PDA

View Full Version : Moulds Trade Official

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

DoCRoN
03-31-2006, 09:31 AM
Well, with a Kubiak offense it would cause confusion. Imagine if the team still employed Capers.....

The Texans are lined up with Johnson and Mathis wide to the left. Moulds is wide right. Bush and Davis are in the backfield. Bush goes in motion to the right. Carr takes the snap. It's Davis over the tackle for 2 yards.

That's like a re-ocurring dream (nightmare) I have had since since moving back to Texas and watching all the games last season... :eek:

Mike Kerns
03-31-2006, 09:45 AM
Capers:

1st & 10: Davis for 2 yards up the middle
2nd & 8: Davis for a loss of 1
3rd & 9: Just send out the punting unit.....

David's Busted Carr
03-31-2006, 10:00 AM
It's making me nervous that it's taking so long. Especially now that the contract amount has been leaked. Now other teams can see what Moulds wants someone could swoop down and make a better offer.

And BTW I think 4 years $14 million for Moulds is a STEAL!!! Way cheaper than Randel El, Antonio Bryant, and David Givens and he's ALOT better than all of them!

Hurry up Charley... don't screw this up....

Texans Horror
03-31-2006, 10:06 AM
Just have to lock down the trade. I'm assuming we are giving up one of our second or third round picks. Any thoughts?

TexanFan881
03-31-2006, 10:07 AM
It's also been leaked that the Eagles haven't even talked to the Bills, so that could play for us to (us giving them a 5th instead of a 4th)

TexanFan881
03-31-2006, 10:08 AM
Just have to lock down the trade. I'm assuming we are giving up one of our second or third round picks. Any thoughts?

At the most we are giving up our 1st pick on the second day (the 4th round pick)

SESupergenius
03-31-2006, 10:42 AM
Come on Casserly, Don;t %$ck this up!

Htown34s
03-31-2006, 10:43 AM
I don't have anything new to say, just want this post to get even longer. ;)

Mike Kerns
03-31-2006, 11:08 AM
I don't have anything new to say, just want this post to get even longer That's what I was thinking:ok:

TexansCM
03-31-2006, 11:14 AM
Here is the quote from the article I like,
"We are excited for this opportunity, and Eric is ecstatic about playing opposite of Andre Johnson," Moulds' agent, Greg Johnson, told the Chronicle.

Could just be PR talk, but I still like it.

ESPN Insider:

Texans closing in on Moulds
<Mar. 31> The Houston Chronicle is reporting that the Texans are on the verge of landing Moulds in a trade with Buffalo. The Texans and Moulds have already agreed to a contract, which will pay the receiver $14 million over four years. The deal also includes a $5 million signing bonus.
What remains to be decided is the compensation Buffalo receive. The Bills are asking for a fourth-round pick. So far, the Texans have offered only a fifth-round pick.

"We are excited for this opportunity, and Eric is ecstatic about playing opposite of Andre Johnson," Moulds' agent, Greg Johnson, told the Chronicle. "We'd be overstepping our bounds if we said it's just about dotting the i's and crossing the t's. It's not that close to being done, but we are very excited."

Texans GM Charlie Casserly said trade talks with Buffalo won't resume until Monday, when Moulds is scheduled to arrive in Houston to meet with team officials.

The Eagles were also considered a frontrunner for Moulds as late as Thursday afternoon, but the Philadelphia Inquirer is reporting that the Eagles and Bills have not had any trade discussions.

Mike Kerns
03-31-2006, 11:18 AM
I'm afraid that is all we are gonna get until Monday...

swisher
03-31-2006, 11:21 AM
I don't have anything new to say, just want this post to get even longer. ;)

Yeah...I home sick from work today and bored...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v644/swisher/prod.jpg

Texas
03-31-2006, 11:22 AM
Mannn...Until monday...Crap...i hope noone steals him

Bearfan Blue and Orange
03-31-2006, 11:26 AM
Here is the quote from the article I like,
"We are excited for this opportunity, and Eric is ecstatic about playing opposite of Andre Johnson," Moulds' agent, Greg Johnson, told the Chronicle.

Could just be PR talk, but I still like it.

ESPN Insider:

<Mar. 31> The Houston Chronicle is reporting that the Texans are on the verge of landing Moulds in a trade with Buffalo. The Texans and Moulds have already agreed to a contract, which will pay the receiver $14 million over four years. The deal also includes a $5 million signing bonus.
What remains to be decided is the compensation Buffalo receive. The Bills are asking for a fourth-round pick. So far, the Texans have offered only a fifth-round pick.

"We are excited for this opportunity, and Eric is ecstatic about playing opposite of Andre Johnson," Moulds' agent, Greg Johnson, told the Chronicle. "We'd be overstepping our bounds if we said it's just about dotting the i's and crossing the t's. It's not that close to being done, but we are very excited."

Texans GM Charlie Casserly said trade talks with Buffalo won't resume until Monday, when Moulds is scheduled to arrive in Houston to meet with team officials.

The Eagles were also considered a frontrunner for Moulds as late as Thursday afternoon, but the Philadelphia Inquirer is reporting that the Eagles and Bills have not had any trade discussions.

What would you expect him to day... He wants out of Buffalo, the texans have show strong interest, Eagles may have showed some interest.

Would you expect him to say, AJ is alright, but I want a Superbowl and I am not sure they can do that as I would really rather play for the eagles.

I think he is just happy to have the chance to get out of there before the release.

Htown34s
03-31-2006, 11:28 AM
So I guess the delay is the haggling between us and the Bills between giving up our 4th rounder or the 5th.

I'd say its a good deal even giving up the 4th. We aren't breaking the bank with the contract and if we don't get Moulds then we'd potentially have to use a higher pick (2nd-3rd rounder) on a WR to fill the #2 slot.

I'd be fine with Casserly giving in and giving the 4th. I'd also offer them this year's and next year's 5th instead of this year's 4th to see if they'd bite. We've had decent luck with our 4th rounders in the past.

MikeMc
03-31-2006, 11:34 AM
Well, just don't let him see someone with a Thurmon Thomas Jersey!

I saw on ESPN "LOCAL", that "Casserly likely will leave Houston".... but the link has an error.

Any word on this??

bigTEXan8
03-31-2006, 11:35 AM
So I guess the delay is the haggling between us and the Bills between giving up our 4th rounder or the 5th.

I'd say its a good deal even giving up the 4th. We aren't breaking the bank with the contract and if we don't get Moulds then we'd potentially have to use a higher pick (2nd-3rd rounder) on a WR to fill the #2 slot.

I'd be fine with Casserly giving in and giving the 4th. I'd also offer them this year's and next year's 5th instead of this year's 4th to see if they'd bite. We've had decent luck with our 4th rounders in the past.

I wouldn't mind giving up a 4th rounder for Moulds. At least with him, the Texans no what they are getting. And where is the entire draft is a krap shoot, I would rather the Texans take a WR with a proven track record in the NFL than a rookie to fill the #2 spot. That's just me though.

jacquescas
03-31-2006, 11:38 AM
id givev4hem a 5th Round pick and swap picks in the fourth.we would drop 7 spots in the 4th Round, and give up orr 5th. Seems like a decent compromise,

jacquescas
03-31-2006, 11:40 AM
does this thread have More posts to it than you have total posts?

Errant Hothy
03-31-2006, 11:42 AM
does this thread have More posts to it than you have total posts?

Yeah, it does. Thats pretty funny.

Errant Hothy
03-31-2006, 11:43 AM
Blame Reggie Bush for the wait

Bills | Moulds deal may not be finalized until Monday
Fri, 31 Mar 2006 09:21:39 -0800

Mark Gaughan, of the Buffalo News, reports a completion of a trade between the Buffalo Bills and Houston Texans for WR Eric Moulds is not expected until Monday, April 3, at the latest. The Texans' top football executives are heading to Los Angeles for Southern California's Pro Day workout, as USC RB Reggie Bush is the favorite to be Houston's No. 1 overall pick in the NFL Draft.

MikeMc
03-31-2006, 11:46 AM
So has anyone heard about why Casserly will be leaving Houston?? Apparently the article comes from the WashTimes.

Sportsfan
03-31-2006, 11:46 AM
I saw on ESPN "LOCAL", that "Casserly likely will leave Houston".... but the link has an error.

Any word on this??

He's reportedly in the mix for some NFL VP position. There is a thread on here entitled something like 'Casserly to the NFL'

The Dude Abides
03-31-2006, 11:54 AM
He's reportedly in the mix for some NFL VP position. There is a thread on here entitled something like 'Casserly to the NFL'

Read between the lines and it seems Texans general manager Charley Casserly will be out of Houston after the next month's draft.
"I have a contract and I'm doing my job as we proceed in free agency and prepare for the draft," Casserly said.
Casserly's job seemed to be in jeopardy in December when Texans owner Bob McNair hired former NFL coach Dan Reeves as a consultant to help repair a team that collapsed from 7-9 in 2004 to 2-14 last season.
Casserly survived Reeves' review, unlike coach Dom Capers. However, McNair and Casserly couldn't agree on an extension of his contract, which expires in June 2007.
If Casserly leaves the Texans, he likely would replace new Oakland Raiders coach Art Shell as the NFL's senior vice president of football operations and development.
Casserly says he has not talked to anyone on Park Avenue about the position, but that was the scuttlebutt at this week's league meetings. The job could be a way station for the 57-year-old Casserly until another GM position opens.
"I haven't heard anything from anyone in the league office, but that doesn't mean there's not something to it," McNair told the Houston Chronicle. "We're scheduled to sit down after the draft and evaluate everything. When we do that, we'll see where everything's headed."
McNair made Casserly, the longtime GM of the Redskins, his first football-related hire after being awarded the expansion franchise in October 1999. The Texans are 18-46 in their four seasons.
Brotherly love
Colts coach Tony Dungy said All-Pro quarterback Peyton Manning is pumped up for the season-opener against the New York Giants, who are quarterbacked by his younger brother, Eli.
"What Peyton said publicly is ..., 'I've never played against him before and it's going to be very exciting,' " Dungy said. "What he was thinking was, 'I'm not going to lose to my brother on national television. Whatever my regimen was, it just cranked up 5 percent because I'm not going to lose.'

infantrycak
03-31-2006, 11:56 AM
Folks--there is a casserly thread--please post on this subject there.

Texans34Life
03-31-2006, 12:05 PM
Pretty much the same stuff...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2391714

Sources: Texans, Moulds close to deal
By Len Pasquarelli

The Houston Texans appear only days away from addressing a longtime priority, acquiring a veteran wide receiver to complement the skills of emerging star Andre Johnson, and of adding another proven target for beleaguered quarterback David Carr.

Sources confirmed that the Texans have reached an agreement in principle with Buffalo Bills wide receiver Eric Moulds on a four-year contract believed to be worth $14 million. The agreement, first reported by The Houston Chronicle, is said to include a $5 million signing bonus. The deal is believed to be similar to the four-year, $14 million contract that free agent Keyshawn Johnson signed with Carolina last week.

