PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one rootin' for Young to be drafted?!

johnny_tlmn
03-28-2006, 10:26 PM
Look fellow Texan fans this is a once in a lifetime guarantee that either us or (I hope not) another team gettin' a rare talent that can clearly help any team out especially at comebacks not just lookin' at the Rose Bowl but other games as well any opinions?! Or do ya''ll think otherwise?:um:

jacquescas
03-28-2006, 10:28 PM
yes you are.

did we really need another thread on this?

uhcougar08
03-28-2006, 10:32 PM
yes you are.

did we really need another thread on this?

I agree, he needs to go sit in his closet and talk to himself a little more. It will help his dreaming abilities. Maybe he thought it was 4:20.

TexanSam
03-28-2006, 10:36 PM
Look fellow Texan fans this is a once in a lifetime guarantee that either us or (I hope not) another team gettin' a rare talent that can clearly help any team out especially at comebacks not just lookin' at the Rose Bowl but other games as well any opinions?! Or do ya''ll think otherwise?:um:

Your argument can also go towards Reggie Bush. Do you forget that before the draft he was being compared to Gale Sayers and Barry Sanders? The Texans would be really dumb to draft Vince. For one, we have David Carr. We gave him the extension. End of story. Should we draft Vince and he get's a contract similar to the one Alex Smith got last year that's 2 QB's that we're paying an arm and a leg for. Not gonna happen. Hope your dreams weren't shattered.

thunderkyss
03-28-2006, 10:40 PM
You're only allowed to root for Running Backs, Defensive ends, Offensive Tackles, Tight ends, Safeties.......... anyone really. Even Quarterbacks, as long as it isn't Vince Young..... that is not allowed. You will be put under a microscope, your football knowledge, and your team support will be questioned.

ONly offensive linemen, #2 Corners, and #2 WRs suck....... you are allowed to criticize all running backs, and linebakers, but try not to be too rough, we'll more than likely need to root for them in the upcoming season.

the starting Quarterback, is off limits, so before you go there.......... don't.

Señor Stan
03-28-2006, 10:43 PM
Wait a minute. Who is this Vince Young guy, and why haven't I heard of him before?

uhcougar08
03-28-2006, 10:44 PM
Aw thats cold didn't think you'd go that low. Come on man seriously he is better than Bush IMO by far.:challenge

How is he better than Bush.....how is Bush better than VY? They play different positions......they are uncomparable.

YoungTexanFan
03-28-2006, 10:46 PM
yes, you stand alone.

now, please remove yourself from this board.

Señor Stan
03-28-2006, 10:55 PM
the starting Quarterback, is off limits, so before you go there.......... don't.
by Tkyss

Did I say anything about him startin'?! No, but that would be even more better than planned. Nah seriously they just need to draft him plain and simple a talent that he has is just..u can't pass it up.:yahoo:

Turn up your sarc meter a notch or three.

You are arguing with the only person that has agreed with you so far.

Mike Kerns
03-28-2006, 11:08 PM
I am a Reggie guy, but on NFL Network today it said the Texans front office would be having dinner & meetings with Reggie the day before USC proday & the same with VInce Young on April 6. Hope it is just to wish Vince the best in Oakland. . .

uhcougar08
03-28-2006, 11:25 PM
by Tkyss

Did I say anything about him startin'?! No, but that would be even more better than planned. Nah seriously they just need to draft him plain and simple a talent that he has is just..u can't pass it up.:yahoo:

Explain to me your reasons on what talents he has and what he does best. Then I will throw something at you like, STUPID: Wunderlich=6, Slow: I thought he could run under 4.5?, and Can't read a defense: Why did Mack Brown change his offense last season? By the way, did you know that just about every player on NFL defenses are faster than that WR that has a strong arm?

awtysst
03-28-2006, 11:29 PM
Doesn't look so good for my Texans gettin' Young so far, but I'm still in it 'till the draft day comes.:redtowel:

I like Young. I think he will be a solid QB. However, I am with Houston no matter who they pick. I am with the team for the long run, not just till the draft.

YoungTexanFan
03-28-2006, 11:37 PM
I hear ya but I just want them to do whats right and draft Young. It'll answer everybody's questions.

It will answer no questions, in fact, it will only create more questions. Your argument is full of holes and flaws, and you seem to only be agreeing with yourself.

jerek
03-28-2006, 11:42 PM
Sir please put down the keyboard and step away from the computer.

thunderkyss
03-28-2006, 11:50 PM

Mann, I'd love to hang with you, but I don't have the stamina I thought I used to have.

These guys have wupped me......... I'm(we) are outnumbered, & outgunned.

Doesn't mean we are wrong......... doesn't mean that I'll have to return my #10 jersey...

bigcarlos
03-28-2006, 11:59 PM
:superman:

kbourda
03-29-2006, 12:05 AM
Why do people outside of Texas think he is the 3rd best QB in the draft?

I guess it's the same reason those people outside of Texas thought UT had no shot at beating the "MIGHTY" USC.

kcwilson
03-29-2006, 12:06 AM
[I]Doesn't look so good for my Texans gettin' Young so far, but I'm still in it 'till the draft day comes.:redtowel:

Ok, let's start here to cure your 'Vince-anity'... The Texans don't 'get' anybody in their current spot. That player 'gets' the Texans. You make it sound like we should be wooing Vince Young to come play in Houston.

With the #1 pick, we select the best player out there, Reggie Bush, and with that selection, we bring in a boatload of talent with the minimal risk associated. That is why he is rated #1 by so many.

Start dealing with separation anxiety now because it won't happen, look at all the FA selections, they point to Reggie Bush coming in house. Trading down seems further away than ever.

kbourda
03-29-2006, 12:09 AM
Win two in a row then you can talk to me.:dangit:

You win two in a row.

kcwilson
03-29-2006, 12:10 AM
Why do people outside of Texas think he is the 3rd best QB in the draft?

Always wanted to say on that last play were he ran for the game winning TD against USC(:crying: ) the DE dropped to the flat and the guy that was supposed to spy him got impasiont and blitzed, not only did he blitz but he went inside the tackle and there was a hole the size of a house and Vince took off.
I am not taking anything away from what UT and Vince accomplished but that was the most undisciplined Defense I saw all year, nobody stayed in rush lanes and as a X Dlineman it drove me crazy. Not to forget how wide open USC left guys open, I really think they played Cover4 all game or man 2 with the CBs giving up everything underneath.
Vince is just going to have to know that it is not going to be easy by any stretch like it was in Texas, I know he is a hard working guy, but there are more questions then answers towards VY then Matt and Cutler.

It is not a shot at him I wish him well.

BRAVO! Ih there were a stupid smiley that represented a standing ovation, I would put about 300 of them on the page.
GAME. SET. MATCH. HULK.

Vince is quality, but there are questions about him. I expect nothing more than for everyone of his teammates to back him up, as you get with just about every other top draft pick. That is why they call it gravy training.... pull up to the gravy boat and get yours!

