PDA

View Full Version : I just thought of something?

DominickDavisFan76
03-27-2006, 06:18 PM
Yo do u think that the coaches and owners of the Texans check this message board for ideas?

what do u think

HardKnockTexan
03-27-2006, 06:21 PM
at best they might look to see whats being talked about but I really.. REALLY hope that they arent relying of a bunch of monday morning GM's to decide how the team should be put together and ran.

DominickDavisFan76
03-27-2006, 06:26 PM
Yo it would be better if the ppl that vote atleast post some kind of reply so I can understand y u voted for what, thanks :homer:

Seņor Stan
03-27-2006, 06:34 PM
Yo it would be better if the ppl that vote atleast post some kind of reply so I can understand y u voted for what, thanks :homer:

I don't think they read the board for ideas. Laughs, maybe.

mapleleaf
03-27-2006, 06:35 PM
Well come to think of it...no. I mean we're just fans all that we can do to the Texans is just attend their games and scream in support and follow their stats on ESPN. I don't think they'll come here for ideas because they don't want their opinions swayed, but then again it would be kind of ridiclous if you don't know what your fans want, but then again again....it wouldn't matter.

hollywood_texan
03-27-2006, 06:49 PM
Yo do u think that the coaches and owners of the Texans check this message board for ideas?

what do u think

Probably not. Maybe someone from the organization looks at to get a pulse but probably that is about it.

There are some good points here, but probably a lot those things they have already thought of.

jacquescas
03-27-2006, 06:50 PM
if they are checking this message board we are in serious trouble.

mapleleaf
03-27-2006, 06:57 PM
if they are checking this message board we are in serious trouble.
Nah, I think that if they do then they're just not human enough to think.

Runner
03-27-2006, 07:42 PM
No.

However, I've heard that they hang out at Buffalo Wild Wings on Friday and Saturday nights and eavesdrop on the conversations between drunk sports fans. They think the ideas flow more freely in that environment. They've also found the participants a little more respectful to each other since they are face to face. And they can eat wings while they spy!

All in all, BW3s is a great place for the coaches and front office to pick up on new Texan team strategies.

MorKnolle
03-27-2006, 08:42 PM
The FO people may occasionally check to see what is being said, and I'm sure there are some lower people within the organization that check on things fairly often and maybe even post on here, but they aren't going to get ideas or take advice on what to do from these boards.

el toro
03-27-2006, 08:50 PM
Maybe someone in the marketing department checks in here to gauge fan reaction and what not.

swtbound07
03-27-2006, 09:29 PM
actually, i can answer this. Someone with in the organization DOES browse this board, but not for football content. It is for purposes of marketing and sales, but nobody from the scouting department, or the office of the general manager reads what we post. I asked this question to a friend of mine who is a scout.

The Dude Abides
03-27-2006, 09:50 PM
Well if they do read this then................
GET REGGIE BUSH MR.MCNAIR!!!!!!!!

Done.

TexanBorn51
03-27-2006, 10:01 PM
Oy yeah well check this out for getting some wild vibes into the subject. My last name is McClain and I just joined and started posting last week. Although I've been reading this site and the posts here since who knows way back when but should I assure anyone that I'm not and/or related to the infamous Houston Chronicle News sports writer McClain but I am wiritng this.

Texizgreat
03-27-2006, 10:14 PM
I would be willing to bet each of the players has been here multiple times..

Oilers/Texans
03-27-2006, 10:20 PM
They probably are not even aware there is a houstontexans.com message board. If coaches were to go to a message board for ideas, then they have no business being a coach.

mapleleaf
03-27-2006, 10:23 PM
I would be willing to bet each of the players has been here multiple times..
Doubt it. Busy as hell like celebs.

swtbound07
03-27-2006, 10:27 PM
They probably are not even aware there is a houstontexans.com message board. If coaches were to go to a message board for ideas, then they have no business being a coach.

like i said, the coaches/players, no, but the marketing/advertising/public relations department in fact, do.

Carr Bombed
03-27-2006, 10:31 PM
Doubt it. Busy as hell like celebs.

I wouldn't doubt that players look at this board, from time to time. The Jag's Donivan Darius even posts on their board, his name is "DoubleD20"

Oilers/Texans
03-27-2006, 10:34 PM
like i said, the coaches/players, no, but the marketing/advertising/public relations department in fact, do.

Yeah, I'm sure the marketing/advertising/PR department do know about this site because I'm sure they are behind it's design. But players and coaches?? No way, lots of times you hear about players and coaches who will not read the sports page or watch sports news on TV. I just can't imagine them coming on an internet message board.

