PDA

View Full Version : Moulds Trade Official

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9

playoff year please
04-03-2006, 12:18 PM
Mark my words. Well I did say we were going at least 9-7 last year.

billsfan1111
04-03-2006, 12:27 PM
]']The gaule of the BIll to ask for a third pick!! I idoits! :challenge :challenge :challenge

Let him lose as a FA and he will sign with us.:rolleyes:
OK i am a bills fan just here to tell you we are 9 mill under the cap with moulds 10 mill cap hit so no we are not going to release him, it will be trade or he stays in buffalo it is as simple as that. Trust me we all want him gone here in buff well most of us and you want him but just like last year when no one said we could get a 3rd for Travis henry and we did we will get atleast a third or nothing. Moulds will sit the bench not play what ever but keep in mind we get all that money back if he does then and we save the whole 10 mill so buffalo is in a win win situation right now. Moulds can not nor will not force us to make a move it will be the bills doing

Trapped
04-03-2006, 12:35 PM
Billsfan,i mean, if he's not gonna play and sit on ur team, might as well take a 5th rounder.

i don't understand the "3rd or nothing" terminology. It's not like Eric Moulds will be going to a "Contender". If he was going to the Patriot or Dolphins i would ask for a 3rd, But he's going to a team that finished 2-14 last year.

Bills will stall and try to get what they can, but at the end of the day, it's only simple logic to get that 5th rounder or 4th rounder.

DoCRoN
04-03-2006, 12:40 PM
I just wanted to extend the post number, but also wanted to throw something crazy in here as well

What if the Texans were to trade down with the Packers and give them the #1 pick. in return the Packers give Texans Javon Walker and a 3rd or 4th round pick as well...

HMMMMM

And we were just starting to get this thread back on track... :rolleyes:

tsip
04-03-2006, 12:49 PM
...think Texans will blow this? Eagles think they've got him--if sticking with a 5th loses him, spare the crying towels about 'woulda/shoulda' and go on.....:yahoo:

Bearfan Blue and Orange
04-03-2006, 01:08 PM
...think Texans will blow this? Eagles think they've got him--if sticking with a 5th loses him, spare the crying towels about 'woulda/shoulda' and go on.....:yahoo:

If a 5th loses him, HE WAS NEVER HERE ANYWAY.

done88
04-03-2006, 01:15 PM
OK i am a bills fan just here to tell you we are 9 mill under the cap with moulds 10 mill cap hit so no we are not going to release him, it will be trade or he stays in buffalo it is as simple as that. Trust me we all want him gone here in buff well most of us and you want him but just like last year when no one said we could get a 3rd for Travis henry and we did we will get atleast a third or nothing. Moulds will sit the bench not play what ever but keep in mind we get all that money back if he does then and we save the whole 10 mill so buffalo is in a win win situation right now. Moulds can not nor will not force us to make a move it will be the bills doing
First of all the bills are 8+ mil under and he will count 10+ therefore 2 mil over. Second even if he sits and you do not cut or trade him you have to clear 2 mil in cap space. I can understand keeping him to prove a point but not when you have to cut other useful players. DOn't act like keeping Moulds is an option we all know it is not or management would not even be entertaing the trade.

el toro
04-03-2006, 01:17 PM
You guys are overthinking this. Either the Bills get a draft pick and out of paying his salary for next season or they don't. They have a team ready to take on Moulds and give up a pick. As much as they would love to get a 3rd rounder, they aren't going to force the issue to the point of jeopardizing the potential deal. A 4th or 5th is what they are going to end up with. Getting a pick and getting out of having to pay the salary for a guy who isn't with them anymore is their ultimate aim. Sure, they'd love to get a higher pick, who wouldn't? But they aren't going to blow this thing up. Relax.

real
04-03-2006, 01:22 PM
80 Pages...Wow

Ibar_Harry
04-03-2006, 01:23 PM
What surprises me is Moulds was suppose to be in Houston today. So far there has been no such word about that happening. I would say so far that is a better indication of how things are going. Moulds, of course, would be a great addition. However, as some have said, if his true heart is in Philly, then by all means lets move on. That's not what the Texans and Kubiak are about. If he doesn't come here and get a feeling of what is happening and unwilling to even explore his options with Kubiak and Sherman, then let him go.

Again I would very much like to have Moulds, but I also want a happy camper whose heart and soul is in the game. The longer this plays out the less likely it is to happen.....

TexanFan881
04-03-2006, 01:26 PM

The Eagles have been out of the running for awhile now they didn't even show much interest. The Bills probably just said they were offering a pick in the first place just so they can up the pick they want.

TexanFan881
04-03-2006, 01:27 PM
What surprises me is Moulds was suppose to be in Houston today. So far there has been no such word about that happening. I would say so far that is a better indication of how things are going. Moulds, of course, would be a great addition. However, as some have said, if his true heart is in Philly, then by all means lets move on. That's not what the Texans and Kubiak are about. If he doesn't come here and get a feeling of what is happening and unwilling to even explore his options with Kubiak and Sherman, then let him go.

Again I would very much like to have Moulds, but I also want a happy camper whose heart and soul is in the game. The longer this plays out the less likely it is to happen.....

His heart might be in Philly but his mom lives closer to Houston and he needs to get his priorities strait.

Roughnecks
04-03-2006, 01:31 PM

Then keep his a** do not think you going to come on this MB and say give us a third or no deal we are only using him for 3 maybe 4 years not 6 or 7 so take your fourth round pick and keep your pie hole shut!!!

billsfan1111
04-03-2006, 01:35 PM
First of all the bills are 8+ mil under and he will count 10+ therefore 2 mil over. Second even if he sits and you do not cut or trade him you have to clear 2 mil in cap space. I can understand keeping him to prove a point but not when you have to cut other useful players. DOn't act like keeping Moulds is an option we all know it is not or management would not even be entertaing the trade.
no no no your wrong with moulds 10 mill we are 9 mill under go look it up for yourself if we trade him we goto 14 mill under. Just trying to help you all get your facts straight :redtowel: :yahoo:

Ibar_Harry
04-03-2006, 01:37 PM
I posted earlier in this thread to watch out for Buffalo. Are they playing the Pace game. As one of the Buffalo posters said, they really don't have to cut him loose. There was a lot of negativism towards the center from GB, but it happened very quickly without much fanfare. He's happy and we are happy. We have passed on two WR's so far, so perhaps this will be the 3rd.

McNair and company seem to be going out and giving their best offer right away and if people are smart enough they take it. If not we seem to be moving on and I like that approach. Either you like us or you don't. We are not playing games and we don't expect the players to be playing games. We don't need to waste a lot of time with people who don't want to play here or who will even come and listen. Kubiak wants players who are committed to the team, if not no sense being here seems to be his motto.

done88
04-03-2006, 01:40 PM
no no no your wrong with moulds 10 mill we are 9 mill under go look it up for yourself if we trade him we goto 14 mill under. Just trying to help you all get your facts straight :redtowel: :yahoo:
The bills are 8.5 mil under if they cut or trade Moulds they will gain 5.5 mil. 8.5 mil + 5.5 mil = 14 mil under. The reason they will only gain 5.5 mil is because when they trade him his entire bonus is moved to the current year. If they do not cut or trade Moulds they will be over the cap.

TexanFan881
04-03-2006, 01:40 PM

If you keep Moulds he will make you regret it. You have Lee Evans, Josh Reed, and Roscoe Parrish and should be happy with a fourth round pick because you will still have a pretty good recieving core. I just think it's stupid that all of a sudden that we've negotiated a contract with Moulds and now the Bills want a pick about 35 picks earlier in the draft.

TexanFan881
04-03-2006, 01:42 PM
And why is everyone acting like we've lost Moulds?

Ibar_Harry
04-03-2006, 01:44 PM
And why is everyone acting like we've lost Moulds?

So far he is a no show in HOUSTON.....

TexanFan881
04-03-2006, 01:46 PM

So he's a little late. Everyone's got to stop being so negative. Just because we had the Pace deal last year and have had some free agents not sign with us this year doesn't mean that Moulds is not coming.

GhostRaider2006
04-03-2006, 01:46 PM

You know it's really easy to say this when it isn't your money. LOL!!

TexanFan881
04-03-2006, 01:49 PM
we are getting greedy, selfish, and stupid

how are we being greedy, selfish, and stupid?

billsfan1111
04-03-2006, 01:53 PM
The bills are 8.5 mil under if they cut or trade Moulds they will gain 5.5 mil. 8.5 mil + 5.5 mil = 14 mil under. The reason they will only gain 5.5 mil is because when they trade him his entire bonus is moved to the current year. If they do not cut or trade Moulds they will be over the cap.
ok read what you just wrote........... 8.5 +5.5=14 mill you are correct so how does moulds eat up 14 mill cap ??? answer me that, how can a 10mill cap hit turn into a 16 mill swing (your saying 2 mill over ) but if we let him go to you we are 14 mill under man oh man you are not makeing sence i think the heat in houston is getting to you lol :stirpot: .... no matter what spin you put on it we are 9 mill under and if we cut or trades moulds we goto 14 mill under if he stays it is 9 he goes 14 it really isnt that hard to understand :ok:

GhostRaider2006
04-03-2006, 01:55 PM
I keep reading Moulds isn't in Houston. Do we know this for a fact or are we just guessing this right now because we havn't heard anything on the radio yet which I don't expect we will hear anything unless there is an annocement of the trade being completed because of the start of MLB season tonight and the Astros first game. MLB is going to dominate the radio today so I would aim at tonights news for any updates on Moulds because baseball is going to priority number one today in sports news.

TexanFan881
04-03-2006, 01:56 PM
I keep reading Moulds isn't in Houston. Do we know this for a fact or are we just guessing this right now because we havn't heard anything on the radio yet which I don't expect we will hear anything unless there is an annocement of the trade being completed because of the start of MLB season tonight and the Astros first game. MLB is going to dominate the radio today so I would aim at tonights news for any updates on Moulds because baseball is going to priority number one today in sports news.

Nobody has mentioned anything about it yet. I think if he wasn't coming we would've heard something by now.

ensign_lee
04-03-2006, 02:00 PM
ok read what you just wrote........... 8.5 +5.5=14 mill you are correct so how does moulds eat up 14 mill cap ??? answer me that, how can a 10mill cap hit turn into a 16 mill swing (your saying 2 mill over ) but if we let him go to you we are 14 mill under man oh man you are not makeing sence i think the heat in houston is getting to you lol :stirpot: .... no matter what spin you put on it we are 9 mill under and if we cut or trades moulds we goto 14 mill under if he stays it is 9 he goes 14 it really isnt that hard to understand :ok:

Ok. So there are two scenarios here:

1) You keep Moulds and don't let him play. This costs you $10 million dollars and puts you $2 million OVER the cap.