If there weren't he would be slated higher in the draft. Top 7 picks ain't a bad thing at ALL!

dirty steve
03-29-2006, 12:13 AM
He has everything a franchise QB must have. He is fast, strong arm, he is the most accurate QB coming out, and his on the field decision making abilities have filled the highlight reels for decades to come.

on field decision making? so one read and take off is master decision making?

kcwilson
03-29-2006, 12:14 AM
You win two in a row.

You know what is weird... everyone seems to hate USC, even though they lost. Being in LA, after USC lost, the sentiment was generally... Wow, that game was amazing and very impressive of Texas. That Vince guy was awesome. But just becauise Reggie Bush is still no. 1 on the charts, people really hate USC and Reggie.

AM I off base, or do UT fans generally dislike USC? Just curious about the overall sentiment.

kcwilson
03-29-2006, 12:15 AM
You're like downin' the whole post in one stinkin' reply, look lil wilson dude it can happen and when it does I will be the first one to rag on u personally:ok: Thats a promise.

When there is a LB named Vince Young in the 2013 draft, and the Texans draft him, you can then come talk to me.

***Edited to correct a typo of 'Texans' because JOHNNY_TLMN is checking spelling and punctuation before handing out his grades on all post*******

dirty steve
03-29-2006, 12:15 AM
You win two in a row.

i think USC won the national championship in 2004 and 2005, no? i guess that's just a really spread out two in a row, making it hard for mental giants as yourself to figure winning something in consecutive stanzas is TWO IN A ROW. you really told him. remind me not to run into you on jeopardy.

thunderkyss
03-29-2006, 12:16 AM
Win two in a row then you can talk to me.:dangit:

He's right. very few people outside of Austin Gave UT a chance to win. Heck, they were saying this years USC team, was better than any college team ever..... defense included.

The same people pushing that notion are trying to make you believe Vince is too good to be true. I know, I know........ players bust, especially QBs.....(ahem). But, I've got Carr......... he can win us some games. I don't doubt that.

I think Clevland was insane to pass on McNabb. and 10 teams, other than the Eagles for passing on Culpepper.

I can understand teams passing on them if they have a QB...... a solid QB. But if they're going to pick a RunningBack, when You have a proven runner, and a promising backup in the event he goes down, when the running game is all you got(no passing game, no defense)........... that's insane.

swtbound07
03-29-2006, 12:21 AM
The Tennessee Titans are busy with the free-agent market and preparing for the NFL draft, but talks to rework Steve McNair 's hefty salary-cap number don't seem to be high on the priority list at the moment. NFL .com

Doesn't look so good for my Texans gettin' Young so far, but I'm still in it 'till the draft day comes.:redtowel:

Your not alone. im with you.

kcwilson
03-29-2006, 12:22 AM
You're a real comedian, but hey texnas is spelled TEXANS (so-called texan fan).:challenge

I said it above, I think that Vince is a real great talent, and if it weren't for a Reggie Bush or Matt Leinart, I think he gets selected this year. Now that you have shown me:challenge

You just need to go prove it to the rest of the Front Office!:redtowel:

thunderkyss
03-29-2006, 12:22 AM
You know what is weird... everyone seems to hate USC, even though they lost. Being in LA, after USC lost, the sentiment was generally... Wow, that game was amazing and very impressive of Texas. That Vince guy was awesome. But just becauise Reggie Bush is still no. 1 on the charts, people really hate USC and Reggie.

AM I off base, or do UT fans generally dislike USC? Just curious about the overall sentiment.

How is it hating to say that USC didn't win two BSC championships in a row, when they didn't??

I don't care for USC football. I didn't know they existed until this past January.

kcwilson
03-29-2006, 12:24 AM
When there is a LB named Vince Young in the 2013 draft, and the Texans draft him, you can then come talk to me.

***Edited to correct a typo of 'Texans' because JOHNNY_TLMN is checking spelling and punctuation before handing out his grades on all post*******

Respectfully corrected JOHNNY_TLMN

kcwilson
03-29-2006, 12:28 AM
How is it hating to say that USC didn't win two BSC championships in a row, when they didn't??

I don't care for USC football. I didn't know they existed until this past January.

Thunder, I apologize, I wasn't referring to the two in a row when that comment was made. Just curious what the sentiment was and wonder why after winning the national championship, UT fans here seem to at times (not always) look down so much on USC. UT won, USC didn't, UT is better and national champs, everyone will forget USC in 2005 in a few years. Why the negative comments about the program?

kbourda
03-29-2006, 12:35 AM
i think USC won the national championship in 2004 and 2005, no? i guess that's just a really spread out two in a row, making it hard for mental giants as yourself to figure winning something in consecutive stanzas is TWO IN A ROW. you really told him. remind me not to run into you on jeopardy.

So I guess when LSU, the one that played in the BCS title game, won the AP says we make USC our champ. That would be the equivalent of Texas beating USC this year and the AP giving their vote to USC.

http://www.bcsfootball.org/index2.cfm?page=alltime

Before you open your pie hole. Check the facts not the hype!

thunderkyss
03-29-2006, 12:36 AM
Thunder, I apologize, I wasn't referring to the two in a row when that comment was made. Just curious what the sentiment was and wonder why after winning the national championship, UT fans here seem to at times (not always) look down so much on USC. UT won, USC didn't, UT is better and national champs, everyone will forget USC in 2005 in a few years. Why the negative comments about the program?

OH.

More than likely it had something to do with the 30 days of USC fluff ESPN was putting out before the RoseBowl..... nothing against USC, I'm sure.... but those ESPN guys didn't give UT any Respect whatsoever, for what nobody knows. You'd imagine they weren't a legit #2..... like they got in by some kinda computer glitch or something.

kcwilson
03-29-2006, 12:43 AM
OH.

More than likely it had something to do with the 30 days of USC fluff ESPN was putting out before the RoseBowl..... nothing against USC, I'm sure.... but those ESPN guys didn't give UT any Respect whatsoever, for what nobody knows. You'd imagine they weren't a legit #2..... like they got in by some kinda computer glitch or something.

That's funny... it was a totally different vibe in L.A., where to be honest a lot of friends of mine that are USC fans, were pretty realistic that Texas had a great chance, mostly because of the SC defense.

I could see how getting overloaded with ESPN fluff could get pretty irritating... but in the end, all the pumping up of USC makes the victory even bigger.

Good explanation, thanks, appreciate it.

dirty steve
03-29-2006, 12:45 AM
So I guess when LSU, the one that played in the BCS title game, won the AP says we make USC our champ. That would be the equivalent of Texas beating USC this year and the AP giving their vote to USC.

http://www.bcsfootball.org/index2.cfm?page=alltime

Before you open your pie hole. Check the facts not the hype!

until you get a vote for the national champion, shut yours. that is just as much USC's championship as it is LSU's.

kbourda
03-29-2006, 12:49 AM
until you get a vote for the national champion, shut yours. that is just as much USC's championship as it is LSU's.