Carr Bombed
03-27-2006, 10:39 PM
Yeah, I'm sure the marketing/advertising/PR department do know about this site because I'm sure they are behind it's design. But players and coaches?? No way, lots of times you hear about players and coaches who will not read the sports page or watch sports news on TV. I just can't imagine them coming on an internet message board.

Why not? Football players are regular people too and they know how to use a computer. On a 53 man roster I'm sure there has been a handful of players that have wandered through here before. They probably get a good laugh out of it.

Carr Bombed
03-27-2006, 10:43 PM
I'm sure after ESPN's piece on Reggie Bush and our remarks on this Message Board, there was quite a few players that logged on and checked it out

Hardcore Texan
03-27-2006, 10:45 PM
Probably not...except for Joppru, he has had some spare time

no one would for ideas, just to get an idea of how the diehard fans are feeling, and how to sell them stuff. Here's the best idea you will find on the board, HOW ABOUT 1/2 PRICE BEER EVERY OTHER HOME GAME!

TexanBorn51
03-27-2006, 11:23 PM
Maybe and maybe not the players, coaches, owners, and marketing etc, but all the above mentioned do have families, relatives, and friends who know other families, relatives, and friends all over the states and you would think some of them could have checked in every now and then to check out what's going on the forums for their next conversation when they get together.

NEROtheZERO
03-27-2006, 11:53 PM
Probably not...except for Joppru, he has had some spare time

no one would for ideas, just to get an idea of how the diehard fans are feeling, and how to sell them stuff. Here's the best idea you will find on the board, HOW ABOUT 1/2 PRICE BEER EVERY OTHER HOME GAME!
I will second that

mancunian
03-28-2006, 05:52 AM
I wouldn't doubt that players look at this board, from time to time. The Jag's Donivan Darius even posts on their board, his name is "DoubleD20"

You know you started with that as people will start to try and second guess if certain members are in fact players.:redtowel:

Carr Bombed
03-28-2006, 06:31 AM
Yall don't think Carr was checking this place out after his mom posted on here. I bet he did.

Hell Big Ben uses the internet to pick up dates (I don't know why, you think all he would have to do is walk into a bar and say, Hi, my name is Ben Rothlisberger.), players use the internet just like we do.

HJam72
03-28-2006, 07:40 AM
I know one thing: if I were in any way involved with that organization, I would definitely check out this site occasionally; but then, I'm a weirdo anyway. :)

Texans Horror
03-28-2006, 09:36 AM
IMO you are going to find rarely that a player posts on this board, and even if he did, nobody would believe it. I doubt, for example, that David Carr would post - Hi, My name's David Carr. If that were to happen, nobody would believe the post anyway.

That being said, players'/FO relatives do post here occasionally, so I would recommend to anyone posting on the board to keep that in mind the next time you bash a certain player (i.e., XXXXX sucks). Relatives tend to get their feelings hurt worse than players, I think.

Da_General
03-28-2006, 12:40 PM
I work for the organization in a limited capacity, and I'm a HUGE fan. I read these boards daily. My limited role with the organization is tied to that Marketing Department. If I come across anything that has to do with what I do on gamedays, I don't hesitate to pass it on to my superiors. Nobody ever asked me to do it, I just figured I'd take a little ownership in what I'm a part of since I'm here anyway.

Do players come here? I'd be willing to bet you that more than one of the regular posters is a player. Do I have any evidence? Nope, not a lick of it. Just a feeling. They're people too. They're fans, they want to know what's going on out there, they'd want to read it if they heard they were getting blasted. Haven't you ever googled your own name? You don't think they've done it? Sometimes people think that the players are some special animal...they're just people like the rest of us!
My :twocents:

And BTW, I am NOT John McClain! He stole MY nickname!!!

Meloy
03-28-2006, 04:31 PM
How silly of you to think the Texans care what any of you think. I on the other hand get calls from McNair on all his Texans, personal and business questions. Woops! Just fell out of my chair laughing.. I crack me up.

Oilers/Texans
03-28-2006, 06:31 PM
I just seriously doubt any coaches or players would get involved with this, at least not during the season anyway. I remember on the Tennessee Oilers website; however; that supposedly Erik Norgards wife was talking with fans, but who knows.

Texizgreat
03-28-2006, 08:00 PM
With the Egos of players? For them to see what people think of them in an honest format such as a MB would be like crack!

rafterticket
03-29-2006, 12:09 PM

I have no doubt they checked this board as a temperature gauge last year.

How many times did the team contact any of you (email, phone calls, letters) last year? They were worried about the team and what we thought about it.

As bad as the team was, I was impressed with their concern. They moved their tails if you asked me.