Before the Texans acquire Moulds, however, they must first strike a deal with Bills officials. Buffalo is said to be seeking a fourth-round choice in exchange for Moulds, who twice rejected overtures to readjust his contact so he could stay with the Bills. Houston is believed to have offered a fifth-round choice in the 2006 draft as compensation for the 10-year veteran.

Moulds, 32, is scheduled to arrive in Houston on Monday to visit with Texans coaches and officials. No deal will be consummated before that visit. Earlier in the free agency period, the Texans ardently courted David Givens of New England, but the Houston native signed with the Tennessee Titans.

There were some other suitors for Moulds, who last week was granted permission by the Bills to seek out trade possibilities, but none were as aggressive as the Texans. And many of the franchises cited as having interest in Moulds, notably the Philadelphia Eagles, never got involved in substantive discussions. Talks with the Eagles were initiated by Moulds' agent, and were relatively one-sided.

Under first-year head coach Gary Kubiak, whose offensive expertise is well documented, the Texans hope to upgrade a passing attack that statistically ranked 30th in the league in 2005. The Texans' passing game has never rated higher than No. 18 and was in the bottom four in the league in three of four seasons.

The addition of Moulds would provide Carr the most accomplished No. 2 receiver he has ever had, and would alleviate some of the pressure on Johnson, the team's best playmaker. Houston is expected to make Southern California tailback and Heisman Trophy winner Reggie Bush the top overall selection in next month's draft, and his presence as a threat out of the backfield should also aid the passing game.

A first-round choice in the 1996 draft, Moulds has 675 receptions for 9,096 yards and 48 touchdowns in 154 regular-season appearances. In his eight seasons as a starter with the Bills, the former Mississippi State star averaged 78.3 receptions, 1,065.4 yards and 5.8 touchdown catches.

powerfuldragon
03-31-2006, 12:11 PM

bigTEXan8
03-31-2006, 12:35 PM

Who cares...we're getting a #2. I don't care if it took to post 1,000,000,000,,,we finally got a solid #2.

Mike Kerns
03-31-2006, 12:37 PM
The addition of Moulds would provide Carr the most accomplished No. 2 receiver he has ever had, and would alleviate some of the pressure on Johnson, the team's best playmaker. Houston is expected to make Southern California tailback and Heisman Trophy winner Reggie Bush the top overall selection in next month's draft, and his presence as a threat out of the backfield should also aid the passing game.
I'm as giddy as a schoolboy:redtowel:

OzzO
03-31-2006, 12:43 PM
... and y'all miss this in the Chronic's story?

...."His mom has only attended about five games in Buffalo," Johnson said. "She says she can't wait to get in her RV and head down I-10 for the six-hour drive. She wants to tailgate with the fans. She says it will remind her of his college days (at Mississippi State).....

Pfft - who needs a mom that hands out chunky soup, we have one that's gonna tailgate with us!! :redtowel:

F-minus67
03-31-2006, 12:43 PM
So just how close are we to getting Moulds, and are there any changes he will do what Pace did?

done88
03-31-2006, 12:50 PM
your right if we get moulds we will have a solid 2. Mouls will be our #1 reciever and Johnson will be the best 2 in the league.

DominickDavisFan76
03-31-2006, 12:55 PM
It is possible for moulds to be a #1 receiver, if Andre Johnson isnt ready for the 06 season and if:pigfly:

el toro
03-31-2006, 12:59 PM
... and y'all miss this in the Chronic's story?

Pfft - who needs a mom that hands out chunky soup, we have one that's gonna tailgate with us!! :redtowel:

As long as it's longnecks and 'cue she's doling out, I'll hang with her. :)

Big78
03-31-2006, 01:01 PM
I seriously doubt that will happen. Only if A.J. gets injured and Moulds steps it up to where they have to make him the starter. Otherwise A.J. will start on the fact that Moulds is so much older and A.J. is to good to put at #2 under normal circumstances. :twocents:

tulexan
03-31-2006, 01:02 PM
Maybe Moulds can meet Reggie and the Texans top brass for dinner tonight

Big78
03-31-2006, 01:02 PM
^^this is talking about A.J. being #2 to Moulds

tulexan
03-31-2006, 01:05 PM
^^this is talking about A.J. being #2 to Moulds

It's probably like Moss and Porter in Oakland. Both are #1 receivers.

utahmark
03-31-2006, 01:06 PM
i dont think i posted yet!

kiwitexansfan
03-31-2006, 01:08 PM
If a deal won't be done till Monday at the earliest, how big can this thread grow..... and how disappointed would you be if it doesn't happen???

Me, at first I was against the signing but some of the Bills fans who have come onto the board have convinced me I want him, and want him bad!!:drool:

BigBull17
03-31-2006, 01:10 PM
I think Dre would be the #2 in our rotation. He is still young and has alot to learn. It would also allow Moulds ego to get its tickle, while Dre dosnt care cause he is a team player. Moulds has the experience to teach and from what Ive seen, he still has what it takes to get it done.

GhostRaider2006
03-31-2006, 01:13 PM
So just how close are we to getting Moulds, and are there any changes he will do what Pace did?

I don't think we have another Pace situation here with the Texans. If anything I think the situation was reversed this time and Moulds was using Philly to jack up his price with us. We just failed to realise this because we have been burned by this process to many times in the past and instictively shifted into a pessimistic state when it came to getting Moulds. Because as I mentioned on the Philly board what proof is there that the Eagles ever really persued Moulds. I know the agent called the Eagles FO and tried to start things up and then released that press release saying Moulds wanted to play for the Eagles (which I chalk up to being standard agent speak). But what else is there besides alot of reports contradicting each other from all the major Philly and major national sports outlets. Other than that all the activity that has been reported dealt strictly with the Texans.

tulexan
03-31-2006, 01:13 PM
Does it really matter who is #1? How many formations are we going to run with only 1 receiver?

TexanFan881
03-31-2006, 01:14 PM
AJ and Moulds will be heavily covered and then you throw Mathis in slot and he will outrun everyone and be wide open. With AJ and Moulds, whoever lines up in the slot will be very effective also. I think with AJ and Moulds, Putzier will be in the top 5 in TE catches. He will have barely any attention focused on him. I do have confidence in David Carr, but I think he's the only way this offense could not be as capable as it could be. He's showed sparks of a strong, good QB though throughout his career and with names like Reggie Bush, Dominick Davis, Andre Johnson, Eric Moulds, and Jeb Putzier as targets, I think he will shine next year. I would be suprised if we are not a top 10 ranked offense next year.

infantrycak
03-31-2006, 01:15 PM
I think Dre would be the #2 in our rotation. He is still young and has alot to learn. It would also allow Moulds ego to get its tickle, while Dre dosnt care cause he is a team player. Moulds has the experience to teach and from what Ive seen, he still has what it takes to get it done.

AJ had more yardage than Moulds even in his 1st two years in the league--2003 and 2004 and even though injured last year and getting only 75% as many receptions had more 1st downs. AJ isn't going to be taking 2nd fiddle to Moulds. This is a move to put a threat in to draw attention from AJ and have more playmakers, not to find a better #1--not that it really matters as both with be on the field 99% of the time.

Texas
03-31-2006, 01:16 PM
AJ is better then moulds in my opinion though and AJ is like the franchise #1 WR. Notice how all of the articles from news reports and stuff say adding WR Moulds to go on the side of All Star Andre Johnson. Maybe not exactly worded right but close.

el toro
03-31-2006, 01:17 PM

Moulds is headed to Houston to sign a contract. Don't overthink this.

Bearfan Blue and Orange
03-31-2006, 01:17 PM

This will not happen unless AJ is not full speed ready for the season. AJ may be a team player, but he is also the #1 WR for the Texans and you do not mess with a young player's "ego" and tell him hey, you are going to be the #2 guy now that we have this old guy here with more experience. You can do this if you really want to drive AJ to another team that wants him to be the #1. Have you forgotten why Moulds is in this whole trade thing to begin with? Was #1 and now sliding down to #2 for Buffalo.

GhostRaider2006
03-31-2006, 01:25 PM
This will not happen unless AJ is not full speed ready for the season. AJ may be a team player, but he is also the #1 WR for the Texans and you do not mess with a young player's "ego" and tell him hey, you are going to be the #2 guy now that we have this old guy here with more experience. You can do this if you really want to drive AJ to another team that wants him to be the #1. Have you forgotten why Moulds is in this whole trade thing to begin with? Was #1 and now sliding down to #2 for Buffalo.

I might have agreed with this if AJ was the type of player that displayed alot of ego but the fact is he dosen't really. Every time I have heard someone from the Chronicle, local TV news, and radio describe him the say he is laid back, shy, avoids attention and confrotation, and always does what is best for the team without arguement. Doesn't really scream ego does it. I think at this point anything is possible and as the season unfolds we will know what the players roles on this team will be.

RB5
03-31-2006, 01:27 PM
I'd like to thank the guy at the "carnival" with the Eddie George jersey. :ok:

I'm not sure Givens and Moulds are even in the same ballpark.

whiterhino
03-31-2006, 01:29 PM
johnson will put up career numbers next to moulds. andre is much more talented than a guy like peerless price, and when peerless was lined up next to eric he had nearly 100 catches onne season.

Mike Kerns
03-31-2006, 01:32 PM
I'd like to thank the guy at the "carnival" with the Eddie George jersey. HA! I was thinkin that last night, lol:yahoo:

Bearfan Blue and Orange
03-31-2006, 01:32 PM
I might have agreed with this if AJ was the type of player that displayed alot of ego but the fact is he dosen't really. Every time I have heard someone from the Chronicle, local TV news, and radio describe him the say he is laid back, shy, avoids attention and confrotation, and always does what is best for the team without arguement. Doesn't really scream ego does it. I think at this point anything is possible and as the season unfolds we will know what the players roles on this team will be.

That is the reason I put "ego" in quotes because Externally he does not appear to have that ego and you want a guy that will do the best for the team, but if you are a professional WR in the NFL, you do not become a #1 WR without having an internal ego/competitive drive to be the best WR on the team. And for that reason you mentioned that he has done everything for the team and ask by the team he has proven he deserves that #1 spot.

He has drawn double and triple teams throughout most of his career especially after he made the probowl... beating out Moulds that year.

That is what I meant by ego and why you cannot do that to him. If he was a WR that dropped everything, did not run good routes, did not fight for extra yards, etc., then you would have an argument... but not now

Bearfan Blue and Orange
03-31-2006, 01:34 PM
johnson will put up career numbers next to moulds. andre is much more talented than a guy like peerless price, and when peerless was lined up next to eric he had nearly 100 catches onne season.

