PDA

View Full Version : Moulds Trade Official

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9

jacquescas
03-30-2006, 09:05 AM
i know this is the longest i've waitied to see a signing rumor confirmed.

Mike Kerns
03-30-2006, 09:06 AM
Why don't someone call in to 610 & ask them about it ? I can't....Freakin' work !

jgl35
03-30-2006, 09:10 AM
WIP in Philadelphia is the radio station the orginized the bus trip to the draft to boo the Eagles pick if it was anyone but Ricky Williams. Turned out to be McNabb. I know of no one with any knowledge of sports up here that tunes in for anything other then laughs. Take it for what it is worth.

gtexan02
03-30-2006, 09:15 AM
Buchannon's cap number comes strictly from salary. His bonus has to be paid by the team that trades him (which is why we can't just Trade off Wade's high salary). THerefore if Buchannon is cut by us, we take no dead money

thunderkyss
03-30-2006, 09:16 AM
Buchanon's cap number is somewhere in the 800k range, with around $6,000 of that counting as bonus money...We could cut him and only have to eat $6,000...

Man, I'm hoping:
1) that's not true........ I don't know where I got it in my head, that his cap# was high.
2) Kubiak rates him higher than Faggins.Or maybe thinks he'll make a good FS, if we draft a corner.

Buchannon's cap number comes strictly from salary. His bonus has to be paid by the team that trades him (which is why we can't just Trade off Wade's high salary). THerefore if Buchannon is cut by us, we take no dead money

Ahh, I see.

Mike Kerns
03-30-2006, 09:22 AM
Talking about it on 610 now

Mr. White
John and Lance on 610 are checking into it right now.

GhostRaider2006
The 610 guys are finally talking about this.

texanfan2002114
03-30-2006, 09:23 AM
I just got off the Eagles message board and nobody over there thinks that Eric Moulds and the Texans have a deal. They are saying the radio station WIP that reported this is a crappy radio station and this wouldn't be the 1st time they tried to break a story and it turned out to be false.

Mike Kerns
03-30-2006, 09:24 AM
the radio station WIP that reported this is a crappy radio station and this wouldn't be the 1st time they tried to break a story Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

texanfan2002114
03-30-2006, 09:30 AM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Sorry, I just figured I would go over to the Eagles message board and see if they are flipping out and they have 1 thread on Moulds that was started on March 13th with a total of 342 replies. While we have a thread going on here with over 800 replies and they put no importance on the WIP report.

I would be provide the link but you have to registar and I did that last night around 9:30pm and just got my aproval link to get on the site.

Mr. White
03-30-2006, 09:31 AM
My money says he's talking to us to try to drive his price up with the Eagles.

coachdent
03-30-2006, 09:32 AM
http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/14219928.htm

Article by Rich Hoffman in the Philly Daily News today. The fans in Philly very mistrusting of the organization. I heard WIP this morning on the ride in to work. The comment was an offhanded remark by Angelo Cataldi. He said that it looks like they will be announcing that Moulds will be a Houston Texan. No sources. Just him venting. 610 kinda creates a environment of getting fans into a lather of frustration. Caltaldi is an entertainer, not a news man. He has admitted as much. He pushes people's buttons for ratings.

The pulse in Philly is that the Eagles will not get Moulds nor will they get Javon Walker. It is frustration. Not saying he won't be here, but just putting it into perspective.

GhostRaider2006
03-30-2006, 09:33 AM
I just got off the Eagles message board and nobody over there thinks that Eric Moulds and the Texans have a deal. They are saying the radio station WIP that reported this is a crappy radio station and this wouldn't be the 1st time they tried to break a story and it turned out to be false.

But to even things out a little bit the posters on that board attack all the sources of rumors they dont agree with no matter how reliable the source. This one in particular because they don't understand why Moulds would choose us over them. They have a real problem with him choosing us because the view us as a seriously inferior team. They keep saying why would he choose to play with Car when he can play with McNabb.

texanfan2002114
03-30-2006, 09:34 AM
Some of their replies to a guy posting that he just heard from WIP that Moulds and tha Texans have a deal.

estasi
"Do you want my thoughts on whether you should believe anything you hear on that horse ish station, or my thoughts on Moulds possibly going to the Texans?"

WingsOfEagles
"My thoughts are that I would never waste even two seconds of my life listening to those twits on WIP. I think I just gave up too much of my time posting about them. They will never be more than a soap opera sports channel - kind of what ESPN has been trying to become recently."

Mike Kerns
03-30-2006, 09:49 AM
Well, it sounds like all of this has been rumors, so I am going to actually get some work done now...:brickwall

Johnny Utah
03-30-2006, 09:50 AM
My money says he's talking to us to try to drive his price up with the Eagles.

I think you're right.

Overalls
03-30-2006, 10:02 AM
Wouldn't be the first time that has happened.

coachdent
03-30-2006, 10:03 AM
But to even things out a little bit the posters on that board attack all the sources of rumors they dont agree with no matter how reliable the source. This one in particular because they don't understand why Moulds would choose us over them. They have a real problem with him choosing us because the view us as a seriously inferior team. They keep saying why would he choose to play with Carr when he can play with McNabb.

They're wrong because for Moulds it is all about the coin. It could certainly be argued that the Eagles are not the primary Super Bowl contender in the NFC. Some think they'll have trouble in the NFC East, let alone compete for a Super Bowl. With or without Moulds, they has some holes to fill.

He caught 81 balls last year with Losman. He can and would catch at least that in Houston and probably more. He is in a "get out of Buffalo" mode right now. Anywhere is greener grass for Eric.

el toro
03-30-2006, 10:05 AM
Yeah, if he's all about winning there are definitely better spots than Philly to land.

So the local Houston channel 2 was basing their report on the Philly radio jock's "venting"?

coachdent
03-30-2006, 10:05 AM
I think you're right.

Moulds would not be driving up the price for the Eagles. The Texans will set the price. The Eagles will not go over it. There will be no bidding war between the two teams. This isn't the Orlando Pace scenario.

texansfan1974
03-30-2006, 10:10 AM
I thought this was a done deal.Guess we will have to wait a little longer?:brickwall

GhostRaider2006
03-30-2006, 10:13 AM
So the local Houston channel 2 was basing their report on the Philly radio jock's "venting"?

Who knows they cited the philly source but they also said this: "Local 2 sports has been in contact with people close to the Eric Moulds negotiations with the Eagles." Now I don't know if it is true or not but it certainly implies they did some digging of their own. And this news affiliate (KPRC Channel 2 Houston) hasn't been known to put out false info ahead of time just in order to be the first to the scoop. So at this time I will remain cautiously optimstic aboout this.

texansfan1974
Jeremy Foster on 610 just reported that the TEXANS out bided the Eagles.:superman:

Mike Kerns
They are mentioning it on their updates on 610 now. But, nothing new. . .

GP
03-30-2006, 10:14 AM
While I appreciate the idea of a person trying to get a scoop and feed us some secretive news about Moulds, this thread should have been moved to another forum or even deleted.

What a colossal waste of time for all of us...800+ replies and thousands of views all because some shock jock in Philly is trying to get a rise out of his listeners. Looks like his name and fame are getting spread here in Texas, too.

Why wasn't this thread killed off when it became clear that this was more rumor than fact? Heck, it's not even a rumor. It's actually more like a backhanded comment about the Eagles organization.

Wake me up when Moulds signs somewhere.

GhostRaider2006
03-30-2006, 10:18 AM
They're wrong because for Moulds it is all about the coin. It could certainly be argued that the Eagles are not the primary Super Bowl contender in the NFC. Some think they'll have trouble in the NFC East, let alone compete for a Super Bowl. With or without Moulds, they has some holes to fill.

He caught 81 balls last year with Losman. He can and would catch at least that in Houston and probably more. He is in a "get out of Buffalo" mode right now. Anywhere is greener grass for Eric.

I totally agree. They can't seem to get a handle on the fact that the guy is about the money and not the ring right now and it is seriously pissing them off right now.

GhostRaider2006
03-30-2006, 10:20 AM
Why wasn't this thread killed off when it became clear that this was more rumor than fact?

Because it hasn't been proven one way or another what this is.