USC was not in the title game that year. I see denial (the Nile) is more than just a river in Egypt, for some peeps, it's a way of life.

dirty steve
03-29-2006, 12:52 AM
USC was not in the title game that year. I see denial (the Nile) is more than just a river in Egypt, for some peeps, it's a way of life.

why don't you go check the trophy case at USC and tell me what you come up with.

especially the one that says "2004 national football champion." (even it is shared it is still a championship).

kcwilson
03-29-2006, 12:52 AM

Let's split it in the middle and call it 1.5... in the end, everyone here would take a co-championship vs. no championship.

http://www.ncaasports.com/football/mens/history

kbourda
03-29-2006, 12:58 AM
why don't you go check the trophy case at USC and tell me what you come up with.

especially the one that says "2004 national football champion." (even it is shared it is still a championship).

Any school can put a trophy in a case. Much like Joe Pa did for his Penn State team that went undefeated and had nothing to show for it. If it will make you and the rest of these USC, California (posing as Texan) fans happy, hell I say give them the National Championship for the next 10 years too. How's that?

infantrycak
03-29-2006, 01:04 AM
Holy crud, enough childish bickering. USC won the AP championship followed by the BCS and AP championship. Call it 1, 1.5, 2, whatfreakinever--everyone knows what the heck happened.

kcwilson
03-29-2006, 01:05 AM
Holy crud, enough childish bickering. USC won the AP championship followed by the BCS and AP championship. Call it 1, 1.5, 2, whatfreakinever--everyone knows what the heck happened.

Yeah, I was waiting for someone with some solid experience to stop the madness.

Wharton
03-29-2006, 01:25 AM
No, you are not the only person who wants the Texans to take Young with the first pick. But, given the Texan's exercised the option on Carr's contract, the probability of it happening dropped to about 5%. I see no use in splashing messages touting something that isn't going to happen.

Frankly, given the pounding that Carr has taken over the last 4 years, I just don't think he is a serviceable QB any longer and Young would be a much better option to lead this team in the future.

Also, the argument of winning now really has little merit. It’s funny how a new coaching staff and a few marginal FA have made the fan base forget that this team was 2-14 last year. The 2005 team was worse then the original team fielded in the first year. We have a long road ahead of us.

:wherewill The same place I was last year - one of the few remaining Texans fans in the stadium at the 2:00 min. warning.

Nighthawk
03-29-2006, 01:52 AM
Same Carr homers talking the same smack, same as it ever was.

Don't you give up that hope. Given all the (minor) corrections we've made in FA we are ripe for a VY pick about #4 - #8, after a trade. It's a better choice than Bush and sets us up for a decade.

Just don't expect to sell it to the board-ers.

Big B Texan Fan
03-29-2006, 02:43 AM
You guys know where I stand.

whiskeyrbl
03-29-2006, 05:53 AM
The fact remains that Kubiak and Mcnair have said Carr is their guy.So let's think about this for a minute. With all the FA moves, Contract extensions,and so on it appears less likely that the Texans take Young.Given these FACTS IMO they take Bush. Now you let Young go to Oak. or wherever,let him take his 2-3 years to learn how to run an NFL offense from under center. W hen his 4 year contract is over so will Carrs contract with us.At that time you pick up Young as a free agent if you still wish. If both Bush and Young are hitting on all cylinders,man what a backfield.:drool:

HomeBred_Texan
03-29-2006, 07:34 AM
Please. not another VY thread....:deadhorse

We don't need him, don't want him. and we are not going to draft him..
End of story.....

Buckle
03-29-2006, 07:43 AM
Lets mirror this discussion to the 2001 draft and players that Young and Bush are comparred to. Would you now 5 yrs later rather have playing for your team, Vick (Young), or Tomlinson (Bush)?

thunderkyss
03-29-2006, 07:47 AM
The fact remains that Kubiak and Mcnair have said Carr is their guy.So let's think about this for a minute. With all the FA moves, Contract extensions,and so on it appears less likely that the Texans take Young.Given these FACTS IMO they take Bush. Now you let Young go to Oak. or wherever,let him take his 2-3 years to learn how to run an NFL offense from under center. W hen his 4 year contract is over so will Carrs contract with us.At that time you pick up Young as a free agent if you still wish. If both Bush and Young are hitting on all cylinders,man what a backfield.:drool:

If that is how you feel, that our FA moves excludes Vince from coming to Houston. That is fine. I don't have a problem with that. But you have got to understand the frustration VY fans feel when they are told over and over again how Vince won't make it in the NFL. That NFL defenders are better tacklers, that they are bigger and stronger, and his 6'4" 230lb frame won't be able to take the punishment. While 5'11-1/2" Reggie is going to be able to run right past those same defenders, and absorb those same hits.

It's also frustrating to hear from fellow fans that we need to supplement our running game, and there is absolutely nothing to concern ourselves over our 4 year project QB..... 5 year.

Then, when guys like Doug Flutie, Steve Young, Dante Culpepper, Donovan McNabb, Randall Cunningham, Aaron Brooks, Ben Rothlisberger, Michael Vick, & even Quincy Carter has experienced success relatively early(with the exception of Flutie) in their NFL careers, relatively recently, You've got folks saying Vince's ability to be successful is slim to none. We should expect 2-3 years of a non-competive teams. This from a team that has won 18 out of 64 games. Yet Matt Lienart is a sure thing. Never mind the recent busts of the pocket passers who came from "Pro-style" college offenses, who were also ranked #1.

The funniest thing... I think, is when they criticize Vince's throwing motion. As if David has perfect form...... sheesh.

thunderkyss
03-29-2006, 07:50 AM
Lets mirror this discussion to the 2001 draft and players that Young and Bush are comparred to. Would you now 5 yrs later rather have playing for your team, Vick (Young), or Tomlinson (Bush)?

Who is on my team now?? Is David Carr my Quarterback, and Domanick Davis my running back??

If so, I trade down........ easy.

Mike Kerns
03-29-2006, 09:21 AM
Would you now 5 yrs later rather have playing for your team, Vick (Young), or Tomlinson (Bush)?

I am a Falcons fan & I would have to say...L.T.

Meskin
03-29-2006, 09:49 AM
i can't figure out why we would ever need a qb who can get down field when all of his other options aren't there. D.C. did a great job running out of bounds last year for no gain of right into the hands of a defender.
if you truely think that a good center can make up for D.C.'s inability to make a quick, and good, decision then i say draft Bush, but everything that D.C. has shown me indicates that he's just not that good unless he has an hour to get rid of the ball.
V.Y. has shown the ability to make good quick decisions and the ability to drive a comeback to win a game (and not just the rose bowl, just ask OSU he did it to them twice). I just don't think that D.C. is the type of qb that make the big play, but i do agree that we need someone who can do that.
I hope we can move on from D.C. soon, but if not i'd be fine with Bush, or Young, or Williams etc....

jerek
03-29-2006, 10:04 AM
No, you are not the only person who wants the Texans to take Young with the first pick. But, given the Texan's exercised the option on Carr's contract, the probability of it happening dropped to about 5%. I see no use in splashing messages touting something that isn't going to happen.