With all the improvements this offseason, addition of moulds, walter, putzier, Flanagan, David has no excuses and AJ should have no problem getting 100 catches and I see Moulds getting between 60-70 as well.

AJExplosion80
03-31-2006, 01:41 PM
I like the move by the Texans and that they really pursued him and Moulds even said he is excited to play alongside of AJ which is a good sign. It is like having 2 #1's on the field. I am glad we finally brought in a coach who wants to make changes and doesn't just keep the same team together and just move the pieces around. Go Battle Red. This should be a good year especially if we can get a good draft this year. :drool:

texasguy346
03-31-2006, 01:41 PM
AJ had more yardage than Moulds even in his 1st two years in the league--2003 and 2004 and even though injured last year and getting only 75% as many receptions had more 1st downs. AJ isn't going to be taking 2nd fiddle to Moulds. This is a move to put a threat in to draw attention from AJ and have more playmakers, not to find a better #1--not that it really matters as both with be on the field 99% of the time.

Very good point. AJ is definately the #1 guy, and rightfully so. Moulds is a very talented veteran receiver who'll give us a reliable target. He'll run clean routes, and most importantly he'll help pull coverage off of AJ. You won't see teams slide coverage over to AJ's side of the field as often because Moulds will be a legitimate threat as the #2. If AJ remains healthy, and the team buys into Kubiak's scheme I think we'll see AJ have a phenomenal year. Just look at what Lee Evans was able to do alongside Moulds in his first two seasons in the NFL.

Lee Evans
2004 48 catches 843 yards 9 TDs 17.6 yd/avg
2005 48 catches 743 yards 7 TDs 15.5 yd/avg

Lee Evans, 5'10 and 195, is a classic speedster type WR. He stretches the field, and is in no way the same kind of physical freak of nature that AJ is at 6'3" and 220. That's not meant to take anything away from Evans as he is still very talented & will be very successful in this league, but AJ has the same kind of speed as Evans to go along with his tremendous strength & ability to break tackles for more YAC. Thats not even accounting for his leaping ability or his height which help to make him tough to cover around the redzone. I think we could see AJ put up TO or Moss type numbers next season if our offense is clicking. Something like 80+ catches for 1300+yards and 10+ TDs. The thought of those type of numbers being possible make me even more excited for the upcoming season.

Bearfan Blue and Orange
03-31-2006, 01:43 PM
AJ and Moulds will be heavily covered and then you throw Mathis in slot and he will outrun everyone and be wide open. With AJ and Moulds, whoever lines up in the slot will be very effective also. I think with AJ and Moulds, Putzier will be in the top 5 in TE catches. He will have barely any attention focused on him. I do have confidence in David Carr, but I think he's the only way this offense could not be as capable as it could be. He's showed sparks of a strong, good QB though throughout his career and with names like Reggie Bush, Dominick Davis, Andre Johnson, Eric Moulds, and Jeb Putzier as targets, I think he will shine next year. I would be suprised if we are not a top 10 ranked offense next year.

mathis is not going to be in the slot. That is will be Walter's place.

tulexan
03-31-2006, 01:47 PM
Look at what Peerless Price did along side of Moulds.

bigTEXan8
03-31-2006, 01:51 PM
Moulds biggest weapon he brings to the Texans is going to be his reputation for being a solid WR. Him on the field is going to free up AJ. One of the best off-season signings to me. This could really help this team move forward.

rmartin65
03-31-2006, 02:24 PM
This is going to be great! AJ, Moulds, Walter, Mathis and Armstrong. Scary recieving corp right there.

TexanBacker93
03-31-2006, 02:29 PM
This is going to be great! AJ, Moulds, Walter, Mathis and Armstrong. Scary recieving corp right there.

So we replace Bradford with Moulds and Gaffney with Walter.

Nice job. The Eagles got rid of T.O. and replaced him with Jabar Gaffney.

Now I know why Eagles fans are so irate. I've been reading their message board and they have few nice things to say. I look forward to their visit.

Mike Kerns
03-31-2006, 02:30 PM
Fairly sure Armstrong is gone ? Patriots, I heard.

Sportsfan
03-31-2006, 02:41 PM
Folks--there is a casserly thread--please post on this subject there.

Already said this, read 2 posts up from yours.

SnakeOilTanker
03-31-2006, 03:08 PM
just joining history, go texans :yahoo:

Ibar_Harry
03-31-2006, 03:17 PM
Here is Manfull's chronicle piece.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/3760975.html

I would say be careful. Sounds like the agent is trying to hijack the trade. Moulds seems to be excited, but is the agent? I hope we are not looking at another Pace adventure. Our big plus is perhaps Mom's going to have some influence.

I think Moulds is a big piece to the puzzle and he is seeing the changes the Texans have made. We aren't making a big splash on ESPN, but I'm getting the feeling they are starting to take notice. We are going to be in the hunt may be this year, but certainly by next year.

A physical is also required. Perhaps there might be a health issue, but he's suppose to be one of those guys who is always in tip top shape. He should fit in well with Kubiak and Kubiak's work ethic. Again we just really have a lot to be excited about this coming season. I really think its going to be special. We will just have to wait and see.

O.G.
03-31-2006, 03:18 PM
Yeah, it does. Thats pretty funny.

Now that is an accomplishment, lol. Didn't know it would take off like this.

TheTim5125
03-31-2006, 03:22 PM
This is gonna be a long weekend since the Texans executives get back from the USC proday on monday...

Seņor Stan
03-31-2006, 03:22 PM
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060331/1025338.asp

Here is a story from the Buffalo News...

Moulds may head to Texans
By MARK GAUGHAN
News Sports Reporter
3/31/2006

Eric Moulds got one foot out the door of the Buffalo Bills' organization Friday but his departure is not likely to be finalized until early next week.
Moulds reached an agreement Thursday on the framework of a contract with the Houston Texans, sources in Houston told The News. That's only half of the process, however. Houston still must get the Bills to agree on the compensation they will pay to finalize the trade.

No completion of the deal was expected until Monday at the earliest. The Texans have the No. 1 pick in the NFL draft, and their top football executives all are heading to Los Angeles this weekend for the pro-day workout at the University of Southern California on Sunday. Southern Cal running back Reggie Bush is the favorite to be Houston's No. 1 pick.

The trade could fall through if the Bills and Texans can't agree on payment. It's believed the Bills are seeking a fourth-round draft pick, and the Texans are offering a fifth. The Bills currently have nine picks in the draft. They have an extra third-rounder from last year's Travis Henry trade and an extra seventh-rounder, which is a compensatory pick for last year's free-agent losses.

The parameters of Moulds' deal with Houston are four years and roughly $14 million, with a signing bonus of $5 million, according to the Houston Chronicle.

Moulds' New Orleans-based representative, Greg Johnson, declined to comment on the terms and said the contract was not finalized. However, he said, "I feel like we're close enough to where I'd be shocked if there was a deal-breaker (on the contract)." Moulds is taking up $10.8 million in cap space on the Bills' books. He is due to receive $7.1 million in cash from the Bills this year. The Bills offered him a contract that included a pay cut that would have allowed him to finish his career in Buffalo. However, after 10 seasons that saw him play under four head coaches, six offensive coordinators and nine starting quarterbacks, Moulds is eager for a fresh start somewhere else.

Philadelphia also was interested in Moulds, but the Eagles apparently were not willing to come close to Houston's contract terms.
The Texans were 2-14 last season. The Bills' pass offense ranked 29th, 27th and 28th the past three years. Houston's ranked 30th, 18th and 29th.

However, Johnson said he sees a lot of upside in the Texans.

"That offense has the potential to explode," Johnson said. "The No. 1 thing Eric truly believes is he can go there and help them win. He would play opposite a Pro Bowl receiver in Andre Johnson. The geographic thing doesn't hurt. He will be close to home (in Mississippi) and more friends and family can watch. And we think they will pay fair-market value."

The Bills would save $5.5 million against the cap by getting rid of Moulds. He still would count $5.3 million on this year's books. The Bills are about $9 million under the cap, not counting the Moulds savings, according to News estimates.

Moulds ranks second in Bills history in both catches (675) and yards (9,096).

The seeds for Moulds' contract impasse were set last March, when he restructured his contract and extended it a year, through 2007. Both Moulds and the Bills knew at the time that his cap number would be too high this year and they would have to go back to the bargaining table this offseason if he was going to remain a Bill.

DoCRoN
03-31-2006, 03:26 PM
Great post from the Buffalo News (above).

Anyone know true $$ and years the Eagles were offering? Also, how does our offer breakdown, Signing bonus + cap dollars?

03-31-2006, 03:30 PM
This is going to be the longest offseason ever.

The Dude Abides
03-31-2006, 03:31 PM

It's going to be really rough about a week after the draft.

Texans34Life
03-31-2006, 04:05 PM
I got this off the Eagles Message Board:

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/NFL_SC-RUMOR

Philadelphia Eagles Updated:03/31/2006

According to the Philadelphia Daily News, Eric Moulds denied reports that he has agreed to contract terms with the Houston Texans. It was rumored that the Texans and the Eagles were the front-runners to acquire the 10-year veteran.

Texans34Life
03-31-2006, 04:09 PM
Then found this on ESPN:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2391714&name=FPT-2391714-033116&srvc=sz

Sources: Texans, Moulds close to deal

By Len Pasquarelli
ESPN.com

The Houston Texans appear only days away from addressing a longtime priority, acquiring a veteran wide receiver to complement the skills of emerging star Andre Johnson, and of adding another proven target for beleaguered quarterback David Carr.

Sources confirmed that the Texans have reached an agreement in principle with Buffalo Bills wide receiver Eric Moulds on a four-year contract believed to be worth $14 million. The agreement, first reported by The Houston Chronicle, is said to include a $5 million signing bonus. The deal is believed to be similar to the four-year, $14 million contract that free agent Keyshawn Johnson signed with Carolina last week.

Before the Texans acquire Moulds, however, they must first strike a deal with Bills officials. Buffalo is said to be seeking a fourth-round choice in exchange for Moulds, who twice rejected overtures to readjust his contact so he could stay with the Bills. Houston is believed to have offered a fifth-round choice in the 2006 draft as compensation for the 10-year veteran.

Moulds, 32, is scheduled to arrive in Houston on Monday to visit with Texans coaches and officials. No deal will be consummated before that visit. Earlier in the free agency period, the Texans ardently courted David Givens of New England, but the Houston native signed with the Tennessee Titans.

There were some other suitors for Moulds, who last week was granted permission by the Bills to seek out trade possibilities, but none were as aggressive as the Texans. And many of the franchises cited as having interest in Moulds, notably the Philadelphia Eagles, never got involved in substantive discussions. Talks with the Eagles were initiated by Moulds' agent, and were relatively one-sided.

Under first-year head coach Gary Kubiak, whose offensive expertise is well documented, the Texans hope to upgrade a passing attack that statistically ranked 30th in the league in 2005. The Texans' passing game has never rated higher than No. 18 and was in the bottom four in the league in three of four seasons.