Bayern
03-30-2006, 10:21 AM
I get the feeling Houston is gonna get this one. Moulds is about the money and even if he was in a ring hunt Houston will get there before the Eagles do. :redtowel:

Bearfan Blue and Orange
03-30-2006, 10:33 AM
I totally agree. They can't seem to get a handle on the fact that the guy is about the money and not the ring right now and it is seriously pissing them off right now.

At this point in Moulds career this will more than likely be his last contract. The money will be there, I do not think Philly is lowballing moulds as much as lowballing Buffalo with a 5th round pick.

If you ask any player in the NFL what they play for... To win a superbowl. I think in the short run Eagles have that chance, although I know if Kube keeps going in the same direction as now, Texans will be fighting there within 2-3 years.

Money is important to Moulds but I think a ring is just as big for him.

One thing that keeps getting to me...
if moulds is unhappy with his role in Buffalo sliding as it seems to #2 and not getting the attention on the field he would like, Why would he come to Houston to be the #2 and never be the #1 as long as AJ is here?? Especially if you look at Philly's WR core he could be the #1 there.

This just seems fishy to me...

keyfro
03-30-2006, 10:38 AM
with us supposedly outbidding the eagles remember deal probably will not be more than the deal they offered to givens being 5yrs and $18mill...is that overpaying a receiver of moulds talents i don't think so...he hasn't had any major injuries...it's been his frustration with the qb situation at buffalo and his lack of confidence in a qb that talks like a girl...i'm sorry but if ya'll have ever heard losman speak he has a very girly voice and it's hard to believe a football team can have confidence in a guy like that

Overalls
03-30-2006, 10:38 AM
At this point with the team I don't think that Moulds will be helping us to any Super Bowl run, but we NEED respect NOW. I would just love to see us get .500 or better.

TEXANRED
03-30-2006, 10:39 AM
While I appreciate the idea of a person trying to get a scoop and feed us some secretive news about Moulds, this thread should have been moved to another forum or even deleted.

What a colossal waste of time for all of us...800+ replies and thousands of views all because some shock jock in Philly is trying to get a rise out of his listeners. Looks like his name and fame are getting spread here in Texas, too.

Why wasn't this thread killed off when it became clear that this was more rumor than fact? Heck, it's not even a rumor. It's actually more like a backhanded comment about the Eagles organization.

Wake me up when Moulds signs somewhere.

This is the same thred we have been viewing and posting on all week.

Only the name changed.

GhostRaider2006
03-30-2006, 10:43 AM
With all of todays players the saying "I'm all about the ring" has almost become a cliche and basic self promoting and image marketing. I mean what do you expect them to say "I'm all about the money". If they do that they are just going to come off looking like a jackass.

[QUOTE= One thing that keeps getting to me...
if moulds is unhappy with his role in Buffalo sliding as it seems to #2 and not getting the attention on the field he would like, Why would he come to Houston to be the #2 and never be the #1 as long as AJ is here?? Especially if you look at Philly's WR core he could be the #1 there.

Here is the thing though we know AJ was the #1 on Cass's and Dom's team. But this is now Kubiac's team and pretty much everything is up in the air now whether we like it or not. We know with the current cast AJ is a #1. How do we know that Kubiac isn't promising this (the #1 reciever slot) to Moulds for the short term to get him to agree to a contract.

justtxyank
03-30-2006, 10:52 AM
Agreed with above. AJ may not necessarily be the number 1 guy on this team next season whether he is officially named that or not.

The other thing is that Moulds had some serious falling out with the team last year that went beyond his desire to get the ball, etc. And even though they changed coaches, it carries over, similarly to how we had to let go of Coleman and Walker.

TEXANRED
03-30-2006, 10:53 AM
At this point with the team I don't think that Moulds will be helping us to any Super Bowl run, but we NEED respect NOW. I would just love to see us get .500 or better.

Moulds just gets open, runs good routs, catches everything thrown at him, and can be counted on in clutch situations. Na. He can't help win division tittles, playsoffs, superbowls.

I will say it again, Carr, AJ, Moulds, DD, Bush, Putzier, Mathis as our burner punt and kickoff returner. I would match that up any day with Manning, Harrison, Wayne, Stockley, who's there running back? Don't have one!? Sucks to be them. Ha Ha.

Look out, Texans may suprise some people this year.

If the Bears can go 3-13 and then 12-4 with a division win, why not the Texans?

Bearfan Blue and Orange
03-30-2006, 10:55 AM
With all of todays players the saying "I'm all about the ring" has almost become a cliche and basic self promoting and image marketing. I mean what do you expect them to say "I'm all about the money". If they do that they are just going to come off looking like a jackass.

Here is the thing though we know AJ was the #1 in Cass's and Dom's team. But this is know Kubiac's team and pretty much everything is up in the air now whether we like it or not. We know with the current cast AJ is a #1. How do we know that Kubiac isn't promising this to Moulds for the short term to get him to agree to a contract.

I think Kube is the type of coach that is straight forward and through the early workouts last week I am sure he talked about his gameplan and hmmm a young #1 Probowl WR not even in his prime with Much more talent than Moulds is going to be asked to step back for someone that is only going to be here for probably 2 years maybe 3? Common sense tells me otherwise.

Bearfan Blue and Orange
03-30-2006, 11:00 AM
Moulds just gets open, runs good routs, catches everything thrown at him, and can be counted on in clutch situations. Na. He can't help win division tittles, playsoffs, superbowls.

I will say it again, Carr, AJ, Moulds, DD, Bush, Putzier, Mathis as our burner punt and kickoff returner. I would match that up any day with Manning, Harrison, Wayne, Stockley, who's there running back? Don't have one!? Sucks to be them. Ha Ha.

Look out, Texans may suprise some people this year.

If the Bears can go 3-13 and then 12-4 with a division win, why not the Texans?

I agree why not if the Bears can... That is the beauty of free agency today. It gives the opportunity to strike lightning in a bottle. Kube has made great strides already with this offseason and adding moulds would be great. The next step is to draft quality players that can step in if one gets injured and not see a dropoff int talent. that is what the Patriots have done over the years. Not to mention not one individual takes the spotlight nor cares as they are playing for the bigger picture (Dynasty of superbowl wins)

GhostRaider2006
03-30-2006, 11:00 AM
I think Kube is the type of coach that is straight forward and through the early workouts last week I am sure he talked about his gameplan and hmmm a young #1 Probowl WR not even in his prime with Much more talent than Moulds is going to be asked to step back for someone that is only going to be here for probably 2 years maybe 3? Common sense tells me otherwise.

Well what else would he say. This is one of the most PR driven sports there is.

TexansCM
03-30-2006, 11:08 AM
I agree why not if the Bears can... That is the beauty of free agency today. It gives the opportunity to strike lightning in a bottle. Kube has made great strides already with this offseason and adding moulds would be great. The next step is to draft quality players that can step in if one gets injured and not see a dropoff int talent. that is what the Patriots have done over the years. Not to mention not one individual takes the spotlight nor cares as they are playing for the bigger picture (Dynasty of superbowl wins)

Texans will make a great turnaround, with all the additions on the field and on the sidelines. The Bears got a little help with the NFC North a cupcake division this year. Titans made upgrades, Jags are still rising and the Colts are the Colts. 6 tough games just in the conference this year.

GhostRaider2006
03-30-2006, 11:09 AM
By the way if you want to listen to the 610WIP Live feed in Philly here is the link:

http://www.610wip.com/

justtxyank
03-30-2006, 11:11 AM
I won't go predicting a division title.

If however we draft Vince Young, we will not only win the division and the Superbowl, but also the FIFA World Cup, the World Series, and the NBA championships.

Afterall, Vince Young counted to infinity...twice. :superman:

(sorry, couldn't help myself) :brickwall

CoastalTexan
03-30-2006, 11:17 AM
And you joined in Jan 2006 so your most likely serious.

justtxyank
03-30-2006, 11:17 AM
And you joined in Jan 2006 so your most likely serious.

No...not at all. It was extreme sarcasm.

2 CENTS
03-30-2006, 11:20 AM
I think we would be willing to pay Moulds more than Givens. Moulds is a Proven Veteran. Where as I veiw Givens as a Real good WR and has great potential to develope into a Good # 1 WR. I see Moulds as a PROVEN # 1 WR. I don't think it matters who is named our # 1 WR both AJ & Moulds will get Plenty of balls thrown to them. If I was a defensive cooridinater which one would I double cover? Pick your Poison. Either one of these guys can BURN YOU!!!!

justtxyank
03-30-2006, 11:21 AM
I think we would be willing to pay Moulds more than Givens. Moulds is a Proven Veteran. Where as I veiw Givens as a Real good WR and has great potential to develope into a Good # 1 WR. I see Moulds as a PROVEN # 1 WR. I don't think it matters who is named our # 1 WR both AJ & Moulds will get Plenty of balls thrown to them. If I was a defensive cooridinater which one would I double cover? Pick your Poison. Either one of these guys can BURN YOU!!!!

