PDA

View Full Version : 3 questions

Meloy
03-29-2006, 02:30 PM
1. Has anyone compared Carr's stats and Dan Pastorini? Both were California boys with impressive college numbers and if I remember correctly the Oilers Oline was not that great in first years of Dante. He had a few QB sacks and had the "flack jacket" created for his ribs. Dante now has almost folk hero status.
2. If Bush excels and Morency does well in minimal carries in 06, would it be smart to use DD as trade bait for 2007 regardless of how he does?
3. I occasionally see a post about Kendrick Starling. I thought he was no longer with team. Thanks!

kiwitexansfan
03-29-2006, 02:32 PM
According to the roster of the main site, Starling is still on the team.

TheOgre
03-29-2006, 02:41 PM
1. Has anyone compared Carr's stats and Dan Pastorini? Both were California boys with impressive college numbers and if I remember correctly the Oilers Oline was not that great in first years of Dante. He had a few QB sacks and had the "flack jacket" created for his ribs. Dante now has almost folk hero status.
It is really comparing apples and oranges. In fact the Oilers as a team threw more INT's than TD's every single year from 1967-1986. Teams were more concerned with stopping the run than the pass back then. It is just another case where generations really have no business trying to compare players.

2. If Bush excels and Morency does well in minimal carries in 06, would it be smart to use DD as trade bait for 2007 regardless of how he does?
Possibly. It depends on what we could get for him and if we are willing to take a cap hit for it (for his prorated signing bonus).

3. I occasionally see a post about Kendrick Starling. I thought he was no longer with team. Thanks!
Starling is back with us, but I think he was on the Titans roster for part of last season.

alphajoker
03-29-2006, 02:55 PM

Yeah, the dude is back with the Texans and has been allocated to the NFL Europe Rhein Fire.

texanfan2100
03-29-2006, 04:26 PM
Possibly. It depends on what we could get for him and if we are willing to take a cap hit for it (for his prorated signing bonus).

The Todd Wade situation could also impact this. I can't see them taking a cap hit for both Wade and Davis after next season, and they might be in a situation where they HAVE to cut Wade after this season based on performance. They'll probably have to keep Davis for a while, which is not a bad thing.

TheOgre
03-29-2006, 04:45 PM
The Todd Wade situation could also impact this. I can't see them taking a cap hit for both Wade and Davis after next season, and they might be in a situation where they HAVE to cut Wade after this season based on performance. They'll probably have to keep Davis for a while, which is not a bad thing.

I'm not even sure Wade makes it that far past June 1st.

rafterticket
03-30-2006, 11:59 AM
[QUOTE=Meloy]2. If Bush excels and Morency does well in minimal carries in 06, would it be smart to use DD as trade bait for 2007 regardless of how he does?QUOTE]

Assuming we take Bush, and he starts, we might be stuck with DD. Anyone would value him a big injury risk. BUT, we all know he is injury prone from carrying an offense for two years.

I hope we have all three around. That is potentially an awesome RB corps. It might even extend DD's career.

aj.
03-30-2006, 12:06 PM
Starling was on the Seahawks and Saints practice squads for a while last year after he was cut by the Texans.

Sloan Thomas landed on the Titans.

Here's the best depth chart going. Updated frequently.

http://www.ourlads.com/secure/depthchart.cfm?index1=hou

Meloy
03-30-2006, 12:40 PM
[QUOTE=Meloy]2. If Bush excels and Morency does well in minimal carries in 06, would it be smart to use DD as trade bait for 2007 regardless of how he does?QUOTE]

Assuming we take Bush, and he starts, we might be stuck with DD. Anyone would value him a big injury risk. BUT, we all know he is injury prone from carrying an offense for two years.

I hope we have all three around. That is potentially an awesome RB corps. It might even extend DD's career. My thought exactly with DD,Bush & what I've seen of Morency, LOOK OUT! With that combo IMO we can have a back that can explode on a run or a catch the whole game. I also liked Wells but with the recent pick ups @ FB, I gues he will not resign. I haven't heard if he caught on elsewhere.

Thanks everybody for the news on Starling. I thought he has tremendous upside.

thunderkyss
03-30-2006, 12:51 PM

If we draft Reggie, I don't see DD being around much longer.....

This year, the difference between paying DD, and trading him was under $200,000. I think he'll definitely be trade bait, if Bush performs like he should. As a running back. If he becomes our Marshall faulk, & Morency impresses Kubes in training camp, practice, preseason, or on gameday....... DD is gone.