A first-round choice in the 1996 draft, Moulds has 675 receptions for 9,096 yards and 48 touchdowns in 154 regular-season appearances. In his eight seasons as a starter with the Bills, the former Mississippi State star averaged 78.3 receptions, 1,065.4 yards and 5.8 touchdown catches.

el toro
03-31-2006, 04:10 PM
This thread will set a record for most duplicate articles posted.

JAXwithanX
03-31-2006, 04:14 PM

yeah and somehow i guess you can't blame someone for not going through all the pages....but some of this stuff is like....1 page back.

Bearfan Blue and Orange
03-31-2006, 04:16 PM
yeah and somehow i guess you can't blame someone for not going through all the pages....but some of this stuff is like....1 page back.

I SAY 1500 BEFORE NIGHT IS OVER!!! MAYBE 1600

chuckm
03-31-2006, 04:18 PM
the 610 guys just asked John McClain if there was anything that could go wrong with this deal ... his answer was no ... FWIW

The Dude Abides
03-31-2006, 04:21 PM

I think it already has.

Seņor Stan
03-31-2006, 04:22 PM

The 1996 offseason was pretty long...

keyfro
03-31-2006, 04:22 PM
man as long as this deal gets done i'll be happy...i'm sorry but i don't think the draft compensation should be that big of a deal...it's a day two pick for a starting receiver with the talent we've never had here...by the way if anyone wants the pic to my new avatar it's on www.draftstudio.com a couple of people askin for it so there's the website

Maddict5
03-31-2006, 04:28 PM

i logged on 2 hours ago-i hadnt visited since early yesterday- but hell i said id go through the whole thread(25 ish pages)..
remember some1 posting 'i wonder will we get 1000 replies'..well we did

anyway enough patting myself on the back...i still dont feel confident enough to post that moulds will be a texan...but i feel its an 80/20 situation in our favour..would be an excellent signing if it happens

If the eagles somehow hi-jack this..you know every VY fan will be..'look at what reggie did, if we had drafted VY we'd have gotten moulds aswell' lol

PS..dont turn this into a VY/reggie thing...it was just a mildly humorous observation

Sportsfan
03-31-2006, 04:28 PM
Seems to me like the deal is done. Just some formalities to be done and an 'Official' announcement.

O.G.
03-31-2006, 04:41 PM
Moulds is headed to Houston to sign a contract. Don't overthink this.

I couldn't agree more. Don't put more into than what it is.

TexanFan881
03-31-2006, 04:41 PM
ESPN is finally reporting stuff today starting with the HotList. Nice to see I hadn't really heard any sports stations talk about it until now.

Bearfan Blue and Orange
03-31-2006, 04:42 PM
Seems to me like the deal is done. Just some formalities to be done and an 'Official' announcement.

I would not be so sure, I think his agent may hijack this deal. It does not seem like his agent (whom gets the % of the contract money) has been involved as much as any other negotiations I have seen in the past. I think he knows if Moulds get cut June 1st, there will be 6-8 teams in a bidding war to get him and will get about 4-5MM a year without the signing bonus. If an agent get average 3%, that would mean about an extra $100,000 plus for his agent. Hmmm you don't think he has interest in this. I think he knows Moulds will get out either way, I also think he know he will be able to find him a home either way. This sucks!!!

If this was a dine deal and they have been so agreesive to get him, I have to think he would have been out here now to get his physical... There is more going on that we know.

TexanFan881
03-31-2006, 04:46 PM
There is more going on that we know.

USC pro day...

Porky
03-31-2006, 04:49 PM
I would not be so sure, I think his agent may hijack this deal. It does not seem like his agent (whom gets the % of the contract money) has been involved as much as any other negotiations I have seen in the past. I think he knows if Moulds get cut June 1st, there will be 6-8 teams in a bidding war to get him and will get about 4-5MM a year without the signing bonus. If an agent get average 3%, that would mean about an extra $100,000 plus for his agent. Hmmm you don't think he has interest in this. I think he knows Moulds will get out either way, I also think he know he will be able to find him a home either way. This sucks!!!

If this was a dine deal and they have been so agreesive to get him, I have to think he would have been out here now to get his physical... There is more going on that we know.

As usual, you are all wet. The Texans have a deal with the agent and Moulds. That part is done. Their is a verbal agreement. The holdup is the compensation to the Bills. Nothing is official until we agree with the Bills on compensation. The additional holdup is that virtually the entire organization will be at USC tomorrow and Sunday, which is why Moulds will be here Monday to take his physical. He is done deal as far as agreeing to terms. The agent will not pull the rug out. If it doesn't work out, it will only be because the Bills won't accept our trade offer. I sometimes wonder where you get your takes, cause they often seem to come out of left field.

DoCRoN
03-31-2006, 04:50 PM
This is me upping the post count :yahoo:

swtbound07
03-31-2006, 05:11 PM
slow thread

Texans34Life
03-31-2006, 05:14 PM
Update:

Heard it on the ESPN Ticker here in Dallas...

The Houston Texans have agreed in principle with WR Eric Moulds.

-----------------------------

Same ol' news, but it's getting closer to being true - despite all the allegations of it being false.

texman8
03-31-2006, 05:36 PM
Shoot....by Monday nite...should break 2000 posts!

Bubbajwp
03-31-2006, 05:55 PM
I wonder how many posts there are in this thread that talk about how many posts there are in this thread.

HJam72
03-31-2006, 06:01 PM
There are now 2 posts in this thread that talk about how other posts in this thread talk about how many posts are in this thread. :)

edo783
03-31-2006, 06:02 PM
Nothing much to add other than ESPN 560 in Denver says we have an agreement in principal with Moulds and are working on the Bills end of it. Just more confirmation is all.

Big B Texan Fan
03-31-2006, 06:11 PM
Should I go hot on the ham & chz or cold?

Just wanted to get the count up, it's slowing down.

Any realators out there know anything about Moulds house hunting??

swtbound07
03-31-2006, 06:15 PM
I just caught the end of the espn ticker...it said something about texans and bills agreeing to trade. Shrugs

justtxyank
03-31-2006, 06:22 PM
probably just the same stuff rehashed

texanfan2002114
03-31-2006, 06:25 PM
I just caught the end of the espn ticker...it said something about texans and bills agreeing to trade. Shrugs

what you missed is that the Texans and E. Moulds have agreed on a 4 year deal, contigent on the Bills and Texans agreeing to a trade.

HJam72
03-31-2006, 06:27 PM
We have to give the Bills a bone. I say we just send them an autographed Eric Moulds Texans jersey. :)

While we're at it, let's send one to the Eagles to. :ok:

TMac48
03-31-2006, 06:34 PM
We have to give the Bills a bone. I say we just send them an autographed Eric Moulds Texans jersey. :)

While we're at it, let's send one to the Eagles to. :ok:
Works for me. :thumbup

Marcus
03-31-2006, 06:54 PM
Well, pardon me if it's been already brought up in this thread, but do any of you think it's worth a 4th round pick in this draft?

I mean, afterall, we've done pretty well with these 4th round picks. (Davis, Mathis, Wells, etc.)

jacquescas
03-31-2006, 06:59 PM
this is post 1 420

CoachJim
03-31-2006, 07:00 PM
Well, pardon me if it's been already brought up in this thread, but do any of you think it's worth a 4th round pick in this draft?

I mean, afterall, we've done pretty well with these 4th round picks. (Davis, Mathis, Wells, etc.)

Hell, it might as well be a 3rd as high as we pick this year.:stirpot:

GLM
03-31-2006, 07:32 PM
this is post 1 420

liar!

PapaL
03-31-2006, 07:43 PM
All this and nothing to report. Am I the only person not to post on here?

Well heres a link the ESPN article about everything that has been said here:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2391714 :deadhorse

HomeBred_Texan
03-31-2006, 08:04 PM
Something tells me this is just a big April Fool's Joke.....

TexanFan881
03-31-2006, 09:08 PM
All of this waiting is so boring...

GP
03-31-2006, 09:17 PM
bump

TexanFan881
03-31-2006, 09:20 PM
bump

lol:

GP
03-31-2006, 09:22 PM
This one time, at band camp.............

GP
03-31-2006, 09:24 PM
If this guy doesn't come to the Texans, we will ALL officially look like the biggest message board geeks in all of message board history.

How BIG must Eric's ego be to see all the action he's getting on this board right now? Heck, he probably will come here just because he feels sorry for us.

Overalls
03-31-2006, 09:37 PM
If this guy doesn't come to the Texans, we will ALL officially look like the biggest message board geeks in all of message board history.

Well, I'm about 6ft 2in and 340lbs. That is kinda big. I also wear overalls a lot and wear glasses. Yep, I'm a big geek.

TexanFan881
03-31-2006, 09:39 PM

How BIG must Eric's ego be to see all the action he's getting on this board right now? Heck, he probably will come here just because he feels sorry for us.

I don't know, the Eagles did a lot of complaining on their message boards...

outofhnd
03-31-2006, 09:59 PM
Thats all eagles fans ever really do is complain.

mexican_texan
03-31-2006, 10:01 PM
All of this waiting is so boring...
www.tuckermax.com

RTP2110
03-31-2006, 10:24 PM
I'm sure AJ has dibs on jersey #80, unless Moulds wants to buy it from him. Maybe Moulds goes crazy and takes a teen numbers the WR's wear now.

TexanFan881
03-31-2006, 10:27 PM
I'm sure AJ has dibs on jersey #80, unless Moulds wants to buy it from him. Maybe Moulds goes crazy and takes a teen numbers the WR's wear now.

I can see him wearing 19 like Keyshawn.

keyfro
03-31-2006, 10:35 PM
actually i see him as 88...i know armstrong has that jersey number but i think it's easy to see that moulds is more important to this team

PapaL
03-31-2006, 10:48 PM
Guess you can say I'm a geek, I make my living off of computers. And I wear glasses sometimes.

Texizgreat
03-31-2006, 10:50 PM
If he takes # 80 i will Freak ..... cause i have the Johnson jersey

DoCRoN
03-31-2006, 10:52 PM
IF he comes here, how long will we realistically keep Moulds? Does a 4-year contract really mean he'll play for the Texans for 4 years? Also, how many good years does he have left?

PapaL
03-31-2006, 10:53 PM
First come, first serve. #80 belongs to AJ until he decides otherwise or leaves the team. I dont see him selling it to Moulds. I think AJ makes enough to worry about $40k for the number.

Texizgreat
03-31-2006, 10:53 PM
so he plays for 3 big deal.... do you really think TO will stay in Dallas for 3 yrs ?

DoCRoN
03-31-2006, 10:57 PM
so he plays for 3 big deal.... do you really think TO will stay in Dallas for 3 yrs ?