Frankly, given the pounding that Carr has taken over the last 4 years, I just don't think he is a serviceable QB any longer and Young would be a much better option to lead this team in the future.

Also, the argument of winning now really has little merit. It’s funny how a new coaching staff and a few marginal FA have made the fan base forget that this team was 2-14 last year. The 2005 team was worse then the original team fielded in the first year. We have a long road ahead of us.

:wherewill The same place I was last year - one of the few remaining Texans fans in the stadium at the 2:00 min. warning.

Amen to that. I stay in my seat until there is 0:00 remaining in the fourth. Every game.

And yeah, I think our 2005 team was worse than the 2002 team in a lot of respects, but I believe our coaching staff alone could take that same 2005 team and tack at least another 4 wins on to the schedule.

Maybe you or others would not agree, but I blame our coaching for a lot of last year. We have had a decent FA to this point and I would like to see us have a really good draft to take into the second half of the offseason.

dannyboy
03-29-2006, 11:03 AM

In both cases, I'd go with the guy that was born and raised in Texas. That should always be the deciding factor for a team that calls themselves the Texans. texanpride ;)

awtysst
03-29-2006, 11:11 AM
I have already made my opinions well known. If you are not sure look at my Avatar.

dirty steve
03-29-2006, 11:18 AM
Any school can put a trophy in a case. Much like Joe Pa did for his Penn State team that went undefeated and had nothing to show for it. If it will make you and the rest of these USC, California (posing as Texan) fans happy, hell I say give them the National Championship for the next 10 years too. How's that?

this is alot different than a wolf putting on sheep's clothing. half of the sect that is allowed a vote in the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP voting selected USC, whether you like it or not. as soon as you get a vote in the picking of the national champion, then you could have a legit beef. i mean, your squad is the reigning national champion, so what does it matter? they knocked off the 2-time defending national champions.

whiskeyrbl
03-29-2006, 01:37 PM
If that is how you feel, that our FA moves excludes Vince from coming to Houston. That is fine. I don't have a problem with that. But you have got to understand the frustration VY fans feel when they are told over and over again how Vince won't make it in the NFL. That NFL defenders are better tacklers, that they are bigger and stronger, and his 6'4" 230lb frame won't be able to take the punishment. While 5'11-1/2" Reggie is going to be able to run right past those same defenders, and absorb those same hits.

It's also frustrating to hear from fellow fans that we need to supplement our running game, and there is absolutely nothing to concern ourselves over our 4 year project QB..... 5 year.

Then, when guys like Doug Flutie, Steve Young, Dante Culpepper, Donovan McNabb, Randall Cunningham, Aaron Brooks, Ben Rothlisberger, Michael Vick, & even Quincy Carter has experienced success relatively early(with the exception of Flutie) in their NFL careers, relatively recently, You've got folks saying Vince's ability to be successful is slim to none. We should expect 2-3 years of a non-competive teams. This from a team that has won 18 out of 64 games. Yet Matt Lienart is a sure thing. Never mind the recent busts of the pocket passers who came from "Pro-style" college offenses, who were also ranked #1.

The funniest thing... I think, is when they criticize Vince's throwing motion. As if David has perfect form...... sheesh.

I understand the frustration ,I think Bush and Young are the two best ATHLETES coming out of college this year. My main question about Young is if he will be able to read the defenses under center as well as he does from the shotgun(spread) formation.The perfect scenario would be to have both but that ain't happening. I think the FO wants to win now,as opposed to 2-3 years from now.And with the speculation we are going to run a Denver type offense( RBC ) I just think that points to Bush.

whiskeyrbl
03-29-2006, 01:41 PM
In both cases, I'd go with the guy that was born and raised in Texas. That should always be the deciding factor for a team that calls themselves the Texans. texanpride ;)

Thank God Billy Joe Tolliver is not available!

bklatch
03-29-2006, 01:43 PM
I'd rather the Texans make the playoffs next year not in five years.

Reggie Bush!

Why do you think a third down back will get you to the plafoffs anytime soon?

swtbound07
03-29-2006, 01:45 PM
this is alot different than a wolf putting on sheep's clothing. half of the sect that is allowed a vote in the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP voting selected USC, whether you like it or not. as soon as you get a vote in the picking of the national champion, then you could have a legit beef. i mean, your squad is the reigning national champion, so what does it matter? they knocked off the 2-time defending national champions.

Yes, but they agreed while the system was being implemented to vote for the winner of the BCS game, so there was no split champions. They violated their agreement, and in turn nullified the decision they reached. If the AP vote mattered, why would they play the BCS game? LSU was the sole national champion. If the AP had voted the title to Auburn would you be claiming USC's championship deserved to be split? of course not....you come off as horrendously pro USC

whiskeyrbl
03-29-2006, 01:50 PM

WHAT!!!!!!with Bush we won't have any 3rd downs........LOL:superman:

TheOgre
03-29-2006, 01:56 PM

Your comparison is flawed. LSU didn't beat USC head-to-head in 2003. Texas did beat USC head-to-head in 2005.

Actually imagine for moment if Virginia Tech had gone undefeated and won the ACC Championship this year. They would have been undefeated and likely in 3rd place entering the bowls. Now imagine that they then won their BCS bowl game. The AP votes for VT instead of UT. That would have been the equivalent of 2003. USC was actually 1st in both polls entering the bowls. If any team should feel robbed due to the system, it should have been them. In fact, they changed the rules as a result of that f-ed up season. Don't get me wrong, I am not a USC fan, but they deserved a share of the 2003 title AT THE VERY LEAST.

Now if you want to talk about a team that didn't deserve a national title, look no further than the 1990 Colorado Buffaloes.

TheOgre
03-29-2006, 02:02 PM
As for Young, I think he will be a good to great QB in the NFL. My issue is that I think it is premature to cash in Carr's chips. DD has shown us all he can do, and he is mediocre at best. He has played behind a good run blocking line. I think it is safe to say that we could do better.

To date, Carr has been pretty bad, but I don't think we have given him a chance to succeed. He has played behind perhaps the worst pass blocking scheme/team in history. He has also had receivers that don't get separation. I'd like to see what he can do with some actual open targets and some semblance of pass blocking. He may still be a bust, but I think he deserves a fighting chance before we prematurely toss him aside. He needs to make significant strides this year.

whiskeyrbl
03-29-2006, 02:07 PM
As for Young, I think he will be a good to great QB in the NFL. My issue is that I think it is premature to cash in Carr's chips. DD has shown us all he can do, and he is mediocre at best. He has played behind a good run blocking line. I think it is safe to say that we could do better.