2) You cut/trade Moulds. That will relieve you of the $7.1 million in unguaranteed money that you would have to pay him to play for the Bills. That makes it so that you are $5 million under the cap.

At no point does Moulds SAVE you $10 million. It is $7.1 million in unguaranteed money + $3 million in guaranteed money THIS YEAR that you were supposed to have paid him this year.

And this is BEFORE the $2 million in guaranteed money for NEXT YEAR that will accelerate to THIS YEAR'S cap should you cut him.

So actually, if you cut/trade Moulds, that will mean that you are still paying him a guaranteed $5 million, which puts you $3 million under the cap.

Once again, at no point does trading Moulds SAVE you $10 million. This is what happens with contracts that consist of money that is guaranteed.

TexanFan881
04-03-2006, 02:02 PM
I'm going to say by the time NFL access is over we will know what is going on, wheter it's from the show or news on the internet. Hopefully we just decided to wait until the trade is a done deal to bring him over here. :)

billsfan1111
04-03-2006, 02:08 PM
Ok. So there are two scenarios here:

1) You keep Moulds and don't let him play. This costs you $10 million dollars and puts you $2 million OVER the cap.

2) You cut/trade Moulds. That will relieve you of the $7.1 million in unguaranteed money that you would have to pay him to play for the Bills. That makes it so that you are $5 million under the cap.

At no point does Moulds SAVE you $10 million. It is $7.1 million in unguaranteed money + $3 million in guaranteed money THIS YEAR that you were supposed to have paid him this year.

And this is BEFORE the $2 million in guaranteed money for NEXT YEAR that will accelerate to THIS YEAR'S cap should you cut him.

So actually, if you cut/trade Moulds, that will mean that you are still paying him a guaranteed $5 million, which puts you $3 million under the cap.

Once again, at no point does trading Moulds SAVE you $10 million. This is what happens with contracts that consist of money that is guaranteed.
lol at no point are we over at all right now WITH MOULDS LOL man why is it so hard for you to understand lol ?????? BUFFALO is 9 mill under with moulds we DONT HAVE TO CUT NOR TRADE WE ARE UNDER 9 MILL oh ya did i mention that we are 9 mill under the cap please go look for yourself lol better yet let me get you a link and maybe call your local school for some math tutering your going to need it lol................

here is your link last update march 9th 2006 http://www.askthecommish.com/salarycap/numbers.asp

with moulds we were 13.5 mill under we made some moves and added players now we are 9 mil under, the link speaks for itself

TexanFan881
04-03-2006, 02:08 PM
lol at no point are we over at all right now WITH MOULDS LOL man why is it so hard for you to understand lol ?????? BUFFALO is 9 mill under with moulds we DONT HAVE TO CUT NOR TRADE WE ARE UNDER 9 MILL oh ya did i mention that we are 9 mill under the cap please go look for yourself lol better yet let me get you a link and maybe call your local school for some math tutering your going to need it lol

if you guys are 3 mil over than the redskins must be 10 mil over.

ensign_lee
04-03-2006, 02:11 PM
lol at no point are we over at all right now WITH MOULDS LOL man why is it so hard for you to understand lol ?????? BUFFALO is 9 mill under with moulds we DONT HAVE TO CUT NOR TRADE WE ARE UNDER 9 MILL oh ya did i mention that we are 9 mill under the cap please go look for yourself lol better yet let me get you a link and maybe call your local school for some math tutering your going to need it lol

You are currently under the cap because you have not yet paid Moulds. Once you do, you will be OVER the cap.

billsfan1111
04-03-2006, 02:18 PM
You are currently under the cap because you have not yet paid Moulds. Once you do, you will be OVER the cap.
yes that is our cap with all players intact this comeing year but this is the last time i will respond to this because it is going no where with you, just admit your wrong and houston nor buffalo holds any cards all i was saying and proved my point is we dont have to trade or cut moulds untill our GM gets what he feels he is worth. I mean thank god we are not all GMS because i wouldnt let moulds for your first this year, i know he is old and all but he easly has 3 years left in him for 80-100 catches a year and here in buff we are going to miss that big time

TexanFan881
04-03-2006, 02:19 PM
yes that is our cap with all players intact this comeing year but this is the last time i will respond to this because it is going no where with you, just admit your wrong and houston nor buffalo holds any cards all i was saying and proved my point is we dont have to trade or cut moulds untill our GM gets what he feels he is worth. I mean thank god we are not all GMS because i wouldnt let moulds for your first this year, i know he is old and all but he easly has 3 years left in him for 80-100 catches a year and here in buff we are going to miss that big time

so now your admiting that you were wrong about the cap or what? that's great, you just stated what we've all been talking about.

the wonger need food
04-03-2006, 02:22 PM

How much over the cap will you guys be when you trade/cut Losman?

tsip
04-03-2006, 02:23 PM
The Eagles have been out of the running for awhile now they didn't even show much interest. The Bills probably just said they were offering a pick in the first place just so they can up the pick they want.

http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/sports/14229439.htm

billsfan1111
04-03-2006, 02:23 PM
so now your admiting that you were wrong about the cap or what? that's great, you just stated what we've all been talking about.
HUH :brickwall r u kidding me i said with all our players right now under contract we are 9 mill under and no i wasnt wrong do you guys there in houston have a prob reading lol man oh man :ok: :spy:

Hervoyel
04-03-2006, 02:24 PM
bills fan, what do you expect.

Goatcheese
04-03-2006, 02:30 PM
I just think it's stupid that all of a sudden that we've negotiated a contract with Moulds and now the Bills want a pick about 35 picks earlier in the draft.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9344736

While I was at the owners meetings, I asked two GMs what Moulds was worth if he agreed to a deal like the one Keyshawn Johnson took in Carolina. The opinion was that if Moulds was willing to take that deal then he would be worth a third-round pick. If he required money in line with Terrell Owens and a club was willing to pay it, then the compensation might only be a fourth-round pick.

The Bills reasoning isn't completely absurd based on this article. I think the Texans went into this expecting to give up our 4th, and when nobody else was interested we lowered our bid to a 5th. Now the Bills are trying to bump it back up to our 4th.

If I'm the Texans I stand pat, because nobody else is offering more.

billsfan1111
04-03-2006, 02:30 PM
bills fan, what do you expect.
nothing more than some good football convo is all i am a bills fan through and through went through 4 superbowls losses (man that sucked) i would just like to see something construtive outa this is all and have fun with it as i go :redtowel:

Bearfan Blue and Orange
04-03-2006, 02:33 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9344736

The Bills reasoning isn't completely absurd based on this article. I think the Texans went into this expecting to give up our 4th, and when nobody else was interested we lowered our bid to a 5th. Now the Bills are trying to bump it back up to our 4th.

If I'm the Texans I stand pat, because nobody else is offering more.

AGREEE 100%....
Philly Supposed offerred a 6th round. We are offering a 5th round, which is the FIRST pick of the 5th round so it may as well be a late 4th round.

Buffalo is not going to get a 4th rounder not a 4th rounder this year of the Texans

Porky
04-03-2006, 02:35 PM

Relax dude. He is here in Houston at the Texan's offices as we speak. I know you were expecting a phone call upon his arrival, but somehow CC's rolodex was tampered with, and your contact info was removed. This deal is on track, and if it doesn't happen today, it will soon. Everyone needs to relax, exhale, and take a deep breath. Everything is fine, and Moulds will be a Texan very soon. :ok:

Texans34Life
04-03-2006, 02:50 PM
Hey Porky, you work for the Texans?

WIDERIGHTXXV
04-03-2006, 02:51 PM

Wrong, Moulds is on our cap number right now. With him, right now, we are 9 million under the cap. If Moulds is released OR traded it will save us (Buffalo) about 5 million dollars, bringing us to a grand total of 14 million under the cap. There is no way Buffalo will release him THIS year, he still has too much value. Other teams were looking until it appeared that the Texans had him locked up ......which in my opinion, they do.

Buffalo will hold on to him, if nothing works out with Houston, and wait to see if there is an injury in the preseason, and then maximize his value. Is this likely? No, there is no question in my mind that Marv wants a pick this year, and doesn't feel like waiting around. So don't worry, he will be a Houston Texan sooner or later.

Local papers have reported today that Houston is offering the 4th (98) overall, but Buffalo wants one of thier 3rds. Marv is reaching at this point, because Emo doesn't want to play here, and has made it very public that he'll never wear a Bills uni again. I believe him, and so should Marv and the rest of the Bills brain-trust. Get the 4th, and walk away.

Yeah, I'm a Bills fan, but I will say that Moulds is a MUCH better player than you think he is. This guy did everything for us, with almost zero help around him. He's gone through so many different Quaterbacks, coaches, and offensive systems. Moulds restructured his contract more than once to help the team, and what did they do for him....nothing. I don't blame him for wanting a fresh start near his home, on a team that has all the makings of a true contender if just a few things get cleaned up. Andre Johnson, D. Davis, Reggie Bush, and Eric Moulds....not a bad core at all.

Good luck with Emo, he'll show that a fourth rounder was a very small price to pay for a guy that comes to play, hard, on every play.

Hervoyel
04-03-2006, 02:52 PM
Hey Porky, you work for the Texans?

No he doesn't. He just stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.... and Eric Moulds was in the room next to him talking about how happy he was to be in Houston.

THEFUTURE
04-03-2006, 02:55 PM
No he doesn't. He just stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.... and Eric Moulds was in the room next to him talking about how happy he was to be in Houston.
so thats why Eric Moulds wants to get paid... he is forced into staying at Holiday Inn's now. lol

Hervoyel
04-03-2006, 02:57 PM
You know what? I'm really wanting to get this guy for a 5 but in all honesty I wouldn't just come unglued if it costs a 4. I'd call a draft with the first overall pick + three other first day picks + Eric Moulds a good draft. Assuming of course those three picks were used wisely.

Of course I'd like to keep the 4 and give you guys a 5 but then if the shoe was on the other foot you would feel the same way.

Of course I want free pie and chips. It's pie, with chips, for free.

THEFUTURE
04-03-2006, 03:05 PM
If anything, offer up our 5th, and throw in another pick from next year. I am hoping our draft position isn't as good as it is this year, so another pick in the late rounds of next year won't hurt us to much

Grid
04-03-2006, 03:15 PM
I wont be bothered by giving up a 4th. Moulds has a couple of seasons left in him..and he is an immediate solution to our long time problems with the #2 receiver. He will free up AJ and allow him to take his game to the next level. In the meantime we can be grooming Mathis and Walter.

Give em the fourth if thats what it takes..and be happy to do it.

Sportsfan
04-03-2006, 03:20 PM
Relax dude. He is here in Houston at the Texan's offices as we speak. This deal is on track, and if it doesn't happen today, it will soon. Everyone needs to relax, exhale, and take a deep breath. Everything is fine, and Moulds will be a Texan very soon. :ok:

And you know this how, Porky?