I'm not complaining; I was asking a legit question. Just to get opinions. I personally think 2 or 3 years of production would be well worth it. And all the hype and interest, it makes Houston pro football exciting again. Like in the early 2000's... :redtowel:

TexanFan881
03-31-2006, 10:59 PM
IF he comes here, how long will we realistically keep Moulds? Does a 4-year contract really mean he'll play for the Texans for 4 years? Also, how many good years does he have left?

I think he depends on his health. If he is plagued by injuries, then yes, I don't see him staying for the whole contract. If he is of the Rod Smith type, he will be here for the whole contract, unless he gets upset with us like he did with the Bills.

Texizgreat
03-31-2006, 11:03 PM
DoCRoN, I did not intend for that to come across snotty.(I reread the post i made)

Sorry if it did.

DoCRoN
03-31-2006, 11:13 PM
DoCRoN, I did not intend for that to come across snotty.(I reread the post i made)

Sorry if it did.

Lol It ain't no thing. I must be 1400+ post cranky... :wacko: :embarrass :crazy:

DoCRoN
03-31-2006, 11:14 PM

Sorry if it did.

I like how you got all my CaPs correct in my name, though... :highfive:

TexanFan881
03-31-2006, 11:15 PM
If there wasn't NASCAR to pass time this weekend I don't know what I'd do

outofhnd
03-31-2006, 11:17 PM
He might buy it have you seen his website? He might buy #80

http://www.ericmoulds.com

DoCRoN
03-31-2006, 11:26 PM

There sure are a bunch of #80's floating around that site!

TexanFan881
03-31-2006, 11:27 PM

He'd have to change his whole website.

"Download #80 wallpaper" "up close with #80"

Last time I checked his name was Eric Moulds. lol:

Bearfan Blue and Orange
04-01-2006, 12:13 AM

I would be pssd if AJ sells his number to him. That is his number. Moulds is coming here. He would have to pay me 300,000+ to get the number off my back if I were AJ

jacquescas
04-01-2006, 01:11 AM
i just couldn't let the thread go an hour without being attended to.

goodnight moulds.:yahoo:

jerek
04-01-2006, 01:30 AM
If he takes # 80 i will Freak ..... cause i have the Johnson jersey

This is Eric Moulds we're talking about here ... not Jerry Rice.

Dre will keep his number.

done88
04-01-2006, 08:13 AM
According to the Philadelphia Daily News, Eric Moulds denied reports that he has agreed to contract terms with the Houston Texans. It was rumored that the Texans and the Eagles were the front-runners to acquire the 10-year veteran.

this does not sound good. Itwas updated yesterday.

GhostRaider2006
04-01-2006, 08:21 AM

this does not sound good. Itwas updated yesterday.

Yeah and if you look at the Buffalo Bills rumor above it says this:

Buffalo Bills Updated:03/31/2006
The Buffalo News reports that Eric Moulds has reached an agreement with the Houston Texans. The Texans and Bills still have to agree on the compensation. The Bills are asking for a fourth-round draft pick, while the Texans are offering a fifth.

ccdude730
04-01-2006, 08:23 AM
the contract is already in place, all that they are working on now is compensation but CC being at USC isnt making things go any faster.

everything will be taken care of by early next week

michaelm
04-01-2006, 08:51 AM

500 of the posts are actually by Eric himself.

mexican_texan
04-01-2006, 08:56 AM
500 of the posts are actually by Eric himself.
"Eric Moulds would not do that sort of thing. Eric Moulds is a respectable man. Eric Moulds only posted 457 times"
--Eric Moulds

bigTEXan8
04-01-2006, 09:48 AM
I don't care who's running this trade, but whoever it is better not screw this up. And just a side note, it's going to be wierd not seeing Gaffney or Bradford, but Walter and and possibly Moulds in Madden '07.

mexican_texan
04-01-2006, 09:54 AM
I don't care who's running this trade, but whoever it is better not screw this up. And just a side note, it's going to be wierd not seeing Gaffney or Bradford, but Walter and and possibly Moulds in Madden '07.
Flannagan-93
Moulds-89
Walter-69
Putzier-83

texansfan1974
04-01-2006, 10:04 AM
This is going to be the longest weekend ever. For the fisrt time in my life I can't wait until Monday.:drool:

run-david-run
04-01-2006, 10:06 AM
wow, way to ruin everyone's weekend CC! Although we can keep each other entertained with the Reggie combine talk..yay

texansfan1974
04-01-2006, 10:06 AM
Well guess I will take a nap that will make it go by faster.:sleep:

run-david-run
04-01-2006, 10:11 AM
Flannagan-93
Moulds-89
Walter-69
Putzier-83
And here I was worried the Texans are gonna suck in the new Madden! Lol, cant wait for the new season...

DoCRoN
04-01-2006, 10:32 AM
Story out of Buffalo is that the Texans and Bills could not come to an agreement on the compensation to the Bills for Moulds. Looks like this may end sooner than Monday - http://www.buffalobills.com/news/
:crying:

texan279
04-01-2006, 10:35 AM
Story out of Buffalo is that the Texans and Bills could not come to an agreement on the compensation to the Bills for Moulds. Looks like this may end sooner than Monday - http://www.buffalobills.com/news/

****! Give them the 4th round pick!!!!:crying:

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
I'm not falling for it. lol

Wolfiegrrl
Interesting... I see nothing on that page that is talking about the Moulds deal. I did see something on Profootballtalk.com that said something like this, but when you clicked on the link, it was an April Fools Joke.

DoCRoN
04-01-2006, 10:37 AM

The thread is slow until Monday so I thought I would try to :stirpot: . April Fools.

texan279
04-01-2006, 10:49 AM
Yeah I freaked out before I clicked the link, I hate April 1st...

TexanFan881
04-01-2006, 10:52 AM

I think last year I forgot about April fools and that was a good thing...
I am only going to kffl today because I don't see them pulling an April fools joke.

DoCRoN
04-01-2006, 10:52 AM

I flippin' hate it too. But my wife said something a minute ago about April Fools so I couldn't pass it up.. :)

run-david-run
04-01-2006, 10:57 AM
I concur, April Fool's is a bane on humanity

Trapped
04-01-2006, 11:14 AM
I don't have a concern wit Moulds Age. His draft class at WR was very strong now that i look at it. 96 was a year of the WR.

Marvin Harrison, Terrell Owens, Mushin Muhammed, Joe Horn, Keyshawn Johnson, Terry Glenn, Amani Toomer, Eddie Kennison, and Eric Moulds.

4 of those guys are still #1 Receivers.

Roughnecks
04-01-2006, 11:51 AM
Hats off to Texansfan2002114 and Overalls I was on the eagles MB last night and you guys had them all kinds of upset that was good stuff there best come backs was your 2-14 last year. loved it good job guys.:highfive:

Roughnecks
04-01-2006, 11:59 AM
I have noticed that the Eagles loved Moulds but when it came out that we have him pending the approval they then thought he was a bum and was to old and a waste of cap space boy how fast they turn and get this they think their group of WR are better than ours thought ya'll get a good laugh out of that no April fools joke.

bigTEXan8
04-01-2006, 01:52 PM
****! Give them the 4th round pick!!!!:crying:

I concur. A 4th is a great deal for a WR as accomplished as Moulds. Pull the trigger.

(I came up with a great smiley face. Have it praying...I just think it would be funny)

jacquescas
04-01-2006, 04:06 PM
swap 4ths and give them the 5th.

JAXwithanX
04-01-2006, 04:15 PM
i wouldn't mind something like our 4th and 5th for their 5th. I have the feeling their will be something comng back our way other than Moulds considering our 4th will be the first pick of the second day....which is always a big deal.

JAXwithanX
04-01-2006, 04:15 PM
swap 4ths and give them the 5th.

even better.

dalemurphy
04-01-2006, 04:32 PM
Buffalo has no leverage. They have to trade or release Moulds. We have already reached a contract agreement with Moulds. He wants to come here. Buffalo can either get a 5th round pick for him or get nothing for him. We should not buckle. They will take the 5th if we do not cave in.

Overalls
04-01-2006, 04:33 PM
The Eagles fans still think they have a chance.

run-david-run
04-01-2006, 04:40 PM
Yeah, the Eagles could be the wildcard in this. But they are not the Redskins, they wont throw money at people, esspcially those they deem expendable or on the decline. I doubt we hear much from the Eagles, its just a matter of CC ironing out the details. Of course, I have been wrong before...

JAXwithanX
04-01-2006, 04:48 PM
Buffalo has no leverage. They have to trade or release Moulds. We have already reached a contract agreement with Moulds. He wants to come here. Buffalo can either get a 5th round pick for him or get nothing for him. We should not buckle. They will take the 5th if we do not cave in.

the fact they have until june 1st until they cut him....after teams draft.....is leverage. no one wants to go into the draft thinking they might still sign an impact player afterwards. it messes up a lot things. the only thing i'm really worried about it moulds agent getting in his head a little bit that he could receive more money if he would just wait until he is cut. which is very likely possible.

JAXwithanX
04-01-2006, 04:50 PM
(possible being the fact he would get more money....not that his agent will actually be able to convince him)

Marcus
04-01-2006, 05:01 PM
I seem to recall last year, all of you thinking it was an April Fool's joke when the word got out that the Texans had released Jamie Sharper.

Trust, but verify. (Ronald Reagan)

mexican_texan
04-01-2006, 05:37 PM
I concur. A 4th is a great deal for a WR as accomplished as Moulds. Pull the trigger.

(I came up with a great smiley face. Have it praying...I just think it would be funny)
:bowdown:

But we have such a good record with fourths. The only way I'll give up a fourth is if we get theirs.

Bearfan Blue and Orange
04-01-2006, 06:55 PM
:bowdown:

But we have such a good record with fourths. The only way I'll give up a fourth is if we get theirs.
I think the Texans offered them a 5th round because it is the first pick of the 5th round and that might was well be looked at as a 4th rounder. The 4th rounder to me is like getting a late 3rd rounder. If the Texans were drafting 15-20 then I would say a 4th rounder would be fair, but not here.

TexanFan881
04-01-2006, 07:31 PM
I seem to recall last year, all of you thinking it was an April Fool's joke when the word got out that the Texans had released Jamie Sharper.

Trust, but verify. (Ronald Reagan)

I remember that :tv:

TexanFan881
04-01-2006, 09:56 PM
Article posted earlier by scout.com
http://eagles.scout.com/2/515667.html

Word this week was that Eric Moulds was headed to Houston, but that's not yet a done deal. In his heart, Moulds is hoping that the Eagles change their mind - which isn't likely to happen - and work out a deal with Buffalo to bring the veteran receiver to the City Of Brotherly Love.

:hmmm:

DoCRoN
04-01-2006, 10:10 PM
[QUOTE=TexanFan881]Article posted earlier by scout.com
Quote:
Word this week was that Eric Moulds was headed to Houston, but that's not yet a done deal. In his heart, Moulds is hoping that the Eagles change their mind - which isn't likely to happen - and work out a deal with Buffalo to bring the veteran receiver to the City Of Brotherly Love.