To date, Carr has been pretty bad, but I don't think we have given him a chance to succeed. He has played behind perhaps the worst pass blocking scheme/team in history. He has also had receivers that don't get separation. I'd like to see what he can do with some actual open targets and some semblance of pass blocking. He may still be a bust, but I think he deserves a fighting chance before we prematurely toss him aside. He needs to make significant strides this year.

Well said:ok:

Maddict5
03-29-2006, 02:09 PM
i can't figure out why we would ever need a qb who can get down field when all of his other options aren't there. D.C. did a great job running out of bounds last year for no gain of right into the hands of a defender.
if you truely think that a good center can make up for D.C.'s inability to make a quick, and good, decision then i say draft Bush, but everything that D.C. has shown me indicates that he's just not that good unless he has an hour to get rid of the ball.
V.Y. has shown the ability to make good quick decisions and the ability to drive a comeback to win a game (and not just the rose bowl, just ask OSU he did it to them twice). I just don't think that D.C. is the type of qb that make the big play, but i do agree that we need someone who can do that.
I hope we can move on from D.C. soon, but if not i'd be fine with Bush, or Young, or Williams etc....

luckily for us, we have kubiak in charge, you know, some1 that knows what they're talkin about

uhcougar08
03-29-2006, 05:03 PM
Yall do know that USC's offense ran the exact same offense as the Denver Broncos, which was quoted by 610 AM and John McClain. Which means, Reggie is a perfect fit for our new offensive scheme. For example: cut backs, and zone blocking schemes. By the way, when in the heck will the Texan's offense run a constant shotgun formation? They won't, therefore VY will have a mountain to climb just to make it in the NFL. He DOES NOT READ DEFENSES, at all. Why is this still being debated? He may be the biggest athletic freak ever to enter the NFL, but that freaky style will not be able to succeed in the pros. Hello VY supporters. Learn something about what you speak of, and a little football, please.

AustinJB
03-29-2006, 06:51 PM
No way anyone said that, Their Offense was the best ever, NO way on their D.

ESPN hyped them as the best TEAM ever. Best offense and solid defense.

Every time they would mention the defense, they would claim that "this is a very solid defense and you can't overlook them....they excel in forcing turnovers." ESPN didn't claim that they had the best defense ever, but they consistantly said that they were good at what they did...bending but not breaking and forcing turnovers.

Now, since VY led Texas to victory (and didn't turn the ball over at all) everyone is saying that USC's defense sucked. Give me a break people!

AustinJB
03-29-2006, 07:06 PM

No, you're not the only one.

I still believe VY would be the best pick for the Texans...especially in the long-term, since I have no faith in Carr and believe that we'll be looking for a QB in about two years (ironically, about the time that VY should be ready to start.)

However, at this point, I do feel it is unlikely that we'll draft him...and, as others have mentioned, I'm also too tired of this topic to get into these long explanations of why he would be the best option...especially since most posters will criticize you for it (if you're interested, look at my previous posts.)

I've decided that it's best to just keep hoping, keep my fingers crossed, not get into all these pointless arguments, and let things happen as they will (b/c I will be a Texan fan regardless.) Hopefully, we won't have to witness VY winning Superbowls for the either of the evil owner twins...Bud Adams or Al Davis. Regardless, I think VY will be a helluva NFL QB...and if we don't get him, years down the road we will wish we had. But hey, that's JMO.

texplayer2
03-29-2006, 07:59 PM
ESPN hyped them as the best TEAM ever. Best offense and solid defense.

Every time they would mention the defense, they would claim that "this is a very solid defense and you can't overlook them....they excel in forcing turnovers." ESPN didn't claim that they had the best defense ever, but they consistantly said that they were good at what they did...bending but not breaking and forcing turnovers.

Now, since VY led Texas to victory (and didn't turn the ball over at all) everyone is saying that USC's defense sucked. Give me a break people!

Actually the ball did come loose, Texas was just efficent at recovering the ball. The turnovers came with teams in desperate situations and forcing things. They have good athletes they were just not experienced enough, and were the weak point, along with several injuries.

Tejaspro
03-29-2006, 08:28 PM
Come on man seriously he is better than Bush IMO by far.:challenge

You said it all with "IMO". That's just it, Johnny. It's your opinion. And that's ok. But you don't seem to realize that most everyone else (including all the prognatocators) believes that Bush is better. VY is not even considered the best QB. Most have him ranked second, some third. Hey, you may be right, and he may revolutionize the sport, but the odds are against it. Bush is a safe bet to be a star. Vince may turn out the be all you say, but it's too big a gamble for the top spot. However, if the Texans chose VY on the first pick, myself (as a loyal Texans fan) along with most everyone else will support whomever is chosen. :ok:

mes311
03-29-2006, 09:04 PM
Actually most scouts have Vince Young rated as the best overall talent in this years draft.

Haven't seen this anywhere. Where did you hear it from?

Tejaspro
03-29-2006, 09:08 PM

Why would anyone in their right mind draft a "third down back"? If you think Bush is only a third down back, you are mistaken. I remember when the prognastocators called DD a third down back. Were they wrong?

Tejaspro
03-29-2006, 09:35 PM
:gotexans1 :gotexans1 Actually most scouts have Vince Young rated as the best overall talent in this years draft. He is believed to have the most upside to being successful in his career, the only problem he has going for him is that the media hates Texas, and everyone from Texas. If Bush was coming out from Texas, the cat from Memphis would be rated top RB coming out by every scout in the draft. It Happens every year, they did it with Derrick Thomas, Roy Williams, even Ricky Williams. No matter how great the kid is, if he is coming out from Texas the media are going to hate them.

Turp, you may be right about the media. I don't know. I have never heard anything negative about Texas here in Southern California. Even when Texas was going to play USC. Here in our household, we rooted for Texas even though I went to the U of H. We root for all the Texas teams. It's part of being a Texan. You root for any and all Texas teams.... even the Aggies. I'm just thankful that the Texans are playing football. I loved the Oilers (even attended their first ever practice at the U of H), right up until Bud Adams took them to Tennesee. Thank God, I have a Texas NFL team to root far. I have Sunday prime ticket and see every game. Even my son (who was born in So Cal) wears a UT hat and is a Texans fan. He was lucky enough to go to a winning Texans game last year when he came to Houston to visit his grandmother. I believe you become even more a true "Texan" when you no longer live in Texas. You may not be in Texas, but you can believe one thing.... Texas is always in your heart. It's going to be a fun year, whoever they draft. Go Texans!:texflag:

HJam72
03-29-2006, 09:51 PM

Yes we do. :)

HJam72
03-29-2006, 09:53 PM
I have never heard anything negative about Texas here in Southern California.