Hey mods, by the way, does this thread set a new record? 1600+ posts in one week!!

billsfan1111
04-03-2006, 03:25 PM
I wont be bothered by giving up a 4th. Moulds has a couple of seasons left in him..and he is an immediate solution to our long time problems with the #2 receiver. He will free up AJ and allow him to take his game to the next level. In the meantime we can be grooming Mathis and Walter.

Give em the fourth if thats what it takes..and be happy to do it.i agree with you 4th and done everyone is happy i mean it isnt like the 4th is a high second or low first :):crying:

the wonger need food
04-03-2006, 03:34 PM
Someone from 790 had a short interview with Moulds. He's been in town for a little while.

texanfan2002114
04-03-2006, 03:35 PM
Someone from 790 had a short interview with Moulds. He's been in town for a little while.

Thanks for the update!! Any more news other than that he is in Houston?

michaelm
04-03-2006, 03:40 PM
If anything, offer up our 5th, and throw in another pick from next year. I am hoping our draft position isn't as good as it is this year, so another pick in the late rounds of next year won't hurt us to much

If they are holding out for our 4th, I still say offer our 5th and swap our 4th with theirs.
We'd only give up a 5th and move down 7 spots in the 4th. Sounds like a good compromise to me.

Sportsfan
04-03-2006, 03:40 PM

Sweet, he's in then. :redtowel:

TexanFan881
04-03-2006, 03:59 PM

Thanks vey much for the update. I'm sure the trade is being finallized as we speak.

chuckm
04-03-2006, 04:02 PM
Thanks for the update!! Any more news other than that he is in Houston?

790 is replaying the interview right now

chuckm
04-03-2006, 04:04 PM
he says

Houston is a team on the rise ..... he's a Southern boy (his words not mine) .... impressions of Carr are intelligent, can be good if given time .... that's it, the interview was like 4 questions long

Texans34Life
04-03-2006, 04:09 PM
Dalati said on the ticker that Moulds just had a physical here in Houston and met the coaches.

chuckm
04-03-2006, 04:09 PM
his physical was today but he's not scheduled to stay overnight in town .... FWIW

Mr Shush
04-03-2006, 04:22 PM
Not wanting to pee on your bonfire, but he'd be a moron of TO proportions to slag off the quarterback of a team he was about to sign for. He was hardly going to say, "Yeah, I don't like David Carr. He's as dumb as a sack of rocks, he can't throw worth a damn and his mum's ugly. Plus, she's also his half-sister, and that's just whack, man. I hear he had long hair, too, and I really hate those long-haired muff-dodgers."

In fact, even TO would probably wait for at least a year or so after signing before he said that. In rap.

done88
04-03-2006, 04:28 PM
Not wanting to pee on your bonfire, but he'd be a moron of TO proportions to slag off the quarterback of a team he was about to sign for. He was hardly going to say, "Yeah, I don't like David Carr. He's as dumb as a sack of rocks, he can't throw worth a damn and his mum's ugly. Plus, she's also his half-sister, and that's just whack, man. I hear he had long hair, too, and I really hate those long-haired muff-dodgers."

In fact, even TO would probably wait for at least a year or so after signing before he said that. In rap.

However he did not have to reference Carr at all there are plenty of excuses he could have used. He has been sold on Carr by Kubiak. I believe it was word for word from an earlier interview. He is coming for the money and hopefully the team will become a good team while he is here.

Mr Shush
04-03-2006, 04:34 PM
Oh, don't get me wrong - I very much doubt he'd be coming here if he thought Carr stank. I just don't think it's ever worth taking opinions expressed by a sports person (or any public figure) in interview very seriously, especially not opinions about fellow members of their profession.

The Dude Abides
04-03-2006, 04:38 PM
Sports Radio 610 - Didn't know if Moulds deal was done. All they knew is that he's in town.

Texans34Life
04-03-2006, 04:40 PM
Dalati reports on the ticker that Moulds picked Houston because it's closer to home. He said the trade won't be announced until tomorrow.

Thanks Moulds Mom!

texansfan1974
04-03-2006, 04:51 PM
Dalati reports on the ticker that Moulds picked Houston because it's closer to home. He said the trade won't be announced until tomorrow.

Thanks Moulds Mom!
Hopefully it wil slpie out tonite. Then we can watch the :astros: and get Moulds in one night. PARTY!!!:sbad: :banana: :whoohoo:

tiger06
04-03-2006, 05:32 PM
don't...know...how...much...longer...I...can...wai t....feel....cold...

jacquescas
04-03-2006, 05:40 PM
i'm out of sick days this needs to be done now.

Str8tupg42k1
04-03-2006, 05:54 PM
after this thread is finished and everything is said and done i'm going to take a time off off this message board. I mean I've read more in this thread than I ever did at school. The post count quantum leaps my total posts. At least i'll be in it.:redtowel:

TexanFan881
04-03-2006, 06:06 PM
Article from nfl.com going over what has happened today
http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9355639

EYES ON TEXAS

Very quietly this offseason, the Texans have upgraded their offense.

And they're not done yet.

Buffalo wide receiver Eric Moulds spent today visiting with Houston officials, undergoing a physical and laying the groundwork for the Texans to complete a trade with the Bills.

Eric Moulds could be the next addition to Houston's improved offense.
Eric Moulds could be the next addition to Houston's improved offense.
All that remains right now is the Texans working out a trade package with the Bills, which could happen anytime soon.

Adding Moulds would be the final piece to an impressive offseason in which the Texans have signed Flanagan, fullback Jameel Cook, wide receiver Ken Walter and tight end Jeb Putzier. And they're expected to draft Reggie Bush.

TexanFan881
04-03-2006, 06:13 PM
HUH :brickwall r u kidding me i said with all our players right now under contract we are 9 mill under and no i wasnt wrong do you guys there in houston have a prob reading lol man oh man :ok: :spy:

It's obvious your the one with the reading problem because I'm from Illinois :rolleyes:

F-minus67
04-03-2006, 06:15 PM
I was just wondering, has there been any progress for the past 3 or 4 days?

big homey
04-03-2006, 06:15 PM
I think I might be the only one on this board who hasn't posted in this thread yet. The Bills need to stop fronting and just take their fourth/fifth rounder.

TexanFan881
04-03-2006, 06:19 PM
I was just wondering, has there been any progress for the past 3 or 4 days?

The only things that have happened are that we brought in Moulds today to take his physical and so on like it says in the article but all weekend we didn't make any progress. We are probably talking with the Bills right now.

Ibar_Harry
04-03-2006, 06:19 PM
Conceivably Moulds is as important or more important than the 1st pick of the draft. Oh my, some of you are going to say. Yes, that's why I have been anxious and worried about what has been taking place. He, not bush, will free up AJ to the greatest extent. We are so close to having an awesome offense.

If suddenly BJ comes along that would be icing on the cake. Perhaps Wand suddenly becoming a force on the line without having to draft someone else would be another blessing. There are a number of possibilites, but I would say except for the 1st pick, the rest of the picks will probably favor the defensive side of the ball.

TexanFan881
04-03-2006, 06:43 PM
Update from kffl

Texans | Moulds visits
Mon, 3 Apr 2006 17:06:59 -0700

Adam Schefter, of NFL.com, reports Buffalo Bills WR Eric Moulds visited the Houston Texans Monday, April 3, and underwent a physical. The Texans have worked out a contract with Moulds, but still need to work out a trade package with the Bills to complete a deal.

Texans Horror
04-03-2006, 06:50 PM
I just hope that the problems Moulds had in Buffalo remain that: Buffalo problems.

aj.
04-03-2006, 06:54 PM
Update from kffl
Actually that's not an update at all. It's a summary of the same article you just posted a few minutes ago. This is beyond ridiculous. Just wait until the announcement. There are no bits and pieces that will come out before the actual announcement.

As far as kffl - that's what they do. They are an information clearinghouse - one stop shopping which makes it nice to go to one site for a quick update on what's going on around the league - kind of like redzone. But they provide nothing original when it comes to these things and for the most part, just re-post stuff that's already out there with their own headline and summary.

old football fan
04-03-2006, 06:58 PM
I would be willing to give a 4th rounder for Moulds and maybe a 6th round pick. He helps our offense right from the get go. Now lets get some defense.:redtowel: :yahoo:

DHBILLSFAN
04-03-2006, 07:33 PM

Where are you getting this 2 million over???

We are 8 million under the cap with his current contract. If we do keep him, he gets a roster bonus of 2 million, taking us down to 6 million. Still far enough under to keep him with no worries.

Where are you getting your numbers? Are you just trying to somehow twist them to make it look like we have to release him??? I dont get it

DHBILLSFAN
04-03-2006, 07:42 PM
Wrong, Moulds is on our cap number right now. With him, right now, we are 9 million under the cap. If Moulds is released OR traded it will save us (Buffalo) about 5 million dollars, bringing us to a grand total of 14 million under the cap. There is no way Buffalo will release him THIS year, he still has too much value. Other teams were looking until it appeared that the Texans had him locked up ......which in my opinion, they do.

Buffalo will hold on to him, if nothing works out with Houston, and wait to see if there is an injury in the preseason, and then maximize his value. Is this likely? No, there is no question in my mind that Marv wants a pick this year, and doesn't feel like waiting around. So don't worry, he will be a Houston Texan sooner or later.

Local papers have reported today that Houston is offering the 4th (98) overall, but Buffalo wants one of thier 3rds. Marv is reaching at this point, because Emo doesn't want to play here, and has made it very public that he'll never wear a Bills uni again. I believe him, and so should Marv and the rest of the Bills brain-trust. Get the 4th, and walk away.

Yeah, I'm a Bills fan, but I will say that Moulds is a MUCH better player than you think he is. This guy did everything for us, with almost zero help around him. He's gone through so many different Quaterbacks, coaches, and offensive systems. Moulds restructured his contract more than once to help the team, and what did they do for him....nothing. I don't blame him for wanting a fresh start near his home, on a team that has all the makings of a true contender if just a few things get cleaned up. Andre Johnson, D. Davis, Reggie Bush, and Eric Moulds....not a bad core at all.

Good luck with Emo, he'll show that a fourth rounder was a very small price to pay for a guy that comes to play, hard, on every play.

Thank you. For some reason these tools believe we have to cut Moulds or we will be over the cap :homer:'s. I must have posted 2 or 3 times already trying to explain it and they just dont get it or dont want to hear it. :hairpull:

outofhnd
04-03-2006, 07:49 PM
God I hate math.. Who cares about the cap space? These guys have this all worked out. Otherwise they wouldnt be making deals. Leave the money counting to the people that get paid to. Just annouce we got moulds for a pair of 1989 Air jordans.

