PDA

View Full Version : a quick question about ragone?

keyfro
03-27-2006, 07:24 PM
does anyone know why we didn't send him back to nfl europe...i mean kubiak brought in rosenfals to be carr's back-up so what's the point of leaving ragone here to simply compete for the back-up job when he needs more playing time to develop into trade bate

TexanSam
03-27-2006, 07:26 PM
I don't know how much in trade you would get for a backup. He could have another amazing year in NFL Europe and I still don't think you could get more than a 6th round pick for him.

Runner
03-27-2006, 07:29 PM
Why would he want to go? Because it did so much for him last time? He dominated the league and got squat out of it.

Buzz
03-27-2006, 07:54 PM
I think the best thing to do would be to package him with someone else and get a veteran for the defensive secondary. You could always bring in somebody cheap as a third stringer at QB.

vtech9
03-27-2006, 09:40 PM
does anyone know why we didn't send him back to nfl europe...i mean kubiak brought in rosenfals to be carr's back-up so what's the point of leaving ragone here to simply compete for the back-up job when he needs more playing time to develop into trade bate
Ragone possibly didn't go to Europe in order to give him a full camp to fight for the #2 spot. If he goes to NFLE, he wouldn't have the time that Sage would have to learn the new playbook. He would be at a distinct disadvantage. Since he stayed, he has the same amount of time to learn the playbook, and therefore, has the same chance to win the job.

2 CENTS
03-27-2006, 11:30 PM
I think you can only play in NFL Europe for 2 years and I think Ragone has used his 2 years already.

HoustonFan
03-27-2006, 11:44 PM
Thinking about it right now, I don't think they should have gone after Rosenfals. Wasn't Ragone MVP in NFL Europe last year? He had a better pre-season than Carr, IMO. I'm excited about what Kubiak and the new staff is going to do for the offense and Carr, but Ragone could easily be a legtimiate #2 QB. Let's remember what Mr. Harvard came in and did to us last season - and he was a #3.

kcwilson
03-28-2006, 10:53 PM
Thinking about it right now, I don't think they should have gone after Rosenfals. Wasn't Ragone MVP in NFL Europe last year? He had a better pre-season than Carr, IMO. I'm excited about what Kubiak and the new staff is going to do for the offense and Carr, but Ragone could easily be a legtimiate #2 QB. Let's remember what Mr. Harvard came in and did to us last season - and he was a #3.

To be fair, Mr. Harvard was probably playing the equivalent of the Cornell Univ. defense last year against the Texans. And to be fair, as an alum, I feel bad about be-smirching the good name of the Cornell Univ. defense by equating them to the '05 Texans defense. Go Big Red! (whatever a Big Red is, but still Go!)

keyfro
03-28-2006, 11:01 PM
well i understand the arguement about him wanting to stay to have a chance to fight for the number 2 qb spot but i think kubiak has already made that decision by giving rosenfels a pretty good contract

texan279
03-28-2006, 11:26 PM
I doubt we trade Ragone since we probably wouldn't even get the 3rd round pick we used to draft him...

wags
03-28-2006, 11:45 PM
Let's remember what Mr. Harvard came in and did to us last season - and he was a #3.

Do you remember what Mr. Harvard did against the rest of the league?

He completed 50% of his passes and threw 1 TD and 7 INT's. That's how bad our defense sucked!!!!!