And you can rest assured that us Texans never say anything bad about Californians. :ok:

Honestly, turp might be right about the media thing, to a certain extent. They hear a southern drawl and think we're stupid and then Mr. "Who's the Heisman now!?!?!" scores a 6 on a Wonderlic test right after leaving the University of Texas. Oh well.

YoungTexanFan
03-29-2006, 10:18 PM
yes, you stand alone.

now, please remove yourself from this board.

haha, I got blasted for this comment. -3 Rep points. I was just starting to get back into the whole point system too. Alas.

ToroFan
03-29-2006, 10:40 PM
Please. not another VY thread....:deadhorse

We don't need him, don't want him. and we are not going to draft him..
End of story.....

Let's take this line by line...
Don't need him? --> It's funny when you are 2-14 and the worst team in the NFL, I think pretty much nothing is off limits in terms of a make over. And pretty much in most cases a lot of the responsibility is placed on the QB, considering it has been 4 years nows that Carr has been at the helm. . I think Kubes will do whatever it takes to win a superbowl, not just have immediate success in the short term.

Don't want him? --> Maybe you don't, but there are others that do. Kubiak is obviously interested enough that he is basically only talking to Reggie Bush and Vince Young

Not going to draft him? --> I guess that is why Kubes is wasting his time at UT's pro day and having VY come in next week. He must have nothing better to do. :ok: I think if Kubiak feels like VY is an Elway like prospect, he is going to take him. Also consider that Kubes comes from the Denver philosophy where RB's are drafted low and still succeed pretty well. And consider that Kubes is good friends with Greg Davis (UT's Off. Coordinator) so he will probably be privy to insider information that other coaches won't get.

This isn't the end of the story, but nice try.

ToroFan
03-29-2006, 10:47 PM
As he said before................ Maybe you just did not understand what he said. Its okay.

No I understood what he said, because I can read :ok: Do you happen to see things in his post that others don't?

ToroFan
03-29-2006, 10:51 PM
You keep wishing and hold on, but I am afraid you will be dissapointed on April 29.

I am not saying that they will draft VY, but I disagree with those that say we categorically won't.

jerek
03-29-2006, 11:15 PM
I think it is time for me to bring out my bet again. So far, for all of the yapping I have heard about we could or will still take Vince, I don't see anyone stepping forward to back it up with so much as a dime. So far Big B is the only one with balls enough to put his cash where his talk is.

50 bucks says Vince will not be drafted a Texan. If that is too stout for you, we can go lower.

Any takers?

Come on, if I am such a sucker or a know-it-all, take advantage of my stupidity and let's bet on this already. Make me rich or make me poor, but don't shy away from putting some teeth in your words.

ToroFan
03-29-2006, 11:47 PM
I think it is time for me to bring out my bet again. So far, for all of the yapping I have heard about we could or will still take Vince, I don't see anyone stepping forward to back it up with so much as a dime. So far Big B is the only one with balls enough to put his cash where his talk is.

50 bucks says Vince will not be drafted a Texan. If that is too stout for you, we can go lower.

Any takers?

Come on, if I am such a sucker or a know-it-all, take advantage of my stupidity and let's bet on this already. Make me rich or make me poor, but don't shy away from putting some teeth in your words.

I find your post pretty funny. It is a message board afterall, I am pretty sure putting teeth in my words on an anonymous message board will help me sleep better at night. My father always told me a true test of a man's word is when one wagers when provoked on a computer message board. :rolleyes:

If you really want to be rich or poor and you truly believe what you say, then go to a real betting site (instead of a message board) and wager something on it. Better yet put your whole life savings on it. I am sure some site will give you action and those site always have odds. Then you truly will be the king of the Texans message board.

bad
03-29-2006, 11:55 PM
I find your post pretty funny. It is a message board afterall, I am pretty sure putting teeth in my words on an anonymous message board will help me sleep better at night. My father always told me a true test of a man's word is when one wagers when provoked on a computer message board. :rolleyes:

If you really want to be rich or poor and you truly believe what you say, then go to a real betting site (instead of a message board) and wager something on it. Better yet put your whole life savings on it. I am sure some site will give you action and those site always have odds. Then you truly will be the king of the Texans message board.

Two words: Pay. Pal.

Two more: Suc. Ker.

The Houston Texans will select Bush and keep him. The crowds will go wild. Sit back and enjoy.

jerek
03-30-2006, 12:05 AM

If that was supposed to be some kind of stunning rebuttal ... well, I am stunned, but it had nothing to do with your razor wit.

I am glad you find me funny, and thank you for pointing me to these "real betting" sites, but there is one substantial difference. Actually, two. The first is that I won't get 1:1 action on not drafting Vince on "real sites," since no major group of people outside of this message board seriously think we will draft Vince. Second, and more importantly, I hang here because I enjoy talking football, but the "Vince will father my child" monkey slobber gets old the 1,000,000th or so time you read it. Seriously, I don't think I have the patience to hit block for all of you. So I was hoping that, seeing as I how I must read it in the process of taking in good discussion and useful information, that I could at least take some cash off some people's hands in the process. If you don't want to participate, then don't. In the meanwhile, save your witty writing and fatherly anecdotes for someone who will be impressed.

Any one else?

ToroFan
03-30-2006, 12:07 AM
Two words: Pay. Pal.

Two more: Suc. Ker.

The Houston Texans will select Bush and keep him. The crowds will go wild. Sit back and enjoy.

It's also unenforceable if a party reneges, because it is illegal. No thanks, if I wanted to bet I would do it through those sites because they operate offshore.

Suc. Ker must be your name. Don't come to a battle of wits unarmed. You'll just embarass yourself.

ToroFan
03-30-2006, 12:17 AM
If that was supposed to be some kind of stunning rebuttal ... well, I am stunned, but it had nothing to do with your razor wit.

I am glad you find me funny, and thank you for pointing me to these "real betting" sites, but there is one substantial difference. Actually, two. The first is that I won't get 1:1 action on not drafting Vince on "real sites," since no major group of people outside of this message board seriously think we will draft Vince. Second, and more importantly, I hang here because I enjoy talking football, but the "Vince will father my child" monkey slobber gets old the 1,000,000th or so time you read it. Seriously, I don't think I have the patience to hit block for all of you. So I was hoping that, seeing as I how I must read it in the process of taking in good discussion and useful information, that I could at least take some cash off some people's hands in the process. If you don't want to participate, then don't. In the meanwhile, save your witty writing and fatherly anecdotes for someone who will be impressed.

Any one else?

You must be a comedian because your same logic can be used against you.

I am not sure how "good discussion or useful information" pertains to your comments about betting.

You're right I am not going to participate, because if I did I would do it at a bettor site where I would get better than 1:1 payout. That is because usually betting on one player to getting chose at a particular pick will get you more.

And geez, you figured me out. I was writing to impress just you. i was seeking your approval alone. Again we all bow down to the king of the Texans message board.