Ill give up a fourth for one great receiver.

dat_boy_yec
04-03-2006, 07:51 PM
It's not that the Bills have to cut Moulds, but considering the situation if they don't they could have a situation similar to T.O. No I'm not saying that it'll be that drastic, but I don't think it would be worth it to have him in the locker room if they didn't trade him. After they gave him permission to seek a trade and he's already found a team with which to make that transaction real. It is not about the money, any team can make moves to fix their financial situation. It is more about the Bills going through with what they plan. Not trading him now would give him a great reason for becoming a disease in the locker room, and in this case it might be worse than the T.O. situation because the Bills will have put themselves in the situation.

All that said I'm sure they will work out a deal, I don't think they will get a third because in our case it is like giving up a second and even in the article posted earlier about Moulds value they specified what part of the round. Hopefully it will be over with soon.

Seņor Stan
04-03-2006, 08:16 PM
Thank you. For some reason these tools believe we have to cut Moulds or we will be over the cap :homer:'s. I must have posted 2 or 3 times already trying to explain it and they just dont get it or dont want to hear it. :hairpull:

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9326894

"I still think he has playing ability," Levy said. "But I don't think we can fill all of our other needs with the type of salary cap hit we have to take with him."

No, you don't HAVE to cut him. But, why would you forsake all the rest of your team's needs to try to stick it to Moulds?

TexanFan881
04-03-2006, 08:35 PM
The Bills don't need him and Eric doesn't want to be there. Why in the world would the Bills make him stay another season when with the pick we give them they can just draft themselves a young reciever to replace him eventually.

Bubbajwp
04-03-2006, 08:37 PM
I dont think you can get a WR as talented as Moulds with a fourth or fifth round pick.

Bubbajwp
04-03-2006, 08:38 PM
I think this thread could use another post.:)

TEXANRED
04-03-2006, 08:43 PM
I think this thread could use another post.:)
how is this?

mexican_texan
04-03-2006, 08:43 PM
]']Let them eat his Cap hit! Sinorice Moss 2nd pick. Its not like we have no other options anyways.
I hope Sinorice wears 83 for the Jets. I still wear my Santana Moss jersey. Most people thought Randy Moss played for the Jets.

TexanFan881
04-03-2006, 08:46 PM
I dont think you can get a WR as talented as Moulds with a fourth or fifth round pick.

I know if anything I'm really high on Eric Moulds :)

But the Bills don't want Eric and Eric doens't want the Bills so they'd be better off trying to replace him with a WR in the draft if they feel they need a WR. I'm not saying that they have to use our pick on a WR, they could use it to fill any of their other big needs, but they could use a second round pick on someone like Maurice Stovall or Jason Avant (or even a third if they fall that far). But that's only if they want to draft a WR. I honestly think they have enough young, upcoming, huge upside WRs, and I am really high on Roscoe Parrish (Miami players tend to be great NFL players) and I think he will pass up Reed as being the 2nd WR on the team by opening day if not by the end of the year. Basically, to sum this all up, they can draft a WR if they really feel like they need one, but I think they're fine.

dat_boy_yec
04-03-2006, 09:02 PM
They just did a segment on fox about Moulds. Did anyone else see it. He sounded pretty optimistic. His agent and him were both talking about trying to get things done as soon as possible and my favorite part. Moulds spoke about the qualities he wants to bring to the team and wanting to get to work asap.

dat_boy_yec
04-03-2006, 09:03 PM
Man, I hope this gets done asap, I'm so high on this right now.

Ibar_Harry
04-03-2006, 09:05 PM
They just did a segment on fox about Moulds. Did anyone else see it. He sounded pretty optimistic. His agent and him were both talking about trying to get things done as soon as possible and my favorite part. Moulds spoke about the qualities he wants to bring to the team and wanting to get to work asap.

I would love to see Carr and Moulds working out a lot. Might encourage AJ to do the same thing. You get your QB and WR's on the same page, particularly two receivers like AJ and Moulds, and it will be fun to watch and a nightmare for the other team.......................

Mailman04
04-03-2006, 09:07 PM
Thanks, that is great news. The Texans can use him to help with the offense and now they can draft best player available and probably get some defensive help as well as an OLM or two.

Bubbajwp
04-03-2006, 09:10 PM
There is already a thread.
http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showthread.php?t=20305&page=84

Bearfan Blue and Orange
04-03-2006, 09:11 PM
I would be willing to give a 4th rounder for Moulds and maybe a 6th round pick. He helps our offense right from the get go. Now lets get some defense.:redtowel: :yahoo:

WHY???

If you give them a 4th you are already giving them what most teams would look at as the late 3rd as it would be the 1st pick of the second day...

and you want to give them a 6th??? What team are you on?

Carr Bombed
04-03-2006, 09:13 PM
I've heard "dotting the I's and crossing the T's conversation before, link please.
I don't mean to sound negative, but after about 90 pages in the "other" thread, I would like official conformation

Bubbajwp
04-03-2006, 09:14 PM
But it does not specify the exact numbers he's gettin' therefore I'm givin' u the latest just as a fellow Texan.....problem?!:brickwall
I think the numbers were already posted somewhere in the thread.

Bearfan Blue and Orange
04-03-2006, 09:16 PM
This is no different than what we have gone through the last week. So what if he came here and did a physical and met the coaching staff. Rookies do that before the draft also.

If it was that close to a "done deal" why did Moulds fly back to Buffalo then. They are not as close as you think. If they were going to finalize it in a day, he would have stayed and been announced.

I have a upset stomach feeling about this.

:texans: :penalty: :listening :thud:

D-ReK
04-03-2006, 09:20 PM
Mark Berman reports that the Texans has signed WR Eric Moulds for a 4 yr 14 mill dollar deal. The Texans have to reach a draft deal with the Bills, on which pick we give them for him though. He said they just need to dot the i's and cross the t's but its official we got 'em.:redtowel:

It's like I've found some sort of wormhole...Is it last Thursday again?

04-03-2006, 09:21 PM
It's appreciated, but the 4-year, 14 million dollar deal has been posted on the other thread numerous times if im not mistaken. We're all just dying to find out what round pick we're giving the Bills... the confirmation.

mexican_texan
merge the threads to increase the record number of posts.

Can't blame the guy, there are 90 pages.

HJam72
Do we need to sweeten the pot somehow? Maybe they'd be less upset about losing Moulds if we gave them AJ. :tomato: :tomato: :tomato:

D-ReK
04-03-2006, 09:24 PM
He's OFFICIALLY A TEXAN.

He's not officially a Texan until the trade with Buffalo is consumated...

mexican_texan
04-03-2006, 09:24 PM
Do we need to sweeten the pot somehow? Maybe they'd be less upset about losing Moulds if we gave them AJ. :tomato: :tomato: :tomato:
Throw in TKO Spikes, Lee Evans, and the Bills' first round picks for the next few hundred years and I'll do it.

Bearfan Blue and Orange
04-03-2006, 09:34 PM
Where did u get that from "Moulds flew back to Buffalo"?! Now thats sounds like a stalker or somethin', for real, where'd u here that from? Hell he could be gettin' his family together or sayin' farewell to his team mates as far as I know which I don't but thats besides the point. He's OFFICIALLY A TEXAN.

It was on an earlier post that had the posting from the FOX or whatever it was.

Now show me where it stated he is "OFFICIALLY A TEXAN"????

:ok:

RB5
04-03-2006, 09:49 PM
Channel 13 just said what we already knew. He got his physical and they're still trying to complete the trade which, they said, should still be for a 4th or 5th round pick. Hurry up and get this done!!

el toro
04-03-2006, 09:49 PM
Well, at least now we can get past the notion that Moulds is going to blow the deal up in order to become an Eagle. Old news, but needed news for this group of nervous nellies.

TexansLucky13
04-03-2006, 09:52 PM
From what Ive seen, the best trade would be for us to give them our 5th round, and switch our 4th pick with theirs. This means we give up one pick and another one gets pushed back. Its almost like just giving up a 4th round pick.

bdiddy
04-03-2006, 10:40 PM
Nothing new, but see

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5470668

DRAMA
04-03-2006, 11:09 PM
It's like I've found some sort of wormhole...Is it last Thursday again?

A wormhole? Don't be so dramatic...

...it's a simple tear in the fabric of space/time. No biggy! :redtowel:

The Dude Abides
04-03-2006, 11:40 PM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/3768911.html

Talks continued Monday between the Texans and Buffalo Bills over wide receiver Eric Moulds, who is in town to meet with Texans officials and take a physical.
Last week, Moulds, 32, agreed to a $14 million four-year contract with the Texans, which included a $5 million signing bonus. But because Moulds is under contract for two more years with the Bills, the Texans must give compensation to the Bills to make the trade complete.
Negotiations between Texans general manager Charley Casserly and Bills general manager Marv Levy continued Monday. The Bills are asking for a fourth-round pick in the April draft; the Texans are offering a fifth-round pick.
If the Bills don't accept the Texans' offer, they risk losing Moulds for nothing. They have failed in their attempts to restructure Moulds' contract, and they have made it clear to Moulds that they will not pay the base salary of $7.1 million that he's due next season.
If the Bills cut Moulds, they receive no compensation.
Moulds, 6-2 and 210 pounds, spent the past 10 seasons in Buffalo. The three-time Pro Bowler has accumulated more than 1,000 receiving yards in four seasons, most recently in 2004. If he joins the Texans, he will start opposite Andre Johnson.
Also Monday, the Texans denied they are pursuing a deal to land receiver Jerome Pathon. But the team is showing interest in linebacker Wali Rainer.
The eight-year veteran spent the past three seasons with the Detroit Lions.
Rainer 6-2 and 240, also has played with the Cleveland Browns and Jacksonville Jaguars.

jacquescas
04-03-2006, 11:57 PM
seriously having 2 recievers at 6'2 or larger is going to create enourmous matchup problems.

dalemurphy
04-04-2006, 12:22 AM
seriously having 2 recievers at 6'2 or larger is going to create enourmous matchup problems.

Walters makes 3... And, frankly, Putzier makes a 4th. Putzier will demand attention from a safety, which isn't something that has ever been true about a Texan TE. Miller had good hands but he wasn't athletic enough to beat most LBs. Putzier can hit those seam routes and cause the safeties to make a play on him... Which, when AJ, Moulds, Mathis, and Bush are lurking around on the field as well, will make for a lot of fun!

