
...not sure if this has been mentioned, but the Dolphins shut down their Message Boards because of all the various BS posts (trolling,sexual inuendos,putting down posters,etc.,etc)---and we thought we had problems on our boards!!:yahoo:

Mike Kerns
03-30-2006, 02:07 PM
This is the only Official team site board I have been able to tolerate.

DominickDavisFan76
03-30-2006, 02:22 PM
Ya go texans!!!:yahoo: :fans: :fans:

TEXANS84
03-30-2006, 03:24 PM
This is one of the best run sports sites.

:yahoo:

:redtowel:

bigTEXan8
03-30-2006, 03:27 PM
Wait...what am I going to do with all my Ricky "lil' weed" Williams jokes?

mexican_texan
03-30-2006, 03:39 PM
Wait...what am I going to do with all my Ricky "lil' weed" Williams jokes?
You could console Aggies with them.

HJam72
03-30-2006, 04:23 PM
This is one of the best run sports sites.

:yahoo:

Yeah, it definitely is. :texflag:

Double Barrel
03-30-2006, 05:04 PM
wow...but doesn't surprise me. You've got to run a tight ship with fair moderators to have a decent forum. Otherwise, every troll and flametard on the 'net invades your place!

I don't even bother with forums that lack enforcement. Just a waste of time, IMO.

Khari
03-30-2006, 05:40 PM
You could console Aggies with them.

I'm an aggie. :spy:

Grid
03-30-2006, 06:17 PM
I didnt know that Miami even had an official forum.

All the Dolphin fans go here:

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/

mexican_texan
03-30-2006, 07:40 PM
I'm an aggie. :spy:
Vince throws like Uncle Rico.
Texas' best player liked weed more than football.

Serioiusly, Sorry.

4Texans
03-31-2006, 07:21 AM
...not sure if this has been mentioned, but the Dolphins shut down their Message Boards because of all the various BS posts (trolling,sexual inuendos,putting down posters,etc.,etc)---and we thought we had problems on our boards!!:yahoo:

I had seen that on their site a while back. We should all learn from that, so we don't lose the Texans Forum. Props to our guys for keeping this site going.:redtowel:

OzzO
03-31-2006, 01:05 PM
wow...but doesn't surprise me. You've got to run a tight ship with fair moderators to have a decent forum. Otherwise, every troll and flametard on the 'net invades your place!

I don't even bother with forums that lack enforcement. Just a waste of time, IMO.

flametard? I've heard those are tough to hunt down.

kiwitexansfan
03-31-2006, 01:19 PM
That forum went down in the off-season between the 2003 and 2004 seasons. I mentioned it to the mods back in September '04 as an example of what we want to avoid. Props to the mods here and our overall member core for making this place a good place to participate and to lurk as well.

I totally second this sentiment.... you guys do an awesome job of keeping the board in order.

And thanks to whoever put it together too, it is the best presented and easiest official MB of all the NFL clubs!:ok: :redtowel:

TexanExile
04-02-2006, 07:58 PM
*sigh* I was so unsurprised by that. South Florida at its finest.

It's just different down here in every sense of the word.

Look, I'm not puritanical, enjoy my occasional beer (when I can find Shiner), and could stand to clean up my language too. But if you made me pick (without looking) any NFL fan base whose official message board would be shut down for obscenity/profanity/general classlessness, assuming moderation was equal for all teams, Miami absolutely would've been #1 on the list. Even ahead of Philly and Oakland, if only barely.

Seņor Stan
04-03-2006, 09:07 AM
Like this.....

http://www.maj.com/gallery/soonerpsycho/Fark/throwslikeunclerico2.gif

THAT is too funny.

Sportsfan
04-03-2006, 01:36 PM
Like this.....

http://www.maj.com/gallery/soonerpsycho/Fark/throwslikeunclerico2.gif

LMAO! Priceless!!

who's the goober sitting on the porch laughing?

TexanFan881
04-03-2006, 02:14 PM
:redtowel: We have a great board! :redtowel:

mexican_texan
04-03-2006, 02:28 PM
LMAO! Priceless!!

who's the goober sitting on the porch laughing?
That is Mack Brown.