Please spare me.

P.S. you replied to my message with your inane bet, so solicit your bets elsewhere cowboy...

bad
03-30-2006, 12:22 AM
It's also unenforceable if a party reneges, because it is illegal. No thanks, if I wanted to bet I would do it through those sites because they operate offshore.

Suc. Ker must be your name. Don't come to a battle of wits unarmed. You'll just embarass yourself.
So the bet's off?

Maybe the next time you insult someone's intelligence you should try to spell all the words correctly. Just a suggestion.

Another suggestion. Lighten up. People bet real money all the time. It's an American tradition to bet on Super Bowl pools. What exactly is your problem with America? Or traditions, for that matter?

It's March Madness. My brackets were in shambles from the first day and here I am still smiling, ready to make some side money off of an unrealistic dreamer.

Excuuuuuse me.

ToroFan
03-30-2006, 12:29 AM
So the bet's off?

Maybe the next time you insult someone's intelligence you should try to spell all the words correctly. Just a suggestion.

Another suggestion. Lighten up. People bet real money all the time. It's an American tradition to bet on Super Bowl pools. What exactly is your problem with America? Or traditions, for that matter?

It's March Madness. My brackets were in shambles from the first day and here I am still smiling, ready to make some side money off of an unrealistic dreamer.

Excuuuuuse me.

I may not spell some words by accident because my keyboard skills are not so hot, or do you mean when I said sucker was two words instead of one (oh wait that wasn't me).

I believe you were the one calling me a sucker, so no need to be excused.

Betting is fine with me. Super bowl pools. March Madness brackets. I get it.

Soliciting bets on an internet message board is a bit silly when better odds and a more likely payout are readily available elsewhere just by opening up a new browser.

infantrycak
03-30-2006, 12:38 AM
ya'll

*cough* "y'all" *cough*

Folks--the betting thing isn't going anywhere. I hear however there is an excellent debate on how many national titles USC had before this year. j/k

Is there really a point in debating the non-merits of whose ouidji board/hopes/expectations are better?

ToroFan
03-30-2006, 12:47 AM
*cough* "y'all" *cough*

Folks--the betting thing isn't going anywhere. I hear however there is an excellent debate on how many national titles USC had before this year. j/k

Is there really a point in debating the non-merits of whose ouidji board/hopes/expectations are better?

You're right, I'm done with it. Although I will go to my grave saying my ouidji board is damn good. :pepper:

TexanBorn51
03-30-2006, 09:09 AM
bump

thunderkyss
03-30-2006, 09:12 AM

I don't think it is possible to be very bad at pass blocking, and very good at run blocking. If anything, we know we were very bad at pass blocking, and fair to middle on run blocking. You can't attribute everything that DD has done to the line, and say that we've already seen the best of him. DD has not been our only running back in our 4 year history. None of our other chumps could put up what DD has for us. None of them has given us a legitimate running game like DD has. Improve the line, and watch him become one of the leagues best.

This "we haven't been fair to Carr" & "we've seen DD, he's mediocre at best" stuff is crap...... pure crap.

Anytalks of D'Angelo?? Addai?? Any other running back?? If we get that Ricky Williams type trade, do we go after a Starting running back??

All You guys arguing against Vince are playing yourselves..... The same arguments you have, work just as well against Reggie. Except while you don't want to get rid of Carr, who has not proven that he can handle the job...... you're ready to throw away the best part of your team. It's the same thing, and you know it. Sure, you can have DD & Reggie on the field at the same time...... but it's not likely to happen, unless you convert DD into a full back, and that ain't going to happen. He'll be on the team this year, but the chances of him retiring as a Texan drops dramatically if we Draft Reggie. Carr..... he's signed for three more years, he can be a Texan for two more years tops(1 if I had my way) before we trade him. Same as DD, if you draft Reggie.

No way anyone said that, Their Offense was the best ever, NO way on their D.
They said it for a month......... they said the high powered offense made up for the defense, which was good enough to get them through the season undefeated. The SuperBowl Rams will be going down as one of the great NFL teams, even though they had no D. The SuperBowl Ravens will be one of those Great NFL teams, even though they had no O.

Actually, they said USC's corners were the best Vince had seen to date.... & he'd have to rely on his legs to move the ball. That was one of the reasons they didn't give UT a chance in hell to win that game. It wasn't even going to be close, according to ESPN

Any takers?

We're not drafting Vince..... I've said it, and if you could read, a lot of Vince Supporters have said it. I don't get your point, unless you just like looking like an ***. I think it is a mistake, I won't back down from that, until David either win 3 in a row,or a playoff game....... you want to bet on who'll be doing that first?? $50 I'm taking Vince, let me know where you stand. I take PayPal.

Did you collect money for the Babin Pick?? or did you not see that one coming?? How about the picks we lost for Buchanon?? did you get that one right too?? Or are you as clueless now, as you were back then?? With everything we've done so far, it looks like we're going to draft Reggie, Especially with only 2 backs on our roster. But you never know what's going to happen.

What's the harm in letting people explore their fantasies?? Doesn't hurt you none, at least it shouldn't.

Second, and more importantly, I hang here because I enjoy talking football, but the "Vince will father my child" monkey slobber gets old the 1,000,000th or so time you read it.

So I was hoping that, seeing as I how I must read it in the process of taking in good discussion and useful information, that I could at least take some cash off some people's hands in the process.
where?? I've seen more broke back Reggie moments on this board, and in this thread than any of the Vince=Superman stuff you're pretending to see.

If you don't want to participate, then don't. In the meanwhile, save your witty writing and fatherly anecdotes for someone who will be impressed.

Any one else?
You've got to admit that was funny......... I thought it was.

Maddict5
03-30-2006, 10:53 AM

you could've saved yourself alot of typing by just saying:

i know im clutching at unrealistic straws...i respectfully decline your offer

Maddict5
03-30-2006, 11:08 AM
haha, I got blasted for this comment. -3 Rep points. I was just starting to get back into the whole point system too. Alas.

lol..know what you mean..i got loads of bad rep for taking on kaiser toro a few days ago...each day since is a struggle... :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

jerek
03-30-2006, 11:12 AM
You must be a comedian because your same logic can be used against you.

I am not sure how "good discussion or useful information" pertains to your comments about betting.

You're right I am not going to participate, because if I did I would do it at a bettor site where I would get better than 1:1 payout. That is because usually betting on one player to getting chose at a particular pick will get you more.

And geez, you figured me out. I was writing to impress just you. i was seeking your approval alone. Again we all bow down to the king of the Texans message board.

Please spare me.

P.S. you replied to my message with your inane bet, so solicit your bets elsewhere cowboy...