Texans34Life
04-04-2006, 12:31 AM
The updates from KFFL:

First w/ the Texans -

Texans | Team could land Moulds by Tuesday
Mon, 3 Apr 2006 21:59:33 -0700

FOXSports.com reports the Houston Texans could land Buffalo Bills WR Eric Moulds by Tuesday, April 4. Mark Berman, of KRIV-TV, says Moulds arrived in Houston Monday, April 3, in anticipation of the Bills trading him to the Texans. Berman expects a deal to happen during the next 24 hours. Moulds is more than willing to join the Texans, saying, "It would be great. It's extremely important for all the guys to be here for the off-season conditioning (program). I would like to get with the team, get to know the new players if things go well. Hopefully we can get it done. Hopefully I can get started and just play football, what I have been doing the last 10 years."

-----------------------------

Then I found this, which is weird how they all of sudden show up in the Moulds sweepstakes....

49ers | Team showed interest in Moulds
Mon, 3 Apr 2006 22:17:22 -0700

FOXSports.com reports the San Francisco 49ers showed interest in Buffalo Bills WR Eric Moulds, according to Moulds' personal adviser Greg Johnson.

ensign_lee
04-04-2006, 12:34 AM
The updates from KFFL:

First w/ the Texans -

FOXSports.com reports the Houston Texans could land Buffalo Bills WR Eric Moulds by Tuesday, April 4. Mark Berman, of KRIV-TV, says Moulds arrived in Houston Monday, April 3, in anticipation of the Bills trading him to the Texans. Berman expects a deal to happen during the next 24 hours. Moulds is more than willing to join the Texans, saying, "It would be great. It's extremely important for all the guys to be here for the off-season conditioning (program). I would like to get with the team, get to know the new players if things go well. Hopefully we can get it done. Hopefully I can get started and just play football, what I have been doing the last 10 years."

-----------------------------

Then I found this, which is weird how they all of sudden show up in the Moulds sweepstakes....

FOXSports.com reports the San Francisco 49ers showed interest in Buffalo Bills WR Eric Moulds, according to Moulds' personal adviser Greg Johnson.

awww....nuts....:challenge

jacquescas
04-04-2006, 12:48 AM
just when you thought it was safe to go in the water.

Goatcheese
04-04-2006, 12:48 AM
The updates from KFFL:

I wouldn't worry about this. Johnson has said the Pats, Eagles and umpteen other teams are interested in Moulds, but none have done anything about it. Besides if Moulds didn't like the QB situation in Buffalo he's not going to go compete for Alex Smith's 1 TD per season.

GhostRaider2006
04-04-2006, 01:35 AM
The updates from KFFL:

First w/ the Texans -

Being this is in the past tense I would suspect that they were one of the supposed many teams that were in the hunt last week that dropped out.

GhostRaider2006
04-04-2006, 01:45 AM
The updates from KFFL:

Here is the article from which this kffl.com blurb was based on:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5470668

rmartin65
04-04-2006, 06:09 AM
Hold on, So we dont have him yet?

Malloy
04-04-2006, 06:13 AM
Man I really just want this deal over and done with. I can't stand the suspension. Sign the bastard or don't!!! :)

Texans34Life
04-04-2006, 06:56 AM
Didn't see this Chron article in the thread. It seems like if we don't give our 4th round pick to the Bills, the Bills will cut Moulds or someone else will grab him up.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/3768911.html

Trade for Moulds hits minor hitch
Bills haggling with Texans over compensation

By MEGAN MANFULL
Copyright 2006 Houston Chronicle

Talks continued Monday between the Texans and Buffalo Bills over wide receiver Eric Moulds, who is in town to meet with Texans officials and take a physical.

Last week, Moulds, 32, agreed to a $14 million four-year contract with the Texans, which included a $5 million signing bonus. But because Moulds is under contract for two more years with the Bills, the Texans must give compensation to the Bills to make the trade complete.

Negotiations between Texans general manager Charley Casserly and Bills general manager Marv Levy continued Monday. The Bills are asking for a fourth-round pick in the April draft; the Texans are offering a fifth-round pick.

If the Bills don't accept the Texans' offer, they risk losing Moulds for nothing. They have failed in their attempts to restructure Moulds' contract, and they have made it clear to Moulds that they will not pay the base salary of $7.1 million that he's due next season.

If the Bills cut Moulds, they receive no compensation.

Moulds, 6-2 and 210 pounds, spent the past 10 seasons in Buffalo. The three-time Pro Bowler has accumulated more than 1,000 receiving yards in four seasons, most recently in 2004. If he joins the Texans, he will start opposite Andre Johnson.

Also Monday, the Texans denied they are pursuing a deal to land receiver Jerome Pathon. But the team is showing interest in linebacker Wali Rainer.

The eight-year veteran spent the past three seasons with the Detroit Lions.

Rainer 6-2 and 240, also has played with the Cleveland Browns and Jacksonville Jaguars.

The Preacher
04-04-2006, 07:32 AM
I really hope we don't cave on this one. I really can't see the Bills nicking the 5th for nothing in return. If someone wanted to offer a higher pick they would have done so by now. If they realize Moulds isn't the burner he once was this will happen sooner rather than later. Not that he can't play at a high level a few more years but the first pick of the second day is a valuable one. If we can get guys like DD and Mathis why risk losing a pick that is usually CC's strong suit. :rolleyes: I am sure there will also be some talented interior linemen and a sleeper receiver or two available that we could develop into guys who could play for the next decade.

dalemurphy
04-04-2006, 07:36 AM
I really hope we don't cave on this one. I really can't see the Bills nicking the 5th for nothing in return. If someone wanted to offer a higher pick they would have done so by now. If they realize Moulds isn't the burner he once was this will happen sooner rather than later. Not that he can't play at a high level a few more years but the first pick of the second day is a valuable one. If we can get guys like DD and Mathis why risk losing a pick that is usually CC's strong suit. :rolleyes: I am sure there will also be some talented interior linemen and a sleeper receiver or two available that we could develop into guys who could play for the next decade.

keeping a hard line on Moulds would be a refreshing change to the panicking with the buchanan deal last year or the Babin deal two years ago. Just when I start warming up to Casserly, he's going to leave us. Hopefully, Kubiak will have a lot of say in who will replace him.

Sportsfan
04-04-2006, 07:39 AM
Man I really just want this deal over and done with. I can't stand the suspension. Sign the bastard or don't!!! :)

Word.

TexanSam
04-04-2006, 08:01 AM
Geez, if we can't get him for the 5th round pick then trade the 4th rounder for him. Yes, it's the first pick of the 2nd day, but you aren't going to be able to get a player of his quality with that pick.

nunusguy
04-04-2006, 08:20 AM
keeping a hard line on Moulds would be a refreshing change to the panicking with the buchanan deal last year or the Babin deal two years ago.
Well said Dale. If Moulds were 5 years younger maybe, but this guy is gonna be 33 before the regular season starts for 2006 so he's gonna give us a year or 2 probably. Anything beyond that is IMO unexpected.
And look at some of the talent we've got with our 4th round picks so far - D. Davis and Mathis.

The Preacher
04-04-2006, 08:20 AM
[QUOTE=dalemurphy]keeping a hard line on Moulds would be a refreshing change to the panicking with the buchanan deal last year or the Babin deal two years ago. Just when I start warming up to Casserly, he's going to leave us. Hopefully, Kubiak will have a lot of say in who will replace him.[/QUOTE

From the looks of things it looks like Kubiak is bringing in whomever he feels fits his system. Clearly he is calling the shots and I'm sure if a new GM comes in then his basic job will be negotiating and writing up contracts and possibly one who scouts defensive players well. I don't know much about all the administrative stuff but most likely they can find a good checks and balances kind of guy in which no power struggle will occur. Obviously Kubiak is more confident in what he can do with an offense so the D is a big question mark right now. First things first fix the O and hopefully find somebody if they haven't already to build a championship defense.

Unfortunately for CC his rise and fall in the football world has depended a lot on the coaches he had in place (and Bobby Beathard). Naturally he's starting to look like a genius as the moves so far this offseason look impressive. I guess we have to wait and see how it plays out but if Kubiak does well CC will get some credit for that. He certainly has learned a lot in the last few years so it may be a big loss at this point despite all the questionable moves. And oh yeah, holding firm to the 5th could be CC's last stand. Hang in there!:fight:

Bearfan Blue and Orange
04-04-2006, 08:22 AM
Geez, if we can't get him for the 5th round pick then trade the 4th rounder for him. Yes, it's the first pick of the 2nd day, but you aren't going to be able to get a player of his quality with that pick.

At WR no, but at another position necessary to continue building? You can draft a starter to fill a needed role on Defense with that 4th pick.

He probably is worth giving a Midround or later 4th round pick. Not the Top pick of the 4th round. that is where many teams get their playmakers between the 3-5 rounders that can make an impact right away.

Are we going to get a WR of his calibur with the 4th round.... Let's see if there is any WR out there in the 3rd round that is nearing the end of his career, an 11 year vet, a top 20 WR in the NFL... Probably not as they DO NOT EXIST until they play the game.

I say they should stick to their guns with the first pick of the 5th round. Hell we are nto only giving them that but basically giving them money to sign their 1st round draft pick as well with the cap relief we are giving them.

Runner
04-04-2006, 08:23 AM

Posters have spent at least the past season complaining about overpaying for players or draft picks. This is the flip side - you may not get the player you want over a "minor" issue like the difference between a third and fourth pick.

Bearfan Blue and Orange
04-04-2006, 08:24 AM
Posters have spent at least the past season complaining about overpaying for players or draft picks. This is the flip side - you may not get the player you want over a "minor" issue like the difference between a third and fourth pick.

In this case there is a HUGE difference between a 3rd and 4th pick

jacquescas
04-04-2006, 08:25 AM
i think its the difference between a 4th and a 5th to be technically correct

Bearfan Blue and Orange
04-04-2006, 08:59 AM
i think its the difference between a 4th and a 5th to be technically correct

I know, but I had to make a point to his point.

Let's just give them Bush and they give us Moulds and the rest of their picks this year. it ahs been done before... Remember Ricky Williams.

powerfuldragon
04-04-2006, 09:03 AM
i'd rather have reggie bush than moulds.

Mailman04
04-04-2006, 09:11 AM
I hope in the end they give them the fourth instead of not getting MOulds if that is what it takes. If I am Buffalo, I would rather have a fifth than nothing though

IroquoisJoe
04-04-2006, 09:13 AM
i'd rather have reggie bush than moulds.
I'd rather have a T Owens that had the Character Qualities of Moulds.

I'd rather have pie and ice cream instead of TO the way he is, plus Reggie Bush.

el toro
04-04-2006, 09:16 AM
[QUOTE=dalemurphy]keeping a hard line on Moulds would be a refreshing change to the panicking with the buchanan deal last year or the Babin deal two years ago. Just when I start warming up to Casserly, he's going to leave us. Hopefully, Kubiak will have a lot of say in who will replace him.[/QUOTE

From the looks of things it looks like Kubiak is bringing in whomever he feels fits his system. Clearly he is calling the shots and I'm sure if a new GM comes in then his basic job will be negotiating and writing up contracts and possibly one who scouts defensive players well. I don't know much about all the administrative stuff but most likely they can find a good checks and balances kind of guy in which no power struggle will occur. Obviously Kubiak is more confident in what he can do with an offense so the D is a big question mark right now. First things first fix the O and hopefully find somebody if they haven't already to build a championship defense.