You're right. Moulds has proven to be a top notch starter while Givens has been a good a complimentary receiver in the New England system.

gtexan02
03-30-2006, 11:52 AM
Moulds will require AT LEAST a top notch corner, and usually safety help, while Givens could probably be covered one on one. If nothing else, having Moulds will stop the safeties from blitzing so often!

Vinny
03-30-2006, 12:01 PM
Moulds Done Deal to Texans
Posted: March 29, 2006
Hi folks. Local 2 sports has been in contact with people close to the Eric Moulds negotiations with the Eagles. Late Wednesday afternoon The "WIP" sports radio station in Philly is reporting that Moulds and his agent have come to terms with the Texans on a contract extension. Now both the Texans and Bills are working out details on a trade that will get him to Houston.

More tonight on KPRC Local 2 Sports at 10

Randy Mc
randysrants@click2houston.com
http://www.click2houston.com/randysblog/index.html

justtxyank
03-30-2006, 12:06 PM
ESPN reports deal could come today (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2390132)

Talks between the Bills and two teams are heating up to a point that an Eric Moulds trade could happen as early as Thursday.

The Texans and Eagles appear to have the lead and both teams are expecting quick decisions.

Bills general manager Marv Levy has talked with Moulds and even though he wants him to take a pay cut and stay, he's willing to part ways with the wide receiver in a trade.

Moulds will have to restructure his contract for the new teams and that doesn't appear to be a problem. He will probably make about $8 million over the first two years of a new deal, similar to what Keyshawn Johnson received from the Carolina Panthers.

Moulds, a 10-year veteran and the Bills' senior player, has two years left on his contract, but was scheduled to count about $10.8 million against the salary cap next year. The Bills deem that figure too expensive but have failed in their bid to have the receiver restructure his contract.

Moulds, who is scheduled to make $7.1 million next season, has rejected the Bills' demands, believing there are other teams willing to match the salary. Buffalo would save about $5.5 million in salary cap space by releasing Moulds.

Moulds was Buffalo's first-round pick in the 1996 draft and has been a full-time starter since his third season. In 154 games, he has 675 catches for 9,096 yards and 48 touchdowns. Only Andre Reed has more catches (941) and yards (13,095) among Bills receivers.

ESPN still seems to be of the opinion the Eagles are in this.

Mike Kerns
03-30-2006, 12:09 PM
Old "News"

Mightymike
03-30-2006, 12:12 PM
http://www.hotsaucesports.com/2006/03/moulds-to-texans-nfl-notes.asp

Bearfan Blue and Orange
03-30-2006, 12:17 PM
Texans will make a great turnaround, with all the additions on the field and on the sidelines. The Bears got a little help with the NFC North a cupcake division this year. Titans made upgrades, Jags are still rising and the Colts are the Colts. 6 tough games just in the conference this year.

What abou thte year under Dick juron when we were 13-3 I do not recall cupcake that year

TexansCM
03-30-2006, 12:40 PM
What abou thte year under Dick juron when we were 13-3 I do not recall cupcake that year
What is your point. I posted about all the moves the Texans are making to turn the team around. Bears went from 5-11 to 11-5 in one year (Vikes, Pack and Lions all where bad last year). Bears 13-3 year was also after a 5-11 season and a year after the 13 win season the Bears won 4. So I predict the Bears win 5 to 7 this year based on the history.

Back on topic, Texans, Go get Moulds!

powerfuldragon
03-30-2006, 12:59 PM

What should we trade for him?

Vinny
03-30-2006, 01:04 PM
What should we trade for him?5th rounder. We are paying for his future, not his past. Just mo, but I think the first pick on the second day of the draft is too valuable for a player who will end up getting cut (by the Bills). Since we likely overpay him, I think we double dip ourselves by giving away what amounts to the a pick that is only one slot away from a first day selection. I'd rather try to trade it for someone's 3 next year if we are not going to use it. Moulds or not. The money and cap hit will be enough for me.

Overalls
03-30-2006, 01:11 PM
ESPN.com just posted a story about a deal being close, but they say the Eagles are in the mix.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2390132

gtexan02
03-30-2006, 01:20 PM
Just to fuel the fire, heres what kffl.com has recently reported:

Eagles | Gaining more interest in Moulds?
Thu, 30 Mar 2006 10:03:01 -0800

ESPNews reports the Philadelphia Eagles are turning up their interest in Buffalo Bills WR Eric Moulds, who remains on the trading block.

thunderkyss
03-30-2006, 01:24 PM
Not to mention we'll be playing the NFC East, Giants, Cowboys, Skins, and Philly.

And the AFC East... Pats, Dolphins(Culpepper)

This is the NFL, any given sunday, and all that..... but dayummmm.

Texans34Life
03-30-2006, 01:25 PM
I guess all the B.S. floating around that we grabbed him already has sparked interested in the flippin' Birds. Great....

whiterhino
03-30-2006, 01:26 PM
hey there texan fans,

i'm a bills fan, but since i am under temporary ban from their message board i figured i'd come here to see what the chatter was on moulds.

from what we are hearing up here, the texans and moulds' agent have agreed to a 3yr/15 million dollar contract. some rumors have been circulating that the eagles, pats, seahawks, and broncos have also lobbied for moulds' services, but the texans are the first team to agree to terms with the agent. houston would be a good fit for him because his mother lives in the area. bills gm marv levy is asking for a 4th round pick as compensation.

as far as productivity, moulds still has something left in the tank. he is 32, but so is terrell owens (marvin harrison is 33), so guys at wr can still be productive at that age. moulds is a good team guy and leader. he is a big physical wr, who can be very productive in the slot or in goaline packages. he would could go a long way in opening up the texans offense in drawing the double team off of johnson. he would give the texans a 1-2 punch similar to that of holt/bruce of the rams. with their new offensive minded head coach, if the houston can pick up moulds, draft reggie bush, and address the o-line, they will be looking pretty mean on offense this up and cominng season.

uhcougar08
03-30-2006, 01:32 PM
hey there texan fans,

i'm a bills fan, but since i am under temporary ban from their message board i figured i'd come here to see what the chatter was on moulds.

from what we are hearing up here, the texans and moulds' agent have agreed to a 3yr/15 million dollar contract. some rumors have been circulating that the eagles, pats, seahawks, and broncos have also lobbied for moulds' services, but the texans are the first team to agree to terms with the agent. houston would be a good fit for him because his mother lives in the area. bills gm marv levy is asking for a 4th round pick as compensation.

as far as productivity, moulds still has something left in the tank. he is 32, but so is terrell owens (marvin harrison is 33), so guys at wr can still be productive at that age. moulds is a good team guy and leader. he is a big physical wr, who can be very productive in the slot or in goaline packages. he would could go a long way in opening up the texans offense in drawing the double team off of johnson. he would give the texans a 1-2 punch similar to that of holt/bruce of the rams. with their new offensive minded head coach, if the houston can pick up moulds, draft reggie bush, and address the o-line, they will be looking pretty mean on offense this up and cominng season.

Thanks for the info. What is the feel about him leaving Buffalo?

Mailman04
03-30-2006, 01:33 PM
Hey man, thanks for the heads up on Moulds. Very good info and I hope he is a Texan. They need another WR and I don't worry about age at that position, maybe at RB, but not WR.

gtexan02
03-30-2006, 01:49 PM
If we got Moulds for a 4th and at 3years/15million I would be ecstatic. I think he has at least 2, probably 3 solid years left of top game, and his veteran leadership will be invaluable (well $15). That is a salary I can definitely deal with

SnakeOilTanker
03-30-2006, 01:51 PM
why did you get banned from the bills board?

keyfro
03-30-2006, 02:07 PM
at 3 yrs 15 million i don't think that's really overpaying a receiver that at any point could end up being our number 1 receiver given that andre had some injury problems last year...this fills our biggest need on offense as well...and as an added bonus he is a veteran guy who we don't have to worry about him meeting his potential anymore we just have to find away to get him the ball...keep in mind last year he had very productive games with kelly holcomb as his qb...his production fell whenever jp losman was at qb...and over those odds he still came close to getting his 1000yds...with no qb shuffle here he would probably be able to be a productive reciever like jimmy smith of the jags well into his 30's...i beleive j. smith is something like 37 yrs old and still getting it done in j.ville

TexanFan881
03-30-2006, 02:08 PM
Texans | One of two teams favored to land Moulds
Thu, 30 Mar 2006 10:37:42 -0800

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports trade talks are heating up with the Buffalo Bills regarding WR Eric Moulds. A trade could be completed as soon as Thursday, March 30. The Houston Texans are considered one of two teams favored to land Moulds. Moulds will have to restructure his contract for the Texans and that doesn't appear to be a problem.