Follow the logic here:

1. I am personally weary of hearing about Vince Young and how we are going to draft him. (no TK, this does not include you)
2. I have an idea that I think will be fun. I decide to offer a bet to anyone who thinks we are going to draft Vince Young. Still with me?
3. Apparently, this displeases you, and you write a sarcastic though unfunny response in which you are the sole narcissistic (sp?) object of my entire anti-Vince posting history, and among other irrelevant statements, you declare me "king of the message board." Okay then.
4. If you still don't want to participate, or find it silly, I still propose you go into the kitchen and have a glass of STFU to calm your nerves. I find your words silly.

And TK, no, I will not take your 3-game bet, because if Vince goes to a substantially more complete team than ours (and I mean, what are the chances of that, we were the worst team in the league last year so if we pass on him then ____), he by default has improved odds on winning those three games before David Carr. If you want to bet, we will wait and see where Vince goes, and I might well be able to take you up on that. Does he have to start those three games, or can he be on the bench?

I did not think we were going to take Babin, but I wasn't nearly so certain on who we would take that I would have bet against us taking Babin. For that matter, who in the hell saw us even looking at him that year? Us taking Babin would be like us taking, oh, I don't know, who's a projected second rounder this year? with the #1. If you are trying to talk me out of backing down from this betting thing, you are not doing a good job.

This has become bickering with the Dr. and TK, so I am going to leave it alone and leave this thread alone, but don't ask me to compile a list of all of the Vince man love in the last week alone, let alone following the Rose Bowl. I don't think this server has the space for me to rehash it all. I certainly don't have the time.

Bet still stands, if any non-whiners want to take it. It was offered in fun so I hope it can be viewed as fun. If not then forgive me for wasting your time, or feel free to exercise that ignore key.

thunderkyss
03-30-2006, 01:10 PM
I did not think we were going to take Babin, but I wasn't nearly so certain on who we would take that I would have bet against us taking Babin. For that matter, who in the hell saw us even looking at him that year? Us taking Babin would be like us taking, oh, I don't know, who's a projected second rounder this year? with the #1. If you are trying to talk me out of backing down from this betting thing, you are not doing a good job.

That's the point.... who the heck is Babin?? That was so far off everyones radar.... who knew....... I'm saying Reggie looks like the most logical pick for us at this point...... chances are, we'll be drafting Reggie....... but..... stranger things have happened.

jerek
03-30-2006, 01:37 PM
That's the point.... who the heck is Babin?? That was so far off everyones radar.... who knew....... I'm saying Reggie looks like the most logical pick for us at this point...... chances are, we'll be drafting Reggie....... but..... stranger things have happened.

True that. I hope Kubes restores some sense of normalcy ... Babin was graded a second rounder if I remember right, and I have no idea why in hell we thought we needed to get the jump on him. Still, as much as I dislike some of Chuck's decision making, he has done pretty well for us. I like AJ, Dunta, Mathis, Pitts, Davis, just off the top of my head. I liked Gaffney, just thought we didn't use him well. Sure I could come up with more.

thunderkyss
03-30-2006, 01:40 PM
True that. I hope Kubes restores some sense of normalcy ... Babin was graded a second rounder if I remember right, and I have no idea why in hell we thought we needed to get the jump on him. Still, as much as I dislike some of Chuck's decision making, he has done pretty well for us. I like AJ, Dunta, Mathis, Pitts, Davis, just off the top of my head. I liked Gaffney, just thought we didn't use him well. Sure I could come up with more.

Truth be told, I like Babin too. I don't think he performed like a first rounder, but he's really learning a new position, and defensive mindset. I'm really interested in what he'll do in the 4-3.

chuckm
03-30-2006, 01:42 PM
Babin was graded a second rounder if I remember right, and I have no idea why in hell we thought we needed to get the jump on him. Still, as much as I dislike some of Chuck's decision making, he has done pretty well for us.

The way I've heard it quite a few times from several sources, Babin was not CC's choice. He was told by Fangio and Capers that they had to have Babin.

jerek
03-30-2006, 01:59 PM
Truth be told, I like Babin too. I don't think he performed like a first rounder, but he's really learning a new position, and defensive mindset. I'm really interested in what he'll do in the 4-3.

I don't dislike Babin other than we used a first rounder on him, but that's probably not his fault. He has the size/speed to be good, I guess I just question how dedicated to the game he is. Maybe it is just injury issues that have kept him out of a better light and I hope he continues to play well and improve, he looked good toward the end of last season.

P.S. What the hell is this? A VY/RB thread that got off track on another player besides David Carr? :)

thunderkyss
03-30-2006, 02:17 PM
P.S. What the hell is this? A VY/RB thread that got off track on another player besides David Carr? :)

You know what they say about a gift horse??

TexansLucky13
04-03-2006, 08:32 PM
I don't think it is possible to be very bad at pass blocking, and very good at run blocking.

You obviously have never heard of Todd Wade.

texplayer2
04-03-2006, 08:35 PM
Yea whatever he had a good pro day, so what, I mean the dude was suppose to do all that he's a RB. But still, I'm all for VY, just because IMO I know VY is better than Bush, from leadership to poise. I know everybody thinks he's the best back to ever come out,.......dude come on everybody said that 'bout Rashaan Salaam where's he now? I mean not just him, several people. But hey I know Kubes coaching skills therefore he'll draft a good late round back and pass on Bush just to get the man of the year and years to come, VY.:redtowel:

:rolleyes: 26 more days.

tulexan
04-03-2006, 08:46 PM
:rolleyes: 26 more days.

More like 3 days

MONARCH
04-03-2006, 09:07 PM

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING RIGHT? How couild you present such a profound query to all of TEXANS NATION.......?

FOR THIS IS TEXAS! Our MAGNIFICENT NATIVE SON Vince Young, is indeed coming home to play.....make no mistake about it!
MONARCH

TexansLucky13
04-03-2006, 09:12 PM
YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING RIGHT? How couild you present such a profound query to all of TEXANS NATION.......?

FOR THIS IS TEXAS! Our MAGNIFICENT NATIVE SON Vince Young, is indeed coming home to play.....make no mistake about it!
MONARCH

Having a slow day today, MONARCH? People may mistake that you are confusing yourself... you arent savvy with sarcasm. Whats wrong, man?

Nighthawk
04-03-2006, 11:38 PM
2. I have an idea that I think will be fun. I decide to offer a bet to anyone who thinks we are going to draft Vince Young.

Actually, the bet you should offer is who gets to the playoffs first, Vince or Carr. I expect you'd have takers on that one, being as you'd be left with Carr.

TexansLucky13
04-03-2006, 11:43 PM
Actually, the bet you should offer is who gets to the playoffs first, Vince or Carr. I expect you'd have takers on that one, being as you'd be left with Carr.

Since it's left to Carr, I would go 10 to 1 that Bush takes the Texans first... compared to Vince Young with (no one knows.... I think the Raiders will grab him up). I apologize that I have faith in Carr.

Untamed Guerillaz
04-04-2006, 10:05 PM
VY all theway baby DC is garbage and what?