Unfortunately for CC his rise and fall in the football world has depended a lot on the coaches he had in place (and Bobby Beathard). Naturally he's starting to look like a genius as the moves so far this offseason look impressive. I guess we have to wait and see how it plays out but if Kubiak does well CC will get some credit for that. He certainly has learned a lot in the last few years so it may be a big loss at this point despite all the questionable moves. And oh yeah, holding firm to the 5th could be CC's last stand. Hang in there!:fight:

Well, getting the players a coach wants isn't necessarily easy. Sure, the GM in this role is not the grandmaster with the great football vision but he is by no means taking on an easy task.

el toro
04-04-2006, 09:17 AM
Would prefer to give up the 5th rounder, but getting a starting #2 for the 4th rounder wouldn't be that bad.

Errant Hothy
04-04-2006, 09:18 AM
I hope they can get away with the a 5th, the 1st pick in the fourth round carries a little extra vaule.

The fourth pick, is also the first pick of hte second day; and say there is a guy somebody is jonesing for, after the spent the night between day 1 and 2 re-evaulating players. We could then trade down form teh 1st pick in the fourth, and pick up some extra day 2 picks.

Is anybody we draft on Day 2 going to be effective as Moulds, hell no. Is it maybe a reason why Cass isn't so quick to give up the fourth...maybe.

jacquescas
04-04-2006, 09:34 AM
also there is no other team in the bidding. from the bills perspective they dont take the 5th they get nothing.

el toro
04-04-2006, 09:38 AM
also there is no other team in the bidding. from the bills perspective they dont take the 5th they get nothing.

Right, and if they cut Moulds they still have to pay him some $, I believe.

DRAMA
04-04-2006, 09:48 AM
If you can give a team a 4th and GUARANTEE that you get a WR that avg's 75/1000+ to start for you for the next 3 years?

Guess what? You do it! You don't gamble that. We need a starting #2 and now we have a chance to get one for a 4th? Give it to them. You may get a WR that one day will be better than Moulds but most likely will not be for the next few years.

Guarantee yourself a starting #2 WR - give up the 4th! When the season starts, we'll enjoy watching Moulds play so much, we will not care about some project player that we could've drafted that's now on the Bills developmental Squad.

We're just posturing - it's poker. If they call our bluff, we'll give them the 4th.

mootini
04-04-2006, 09:49 AM
Does anyone know when this officially will happen or do you think this deal will go through? I think Molds would really help your team and would be worth a 4 round pick.

Runner
04-04-2006, 09:50 AM
In this case there is a HUGE difference between a 3rd and 4th pick

Agreed - that's why I put it in quotes. I'm just pointing out that the FO is damned if they do, damned if they don't overpay.

Oops - should have been 4th and 5th as has been pointed out.

Cjeremy635
04-04-2006, 10:11 AM
Personally I am suprised we are holding out as long as we have without caving in to their demands. Didn't we give up a 2nd round pick last year for PBuc? (That might have already been posted, but I didn't feel like looking through 200 pages of posts on this topic!) I see them trying to hold out as long as they can and then taking the fifth round pick...as eveyone has stated before, they have to take it or nothing unless someone comes out of the blue and picks him up for what we won't give them.

TEXANS84
04-04-2006, 10:20 AM
Does anyone know when this officially will happen or do you think this deal will go through? I think Molds would really help your team and would be worth a 4 round pick.

It will happen, it's just in negotiations between Buffalo and Houston.

The Preacher
04-04-2006, 10:37 AM
Personally I am suprised we are holding out as long as we have without caving in to their demands. Didn't we give up a 2nd round pick last year for PBuc? (That might have already been posted, but I didn't feel like looking through 200 pages of posts on this topic!) I see them trying to hold out as long as they can and then taking the fifth round pick...as eveyone has stated before, they have to take it or nothing unless someone comes out of the blue and picks him up for what we won't give them.

It would be great to watch Moulds along with the silly talent we're already in the process of gathering. The thing is we are likely a couple of years away from having a championship run. At that point Moulds will be closer to forty than thirty. Is it worth losing what possibly could be a major role player in the future for a guy who at best will be a very short term solution in which our chances of going deep into the playoffs are fairly slim? I personally wouldn't be terribly upset if this fell through and I surely wouldn't budge from our current position. Moulds may be a physical wonder who plays until he is forty but even Jerry Rice's production went way down after age 36 or so. I'm sure I sound like a prude but I am just trying to look at the more distant future. Boring but I would rather risk it on a developmental player if that is what it comes down to. The Colts and Hawks couldn't even get a late second for their stud RB's last year and the Bills think their WR who is five years older is worth a pick about 35 picks lower. I don't think so.

Johnny Utah
04-04-2006, 10:38 AM
The Texans can't give up a 4th rounder because that's Casserly's best round besides the 1st round.

2005 - Jerome Mathis
2004 - Glenn Earl
2003 - Domanick Davis
2002 - Jonathen Wells

If they can't get Buffalo to take our 5th maybe the Texans should look at giving them our 3rd. Anything but our 4th round picks.

Texizgreat
04-04-2006, 10:40 AM
shoot just give the the 5th and both 7ths .... jus t get it done

the wonger need food
04-04-2006, 10:58 AM
I can't believe that people are questioning this move. He is the first guaranteed (for the most part) Hall of Famer to consider playing for this organization. If he plays another 5-7 years here and gets some playoff wins he could possibly go in as a Texan.

Iroquois Joe
04-04-2006, 11:04 AM
I can't believe that people are questioning this move. He is the first guaranteed (for the most part) Hall of Famer to consider playing for this organization. If he plays another 5-7 years here and gets some playoff wins he could possibly go in as a Texan.

Hall of Famer is a bit of a reach at this point. If he had consistancy behind centre in Buffalo his years there, he'd be a likely candidate.
If he has 4 good years and the Texans go deep into the playoffs or even to the SB with him being a factor, he'll be on the list, but he's not a shoe-in now.

Seņor Stan
04-04-2006, 11:07 AM
shoot just give the the 5th and both 7ths .... jus t get it done

We gave up a seventh for Walters. The other 7th is a compesatory pick and can't be traded.

the wonger need food
04-04-2006, 11:10 AM
Hall of Famer is a bit of a reach at this point. If he had consistancy behind centre in Buffalo his years there, he'd be a likely candidate.
If he has 4 good years and the Texans go deep into the playoffs or even to the SB with him being a factor, he'll be on the list, but he's not a shoe-in now.

True, he's not a shoe-in, but if he has 3-5 more very productive years he will be in the top 10 in just about every receiving category. It is a lot harder to get into the football HOF compared to other sports. I'm amazed that receivers like Cris Carter, Irving Fryar and Art Monk haven't made it, looking at their numbers.

Iroquois Joe
04-04-2006, 11:14 AM
Trade 3rds, in that round I think the Bills have the 11th and the texans the 3rd pick. Then give the 5th. It's a better deal for you than the 4th and the Bills save face and walk away happy.
I should be on the negotiating team, why did'nt anyone call me?!?!?

Bearfan Blue and Orange
04-04-2006, 11:51 AM

Let's not forget, this is his last contract (major one anyway) he can strike payday on. We will be lucky if he plays more than 2 years here. The $5 million signing bonus is what is attracting him here to Houston. Don't get me wrong, he is deserving of it for what he can bring here.

The problem is not with Moulds, the problem is with Levy thinking he is in a position to get the moon. he should jsut settle for the clouds and take the Highest 5th pick he will ever receive from any team.

The part I am a bit scared about is if they happen to squash the deal because of Levy in Buffalo and they do release him because they cannot take him any longer. Texans will not be in a position for a bidding war to get him. there will be too many other teams that have mega cap space still and will still have more waiting for that June 1st cut date.

GIT R DUN!!!

HJam72
04-04-2006, 11:53 AM
Why the heck isn't this deal done yet? :brickwall

HJam72
04-04-2006, 12:01 PM
If we're still refusing to give up that #4 pick, we need to just do it. It's not just like having a #3. It's just like having the first pick in the fourth round is what it is. He's worth more than that. I'm afraid we're going to blow this deal by being cheap.

vtech9
04-04-2006, 12:15 PM
If we're still refusing to give up that #4 pick, we need to just do it. It's not just like having a #3. It's just like having the first pick in the fourth round is what it is. He's worth more than that. I'm afraid we're going to blow this deal by being cheap.
We will agree to disagree on this point. The 1st pick of the 2nd day is a very valuable pick. There will most likely be quite a few teams that are willing to trade up to this spot to get the guy that slipped through the 1st day. Don't get me wrong, I like Moulds, but I think that 1st pick in the 4th round, is too valuable to give up at this point.

TexanFan881
04-04-2006, 12:16 PM

I agree with you on that but the Bills are either going to have a 5th round draft pick or no draft pick.

David's Busted Carr
04-04-2006, 12:17 PM

I disagree. Hold out and make the Bills sweat it a little bit. They will cave and accept the 5th round pick. There is no chance he returns to the Bills and no other team has shown the interest we have. So if they don't take it they will lose him for nothing.

And the first pick of the 4th round is a NICE pick. You get to go home and evaluate day one and everyone left. Many times you find someone who has slipped down that is a STEAL.

Don't forget DD was a 4th round pick...

HJam72
04-04-2006, 12:20 PM
We will agree to disagree on this point. The 1st pick of the 2nd day is a very valuable pick. There will most likely be quite a few teams that are willing to trade up to this spot to get the guy that slipped through the 1st day. Don't get me wrong, I like Moulds, but I think that 1st pick in the 4th round, is too valuable to give up at this point.

Will not. We will disagree to agree to disagree on this point. :)

No, the truth is I've never really followed drafts at all, so I don't know much. I'm just frustrated because I heard way back on Thursday (when people exptected it to happen any minute) that this would be done sometime Monday. I still think he's worth more than that, but what do I know. :idonno:

NRowl
04-04-2006, 12:26 PM
We need to stand our ground with the 5th. In these types of trades, the actual player is the one driving the deal. If we only offer a 5th and Moulds does not work a deal with another team, the Bills will either have to take our offer or cut the player inwhich the get nothing and still have to pay Moulds any signing bonus still owed. No other team will offer the Bills anything close to our offer if they can not rework his deal.

jacquescas
04-04-2006, 12:35 PM
i also think Moulds sounds like a professional, he wants to get in and start working with a team. If he is released i doubt he wants to go through a lengthy free agency. I figure he just signs the contract and goes forward.

infantrycak
04-04-2006, 12:36 PM
LWe will be lucky if he plays more than 2 years here.