Eagles | One of two teams favored to land Moulds
Thu, 30 Mar 2006 10:35:15 -0800

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports trade talks are heating up with the Buffalo Bills regarding WR Eric Moulds. A trade could be completed as soon as Thursday, March 30. The Philadelphia Eagles are considered one of two teams favored to land Moulds. Moulds will have to restructure his contract for the Eagles and that doesn't appear to be a problem.

More information. With the long list of WRs available, I think that Moulds is the last one on the list. We need to get him if we are going to get a #2 WR from trading or free agency. I don't get why the Eagles would need him with an upcoming group of young WRs

Mike Kerns
03-30-2006, 02:10 PM
C'mon Texans:redtowel: Don't get Beltran'd !

texanskan
03-30-2006, 02:12 PM
this has been a very very good offseason!

CC and his staff take alot of hits and they deserve most of them but if we pull off this deal he needs to get some credit!

ThaShark316
03-30-2006, 02:13 PM
I think from now on....Houston fans will be thinking every FA (or Trade ) that's being discussed is strictly for that player and his agent to use one of our teams.

keyfro
03-30-2006, 02:17 PM
well with the recent free agent hits this city has taken how can't we...carlos beltran and his agent pretty much suckered the stros...pace pretty much used us to get his deal in st. louis...and now we have this moulds trade where if it doesn't go our way it'll seem like moulds and his agent were using the texans to head to phili

Texan in Japan
03-30-2006, 02:18 PM
5th rounder. We are paying for his future, not his past. Just mo, but I think the first pick on the second day of the draft is too valuable for a player who will end up getting cut (by the Bills). Since we likely overpay him, I think we double dip ourselves by giving away what amounts to the a pick that is only one slot away from a first day selection. I'd rather try to trade it for someone's 3 next year if we are not going to use it. Moulds or not. The money and cap hit will be enough for me.

Agree. I don't want to give up the 4 this yr. However, I would give them our 4th pick next yr.

thunderkyss
03-30-2006, 02:18 PM
well with the recent free agent hits this city has taken how can't we...carlos beltran and his agent pretty much suckered the stros...pace pretty much used us to get his deal in st. louis...and now we have this moulds trade where if it doesn't go our way it'll seem like moulds and his agent were using the texans to head to phili

I'm lost on the Bletran thing....... what happened there??

keyfro
03-30-2006, 02:22 PM
well trying not to get too off topic here...but from what i understand beltrans agent pretty much told the stros that they would be operating under good faith with them and then went straight to new york due to the ability to get more commericials and took a deal with the mets that was similiar to the one the stros offered to them...but with all that i still think we'll land moulds off the fact that his family is closer to houston than to phili and at this point in his career he is probably wanting to be closer to his family

RedTex
03-30-2006, 02:37 PM
does anyone have ESPN insider???? They posted something about the Texans and eagles closing in on Moulds in their rumor central.

TexanFan881
03-30-2006, 02:38 PM
Right now all we can do is hope. I am giving the Front Office all of my confidence and trust in getting Moulds down to Houston for the next few years. AJ + Moulds + Mathis + Walter + Armstrong = one of the best recieving cores in the league, if we get Moulds. Our problem is that we have a lot of players right now capable of being a #3 WR, but none that are good enough to be a solid #2 WR, and that's why Eric would help us a lot.

barzilla
03-30-2006, 02:39 PM
Why not give up a 6 this year with a conditional pick next year. Let them have a 3rd in 2007 if he gets 1000 recieving yards, 4th if he gets 800-999, 5th if he gets 600-800, and 6th if he gets less than 600. That way they get two picks out of the deal. If he does great then surrendering a 3rd next year doesn't seem so bad (since it will likely be a pick in the middle to lower part of the round) and they get a lot more than anyone is willing to give them now. If he sucks you lose two six rounders (no biggee). If he is in between it is a pretty fair deal for all sides.

Mike Kerns
03-30-2006, 02:41 PM
AJ + Moulds + Mathis + Walter + Armstrong = one of the best recieving cores in the league

You forgot Putzier & Reggie in the Slot :redtowel:

keyfro
03-30-2006, 02:42 PM
i could live with that

bigTEXan8
03-30-2006, 02:52 PM
I think that Moulds could do what McCardell is doing with San Diego. Check this, when McCardell was 35 he put up these #s:
Catches 70
Yards 917
Avg 13.1
Long 54
TD 9
Now Moulds, who is a little bit younger, will probably prosper being in a new location, like what SD did for McCardell.

JAXwithanX
03-30-2006, 02:53 PM
does anyone have ESPN insider???? They posted something about the Texans and eagles closing in on Moulds in their rumor central.

This is all it says in ESPN Insider

Texans, Eagles closing in on Moulds?
<Mar. 30> According to ESPN.com's John Clayton, Moulds could be traded as early as Thursday. The Texans and Eagles have emerged as the frontrunners. Both teams want a quick resolution. Bills general manager Marv Levy wants Moulds to take a pay cut and stay, but is willing to part ways with him in a trade.

Moulds will have to restructure his contract for his new team, which doesn't appear to be a problem. He will probably make about $8 million over the first two years of a new deal, similar to what Keyshawn Johnson received from the Carolina Panthers.

Dr. Toro
03-30-2006, 03:04 PM
ESPN 790 reporting a deal is done between Texans/Moulds and Texans/Bills, details to come this weekend.

Mike Kerns
03-30-2006, 03:05 PM
This weeknd ??? :drool:

ccdude730
03-30-2006, 03:07 PM
are we finally going to get things official? im tired of the suspense from last night

Texans Pride
03-30-2006, 03:09 PM
This has been a rollercoaster! I hope the source for ESPN isn't the wip station in Philly!

Mike Kerns
03-30-2006, 03:10 PM
This has been a rollercoaster! I hope the source for ESPN isn't the wip station in Philly!
You read my mind !

Dr. Toro
03-30-2006, 03:11 PM
They cut into the Astros game to announce it, so I imagine they have pretty solid info.

Mike Kerns
03-30-2006, 03:13 PM
They cut into the Astros game to announce it
Seriously ? Wow.......That does sound solid, or they would have just done what they have been doing on the ticker all day. <fingers crossed>

DoCRoN
03-30-2006, 03:14 PM
ESPN 790 reporting a deal is done between Texans/Moulds and Texans/Bills, details to come this weekend.

If a deal is done, shouldn't details be available before that?? :confused:

Mike Kerns
03-30-2006, 03:21 PM
On 610am, they are still only saying that 610 in philly are the only ones reporting it...:brickwall

TexanFan881
03-30-2006, 03:23 PM

Has anyone else heard this?

ccdude730
03-30-2006, 03:24 PM
i have the television on espn news and my awesome BOTTOMLINE ticker on. nothing as of yet.

only women and football can cause me to get this worked up....so much drama

GhostRaider2006
03-30-2006, 03:25 PM
Here is ESPN 790 live feed:
http://www.790kbme.com/main.html

TexanFan881
03-30-2006, 03:27 PM
Here is ESPN 790 live feed:
http://www.790kbme.com/main.html

Do you think they'll mention it again?

TexanFan881
03-30-2006, 03:28 PM
On their website it has an article:

How long is it going to take for him to sign the contract, we've been waiting for this for what feels like years now.

GhostRaider2006
03-30-2006, 03:28 PM
No idea but I am listening. If they mention it I will post. They should switch over to local a 3:00pm central time and we should here something then.

barzilla
03-30-2006, 03:29 PM
Here's the full story (not much more but explains the delay)

http://www.790kbme.com/cc-common/mainheadlines3.html?feed=121311&article=395219

texanskan
03-30-2006, 03:29 PM
Yes!