-----
I wonder if that's in Moulds' heart or the Eagles heart... :hmmm:

Errant Hothy
04-01-2006, 10:12 PM
Article posted earlier by scout.com

:hmmm:

Nothing ot really worry about then, the Eagles FO hardly ever overpays for a FA; especially one fo Moulds' age.

Carr Bombed
04-01-2006, 10:15 PM
Nothing ot really worry about then, the Eagles FO hardly ever overpays for a FA; especially one fo Moulds' age.

Thats true, but this is the one thing I've worried about. I would of liked to go ahead and get this deal done instead of putting it off a couple of days and leaving the back door open. I will feel a whole lot better once this deal is done.

Having said that, this could just be his agent trying to build a bigger market and more money for his client

done88
04-01-2006, 10:30 PM
Thats true, but this is the one thing I've worried about. I would of liked to go ahead and get this deal done instead of putting it off a couple of days and leaving the back door open. I will feel a whole lot better once this deal is done.

Having said that, this could just be his agent trying to build a bigger market and more money for his client

I'm ok with waiting. We know we are willing to pay and he wants the money. However I would hate to pay someone that kind of money and him get here and not be happy. Therefore give him the weekend to make sure this is what he wants to do. Play a little poker with the Bills and then get it done on monday when he comes in. If he changes his mind better to know now rather then when he is unhappy and stuck.

ccdude730
04-01-2006, 10:33 PM
im sure it is a non issue, but i hope that he gives 100% when we bring him in since he has been saying that he rather be with the iggles

TexanFan881
04-01-2006, 10:41 PM
I'm not worried at all (just look at my new avatar :)). The Eagles haven't even really attempted to land him and Moulds has shown way more love to the Eagles than they are giving back.

dalemurphy
04-01-2006, 11:42 PM
[QUOTE=TexanFan881]Article posted earlier by scout.com
Quote:

-----
I wonder if that's in Moulds' heart or the Eagles heart... :hmmm:

Man, a report about what is in a man's heart... Keep that report away from me!!

The Dude Abides
04-01-2006, 11:45 PM
1500 posts.

TexanFan881
04-02-2006, 08:56 AM
1500+ posts and almost 50,000 views :wow:

texansfan1974
04-02-2006, 09:56 AM
Even though we lost an hour today this is still going to be longest day ever. I hope we don't have to wait past Monday or I will pull out what ever hair I have left. Come on Cass GET THIS DONE PLEASE!!!:ok:

bigTEXan8
04-02-2006, 10:17 AM
C'mon Cassy-baby...pull the trigger. Make Texan fans happy.

O.G.
04-02-2006, 11:12 AM
C'mon Cassy-baby...pull the trigger. Make Texan fans happy.

Have patience, everyone is in Los Angles.

O.G.
04-02-2006, 11:15 AM
I think the Texans offered them a 5th round because it is the first pick of the 5th round and that might was well be looked at as a 4th rounder. The 4th rounder to me is like getting a late 3rd rounder. If the Texans were drafting 15-20 then I would say a 4th rounder would be fair, but not here.

I concur. All in all, they will switch 4th round picks and add the 5th pick. Everyone should be happy. We still get a descent 4th round pick and give up as you called a late 4th round (1st pick in the 5th).

TexanFan881
04-02-2006, 11:26 AM
Maybe something will happen tonight :yahoo:

DHBILLSFAN
04-02-2006, 11:31 AM
Bills fan here, first post. Have to say,as Im sure other Bills fans have said that have posted here Moulds is a very good WR. I have not read all the post and have seen a few stating he'll be a good #2. I think you will find that he'll become your # 1 as the season goes on, he's that good. We hate to see him go, if he does. On that note...

The Bills do not have to trade or release him. He still under contract for 2 more years and even though the Bills dont want to pay him the 7+ million this season, we are around 7-8 million under the cap with his contract atm.

Later....

TexanBacker93
04-02-2006, 11:38 AM
After enjoying the fun on the Eagles boards, I've read through the Bills boards as well. Most fans seem to be sad that Moulds is going to be leaving and enjoyed him. There are a few that wish him nothing but the worst, but you'll find that with any player.

They agree with Eagles fans that the Texans are a joke. Wait until we play. The Texans have done something to improve their non-playoff teams while the Bills and Eagles have done little (IMO).

A lot of fans think the Bills are in the driver's seat and should be able to demand a 3rd and will get it from the Texans. Please god, don't let Casserly take that call.

Some of this might have been mentioned, but I can't possibly keep up with the juggernaut that is this message board.

run-david-run
04-02-2006, 11:45 AM
With our drafting history, keep the 4th, give them the 2nd..lol. No, we should be able to get him for the 5th, maybe swaping 4ths or something like that. Anyway, we are about 24-36 hours away from Eric Moulds officially being a Texan!

And only 80 posts away from this thread reaching my total post count...lol

O.G.
04-02-2006, 11:49 AM
After enjoying the fun on the Eagles boards, I've read through the Bills boards as well. Most fans seem to be sad that Moulds is going to be leaving and enjoyed him. There are a few that wish him nothing but the worst, but you'll find that with any player.

They agree with Eagles fans that the Texans are a joke. Wait until we play. The Texans have done something to improve their non-playoff teams while the Bills and Eagles have done little (IMO).

A lot of fans think the Bills are in the driver's seat and should be able to demand a 3rd and will get it from the Texans. Please god, don't let Casserly take that call.

Some of this might have been mentioned, but I can't possibly keep up with the juggernaut that is this message board.

There is no way the Bills will get a 3rd round pick. That didn't even try to ask for one and there isn't a certainty that they will get a 4th for that matter. The Eagles only offered a 6th. If we offer a 5th, that is still better. I do agree with Bills Fan, they don't necessarily have to trade him, They could retain his sevices but the will take alittle of a cap hit and they can't put him on the inactive list like T.O. last year. Disgruntle player doesn't make for unified team. Also add in there, money is the reason he wanted a trade anyway. He would not take a pay cut so I really wouldn't see the logic in giving in and paying him now. IMO.

O.G.
04-02-2006, 11:50 AM
With our drafting history, keep the 4th, give them the 2nd..lol. No, we should be able to get him for the 5th, maybe swaping 4ths or something like that. Anyway, we are about 24-36 hours away from Eric Moulds officially being a Texan!

I think it will be there by the end of the day.

DHBILLSFAN
04-02-2006, 11:53 AM

Hey I would love your second for Moulds :drool:

I agree with you wanting D'Brick. Why you guys would want Bush baffles me. DD is a very capable back and with a decent O-line you'd be close to a playoff team if not barley making it in.

throwANDREtheBALL
04-02-2006, 12:30 PM
He's better than P-Bust, and look what we gave up for him.

So I think E-moulds is definitely worth a 4th round pick at least.

I just don't want to see moulds slip through our fingers cuz Casserly & Co. would only give away a measly 5th rounder.

but, if they can get him for a 5th, even better.

aj.
04-02-2006, 12:47 PM
Why you guys would want Bush baffles me. DD is a very capable back and with a decent O-line you'd be close to a playoff team if not barley making it in.

Doma"nick" is a good back when healthy. Good burst for about 20 yards - won't outrun anyone - average blocker at best. Can catch out of the backfield. He missed 5 games due to injury last season and several others prior to that. His injury history is becoming a concern and you can't reasonably expect him to continue at his current touch rate. He's put up some real good numbers but his best is nowhere near what Bush's will be.

Why we would want Bush is obvious. He will be a very good RB - a faster version of Tiki Barber mixed with a young Marshall Faulk who will bulk up to about 210 by the time the season starts, he can line up at WR or RB, can return kickoffs (can you imagine Mathis and Bush on kickoff returns?) and is a very capable blocker in blitz pickup.

If it came down to it, I wouldn't mind swapping 4's for Moulds and giving up the 5. That way, the Bills would have the first pick on Day 2 which is more than fair.

Texans_Chick
04-02-2006, 01:42 PM
A Phili radio station reported that the Texans and Moulds had came up with a deal. Some called BS. Then it started to be confirmed by other sources but that the Texans and Bills were just working out draft picks to go along with the trade--rumor has it that it is between 4-5th. Some people think we are being OPaced in the deal. Lots of people have a hard time posting relevant things in a thread. Various discussions of whether Moulds has enough gas left in the tank and what good value would be for him in the new free agent market. There was a statistical analysis article about how Moulds might not get separation going deep. Eagle fans pick out strange avatars. Is he a #1 or a #2--who cares that is irrevelant. The Chronic reported that there is basically a deal and that Moulds is coming to Houston on Monday. The deal in priniciple is for the Texans to pay Moulds $14 million over four years in a deal that includes a $5 million signing bonus.The Texans staff is at USC for the weekend so we aren't gonna hear anything until Monday prolly. EM's mommy wants to tailgate in her RV with us. (She will find that Texas BBQ is less sugary than Mississippi BBQ). Bills fans will miss Moulds but not at 7 mil a year. Various thread paddings and an April Fools joke. Will EM reduce double teaming on AJ--nah AJ didn't receive much double teams but he will open things up and actually catch balls thrown to him. Boy, them Eagles fans are steamed. Wish it were a done deal--this makes me nervous.

el toro
04-02-2006, 01:44 PM
Buffalo doesn't want him at the $10 mil price. Moulds and the Texans have agreed in principle to an extension. Buffalo has some leverage but so do the Texans. Philly was rumored to only be offering a 6th round selection for Moulds. Maybe the Texans can get by with only giving up their 5th rounder. If they have to give up the 4th, sobeit. A deal will get done early next week.

Errant Hothy
04-02-2006, 01:45 PM
A Phili radio station reported that the Texans and Moulds had came up with a deal. Some called BS. Then it started to be confirmed by other sources but that the Texans and Bills were just working out draft picks to go along with the trade--rumor has it that it is between 4-5th. Some people think we are being OPaced in the deal. Lots of people have a hard time posting relevant things in a thread. Various discussions of whether Moulds has enough gas left in the tank and what good value would be for him in the new free agent market. There was a statistical analysis article about how Moulds might not get separation going deep. Eagle fans pick out strange avatars. Is he a #1 or a #2--who cares that is irrevelant. The Chronic reported that there is basically a deal and that Moulds is coming to Houston on Monday. The deal in priniciple is for the Texans to pay Moulds $14 million over four years in a deal that includes a $5 million signing bonus.The Texans staff is at USC for the weekend so we aren't gonna hear anything until Monday prolly. EM's mommy wants to tailgate in her RV with us. (She will find that Texas BBQ is less sugary than Mississippi BBQ). Bills fans will miss Moulds but not at 7 mil a year. Various thread paddings and an April Fools joke. Will EM reduce double teaming on AJ--nah AJ didn't receive much double teams but he will open things up and actually catch balls thrown to him. Boy, them Eagles fans are steamed. Wish it were a done deal--this makes me nervous.