IMO there is every chance he could play out a 4 year contract. WR's who stay in shape are playing later and later. Joey Galloway at 35 had almost 1300 yds last year. Donald Driver 31, Marvin Harrison 33, Terry Glenn 32, Rod Smith 36, Eddie Kennison 33, Derrick Mason 32, and Jimmy Smith 37 were all top 20 WR's last year--that's 8 out of the top 18 over 30 years old.

Mr. White
04-04-2006, 12:39 PM
If Warren Moon was worth a 3rd rounder, then it stands to reason that Eric Moulds would be worth a 5th rounder.

NeViKaN
04-04-2006, 12:46 PM
First aren't they one of the "poor" teams that we have to pay welfare money to? They should give us a BREAK!!!

At least compromise. Switch fourths and trade the 5th.

Don't mess things up by injecting logic into it.

TexanBacker93
04-04-2006, 12:56 PM
It's funny reading the Moulds saga on the Bills pages. They believe that they are in the driver's seat and if we don't offer a 3rd that they'll just keep him. On our end of the world it's an argument between the 4th and the 5th. In their end of the world it's between the 3rd and the 4th. There is no way the Texans give up a 3rd. I'm happy they are standing pat with the 5th. The Bills are against the wall. Moulds doesn't want to stay. He's been asked to divert salary/take a pay cut for 3 straight years (I think) and the team really hasn't done much to improve itself. This year he refused. The Bills don't want to pay him the $10 million this year so what purpose would it serve them to keep him? I don't see him in their plans with Reed, Parrish, and Evans. If any other team was going to give a 4th round pick they would have swooped in already. This type of trade is what separates the adults from the children. The Bills stole a 3rd from the Tacks for Travis Henry. Let's hope they don't rob us of a 4th.

Iroquois Joe
04-04-2006, 01:05 PM
]']Hahah and I would be Charley Casserly, LMAO while beating you with a lead pipe!

All in Good fun Iraqious!!! :redtowel: :redtowel:
Lead pipe?
How about dueling it it out with apples on whippy sticks!

I just read about Moulds becomming a free agent and signing him then from one poster.

With no need to give up a valuable pick, maybe the Eagles or some other contender will decide to bid for his services, y'all could be out of the running.

But then, he may have signed an agreement, but I suppose that is contingent on whether or not Marv Levy and company agree.

The Preacher
04-04-2006, 01:06 PM
If any other team was going to give a 4th round pick they would have swooped in already. This type of trade is what separates the adults from the children. The Bills stole a 3rd from the Tacks for Travis Henry. Let's hope they don't rob us of a 4th.

Yeah they're being greedy considering they already have an extra 3rd. Must have gone to their head or something because they won't take a 5th over squadush. Just because Floyd Reese got duped doesn't mean we should give up a relatively high pick when no one else in the league is even willing to come close to our offer.

TexanBacker93
04-04-2006, 01:09 PM
Ultimately, it's going to come down to who is willing to make a sacrifice. I think Levy looks worse if he releases Moulds and gets nothing for him than Casserly does for holding his position. Yeah, the Texans might not be able to get him if he's a free agent, but I'd rather have that 4th round pick right now.

TexanBacker93
04-04-2006, 01:10 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2396697

dhaNim
04-04-2006, 01:11 PM
On ESPNEWS Hotlist, their headlines just had 'Moulds traded to Texans'
I havent found it anywhere else yet, and the report has not come on yet to know what we gave buffalo. i will post it when i see it.

i didnt want to add this to the other moulds post because more people would probably see it as a new thread.

TexanBacker93
04-04-2006, 01:12 PM
On ESPNEWS Hotlist, their headlines just had 'Moulds traded to Texans'
I havent found it anywhere else yet, and the report has not come on yet to know what we gave buffalo. i will post it when i see it.

i didnt want to add this to the other moulds post because more people would probably see it as a new thread.

Unfortunately, we still don't know if it's the 4th or 5th.

This is the ESPN article..

Sportsfan
Mods, move this here--- > http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showthread.php?t=20305

ThaShark316
Damn you TB, I was about to post it.

:redtowel: :cool: :superman:

LETS GO TEXANS! *clap clap clap clap clap*

RedTex
04-04-2006, 01:13 PM
Finally!!!!!!

Caphorn
04-04-2006, 01:13 PM
nm. I'm still betting we gave up the 4th rounder.

HJam72
04-04-2006, 01:16 PM
I knew it was about time. :)

Grid
04-04-2006, 01:17 PM
"I knew Andre Johnson and always wanted to play with him," Moulds said Tuesday. "He's an up and coming receiver, and I felt like the team is on a rise. This is a chance to start new, and an opportunity to play close to home where I grew up."

Sounds like he will be willing to take AJ under his wing.

I dunno which signing I like better.. Moulds or Flanagan or Weaver. This has been an awesome offseason so far. The draft is gonna be icing on the cake.

Texans34Life
04-04-2006, 01:18 PM
It doesn't matter. We finally got Moulds and our 2nd WR!

Mike Kerns
04-04-2006, 01:18 PM
You guys are fast. Was about to post it, lol:redtowel:

the wonger need food
04-04-2006, 01:19 PM
I'll believe it when I see it... on this page... http://www.houstontexans.com/team/roster.php

horn_omatic
04-04-2006, 01:19 PM
That helps out alot. Now if we can get a #2 corner in the draft, i would be thrilled!:yahoo:

Mike Kerns
04-04-2006, 01:20 PM
"Andre wanted me here, so I made my decision,"

- Eric Moulds :yahoo:

rmartin65
04-04-2006, 01:20 PM
Today rocks! Got Moulds, and I got my driver's license!!

The Preacher
04-04-2006, 01:21 PM
I've officially flip-flopped from my trade down position the power of Reggie brings in players who know we're about to be bustin'. We have to take Reggie to oblige these guys in their twilight.

TexanFan881
04-04-2006, 01:22 PM
Yes!!!! :yahoo:

Mike Kerns
04-04-2006, 01:27 PM
Bills | Moulds traded to Texans
Tue, 4 Apr 2006 12:05:13 -0700

ESPNews reports the Houston Buffalo Bills WR Eric Moulds has been traded to the Houston Texans. Details of the trade are still unknown.

Texans | Team acquires Moulds
Tue, 4 Apr 2006 11:56:50 -0700

ESPNews reports the Houston Texans have traded for Buffalo Bills WR Eric Moulds. Details of the trade are still unknown.

Per KFFL.com:yahoo:

throwANDREtheBALL
04-04-2006, 01:28 PM
Best move of the off-season!

Flanagan at Center is a close 2nd.

why didn't they fill those two glaring holes years ago ?

Its nice to see them finally going after guys that will upgrade us, and right away.

Welcome to the Texans E-Moulds, I hope you and AJ kick some serious ***** together

HJam72
04-04-2006, 01:31 PM
Best move of the off-season!

Flanagan at Center is a close 2nd.

why didn't they fill those two glaring holes years ago ?

Its nice to see them finally going after guys that will upgrade us, and right away.

Welcome to the Texans E-Moulds, I hope you and AJ kick some serious ***** together

They gave Bradford way too much credit for what he was capable of instead of seeing that he couldn't be counted on too actually do it. McKinney staying at center baffled me. I really don't know what they were thinking.

keyfro
04-04-2006, 01:33 PM
now we're just waiting to hear how much in case of draft compensation it is going to cost us

TexanFan881
04-04-2006, 01:37 PM
now we're just waiting to hear how much in case of draft compensation it is going to cost us

as long as it's not a third (which is very unlikely) I'm happy.

TexanFan881
04-04-2006, 01:43 PM
Texans | Team might have traded fourth- or fifth-round draft choice
Tue, 4 Apr 2006 12:30:45 -0700

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the HT are believed to have given a second day draft choice, either a fourth- or fifth-round pick, to the Buffalo Bills in exchange for WR Eric Moulds.

Bills | Team might have received fourth- or fifth-round draft choice
Tue, 4 Apr 2006 12:30:03 -0700

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the Buffalo Bills are believed to have received a second day draft choice, either a fourth- or fifth-round pick, in exchange for Houston Texans WR Eric Moulds.

That's good to hear :)

Ibar_Harry
04-04-2006, 01:43 PM
This trade for us is comparable to the TO trade for Dallas. They have a guy that will have an impact and matches their mold and now so do we. In some ways I like our deal better. We have spent a lot less and gotten may be just as much if not more. All indications are Mould is a team player and will help us improve people like AJ and others. This also helps given the fact that our WR coach is very young. I've worried about that, but I think the Moulds signing helps us in that regard to.

Again, I can't wait to see the next piece to the puzzle. Our coaches, Casserly and McNair all seem to be on the same page and it really is exciting. I hope Moulds says and does what he says. He stated he wanted to get here and start working out. I would love all of our receivers and Carr throwing as much as they can every day and getting to know each other like the back of their hands. Getting use to each others speeds and quirks. That's what makes the great combinations, not training camp.

texanfan2002114
04-04-2006, 01:46 PM
as long as it's not a third (which is very unlikely) I'm happy.

ESPN says that it is a second day draft pick. either a 4th or 5th round.

The timing was perfect because Moulds was already in Houston. He reached an agreement on a four-year, $14 million contract that includes a $5 million signing. Terms of the trade weren't known but it is believed to a second day draft choice, either a fourth- or a fifth round in 2006.

GREAT JOB CHARLIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:redtowel: :redtowel:

TexanFan881
04-04-2006, 01:48 PM
There's nothing like getting a Pro-Bowler :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Mike Kerns
04-04-2006, 01:48 PM
Never thought I'd say this, but I might be bummed to see Casserly go . . . :confused:

Bullpen Drew
04-04-2006, 01:49 PM
We've got Moulds! We've got Moulds!

el toro
04-04-2006, 01:50 PM
What a difference 3 months makes.

Now start the @!#$ing season.

TexanFan881
04-04-2006, 01:50 PM
Never thought I'd say this, but I might be bummed to see Casserly go . . . :confused:

He's probably doing better because he wants to look good for the NFL commish job :redtowel:

Hardcore Texan
04-04-2006, 01:51 PM
This trade for us is comparable to the TO trade for Dallas. They have a guy that will have an impact and matches their mold and now so do we. In some ways I like our deal better. We have spent a lot less and gotten may be just as much if not more. All indications are Mould is a team player and will help us improve people like AJ and others. This also helps given the fact that our WR coach is very young. I've worried about that, but I think the Moulds signing helps us in that regard to.