Great offseason!

It's football time in Houston!

TexanFan881
03-30-2006, 03:30 PM
Yes!

Great offseason!

I wouldn't get too excited about getting Moulds just yet, I definately need conformation this time.

Dr. Toro
03-30-2006, 03:32 PM
Yes!

Great offseason!

Agreed, this move and offseason frees up the Texans to take the BPA, whoever they determine it is.

Mike Kerns
03-30-2006, 03:33 PM
That's a much more reliable source, but I wont get excited until I see it on NFL Total Access or Sportscenter....Or this really cool Bottomline Ticker :)

ccdude730
03-30-2006, 03:35 PM
What bottomline ticker?
a gift from the gods

its amazing....

TexanFan881
03-30-2006, 03:35 PM
What bottomline ticker?

Check about 10 pages back. It's the ESPN bottomline ticker that's on ESPNews except it's for your computer :drool:

Porky
03-30-2006, 03:36 PM
:redtowel: :highfive: :wow: :party:

DoCRoN
03-30-2006, 03:38 PM
Check about 10 pages back. It's the ESPN bottomline ticker that's on ESPNews except it's for your computer :drool:

I can't believe I had never heard of this "BottomLine" before. I showed my boss (an avid Broncos fan) and he had never seen it either. Now we're both streaming w/ BottomLine. I must admit, I did customize it to cut out quite a few sports (namely soccer)! :shocked

Mike Kerns
03-30-2006, 03:39 PM
I emailed Charlie Palillo about this. He almost always replies to all emails. Looking forward to putting this to rest. Go Texans:texans:

TexanFan881
03-30-2006, 03:39 PM
Yes!

Great offseason!

lol, let's look back at last years offseason comments. here's a good one to sum things up:

We should of addressed the O Line during the offseason!
We needed to get a respectable #2 wide reciever!
We deserve RESPECT!
Gary Walker has nothing left in the tank!
Something about TJ!
Chris Palmer has no clue what he's doing!
Timing routs will get our recievers open!
Cant believe we lost Glenn and Sharper!
Gaffney will emerge as a solid #2!
Bradford who?
Mathis will start!
No he wont!
The O-Line just needs time to gel!
PBuc will get burned deep!
No he wont!
Give DD a new contract!
Replace DD with Morency!
Youth and speed all over on the D!
WE SUCK!
NO WE DONT!
AHHHHH!!! will it ever end?!!!

Mike Kerns
03-30-2006, 03:44 PM
Geez, I put it on ESPN 790 to hear the flash update & the Astros have scored 9 runs this inning....Bittersweet.....:rolleyes:

TexansMVP
03-30-2006, 03:45 PM
This is sounding to good to be true. The Texans are having a great offseason. :ok: :yahoo: :redtowel:

dhaNim
03-30-2006, 03:45 PM
I can't believe I had never heard of this "BottomLine" before. I showed my boss (an avid Broncos fan) and he had never seen it either. Now we're both streaming w/ BottomLine. I must admit, I did customize it to cut out quite a few sports (namely soccer)! :shocked
the ESPN Ticker has actually been out for almost 2 years now. they were promoting it on their homepage when it first came out for a couple of months. since then they have stopped. maybe they should promote it more if its that popular. the only problem i had with it is that it takes a little longer to get the news on it than it does on the channel itselfor espn.com. so i was finding out the news before it was even on the ticker.

flappst
03-30-2006, 03:46 PM

How do you customize it to cut out things

texansfan88
03-30-2006, 03:50 PM
can someone just repost that link? i cant find it on any of those "10 pages back" pages

DoCRoN
How do you customize it to cut out things
There is that gray double circle in the middle of the orange ticker bar (it turns green when you hover). Click on it & it opens up small window. You can check/uncheck what you wish! :redtowel:

DoCRoN
can someone just repost that link? i cant find it on any of those "10 pages back" pages

http://espn.go.com/bottomline

flappst
03-30-2006, 03:54 PM
There is that gray double circle in the middle of the orange ticker bar (it turns green when you hover). Click on it & it opens up small window. You can check/uncheck what you wish! :redtowel:

Thanks

jacquescas
03-30-2006, 04:06 PM
does anyone know if it was a 4th or 5th rounder?

jacquescas
03-30-2006, 04:09 PM
and i can't wait until this get hijacked int a VY Carr thread.

by the way i heard VY was in buffalo throwing with Moulds already building a rapport with him. :pigfly:

Dr. Toro
03-30-2006, 04:10 PM
4 years $12 mil..... nice work team. Pending physical, verbal agreement, per Delotti.

ccdude730
03-30-2006, 04:12 PM
4 years $12 mil..... nice work team.
whoa whoa whoa

where did you hear this?

and if thats true then :redtowel: :redtowel:

Mike Kerns
03-30-2006, 04:13 PM
Palillo emailed me back about Moulds:

Should be official Monday.

CP
:yahoo:

TEXANS84
03-30-2006, 04:17 PM
Great news. The guys up at WIP were extremely confident in their insider.

Diehardtexan
Mould is coming to Houston

TEXANS84
The Houston Texans and Buffalo Bills have agreed on a trade that brings veteran wide receiver Eric Moulds to Houston.
Thursday, March 30, 2006
Moulds has agreed to a multi-year contract with the Texans, but the deal won’t become official until he signs his new pact.
The 32-year-old Moulds caught 81 passes for 816 yards and four touchdowns for the 5-11 Bills last season.

From espn790.com

ccdude730
03-30-2006, 04:20 PM
i am very excited to hear that if the numbers are correct we are getting a great deal on him.

im praying that it was our 5th instead of our 4th though. if not ill find a way to get over it

TexanFan881
03-30-2006, 04:20 PM
Sounds pretty official to me. Not really suprised we bet out Phili considering they really wanted him. For wanting Keyshawn money, how did he accept a 4 year 12 million dollar contract with us?

Mr. White
03-30-2006, 04:21 PM
That's huge. The biggest name we've gotten yet. Should bring some leadership to the locker room. I've officially bought in.

:redtowel:

texanfan2002114
03-30-2006, 04:23 PM
Eagle fans and their message board won't and don't think a deal is done until they see it on espn.com or kffl.com. They have guys watching espnews and updating their site evey 5 minutes.

TexanFan881
03-30-2006, 04:23 PM
Even though it won't be official shouldn't ESPN have something about it soon (as in within the day)?

bigTEXan8
03-30-2006, 04:24 PM
I sure hope that the Texans have him. Best FA addition in Texans history. I don't know...I'm just yammering...

TexanFan881
03-30-2006, 04:25 PM
Eagle fans and their message board won't and don't think a deal is done until they see it on espn.com or kffl.com. They have guys watching espnews and updating their site evey 5 minutes.

I wouldn't either but I am going to trust these guys conisering it's the third different source saying this and it was reported on ESPN radio.

rmartin65
03-30-2006, 04:29 PM
Anybody know wat pick we traded?

Mike Kerns
03-30-2006, 04:30 PM
http://www.billsdaily.com/images/02pics/season/mouldscin.jpg Welcome to Houston ! :redtowel: :drool: :yahoo:

Texans34Life
03-30-2006, 04:32 PM
Finally, the wait is over. Hopefully he will be a great asset to our WR core.

ccdude730
03-30-2006, 04:33 PM
welcome to houston - but with a different number, if im not mistaken #80 is already taken

AJExplosion80
03-30-2006, 04:35 PM
It sounds official to me and I am excited to have Emo in the house with AJ.....Should be nice and exciting to finally have weapons and we signed a good TE which makes it all the better. Go Texans and CC. I am glad we got someone like Kubiak who wants to improve the team and doesn't just sit around on their hands like Capers:redtowel:

Mike Kerns
03-30-2006, 04:36 PM
I dont care what number he wears. All I care is that it will be a Texans Uni ! :redtowel:

TexanFan881
03-30-2006, 04:36 PM
I really hope this extremely long rollercoaster is over.

Mike Kerns
03-30-2006, 04:38 PM
Kubiak must be one hell of a salesman! Only one we've lost is Givens & I would take Moulds over him any day:yahoo: Getting pretty excited!

TexanFan881
03-30-2006, 04:42 PM
Where the heck did Eric Moulds get the nickname Emo and since when? I have never heard that in my life.