Stream of conscience?

aj.
04-02-2006, 01:57 PM
I can't wait ... now Carr can throw 2 yard hitch passes to Pro Bowlers on BOTH sides of the field.

DoCRoN
04-02-2006, 02:08 PM
I can't wait ... now Carr can throw 2 yard hitch passes to Pro Bowlers on BOTH sides of the field.

:thumbup
Imagine the versatility! 2 yard hitches to either side, PLUS Carr can audible to a run off-tackle to Reggie AND DD. We'll have the defenses stunned!

:sarcasm:

Kaiser Toro
04-02-2006, 02:31 PM

So that is what people were talking about by saying Moulds will take the pressure off of AJ.

I hope next year's play book does not drown us in a sea of retardedness like the last four years.

Jwwillis
04-02-2006, 02:40 PM
I remember when Capers and Co. started building the team in yr 1, they wanted to build through the draft and not go after high priced FA's,tryng not to make the same mistakes with the Panthers ( spending too much on Fa's thus becoming a flash in the pan, then being unable to aquire quality replacments due to cap issues). However, they did bring in veterans on D. Most agreed this was a good approach.

Now that Kubiak is going after expierenced FA's as oppose to building through the draft fans are whining about money and age. As I recall, the Texans D in the 1st yr was pretty good. However, with injuries to Walker,Pane,Wong and the loss of a few to FA's, it didnt last long. Perhaps it is because of Capers approach the Texans have the opportunity this year to get expierenced FA's to fill critical positions. Not all vets get injured, not all highly touted draft picks make it in the NFL. And not all off seasons have the huge amout of availabe FA's as we have had this year. We dumped Glenn to aquire Pbuk to get younger....id say that was a bust.

The advantage of bringing in a proven product in FA out weighs the potential of a College player. Even considering that the FA gets more money than a rookie, McNair is the type of owner that considers payroll last as long as he is not straped by the cap. McNair wants to win now, so do the fans. Also, rookies like Bush and Young will get phat contracts right from the start, having never played a down in the NFL (risk?) Spending the same or less on a proven FA with injury potential (risk?). Bottome line, nobody in football or any other profession can make a sure thing decision bringing in personel, old or new.

It really boils down to the coaching staff getting the most out of each players strengths, gettng the players to trust the system, and a decent bench to overcome injuries. Im not so sure Capers was able to do the 1st two, but debth is going to be a problem with any expansion team.

I would like to make another point that many will not agree with. If you break down all the sacks Carr has taken, most were a result of FB's, HB's, WR's and QB's not getting their jobs done in blitz situations. The Texans are not the only team that gets blitzed a lot. Remember the loss to the Bills with Loseman? Everytime we blitzed him ( getting penetration ) he threw the ball away, scrambled, or the HB,FB picked it up. I think this is why Kubiak got Cook, it is also why Capers likes big HB's.

As for this years opponents....are ANY of the teams really the same? Lots of changes league wide in this offseaon.

:goodbad:

Texan in Japan
04-02-2006, 02:41 PM
Get 'er done CC!

If PHI only offerred a 6th, practically speaking our 6th pick at top of the round would be much better. I'm hoping this is closed w/ a 5th or 6th pick this year and another if needed next year (5th or 6th). I don't want us to give a 4th or even swap positions in the 4th.

Maybe that's greedy, but the first pick on second day offers a lot of options for trades or obtaining a player that slipped.

RTP2110
04-02-2006, 02:58 PM

I always thought those 2 yard hitches were a Capers' trademark.

Lucky
04-02-2006, 03:04 PM
I hope next year's play book does not drown us in a sea of retardedness like the last four years.
Kubiak can design an offense that can get a receiver open. The previous guys couldn't.

For those that can't get excited about what's happening with this team, there's this little Steel Blue pill...

P.S. Sorry about Jasper. I lost a 12 year-old Lab 3 years ago, and it still hurts.

Ibar_Harry
04-02-2006, 03:07 PM
Kubiak can design an offense that can get a receiver open. The previous guys couldn't.

For those that can't get excited about what's happening with this team, there's this little Steel Blue pill...

P.S. Sorry about Jasper. I lost a 12 year-old Lab 3 years ago, and it still hurts.

Same here, but we put one down 26 years old. The vet could not believe it. He was a dog from the streets, but he was a peach of a dog. The become such a big part of the household. God bless them all.

done88
04-02-2006, 03:28 PM
The Bills do not have to trade or release him. He still under contract for 2 more years and even though the Bills dont want to pay him the 7+ million this season, we are around 7-8 million under the cap with his contract atm.

Later....

Although I agree that the BIlls are not without leverage. Moulds will count 10 mil against their cap this year not 7. HIs salary is 7.1 and with his bonus he will count 10. If he is treaded or released he will count 5.5 mil. That is why they are going to trade or release him. If they do not they will have to clear 2+ mill in cap space to keep him. This is why they asked him to restructure.They will fight for and probable get the 4 but that is because they will say if not we will release him and see how you can compare on the open market. If teams don't have to give up a pick for him there will be a lot more demand.

jacquescas
04-02-2006, 03:31 PM
i'd take that risk. i think most teams have moved on from Moulds and he already agreed to a contract, it would be tough for someone to beat that right now.

JAXwithanX
04-02-2006, 04:18 PM
Moulds is a Texan.....i wish that was the title to this thread....Houston will give up the 4th if they have to....although i don't think they will need to....probably like everyone said....a 4th swap and our 5th....or maybe our 4th for moulds and their 5th. some combination like that.

DRIFTAWAY
04-02-2006, 08:12 PM
hopefully tomorrow everyone can rest easy again

Big78
04-02-2006, 08:46 PM
Is tomorrow a set deadline or date? Or is it more like an assumed time of decision

texansfan1974
04-02-2006, 09:07 PM
Is tomorrow a set deadline or date? Or is it more like an assumed time of decision

Assumed

Carr Bombed
04-02-2006, 10:38 PM
tomorrow is either the day the bills settle for a 5th or we pony up a 4th, or we switch 4ths.

HJam72
04-02-2006, 10:57 PM
I always thought those 2 yard hitches were a Capers' trademark.

Palmer or Pendry...

It had to be Pendry--at least he was the one that overused them.

texansfan1974
04-03-2006, 05:51 AM
Today could be the day to party and start talkin playoffs, if we get Moulds.
I won't be able to do any work until i hear something on this today, So please keep posting if anyone hears anything about this.
GO TEXANS.:redtowel:

mancunian
04-03-2006, 05:54 AM
This has dragged on a bit ....I expected to hear something last week.....its like xmas I'm so excited!

CoachJim
04-03-2006, 06:10 AM
Today could be the day to party and start talkin playoffs, if we get Moulds.
I won't be able to do any work until i hear something on this today, So please keep posting if anyone hears anything about this.
GO TEXANS.:redtowel:

Hey there texansfan1974, I like your avatar. Which age group is that? I coach right down the road from you in Pasadena ... Been w/ TIFI for 13 rs now.
Rest assured, this WILL happen today pending his physical. By tonight he'll be a Texan. I'll be holding a vigil with my cell phone propped against my tool box all day today til I get the news. I got ESPN bottomline on my phone too.

texansfan1974
04-03-2006, 07:07 AM
Hey there texansfan1974, I like your avatar. Which age group is that? I coach right down the road from you in Pasadena ... Been w/ TIFI for 13 rs now.
Rest assured, this WILL happen today pending his physical. By tonight he'll be a Texan. I'll be holding a vigil with my cell phone propped against my tool box all day today til I get the news. I got ESPN bottomline on my phone too.
Thank you coach the age group is sophmore. You said your coaching freshman this year. My younger son is going to freshman this year. Guess we will see you out there. Good luck on the season.

Texans_Chick
04-03-2006, 07:35 AM

And people talking about kid football. And the Bills lack of leverage. And complaining about OT threads.

So in sum for those checking the MB Monday morning: Reports are that an agreement in principle has been worked out with Eric Moulds. That he is going to visit Houston today. That it was delayed until today because the Texans staff was going to be at the USC proday. Negotiations are still going on with the Bills to determine draft compensation--reportedly it is between a 4th or 5th round pick.

If you have something specific to an update on that, please post it because I would love to read it.

texan279
04-03-2006, 07:56 AM
And people talking about kid football. And the Bills lack of leverage. And complaining about OT threads.

So in sum for those checking the MB Monday morning: Reports are that an agreement in principle has been worked out with Eric Moulds. That he is going to visit Houston today. That it was delayed until today because the Texans staff was going to be at the USC proday. Negotiations are still going on with the Bills to determine draft compensation--reportedly it is between a 4th or 5th round pick.

If you have something specific to an update on that, please post it because I would love to read it.

Thanks for the update and getting this thread back on track...:thumbup

Sportsfan
04-03-2006, 08:52 AM
Can we expect an afternoon press conference today w/Moulds? Or will it be tomorrow morning if he arrives in H-town later today?...

jacquescas
04-03-2006, 08:56 AM
i wouldn't expect a press conference today. If they have one they usually give fair warning for the press to arrive.

I tihnk thehave something accounced in the next 24 hours and a formal introduction on wednesday.

Texans34Life
04-03-2006, 09:51 AM
4/3/06 Update

Now it looks like the Bills want a 3rd round pick!?!?!

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060403/SPORTS0101/604030334/-1/COLUMNS

The Buffalo Bills likely will have 10 picks in this month's NFL college draft: 8, 42, 70, 73, 105, 143, 178, 216 and 248. The 10th selection figures to come from Houston for wide receiver Eric Moulds. The Texans reportedly want to give up their fourth-round pick (98). The Bills would prefer one of Houston's two third-round picks (65 or 66). ...

GhostRaider2006
04-03-2006, 09:55 AM
4/3/06 Update

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060403/SPORTS0101/604030334/-1/COLUMNS

The Buffalo Bills likely will have 10 picks in this month's NFL college draft: 8, 42, 70, 73, 105, 143, 178, 216 and 248. The 10th selection figures to come from Houston for wide receiver Eric Moulds. The Texans reportedly want to give up their fourth-round pick (98). The Bills would prefer one of Houston's two third-round picks (65 or 66). ...

Yeah right. I have a feeling this is a writer inserting his opinion into an article as a rumor because he is upset with what he is hearing will be compinsation ie: a fourth to fith round draft pick.

Vinny
04-03-2006, 09:56 AM
I'd prefer a 3rd too. That doesn't mean much if it's not available though.

dirty steve
04-03-2006, 09:59 AM
of course they would prefer it. the bills either get a 4th or 5th round pick or realease moulds and get nothing. at least that is what i am hearing.

Bearfan Blue and Orange
04-03-2006, 10:02 AM
4/3/06 Update

I read the same thing in another place, if I can find it, I will post the link here too. and I agree with Hulk... First pick of the 3rd round are they HIGH???