Again, I can't wait to see the next piece to the puzzle. Our coaches, Casserly and McNair all seem to be on the same page and it really is exciting. I hope Moulds says and does what he says. He stated he wanted to get here and start working out. I would love all of our receivers and Carr throwing as much as they can every day and getting to know each other like the back of their hands. Getting use to each others speeds and quirks. That's what makes the great combinations, not training camp.

Good post, and I agree especially about the part of working out together with Carr. This is exciting stuff.

I think we are going to get Bush in the draft, I have always wanted to trade down, but I am starting to change my mind ever so slightly. After FA and Bush's pro day, I am really starting to like the idea. And we got the draft STILL, We need one or two more OL and a CB.:yahoo:

Mike Kerns
04-04-2006, 01:55 PM
We need one or two more OL and a CB.

With the Drafl still to happen, I have to like our options:redtowel:

TexanFan881
04-04-2006, 01:55 PM
Let's see how the offense is looking

.........................Davis...........Bush
...................................Carr
....Johnson........ .OFFENSIVE LINE...Putzier..............Moulds

:yahoo:

Tailgate
04-04-2006, 01:56 PM
Nice job Texans!! Now I can relax a bit... didnt want to get a case of the blue balls on this one.

The draft becomes that much easier for us now.

TexanFan881
04-04-2006, 01:59 PM
We need one or two more OL and a CB.

I like the idea of CB at 33 and OL with 65 and 66. Then I think we're set, even though I think it'd be a good idea to bring in a veteran safety(cough...cough...Lance Shulters)

Texas
04-04-2006, 02:01 PM
Well looks like we got that #2 everyone has been talking about

texansfan1974
04-04-2006, 02:02 PM
YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!:redtowel: :trophy: :headbang: :highfive:

Tailgate
04-04-2006, 02:04 PM
I like the idea of CB at 33 and OL with 65 and 66. Then I think we're set, even though I think it'd be a good idea to bring in a veteran safety(cough...cough...Lance Shulters)

I don't know. If Eric Winston falls to us in the 2nd round.... we gotta take him.

TexanFan881
04-04-2006, 02:05 PM
I don't know. If Eric Winston falls to us in the 2nd round.... we gotta take him.

After a great pro day I don't see that happening but if somehow he did I am really high on him and would want to take him.

U4ikrob
04-04-2006, 02:05 PM
YESSSSS to E-Mo in 06!!!! :yahoo:

:redtowel: :superman: :redtowel:

Tailgate
04-04-2006, 02:09 PM
After a great pro day I don't see that happening but if somehow he did I am really high on him and would want to take him.

Probably not. But still see quite a few mock drafts having us take him with the first pick in the 2nd. That happening is what I call the cherry on top of an almost as good of an offseason as you could possibly script. Better days are a comin...

TexansFanatic
04-04-2006, 02:09 PM
YEAH, BABY!!!!

Mike Kerns
04-04-2006, 02:10 PM
Charlie Palillo replied to my email about the trade:

5th rounder.

He also added (Off Topic):

All accounts are Bush was great.

CP

http://www.cjonline.com/photos/galleries/111802_chiefsbills/images/02.jpg

clandestin
04-04-2006, 02:11 PM
sportsradio 610 just said it's a 5th!!! Hope they are right!

chuckm
04-04-2006, 02:12 PM
Charlie Palillo replied to my email about the trade:

this is a bit off subject but has anyone received an email reply EVER from 610 since CP left? I never have .... CP ALWAYS replies ....

el toro
04-04-2006, 02:13 PM
sportsradio 610 just said it's a 5th!!! Hope they are right!

Awesome. Rounds 2 & 3 can be used solely on the Oline and secondary. That 4th rounder also falls in the top 100. Good times.

texanfan2002114
04-04-2006, 02:14 PM
this is a bit off subject but has anyone received an email reply EVER from 610 since CP left? I never have .... CP ALWAYS replies ....

I have had only one reply from Vand. but it was because i questioned something he said and he was trying to correct himself.

RB5
04-04-2006, 02:17 PM
WOW!:hyper:

We'll have so many weapons on offense, especially with Bush. Now we just gotta keep DC upright. :drool:

texasguy346
04-04-2006, 02:17 PM
Great to see the deal finalized, and if it truly is a 5th rounder we sent in exchange then all the better. Can't wait to see what we do in the draft.

MightyTExan
04-04-2006, 02:20 PM
Does Kubiak even sleep? All the moves that have been in the past few weeks are incredible.

the wonger need food
04-04-2006, 02:21 PM
The guys on the Bills message board are stewing...

Jerry
04-04-2006, 02:23 PM
:excited: :woot: :hyper: :thumbup

Seņor Stan
04-04-2006, 02:23 PM

Do you think the "We don't have to trade him" crowd will post again?

chuckm
04-04-2006, 02:24 PM

yep .... they are NOT happy ..... some sour grapes too

texanfan2002114
04-04-2006, 02:25 PM

Do you have a link?

swtbound07
04-04-2006, 02:27 PM
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Dude Abides
04-04-2006, 02:28 PM
Well this just made my week. Makes having three tests all the more bearable.

GhostRaider2006
Do you have a link?

Here you go:

http://boards.buffalobills.com/forums/index.php?showforum=15

Bear
Just said on 610.

Moulds was told by Buf the deal was done for a 5th rounder.

swtbound07
04-04-2006, 02:32 PM
they are dreaming that we are going to swap 2nd rounders too over there...poor bills. Anybody wanna pop in on the eagles thread?

chuckm
04-04-2006, 02:35 PM
they are dreaming that we are going to swap 2nd rounders too over there...poor bills. Anybody wanna pop in on the eagles thread?

I peeked in a while ago ..... they've been resigned to this for a while ... not really news to them ....

The Dude Abides
04-04-2006, 02:37 PM
Poor Texans.

They're gonna have all that talent on offense and no one to protect the QB. That's a shame. http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/style_emoticons/default/nonono.gif

I'm sure he'll have a great time there. Much better situation than Buffalo. http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/style_emoticons/default/ph34r.gif

So much for his ear perking up everytime the eagles are mentioned. It seemed like he had a very best friend on both teams Mcnabb on ours and Andre Carter on the Texans. Good JOB Andy waste our money on something better.
-because we have andre carter, im assuming the poster meant a.j.

Man, that's TWO home-town discounts we've been burned by!

If only Bentley wasn't from Cleveland, and Moulds from Texas....
these guys don't know what their talking about. texas?
It's alright wer got gaffney from them

He was http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/style_emoticons/default/censored.gif with our heads anyway, he was a great topic on here for awhile though http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/style_emoticons/default/whistling.gif

the red and bold statements were mine.

Mike Kerns
04-04-2006, 02:37 PM
Espn News just said more weapons for David Carr.
:drool:

It really isn't fair that football is only on 4 months a year . . .September is SOOOOOOO far away

WillisXPress
04-04-2006, 02:38 PM

poor bills?

Are you serious...?

We mopped the floor with you last year, we'll mop the floor with you this year....

As far as the trade....whatever we got, we got..... better than cutting him, which was the plan...

You paid a draft pick for the righ to negoiate with a pending FA before he hit the market.

The Dude Abides
04-04-2006, 02:40 PM
poor bills?

Are you serious...?

We mopped the floor with you last year, we'll mop the floor with you this year....

As far as the trade....whatever we got, we got..... better than cutting him, which was the plan...

You paid a draft pick for the righ to negoiate with a pending FA before he hit the market.

What have you done to improve your team this offseason? At least we know who are QB is going to be... well maybe.

Ibar_Harry
04-04-2006, 02:40 PM
poor bills?

Are you serious...?

Yep, I guess we are scheduled to play each other this year. That might be a real humm dinger of a game...................

David's Busted Carr
04-04-2006, 02:41 PM
:redtowel:

Hardcore Texan
I was just reading a bit on the Bills board from the provided link a couple of replies up. Somebody on there has the same username as me...and is talking lots of smack. They are going to think it is me..LOL, oh well. They do seem pretty steamed.

Mike Kerns
You aren't going to win that fight over here. Take it where it belongs please ? BuffaloBills.com

SheTexan
04-04-2006, 02:45 PM
Yep, I guess we are scheduled to play each other this year. That might be a real humm dinger of a game...................

and I can't wait either!! Is it Sept yet????:redtowel:

HJam72
04-04-2006, 02:46 PM

Nobody in Houston has cared about that game since about December 1st or so. The season wasn't even over when we stopped caring about those early games. It's all about next year because we won't be the same team.

WillisXPress
04-04-2006, 02:48 PM
Nobody in Houston has cared about that game since about December 1st or so. The season wasn't even over when we stopped caring about those early games. It's all about next year because we won't be the same team.

Right... thats fine....

thing is, i heard this all last year too... i mean, the Bills suck and they owned you....

So I guess you're just gonna have to prove it, cause you aren't given the #1 pick in the draft, you earn it.

The Dude Abides
04-04-2006, 02:50 PM
Right... thats fine....

thing is, i heard this all last year too... i mean, the Bills suck and they owned you....

So I guess you're just gonna have to prove it, cause you aren't given the #1 pick in the draft, you earn it.

we were 2-14. We got owned by a lot of people.

Farough
04-04-2006, 02:51 PM
Ive been waiting all day to hear that!!!

DRIFTAWAY
04-04-2006, 02:54 PM
FANTASTIC NEWWWSSSSSS:yahoo: :yahoo:

jacquescas
04-04-2006, 02:55 PM
lol the bills fans thought they could get a 3rd. thats hilarious.

chuckm
04-04-2006, 02:56 PM
poor bills?

We mopped the floor with you last year

If you're trying to make someone mad with that statement, keep trying .... we're pretty much cried out over last year ....

we'll mop the floor with you this year....

Should be in Reliant this year ..... we'll see .... :)

Paragon Blue
04-04-2006, 02:58 PM
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b293/e_garza/quagmire-3865.jpg
ALRIGHT!!!!!!

The Preacher
04-04-2006, 03:00 PM
Right... thats fine....

Try to ruin this party with your own pity party I don't think so. :ok: Good luck with Holcomb too. I remember he used to tear it up over at MTSU. You got a good ol' boy slinging it for you so what's the fuss?

texansfan1974
04-04-2006, 03:03 PM
[QUOTE=WillisXPress]poor bills?

Are you serious...?

You paid a draft pick for the righ to negoiate with a pending FA before he hit the market.[/QUOT
Mopping the floor with us helped us fire Capers, bring in Kubiak, and best of all get Bush.Then you gave us Moulds. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH. We will mop the floor with you this year. Maybe we can help you like you helped us.:ok:

MadBurgerMaker
04-04-2006, 03:05 PM
If you're trying to make someone mad with that statement, keep trying .... we're pretty much cried out over last year ....

Im coming out of Lurkland to agree here. All this gets from me at this point is a shrug.

By the way....hi everyone!

:D

<goes back into hiding>