Bayern
Excuse my pessimism but I find myself waiting for the other shoe to drop! :cool:

The moment anyone has any numbers please post them!

swtbound07
Three cheers! this freaking rocks

Dunta_23
03-30-2006, 04:43 PM
If its a 5th im going to be VERY happy, if its a 4th i'll still be happy but the 1st pick of the 2nd day is always a good one...

texanfan2002114
03-30-2006, 04:43 PM
Three cheers! this freaking rocks

I'm waiting to hear from 610 in houston or espn or kffl.

keyfro
03-30-2006, 04:44 PM
while i'll agree that this is a huge pick up for us i'm gonna hold my excitement til i hear what the draft compensation is for him

Bear
610 just said deal was done subject to physical.

Mike Kerns
610 is always slow

TexanFan881
03-30-2006, 04:45 PM

Yes! :redtowel: :redtowel: :redtowel: Thanks for the info

:drool:

ccdude730
03-30-2006, 04:45 PM
The moment anyone has any numbers please post them!
on the last page, a poster had reported hearing a 4 year, $12 million deal

texanfan2002114
03-30-2006, 04:46 PM
someone on the eagles message board just said that Sirus NFL confirmed the 4 years 12 million!!

TexanFan881
03-30-2006, 04:46 PM

Did they say anything else or just that the deal was done? Also, is there a live stream for 610?

ccdude730
03-30-2006, 04:47 PM
could i do the physical?

temp, blood pressure, and vision are good enough for me

ccdude730
03-30-2006, 04:49 PM
i am curious about the draft pick we gave up, but still they worked out a great deal on the extension with moulds

texansfan88
if victor riley could pass our physical, eric moulds can.

texanfan2002114
if victor riley could pass our physical, eric moulds can.

thats pretty funny!!

keyfro
03-30-2006, 04:51 PM
haha...well it's easy to pass a physical when they don't take body composition in mind for a physical...otherwise there is no way victor riley could pass dude had to be something like 30% fat

mexican_texan
03-30-2006, 04:52 PM
Where the heck did Eric Moulds get the nickname Emo and since when? I have never heard that in my life.
1st letter of first name and first two or three letters of last name.
Ex.
T-Mac
J-Ho
D-Nab

swtbound07
03-30-2006, 04:52 PM
haha...well it's easy to pass a physical when they don't take body composition in mind for a physical...otherwise there is no way victor riley could pass dude had to be something like 30% fat

and 70 percent lazy?

keyfro
03-30-2006, 04:53 PM
for those of you who don't have espn insider (i don't either) here is the article over eric moulds no longer being a speed burner

Insider
Joyner
By KC Joyner
ESPN Insider
Archive

The only player to have generated significant interest around the league despite not being a free agent is Eric Moulds. Moulds has a $10.85 million cap number for the 2006 season, and the Bills have given him permission to seek a trade. As many as seven teams reportedly are interested in him.

One of the reasons Moulds wants to be traded is his unhappiness with the way he was used during the 2005 season. Moulds did catch 81 passes last year, ranking him 15th in the league in that category. However, he gained only 816 yards, 33rd in the league, and the 10.1 yards per reception ranked him 74th in the AFC. These numbers are down from his 2004 totals of 88 catches, 1,043 yards and 11.9 yards per reception.

The reduction in production would seem to suggest that Moulds has a legitimate complaint. I decided to conduct a metric analysis to see how his 2005 numbers compared with those of previous seasons.

First, here are his receiving metrics from the 2005 season:

Eric Moulds- 2005
Depth Attempts Comp Yards TD INT Pen Yds/Att
Short 91 68 545 2 1 9 6.1
Medium 20 10 167 0 1 4 8.6
Deep 17 3 104 2 1 20 7.3
Total 128 81 816 4 3 33 6.6

Now take a look at Moulds' 2004 metrics:

Eric Moulds- 2004
Depth Att Comp Yds TD INT Pen Yds/Att
Short 100 68 644 1 1 5 6.5
Medium 24 14 208 2 2 -5 8.5
Deep 24 6 191 2 3 28 9.1
Total 148 88 1043 5 6 28 7.2

These numbers are largely identical, particularly if we keep in mind that Moulds played in only 15 games in 2005 because of his suspension for violating team policy.

It might look as though the Bills were using Moulds more as a short pass receiver in 2005, but his role was almost identical in 2004. Last season, Moulds averaged 6.1 short pass attempts per game, compared with 6.3 in 2004. Moulds actually helped himself in this category by improving his short pass completion percentage by nearly 7percent from 2004 to 2005.

Moulds wants people to believe his vertical pass attempts were reduced last year, and he is technically correct. It was reduced from 48 medium/deep pass attempts in 2004 to 37 in 2005, but you have to factor in the difference in games. Once you factor that in, it only amounts to a .5 difference in attempts per game.

The reason Moulds doesn't catch many deep passes is he simply doesn't get open deep. One of the things I measure on every pass play is the degree to which the receiver was open. I track the number of steps a receiver was open by and whether the defender had what I term good coverage or tight coverage.

Calculating the number of steps is fairly basic. I simply look for the separation between the receiver and defender when the pass is thrown. Determining the quality of the coverage is more subjective. When a defender has good coverage, it will take a perfect pass by the quarterback to beat him. When a defender has tight coverage, even a perfect pass likely will not beat him.

During the 2004 season, Moulds ranked 85th out of 87 qualifying receivers in tight-good coverage percentage on deep passes. Moulds had tight or good coverage against him on 62.5 percent of his deep pass attempts that season, meaning it was highly unlikely the pass was going to be completed because he simply wasn't open.

His deep pass coverage metrics weren't much better in 2005. Moulds had tight or good coverage against him on nine of his 17 deep pass attempts, which equates to 53 percent of his deep passes.

Moulds still can be a significant player for the right team, provided he can accept the role his current skill set dictates he should fill. The Bills certainly still could use him as a possession receiver. The Texans are rumored to be very interested in Moulds, and they certainly could use a strong No. 2 receiver to complement Andre Johnson. The Eagles, Chiefs, 49ers, Broncos and Seahawks also certainly could use a reliable possession receiver.

The ball is in Moulds' court. If he markets himself as a possession receiver, he will have plenty of options. If he insists on being paid as a vertical threat, most teams are going to lose interest.

TexanFan881
03-30-2006, 04:53 PM
1st letter of first name and first two or three letters of last name.
Ex.
T-Mac
J-Ho
D-Nab

Has he had this for awhile or did we just make it up for him :)

AJExplosion80
03-30-2006, 04:54 PM
172 people viewing this thread alone that shows the interest in getting Moulds.

mexican_texan
03-30-2006, 04:56 PM
Has he had this for awhile or did we just make it up for him :)
It applies to anyone. But I finally understand that the Bills don't have an Emu.

DoCRoN
03-30-2006, 05:00 PM
Did they say anything else or just that the deal was done? Also, is there a live stream for 610?

Yes - http://www.sportsradio610.com/

There's a link on their main page to listen live online...

BrianC
03-30-2006, 05:01 PM
unless the O-Line is absolutely horrible(which the shouldnt be) Carr has no excuse now and thats fantastic that weve surrounded him w/ such great talent, im so excited for this season!!!!:yahoo:

TexanFan881
03-30-2006, 05:02 PM
Yes - http://www.sportsradio610.com/

There's a link on their main page to listen live online...

Thanks!

GhostRaider2006
03-30-2006, 05:03 PM
Anyone watching the Eagles board they have literally self destructed. It is funny as hell over there right now.

Here is the link to their Moulds thread:
http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/index.php?showtopic=318009&st=2160

Man talk about denial.

texanfan2002114
03-30-2006, 05:05 PM
Anyone watching the Eagles board they have literally self destructed. It is funny as hell over there right now.

Man talk about denial.

I have been watching them over the last hour and they are funny as ***** to read. They have over 110 pages and over 2100 replies just on eric moulds.

Mr. White
03-30-2006, 05:07 PM

Man talk about denial.

Could you copy and paste some comments? The board makes you register in order to view comments.

swtbound07
03-30-2006, 05:09 PM

Man talk about denial.

wow...it doesnt even let you view their board unless you register. What exactly are they hiding?

Mr. White
I have been watching them over the last hour and they are funny as ***** to read. They have over 110 pages and over 2100 replies just on eric moulds.