"I betcha I can throw a football over them there mountains."

Hardcore Texan
04-03-2006, 03:40 PM
Well I have never visited another teams MB to compare, I have just always assumed our is the best. For, it is the team that unites us! This is the only place where I can talk and read about Texan football in depth anyway, my wife usually nods off after the first 5 minutes.

Thanks Mods. :superman:

Sportsfan
04-03-2006, 03:45 PM
That is Mack Brown.

"I betcha I can throw a football over them there mountains."

Thats what i thought initially. Looks like someone snapped that pic of his face while he was on the crapper. LOL

TexanExile
04-04-2006, 07:10 PM
Well I have never visited another teams MB to compare, I have just always assumed our is the best. For, it is the team that unites us! This is the only place where I can talk and read about Texan football in depth anyway, my wife usually nods off after the first 5 minutes.

Thanks Mods. :superman:

Heh--same in my house...but that's what I get for marrying a non-Texan! :shrug: I've been to a few of the other boards, usually after being provoked into a look by some visiting fan posting over here. Some of them are good, but a few of the groups are so busy being vicious to each other that they seem to forget why they're even on the board.

I second the props to the moderators here. I've never had a complaint about a moderator's decision on this board. :thumbup

kastofsna
04-07-2006, 01:13 PM
which dolphins forum? the only one that matters--and one of the largest fan forums on the web--is still up and has never been shut down. only temporarily for ridiculous bandwidth usage (there were 1500 people online at once consistently during the brees/culpepper saga). is there another one?

kastofsna
04-07-2006, 01:20 PM
heh, for the best i suppose. i don't think anyone went there anyway. finheaven is huge and very well run considering it's just a fan site.

kastofsna
04-07-2006, 01:24 PM
yeah, i've been there. i think finheaven is just so much bigger and popular and has more to offer

jacquescas
04-07-2006, 02:01 PM
insert sexual inneundo here. :stirpot:

Mr. White
04-07-2006, 02:14 PM
Watch out for the Ladies Lounge over there....

TeXaN 80
04-07-2006, 02:31 PM
All you Dolphin Fans, stop coming on our site, I don't care if something is up with your site, deal with it. It's basically insulting yourselves by saying you can't live without message boards.

:brickwall

kastofsna
04-07-2006, 02:48 PM
Watch out for the Ladies Lounge over there....
:drool:

All you Dolphin Fans, stop coming on our site, I don't care if something is up with your site, deal with it. It's basically insulting yourselves by saying you can't live without message boards.

...yeah.

swtbound07
04-07-2006, 02:55 PM

Not your finest work friend. Post number 1 was much more dolphin-friendly. Its the internet....more specifically, its a thread about the miami dolphins. I was taught that texan hospitality extended to everyone.....so why drive people away from our site. We arent the philidelphia fans, we dont make people go through an extensive screening process to read our forums. Lighten up man.

bad
04-07-2006, 05:46 PM
Not your finest work friend. Post number 1 was much more dolphin-friendly. Its the internet....more specifically, its a thread about the miami dolphins. I was taught that texan hospitality extended to everyone.....so why drive people away from our site. We arent the philidelphia fans, we dont make people go through an extensive screening process to read our forums. Lighten up man. I've never been to the "official" Dolphins message board, however, a season or two ago I spent some time on finheaven and I was impressed by the hospitality and general goodwill directed towards me. I've not forgotten it.

I'd like to think that fans of other teams (who are not trolls) will remember the Texans message board with similar fondness.

I normally don't quote politicians because I generally despise them, but one exception is Arizona Senator John McCain, who summed up my feelings here with three simple words:

"Character is necessary."

kastofsna
04-07-2006, 06:33 PM
i'm sure you'll see several finheaveners here around week week 4.

mexican_texan
04-07-2006, 06:39 PM
i'm sure you'll see several finheaveners here around week week 4.
especially when we trade David Carr for Ricky Williams...