He would be a great addition, but please I do not think he is needed that badly. Does every FOOTBALL fan (Not Texan Fan) know what you can do with your two third round picks (first and second pick of the 3rd round at that), come on now be real.

texan279
04-03-2006, 10:02 AM
LINK (http://eagles.scout.com/2/515667.html)

Eric Moulds wanted the Eagles, but ultimately, the Eagles didn't want him. At least not for the kind of money he was asking for.

"Every time I mention Philadelphia, Eric's ears perk up," Greg Johnson, one of Moulds' agents, said last week. "He wants to go to Philadelphia. He really feels he could help them. He loves the idea of being an Eagle and playing with Donovan (McNabb)."

The Eagles said they had some interest in the 32-year-old wide receiver, but never acted on it, claiming his financial demands were out of whack. With Moulds apparently headed for the Houston Texans, the Eagles appear content to head into the 2006 season with a Terrell Owens-less wide-receiving corps that includes second-year man Reggie Brown, newcomer Jabar Gaffney, Todd Pinkston and Greg Lewis.

texanfan2002114
04-03-2006, 10:10 AM
ESPN INSIDER

<Apr. 3> The Texans should be able to wrap up a deal with the Bills for Moulds early this week. Houston has reached an agreement in principle with the Bills wide receiver on a four-year contract believed to be worth $14 million.

The Texans are expected to resume negotiations with Buffolo today. Houston, which was preoccupied with USC's pro day over the weekend, is believed to have offered a fifth-round choice in the 2006 draft as compensation for the 10-year veteran.

There were some other suitors for Moulds, but none were as aggressive as the Texans. And many of the franchises cited as having interest in Moulds, notably the Eagles, never got involved in substantive discussions.

Keldar
04-03-2006, 10:12 AM
texan279 Eric Moulds wanted the Eagles, but ultimately, the Eagles didn't want him. At least not for the kind of money he was asking for.

"Every time I mention Philadelphia, Eric's ears perk up," Greg Johnson, one of Moulds' agents, said last week. "He wants to go to Philadelphia. He really feels he could help them. He loves the idea of being an Eagle and playing with Donovan (McNabb)."

This does not bode well for a happy camper. It could possibly even mess with some locker room chemistry. I'm getting an icky feeling about this.

Chance_C
04-03-2006, 10:17 AM

Eric Moulds wanted the Eagles, but ultimately, the Eagles didn't want him. At least not for the kind of money he was asking for.

The Eagles said they had some interest in the 32-year-old wide receiver, but never acted on it, claiming his financial demands were out of whack. With Moulds apparently headed for the Houston Texans, the Eagles appear content to head into the 2006 season with a Terrell Owens-less wide-receiving corps that includes second-year man Reggie Brown, newcomer Jabar Gaffney, Todd Pinkston and Greg Lewis.

Looks to me like the writer took a quote from Greg Johnson that was made awhile back and added it to his current column. That statement was made early in the process before the reported contractual agreement between the Texans' and Moulds.

keyfro
04-03-2006, 10:23 AM
first of all that story about him wanting to play for the eagles was released last week...we've heard that story and that was before we supposedly had a contract aggreement with moulds...he's in houston today...this democratic report about the bills wanting a 3rd rounder is simply the bills fans hoping for the best...we're offering our 5th rounder...i would guess another offer would to be to switch 4th rounders and throw them the 5th rounder in to sweeten the deal...com'on casserly let's get this thing done soon

texan279
04-03-2006, 10:30 AM
first of all that story about him wanting to play for the eagles was released last week...we've heard that story and that was before we supposedly had a contract aggreement with moulds...he's in houston today...this democratic report about the bills wanting a 3rd rounder is simply the bills fans hoping for the best...we're offering our 5th rounder...i would guess another offer would to be to switch 4th rounders and throw them the 5th rounder in to sweeten the deal...com'on casserly let's get this thing done soon

The article I posted was from April 1...

rittenhouserobz
04-03-2006, 10:36 AM
Moulds doesn't want to be here. We are his fallback plan. So I don't want him. The Texans better not give up a 3rd for a turd. I had to edit this post. It was a bad reflection of my character. I know I shouldn't be upset with Moulds. It is the Texans that earned the 2-14 record. Maybe I should be more gracious at the invitation of anybody with talent that wants to join the Texans.

el toro
04-03-2006, 10:39 AM
Bills want a 3rd. Texans are offering the 5th. Somehow I don't believe the negotiations are going to drag on that long.

gtexan02
04-03-2006, 10:44 AM
Moulds doesn't want to be here. We are his fallback plan. So I don't want him. The Texans better not give up a 3rd for a turd.

What are you talking about? Moulds said he wanted to play with Donovan McNabb, but never said he didn't want to play here. More than anything Moulds wants to play with an established quarterback and somewhere thats willing to pay him the salary he deserves. He wouldn't be coming to visit today if he didn't want to play here

Caphorn
04-03-2006, 10:46 AM
When would the Bills have to cut Moulds? I'd hate for this to drag out but there's no way I'd want our management to allow the Bills to leverage the publicity this deal has received. In other words, I'd hope nobody in the fanbase holds it against our management if this deal doesn't get done because the Bills take a hardline stance. This is kind of a precarious position to be in at this point. I'd personally stick to the 5th round and no higher. And they could eat sand if they don't want the pick.

dirty steve
04-03-2006, 10:49 AM
because they won't pay the 7.1 mil that he is owed, and the number one WR position is most likely going to Lee Evans in Buffalo.

el toro
04-03-2006, 10:52 AM
I think a 4th round pick will look a lot better than having to pay a player $7 mil+ not to play for you next season.

The trade should be finalized by Wednesday, at the latest.

texansfan1974
04-03-2006, 10:52 AM
Moulds doesn't want to be here. We are his fallback plan. So I don't want him. The Texans better not give up a 3rd for a turd.
We were a 2-14 team last year. So that really don't make Moulds a turd for not wanting to come here. Besides he must want to come here a little bit, because he coming. He will help us win and when we play the Eagles and the Bills he will make them cry for not trying harder too get him/keep him. On the other hand I don't want to give up a 3rd round pick either. I hope we can get him for a 4th or a 5th that would be great. That my :twocents:

aj.
04-03-2006, 11:02 AM
When would the Bills have to cut Moulds? .

July is when his roster bonus is due.

Caphorn
04-03-2006, 11:06 AM
Thanks aj. Seems like the Bills can monkey around with this up to draft day then. I haven't heard of many guys on the FA market right now as proven as Moulds.

By the way, why wouldn't this draft pick deal have been worked on in conjunction with working with Mould's agents? It just seems to give Buffalo too much leverage now knowing that our guys are chomping on the bit to close up a deal they just got in principal (but not in ink).

Exascor
04-03-2006, 11:15 AM
By the way, why wouldn't this draft pick deal have been worked on in conjunction with working with Mould's agents? It just seems to give Buffalo too much leverage now knowing that our guys are chomping on the bit to close up a deal they just got in principal (but not in ink).I'm sure they have been working on the trade with the Bills. It may already be worked out. We just don't know. Either way, the deal wasn't going to happen unless we could agree to terms with Moulds. That is the first step.

As for who has "leverage"...it works both ways. If we are the only team Moulds can get the contract he's looking for then the Bills don't have a lot of leverage at all. I'd say it's about equal if not a little more in our favor.

All speculation anyways and I'm sure we'll find out for sure fairly soon.

Caphorn
04-03-2006, 11:19 AM
As for who has "leverage"...it works both ways. If we are the only team Moulds can get the contract he's looking for then the Bills don't have a lot of leverage at all. I'd say it's about equal if not a little more in our favor.

That sounds like we should be rooting for Bills management. If nobody else wants him at that price . . . uh . . .?????

I am assuming that others want him. Maybe teams who he doesn't have on his shortlist right now. But there's a published number and he and his agents can be working other teams (and should) while the Bills hold out. On the flip side, it's not like the Texans can find somebody like Moulds just sitting out there to put heat on Moulds or the Bills to do the deal. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems that we'd be in the more compromised position here.

HomeBred_Texan
04-03-2006, 11:30 AM
That sounds like we should be rooting for Bills management. If nobody else wants him at that price . . . uh . . .?????

I am assuming that others want him. Maybe teams who he doesn't have on his shortlist right now. But there's a published number and he and his agents can be working other teams (and should) while the Bills hold out. On the flip side, it's not like the Texans can find somebody like Moulds just sitting out there to put heat on Moulds or the Bills to do the deal. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems that we'd be in the more compromised position here.
At his age he is only a quick fix item, not a long term item. A 3rd for someone who does not have 10 years to go in the NFL if ignorant. I wouldnt pay it. 5th or no deal, period...

bigTEXan8
04-03-2006, 11:33 AM
I don't mind giving the Bills a 4th, but I think that a 3rd is pushing it. Bills can't be greedy.

AngusKeenan
04-03-2006, 11:39 AM
I'm sure we could get him for our 2nd or 3rd.

hi all. I'm a bills fan, just wanted to come around and see what you guys were thinking of the moulds deal. I'm pretty sure that Buffalo's only requesting a 4th rounder for him, however, it would be wise to wait until he's released (If we do release him). It's clear that of the teams that want to trade for moulds, your team is his #1 priority, so you guys would get him either way. I'm not sure what Marv Levy is going to do though. There's a lot of mystery about the path he's taking in his first year as GM so far. We'll see i suppose. Good luck in getting moulds at a fair deal, and good luck this season.

vtech9
04-03-2006, 12:07 PM
I don't mind giving the Bills a 4th, but I think that a 3rd is pushing it. Bills can't be greedy.
I wouldn't mind giving up a 4th for him if we had a mid-round pick, but our 4th is the 1st pick of the 2nd day. IMHO, that is too high to give up. Our 5th would be about the same as a low 4th, so I would stick to that. If the Bills don't want to agree with the 5th, then screw 'em, and let them either keep Moulds or release him.

TexanFan881
04-03-2006, 12:08 PM
I would think that the Bills want a fourth and we won't give it to them so they are trying to play with us.

They think since we don't want to give them a 4th rounder they will say give me a third rounder and we'll go okay, you can have the 4th rounder.

Bearfan Blue and Orange
04-03-2006, 12:08 PM
I just wanted to extend the post number, but also wanted to throw something crazy in here as well

What if the Texans were to trade down with the Packers and give them the #1 pick. in return the Packers give Texans Javon Walker and a 3rd or 4th round pick as well...

HMMMMM

The Dude Abides
04-03-2006, 12:10 PM
I just wanted to extend the post number, but also wanted to throw something crazy in here as well

What if the Texans were to trade down with the Packers and give them the #1 pick. in return the Packers give Texans Javon Walker and a 3rd or 4th round pick as well...

HMMMMM
A thousands time no.