IMO, they needed him more than we did. Gaffney's the only FA WR they could come up with.

I'll take it, though.

ccdude730
well according to the espn insider article, are we assuming that he can continue to be a verticle threat? is the article hogwash?

i dont watch many bills games obviously

DRIFTAWAY
03-30-2006, 05:10 PM
this is very good news and improves our team by a alot for next year.. CANT WAIT SHOULD BE FUN

Titanman9
03-30-2006, 05:10 PM
You guys will still suck no o-line and no qb and a def that can't stop a high school team

texanfan2002114
03-30-2006, 05:11 PM
1)"why would moulds sign for only 3 mil a year

he could of made more takinga pay cut in buffalo

and buffalo will win just as many if not more games this year than houston

houston sucks"

2)please tell me we are not that f'n cheap!!

3)Unless Matt is BSing, this is done now, Sirius is definitely credible. They must of offered a better pick or a large bonus, I wonder how much that was...

Still can't believe we got beat out by the terrible a** Texans...

4)we got beat out by the 2-14 texans.........i know alot of you are diehards who hold out hope til the last second...but sometimes you just gotta keep it real.

5)Freakin' A...this kinda sucks.

Ah well. We'll be OK. He can go to Houston and have a 4-12 season. And make the same amount that he would've made here.

Nice job, Eric.

Meloy
03-30-2006, 05:11 PM
It is 4 pm and Mark V said Casserly on plane with contract, BUT NOT SIGNED as Bills yet to accept the trade. Mark voiced it "should be a done deal soon." He then corrected himself saying things like this can go wrong. Sounded to me if Eric has accepted an offer and Bills have to accept what ever pick for trade to be completed. Probably run it by Eagles one last time. Sport updt said Texans office tells 610 moments ago.. no deal done at this time.

BrianC
03-30-2006, 05:12 PM
You guys will still suck no o-line and no qb and a def that can't stop a high school team

what great contribution:brickwall

keyfro
hey titanboy stick to your own team who has more problems that we do

as for moulds he has become more of a possession receiver...think derrick mason or muhammad type player now

Grid

:yahoo:

bitter much?

:fans:

chuckm
03-30-2006, 05:13 PM
Could you copy and paste some comments? The board makes you register in order to view comments.

here's a good one

we got beat out by the 2-14 texans.........i know alot of you are diehards who hold out hope til the last second...but sometimes you just gotta keep it real.

Htown34s
03-30-2006, 05:13 PM

Dude, if you're a Titans fan this is no time for you to be talking smack. :slap:

swtbound07
03-30-2006, 05:14 PM
1)"why would moulds sign for only 3 mil a year

he could of made more takinga pay cut in buffalo

and buffalo will win just as many if not more games this year than houston

houston sucks"

2)please tell me we are not that f'n cheap!!

3)Unless Matt is BSing, this is done now, Sirius is definitely credible. They must of offered a better pick or a large bonus, I wonder how much that was...

Still can't believe we got beat out by the terrible a** Texans...

4)we got beat out by the 2-14 texans.........i know alot of you are diehards who hold out hope til the last second...but sometimes you just gotta keep it real.

5)Freakin' A...this kinda sucks.

Ah well. We'll be OK. He can go to Houston and have a 4-12 season. And make the same amount that he would've made here.

Nice job, Eric.

keep them coming there bro...these are hilarious

chuckm
03-30-2006, 05:15 PM
another

ESPN has listd that the Eagles offered $8mil over 2year inc siging bonus. Didn't say anything about wht the Texans offered, except that it was lower draft picks. Must be same money.

COME ON........don't leave us hanging............SIGN ON THE DOTTED LINE........

GhostRaider2006
03-30-2006, 05:16 PM
Its basically this but in different versions:

"The deal is not done until he agrees to the pact and SIGNS on the dotted line. The Eagles could still swoop in with a better deal. Houston right now has the lock. But it's not as simple as "WE LOST HIM" just yet. I'm just telling you what is going around the airwaves."

They also don't believe the validity of the reports. Instead they are falling back on "I'm not going to believe this until kffl or ESPN.com reports it".

The denial over there is unbelievable. They just can't stomach that we beat them out in acquiring Moulds. They can't compute or comprehend it. It is funny as hell.

chuckm
03-30-2006, 05:17 PM
another

how great would it be if the Eagles swept in right now and got the deal done......and it is on the site tonight

Porky
03-30-2006, 05:17 PM

You're just jealous cause we got a better WR for less money. Go back to Meatball land troll boy.

chuckm
03-30-2006, 05:18 PM
it's worth taking the time to sign up for that message board just to see some of the animated gif avatars ...... (if you get my meaning)

swtbound07
03-30-2006, 05:20 PM
it's worth taking the time to sign up for that message board just to see some of the animated gif avatars ...... (if you get my meaning)

i registered...how long does it normally take for the admin to clear you?

LBblitz
03-30-2006, 05:21 PM
im thinking about joining it...which is all I need to do is become glued to another message board.:rolleyes:

chuckm
03-30-2006, 05:22 PM

I dunno .... I signed up about 10pm one night and was cleared for take off the next morning ....

texanfan2002114
03-30-2006, 05:22 PM

it took me overnight to get approved.

ALSO I'M POST 1000 ON THIS THREAD!!!

LBblitz
03-30-2006, 05:23 PM
1000 post for moulds thats saying alot for everyone here I must say...
and counting

chuckm
03-30-2006, 05:24 PM
im thinking about joining it...which is all I need to do is become glued to another message board.:rolleyes:

check out the avatars for these guys .... birdsfannum1 & mlm142

michaelm
03-30-2006, 05:25 PM
I slipped up a little on the sleeves, but don't have time to fix it at the moment...

http://www.michaelmassey.net/images/Moulds_81.jpg

Yossarian
03-30-2006, 05:25 PM
www.bugmenot.com gives you passwords to websites so you don't have to register...

user: bugmenot_eagles
pass: 12345

texanfan2002114
03-30-2006, 05:26 PM
www.bugmenot.com gives you passwords to websites so you don't have to register...

cool site

TexanFan881
03-30-2006, 05:27 PM

Thanks for that :)

Commissioner
03-30-2006, 05:29 PM
You guys can listen to wha they are saying in Buffalo about this at www.wgr550.com .

Their Bills beat reporter just contacted the Bills and Moulds' agent and said the Houston report is false. His agent is still talking to the Eagles and Texans.

TopTexanFan16
03-30-2006, 05:32 PM
You guys can listen to wha they are saying in Buffalo about this at www.wgr550.com .

Their Bills beat reporter just contacted the Bills and Moulds' agent and said the Houston report is false. His agent is still talking to the Eagles and Texans.

haha Nice way to bring down almost every Texan fan on this message board....you coulda just kept that to your self and let us find out.....haha ( not meaning this post to sound deragatory)

Porky
03-30-2006, 05:33 PM

:brickwall :crying:

ccdude730
03-30-2006, 05:36 PM
check out the avatars for these guys .... birdsfannum1 & mlm142
WHOA BABY! :yahoo: why cant we have that?

jk

TopTexanFan16
03-30-2006, 05:36 PM
:brickwall :crying:

And the Drama begins....see commisioner this is exactly what i was talking about, now poor porky probably wont be able to sleep tonight as he lies whimpering in bed.....gesh.

Htown34s
03-30-2006, 05:37 PM
And the saga continues...

ccdude730
03-30-2006, 05:38 PM
And the Drama begins....see commisioner this is exactly what i was talking about, now poor porky probably wont be able to sleep tonight as he lies whimpering in bed.....gesh.
"im having problems with my vision, i just cant see myself going into work today" i dont think they will accept that - so work just got even worse since i already wasnt going to be able to watch my spurs

:crying:

MikeMc
03-30-2006, 05:40 PM
Well, if you lost your best WR and arguably the #1 WR in the NFL to, of all teams, the Cowboys....you might be (a) ticked off, and (b) drolling at any shot of a decent WR via FA......maybe this solidifies them drafting a WR!

whiterhino
03-30-2006, 05:40 PM
reports out of buffalo are that both the titans and eagles have submitted trade offers to the bills. the bills are currently evaluating those offers.

texansfan88
03-30-2006, 05:41 PM
just to keep everyone happy for a moment, a lubbock tv station was the first to have the T.O. story, and no one, including the cowboys, believed them. they all called Fox34 liars and 3 days later... T.O. signed... so who cares what the Bills or Bills beat writer says

they're talking about hockey on sportsradio, whats wrong with these people? don't they know moulds is about to leave?

TexanFan881
03-30-2006, 05:43 PM
reports out of buffalo are that both the titans and eagles have submitted trade offers to the bills. the bills are currently evaluating those offers.

I'm hoping you mean the texans instead of the titans...

whiterhino
03-30-2006, 05:44 PM
yeah, the texans. my bad.

Texans Pride
03-30-2006, 05:47 PM
This is crazy. . . Someone wake me up when this nightmare is over!

TEXANS84
03-30-2006, 05:49 PM
This is crazy. . . Someone wake me up when this nightmare is over!

Talk about a roller-coaster. I thought I had this thing solved last night.

Mike Kerns
03-30-2006, 05:50 PM
I really wish this would end . . .On the upside, it has gotten my mind off the draft for a bit.

texansfan88
03-30-2006, 05:51 PM
knock on wood but

doesn't this sound a little too familiar to last years early report that Pace was coming to Houston put out by Houston media, and then ended up not happening?

GhostRaider2006
03-30-2006, 05:51 PM
It is 4 pm and Mark V said Casserly on plane with contract, BUT NOT SIGNED as Bills yet to accept the trade. Mark voiced it "should be a done deal soon." He then corrected himself saying things like this can go wrong. Sounded to me if Eric has accepted an offer and Bills have to accept what ever pick for trade to be completed. Probably run it by Eagles one last time. Sport updt said Texans office tells 610 moments ago.. no deal done at this time.

Well with what we know now it would seem to mesh with this report.

whiterhino
03-30-2006, 06:00 PM
both the eagles and texans have agreed to terms with e-mo's agent. the deal will boil down to which offer the bills want to except.

Mike Kerns
03-30-2006, 06:00 PM
Dont know if this one has allready been posted.

http://fanball.com/

BREAKING NEWS

TEXANS
Moulds acquired in trade
THE NEWS
The Texans have agreed to terms on a trade with the Bills that will net them wide receiver Eric Moulds, according to the Houston ESPN radio affiliate, ESPN 790. The station also reports that Moulds has agreed to a multi-year contract with the Texans, and once he signs the deal the trade will become official.

Our View
The Eagles were also reportedly in the running for Moulds, so we're not sure if it was the Texans' trade offer (reports indicate the Bills were seeking a fourth-round pick) or their ability to negotiate a new deal that have apparently swung things Houston's way. In Houston, Moulds will line up opposite Andre Johnson and give the Texans two legitimate downfield threats; now the problem is, can the Texans acquire some more help up front to allow David Carr the time to actually throw the ball downfield?

Texans Pride
03-30-2006, 06:11 PM
both the eagles and texans have agreed to terms with e-mo's agent. the deal will boil down to which offer the bills want to except.

link? source? name?

run-david-run
03-30-2006, 06:15 PM
Ahh! Can someone just phone up Eric Molds so we can find out?

HJam72
03-30-2006, 06:17 PM
Ahh! Can someone just phone up Eric Molds so we can find out?

I just called Eric Moulds and he said that he's been asleep all day, that I woke him up, and he doesn't know what the **** everybody's talking about. :)

ThaShark316
03-30-2006, 06:19 PM
I just called Eric Moulds and he said that he's been asleep all day, that I woke him up, and he doesn't know what the **** everybody's talking about. :)

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

mike230765
03-30-2006, 06:20 PM
Hjam tell him to get his lazy ***** up. and sign with the texans

keyfro
03-30-2006, 06:21 PM
sportcenter is about to talk about moulds

GLM
03-30-2006, 06:25 PM
sportcenter is about to talk about moulds

Have they already talked about him? If so, what was said?

jacquescas
03-30-2006, 06:25 PM
not yet

keyfro
03-30-2006, 06:26 PM
nope still waiting

GLM
03-30-2006, 06:26 PM
Thanks, I'll check it out then. Hopefully it's not one of those things where they mention it's coming up next and then don't say anything about it for 30mins and even then it's something we knew yesterday.

keyfro
03-30-2006, 06:28 PM
i just want to hear four sweet words....moulds is a texan :yahoo:

Dunta_23
03-30-2006, 06:32 PM
I have a bad feeling we MAY hear "Moulds is an Eagle":confused:

keyfro
03-30-2006, 06:33 PM
go figure we got to wait even longer to hear if sportcenter has anything good on the moulds case

Texans34Life
03-30-2006, 06:40 PM
Dalati just said on the 790 ticker that Moulds should be here for his physical on Monday after reports that the deal went through.

keyfro
03-30-2006, 06:41 PM
anyone else tired of hearing about barry bonds and this steriod issue

GLM
03-30-2006, 06:44 PM
It's getting to the point where I can't stand ESPN at all anymore. All they do is take a story and beat it to death for months.

jacquescas
03-30-2006, 06:45 PM
wait barry bonds did steriods? why wasn't this looked into further?

bigtex77
03-30-2006, 06:48 PM
It's getting to the point where I can't stand ESPN at all anymore. All they do is take a story and beat it to death for months.

:deadhorse

keyfro
03-30-2006, 06:48 PM
haha...this is sad...why in the world does barry bonds deserve a three day video story done on sportcenter...i can already tell you how this whole thing is gonna end...barry is gonna come out clean because he hasn't used steriods...atleast not for about 5 years...he's been using HGH or human growth hormones which does the samething steriods do but since it's just a hormone it cannot be tested...and i'm with you GLM...they said after the first segment that chris mortenson was gonna be up next and he's up only 4 segments later

GLM
03-30-2006, 06:49 PM
I bet all they say is something to the effect of Moulds is close to being traded and the two teams who are trying to trade for him are the Texans and Eagles.

keyfro
03-30-2006, 06:52 PM
haha...man if that's all they say this is gonna be a big waste

stevo3883
03-30-2006, 06:52 PM
wait barry bonds did steriods? why wasn't this looked into further?
this
http://www.fsu.edu/~crimdo/images/pirates/bonds.jpg

to this
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/041203/041203_bonds_vlrg.vlarge.jpg
is all natural baby!

jacquescas
03-30-2006, 06:53 PM
when has ESPN broken a story about the texans before this message board?

GhostRaider2006
03-30-2006, 06:55 PM
ESPN did their piece on Moulds

mortenson say that it will more than likely be the texans getting moulds

GLM
Well at least it was somewhat good news.

keyfro
okay so chances are he's ours but phili is still in the mix...wow great news scoop

Texans34Life
03-30-2006, 06:56 PM
Texans talk on 610...

http://www.sportsradio610.com

dbspi
03-30-2006, 06:58 PM
Here is the link:

http://sports.espn.go.com/NFL/news/story?id=2390132

http://www.790kbme.com/cc-common/mainheadl...&article=395219

GLM
03-30-2006, 07:02 PM
Texans talk on 610...

http://www.sportsradio610.com

jesus what is this? The most annoying commerical segment?

Grid
03-30-2006, 07:04 PM
yah so far ive been told how to use the bathroom and brush my teeth. Now im listening to a Nelly song, but it makes sure to cut in every 5 seconds to tell me that I am indeed listening to a sports station.

ghostlight
03-30-2006, 07:04 PM
My son and I are going to the Astros game in SF on 4/13 and sevaral friends from Texas are fying out to go with us. The stadium is all decked out in bonds junk and the fans truly support him. The question is will we survive with our Astros gear on and booing bonds when he comes to bat. I'm an extremist and hope they strip him of any records he sets.:homer:

Texans Pride
03-30-2006, 07:05 PM
why do i hear this annoying hip hop music on the news station?

Porky
03-30-2006, 07:06 PM
Could we kindly bring this thread back on subject. It's hard enough wading through this as is. Thank you for your cooperation. :)

AJExplosion80
03-30-2006, 07:08 PM
Barry about makes me want to throw up. He is so stupid and doesn't deserve any records. He needs to disappear into the night and never come back to baseball

GLM
03-30-2006, 07:10 PM
Either I have bad luck or 610am has gone WAY downhill since I left Houston.

Texans34Life
ESPN Radio Ticker said the deal could get done by the end of today b/t the Eagles and Texans.....

TexanFan881
This rollercoaster has so many loops and huge drops my head is starting to hurt. :brickwall